Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 AM

@ Serika - Crowns and big wings are already present :D

Serika
Ore no Turn~~!! Draw!!
Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 AM

I meant is the resell of 07 Mene crown :D

About big white wings, is there such item in Menewsha?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 AM

If you use 2 of the cloaks for the current CI you can get a wing like appearance :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Neph, no matter how, old items should stay old. It would be upsetting to users who have already quested it... besides... at $50 who would even buy it?
I'd just buy 20 CIs instead at that cost
That's you. And I would. :)

As a person that's already quested most of those old items I wouldn't care if they were to come out again. ESPECIALLY if it meant that mene would get some much needed funds out of it.

I'm not sure why you responded to the question. Till I hear an outright no from someone with some authority on the matter I'll remain hopeful. :)

I still can't wait to see what we'll get regardless of what they end up being.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 AM

I applaud this proposed decision, as well. I am acutely aware (and grateful for the fact) that Menewsha does not have advertisements, on any of the various levels, from giving us tracking cookies to 'sponsored' advertising items. However by making that very brave choice, it is realistically a pain the actually just break even. I also know this is nothing that you aren't acutely aware of (a bit of preaching to the choir, I know), but I just wanted to convey that anyone who has probably spent at least a week here, let alone those of us who have been here for years, for the most part is completely understanding.

I also personally really value your determination to keep the integrity of CIs.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 AM

Neph, I'm sorry but breaking the market to give mene some more money doesn't appeal to me...

There's always the risk of accidentally making those rares too common.
Giving away rare-like items would be more of a kickstarter style thing... a special one time event.

I responded because I have an opinion, and staff should see both... not just one side.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 AM

There could always be like re-colors of the older items. I'm not too sure if that will be sufficient or if anyone would want that.

I don't really have an opinion about re-selling older items at a higher price or if any price, but than again I've never been a position where I do own an older item and to watch it be sold again.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Really happy to see this happening! I can't wait!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Neph, I'm sorry but breaking the market to give mene some more money doesn't appeal to me...

There's always the risk of accidentally making those rares too common.
Giving away rare-like items would be more of a kickstarter style thing... a special one time event.

I responded because I have an opinion, and staff should see both... not just one side.
I was asking a question not giving an opinion. It looked to me more like you were trying to answer for them.

Our market is broken already BTW. Which I think is part of the reason they're doing this in the first place.

Serika
Ore no Turn~~!! Draw!!
Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 AM

How broken is the Mene market? (Im not an exchanger in mene)

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 AM

YAY FINALLY!!!!

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Ooh...saw the FAQ question... I would certainly be willing to pay monies to acquire some Hooch! It calls to my hillbilly roots!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 AM

wow you guys are always doing to much for us! this is the best!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Will this be a shop of its own? or will it be going under the montly shop?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM

That's pretty exciting. Glad to see Mene expanding. :3

---------- Post added 08-26-2013 at 12:16 PM ----------

I think releasing old CIs in a different color would be okay.. >__< That way they still wouldn't be the original item.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Uh, well. Do what you gotta do.
If I have have enough gold to buy the items within the Market place, I'll get them.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm excited to see what comes from this. The only thing I fear is people selling mennie stuff for lots and lots of gold instead of just lots of gold. I try to be fair when I sell stuff, but I have seen some pretty ridiculous prices in the markets where stuff was being sold at 300% and 400% of the highest sale just a month or two later.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-26-2013, 02:47 PM

As a donator, I don't know that it would help as much as you're anticipating. Real life money for intangible items is always difficult for me. I only get the CIs I absolutely love and that's it. It will all depend on the prices. The prices would have to be very reasonable for me to still get those items that are not CIs. I also think that I would not buy the non-CI items if I could get similar items from a shop using currency I passively earned while enjoying myself here. The island Haloes, I bought one. And in the end I felt it just wasn't worth the price. Its something I'll give away at some point and that will make someone else happy an be all good, but I wouldn't purchase another one.

As far as the broken marketplace, that's all inflation. With sooo many free (and very appreciated) common type items during events, who buys anything anymore aside from small accent items? There's almost no need. Consider placing in gold sinks. Really nice items users feel they MUST have and must purchase from stores to obtain.

