(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Oh, ok.

I'll just link them then.

What link should I use on Facebook?

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Uhhh you need to click "My account" and there will be a box at the top with a link in it. Make sure you copy the whole link and that is what you use.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 PM

Facebook probably needs html code, not BBcode? I don't actually know as I don't use Facebook :oops:

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I'm undoubtedly going to get flamed for this, but here goes...

Menewsha has lost a lot across the past several months, and now it sounds like the situation has gotten quite a bit worse. What you've announced is more than understandable. One pixelist can't handle it all, and another can't be hired without additional funding. Same goes for coding. Money is the bottom line, and there isn't enough of it. It's hard, and you and CK can only do so much. You've always had brilliant ideas that could never come to full fruition because of money. So what happens if the situation doesn't change?

If it's do or die, what about releasing some of the site rares for sale? 2007s, SNGs, things that are harder to obtain. If the price is high enough, it might help. I know it makes people cringe, though.

There is nothing to do here. Unless you have friends and threads to chat in, there's nothing. For a lot of users, chatting isn't enough. The games are boring after several weeks of playing. We have nothing interactive, and that isn't anyone's fault that there isn't money to get more. It just feels like the site is pinned. It can't grow without more money, but it might not be able to hold new user interest without there being more activity. It's difficult to think of things that could entice people here with the site as it is.

If I win the lottery anytime soon, I'll send a chunk along. I hate how money is the bottom line.

There are creative people on the site, so maybe someone is willing to pixel for free, or for items in exchange? There's gotta be someone around who would pixel some event rares for some V-Day 2007 items. Users might be unhappy with that, but it would mean they get an event...

Hang in there guys!
I have to agree with this.

What about offering staff/pixelists menewsha gold/items for their services? I know a few other sites that do this. And they've gotten some pretty good artists and pixelists through it.

Also, you have got to introduce more items into the cash shops. And what Chi said, possibly sell a few rares. It's not gonna sit well with a few people, but the others who would be interested will out weigh those who aren't.
I mean i am a loyal member to menewsha. But i stopped donating cause the items weren't interesting me anymore. :(

It's one thing to get people in, but if you don't have anything to make people stay, it's just gonna be a waste of time.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 PM

The biggest advertisement website that I see that will spread Menewsha like wildfire is deviant-art. Which there is already a club on there, it just needs more activity.

I never thought it would end up just being one person that would pixel items for an entire site, that is really really horrible. xD; I'm sorry that wishie has had to go through that. I love pixeling myself and I've been good at it but I'm no good at coming up with ideas. And I couldn't makeup ideas in a snap, they'd have to be made up by others and then have a reference of how it's to be shaped because just like my drawings, I also have kinks in my pixels too.

Iro's the only one doing the CI drawings as well, right? That's hard too.

There really needs to be another Menewsha pixel contest, that's whats really going to help. Otherwise, Menewsha will have to be on the back-burner on new pixels for a while.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Rare items should not be sold again in my opinion. Maybe if the items are sitting unused in accounts that are not being used but I do not agree with creating more items for sale.

I do agree that more items should be added to a cash shop but I wouldn't want Wishie to have to have more projects then she already does.

As soon as I get a printer I plan on printing some flyers. Maybe setting up something in the resource center as a guide on how to get people to refer others to come to the site would help as well?

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 PM

It's a shame that most websites I frequent wouldn't really appreciate Menewsha. I can imagine that SA would just find ways to flame/troll it, and that's no fun.

I'm also for more contests, especially pixel-art ones. We got some great item sets out of that last time, like holy wow. The last thing I want to see is Menewsha fall downward, though. Even with the minimal time I spend on it, I enjoy it all.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-28-2012, 10:06 PM

I responded earlier to Chi's suggestion, in the 3rd post :yes:

Already said in several threads that we'd pay people in gold if there was anyone who's good enough :)

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

i wish i had some talent, i'd love to help.
i think i remember someone saying we had a facebook promotion.
have we done a twitter, tumblr, etc. promotion?
Nuruhanj:, ObviouslyAya:, FireOnix:, Vickyll3:, @Lizzie-chan;
y'all are some of the artists i know here.
thought you might be able to do some pixels?
hmm I could try. What did you have in mind?