Last edited by TheEmpressofEvil; 08-26-2013 at 02:51 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM

I personally feel as if this will be a good idea. I myself have brought this suggestion up in the Feedback forum before as well as many others. As long as the prices are reasonable, I assume Mene will keep them low-ish, those who donate will most likely dish out a bit more money for the new items and it may even encourage users who never donate to use their money to buy the new stock.
At the moment, I will be unable to donate to Mene, but once funds are stable and I am able to get another job I know I will definitely be willing to spend extra money on new items.
It of course all depends on the quality of the items.

I think it would most definitely be wise to figure out what the general population of Mene would like to see. I still would love to see actual wings. I'd pay a reasonable amount of money for a pair of big angel wings. Even if there is just the one pose. I've always loved the ideas of wings. Sure, this new CI offers wing like similarities, but it still isn't actual wings.

Another idea on what kind of items to put in the Mene shop could be taken through polls and voted on. Get more people interested in the items by letting them help to control what goes in. <-- To an extent at least.

To spark interests there can be a contest to design an item of some sort. Users can enter their submissions and then a voting can take place for users to pick their favorite. That item could be put into the Mene shop and the user that created the item could get it for free. :P It shows gratitude and really gets the community involved. If a popular item is put into the shop then it would more likely spark up users to spend a littler more.

Of course, while remaining reasonable and controlled. I would hate to see Mene become another particular site..Because that site too started out just with low priced and small items. And then boom...D: An awesome pair of angel wings on there costs billions of gold..

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 05:58 PM

As an avid donator (now that I'm back haha) I'd like to give my opinion on the topic of re-release...I don't like the idea. There are a bunch of items I want from back in the day but I don't think it's fair to buy them. They are old and rare for a reason and this is coming from someone who super wants them but can't afford them. That goes for CIs and EIs only though. When it comes to Auctioneer items or things of that general "special" nature - you know things that still come out every now and then, I don't see a problem. Like if a specific item was from an NPC on Halloween, it could come into the shop on Halloween. Just an idea.

But CIs and EIs should remain special and out of the Mennies shop. Things like the Giving Back Auction and Quest Raffle are great ways to get those super rare items back into circulation without affecting the market, if that's what people/staff wanted.

On another site they re-released their oldest CI and now the value of it has dropped CONSIDERABLY and it was set at 1k real money! That's INTENSE. That being said, our site is incredibly different and things are different all over so it's not to say the same would happen...but it's definitely something to think about.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 PM

As long as you guys keep putting up quality items I will be buying them.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM

I think Randeh said it best.

Though on the word of recolors... a blue oriental fan would be amazing
Though with a recolor the item would need to cost more than a CI because otherwise it would probably be purchased instead of a CI... which in the end not much revenue would probably be gained from that.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM

Keep the discussion going guys, it's very helpful to use to get a well-rounded view of what everyone things

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM

I'm totally looking forward to more mennies items! > w<
Also, I think the haloes were totally worth their cost. I like them way more than the Island Healer.

Last edited by Kent; 08-26-2013 at 08:48 PM..

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
As an avid donator (now that I'm back haha) I'd like to give my opinion on the topic of re-release...I don't like the idea. There are a bunch of items I want from back in the day but I don't think it's fair to buy them. They are old and rare for a reason and this is coming from someone who super wants them but can't afford them. That goes for CIs and EIs only though. When it comes to Auctioneer items or things of that general "special" nature - you know things that still come out every now and then, I don't see a problem. Like if a specific item was from an NPC on Halloween, it could come into the shop on Halloween. Just an idea.

But CIs and EIs should remain special and out of the Mennies shop. Things like the Giving Back Auction and Quest Raffle are great ways to get those super rare items back into circulation without affecting the market, if that's what people/staff wanted.

On another site they re-released their oldest CI and now the value of it has dropped CONSIDERABLY and it was set at 1k real money! That's INTENSE. That being said, our site is incredibly different and things are different all over so it's not to say the same would happen...but it's definitely something to think about.
I agree.

My opinion on re-releasing items... I don't want that to happen.

Having them rare makes it something you have to quest. I mean really quest. I see people questing things that cost 30 gold in their signatures and I laugh. It is so easy to get those.

If everything was too easy to get, then this place would lose some of it's spark.

If everything was too hard to get, then also this place would lose some of it's spark.

There is a balance.