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Oh okay didn't see that...
Lemee see who i can russle up, there's few on that avi site i use to admin for. Whose talents are going to waste on there i could ask.

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 PM

I posted my referral link on Facebook. I hope some friends join up.

diamondt
Entertain me. Be unique. I chall...
Send a message via MSN to diamondt

Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Can't you hold a create a piece, or whole set, of clothing contest every month? So simple members from menewsha can try their hand at pixelling. Obviously, it can be superb or it can fail... But that way people can create stuff for you. Kinda... Instead of just suggesting them. People can give you permission to use whatever they create and all... Might be fun to try? I'd try for sure... :D More ways of supporting menewsha by trying simple stuff..?
And maybe event item creating contest? o.o You migth have enough creations to fill the event shop... I don't know. But I'd love to see you try this!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-28-2012, 10:27 PM

I need to ask someone who knows what the right coding to use for Facebook is! I'll harass Yan about that when he and I are both awake next.

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM

Just posting the referral link itself is just fine.

Like this is mine:

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/index....ferrerid=44033

That's all I posted, when you paste that in you can choose a thumbnail and then post away! :)

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM

I can see if any of my friends who I know like avatar sites would be willing to join. And I'm going to see if I can try to make more of an effort to do my part and donate a little each month. I'm hoping 2012 is a more wealthy year than 2011 was. :lol:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

i wish i had some talent, i'd love to help.
i think i remember someone saying we had a facebook promotion.
have we done a twitter, tumblr, etc. promotion?
Nuruhanj:, ObviouslyAya:, FireOnix:, Vickyll3:, @Lizzie-chan;
y'all are some of the artists i know here.
thought you might be able to do some pixels?
Oh the pressure, I never did any pixeling before

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondt View Post
Can't you hold a create a piece, or whole set, of clothing contest every month? So simple members from menewsha can try their hand at pixelling. Obviously, it can be superb or it can fail... But that way people can create stuff for you. Kinda... Instead of just suggesting them. People can give you permission to use whatever they create and all... Might be fun to try? I'd try for sure... :D More ways of supporting menewsha by trying simple stuff..?
And maybe event item creating contest? o.o You migth have enough creations to fill the event shop... I don't know. But I'd love to see you try this!
Actually, I kinda like this idea.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 PM

All I can say is I know you have some flyers in the resources
I will print them out and had them out at school
I know I can get some people to join that way
I always wanted to do that, but need that push
and this all the push I need

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 10:51 PM

~peeps up~
I've done some pixelling
I'm not fantastic at it like Wishie
some people seem to like my pixelling too so if Mene staff like my pixels enough, I'd be more than happy to help pixelling the odd bit of clothing to help with the recruitment and things?
I'd do it for free, or a little bit of gold, or a couple items.
I'm job hunting at the moment so i've got a fair bit of time to kill if I'll be of any use ^^

~nervous post makes no sense~

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM

OMG I should make my own flyer?
Dont know but it would be cool

diamondt
Entertain me. Be unique. I chall...
Send a message via MSN to diamondt

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 PM

Well, I just like creating in general :3 Thank you for the support Mewmew <3 Maybe I should make a petition... >=o.... And hey, there might be a super newbie pixellist who'll try creating something every month and will get better at it by time? XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM

I'll be glad to post something on my Facebook account.

That would be the only way I could help.
I don't know anybody to invite to Mene...my family thinks I'm crazy to be here.

"A woman YOUR age?"

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 PM

My family say the same Jean xD.
I already invited all i know online from the last drive.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM

Same here. :lol: Not too many people who live around here see the fascination with Mene like I do.

I tweeted a link to Mene and asked my followers to join. Let's see if they do. :)

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM

Roachi, what's that on your head?

I'd be happy to pay some "real" cash for the V-day pin...