Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 PM

*waits to see what new items result from this new mennies shop*

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-26-2013, 09:42 PM

Intresting... I may have to budget some monies... but have to get stuff around here set first. (Need a new microwave, computer, and puppy gets a first vet visit...)

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
If everything was too easy to get, then this place would lose some of it's spark.

If everything was too hard to get, then also this place would lose some of it's spark.
This exactly!

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 PM

Thank you :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 12:00 AM

So 3 months to a year between items being available to buy in the Exchange/MP for people like me just sitting on gold isn't considered hard?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 AM

But you seem to forget the fact that through buying the older rares you are hurting the value of items some people have already obtained.

If they sold say the V-Day pin for money... I would be very upset because I had to spend almost my entire inventory to get it... yet some person with a job can just go and buy it? Menewsha isn't a facebook game... and if it ever acted like one it would lose a lot of favor in my eyes.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 AM

I can understand why you'd want to add additional items to the Mennies store. I only have one request... Don't become obsessed with it like Gaia Online did.

It was the main reason I left the site. And I don't want such a lovely place like this turn into that.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinKadia View Post
I can understand why you'd want to add additional items to the Mennies store. I only have one request... Don't become obsessed with it like Gaia Online did.

It was the main reason I left the site. And I don't want such a lovely place like this turn into that.
I second that, but I don't see the Mene staff allowing that at all.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM

I probably have the unpopular opinion, but I'd be displeased if the older CIs and EIs were put in the Mennies Store. I worked really hard for my full hoard. I would be kinda put off if you guys just made my five-six years of loyalty and work the equivalent of dumping cash in the store. :/

maidenroseheart

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
So 3 months to a year between items being available to buy in the Exchange/MP for people like me just sitting on gold isn't considered hard?
I spent over a year trying to get an item, and then one day someone heard what I wanted, why, and how much it meant to me... and gifted it to me. That item, though I didn't buy it, holds more value to me than anything else in my inventory. (1) It was not easy to get (2) It is worth a lot in gold (3) it is worth a lot sentimentally (4) there are not a lot of them available nor is it used often

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM

For the older CIs and EIs, their rarity is part of their value. I think re-releasing them would also take away from that.

maidenroseheart

Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 AM

I heard sites like Gaia often re-releases their stuff and that the value of those items have little value now. The idea made me sad.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 PM

I don't agree with re-releasing old items either, but I think recolorables would be nice. Perhaps with a noticeable difference from the original item. If that as the case then the original item would never be over casted. I'd pay a little bit of money for a different color O. Fan, but I would still be crazy after the original one. *shrugs*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Sticking old items in the store is only ever going to devalue them. Unless we only made them available for 15 minutes or something silly. But then they'd fail in their intent of bringing in some more revenue, wouldn't they.

We're mulling over the recolour option; the garnet dragon sword is an item that would benefit enormously from coming in a black/silver colourway so it was actually useable. Things like that, you know? Not dumb stuff that kind of insults the item, not needless colour additions just for the sake of gaining some cash, but options that make an item so much more viable because its original colours make it way too hard to use.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM

I support that post ^^ Very good way of putting it!

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 PM

Exciting news! I can't wait to see the new items *u*

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Jelly - It's good to see you want to recolor the harder to use items ^^

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Honestly, if Menewsha is gonna start "taking advantage" of older items for revenue, then I'd first like to see issues with the older items addressed. IE, the Cloak of Healing still layers strangely over the hair. I kind of feel like that fixing that issue was pushed into the back due to the fact that very few people have that item. But the fact is, I did pay for this item, and I am rather irked that this item is basically useless and therefore valueless despite being one of Menewsha's first CIs.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Anna, I have a huge project for improving the layers, that I've not been able to work on due to just not having the time. Now that I have some help on the AA side of things I can start working on that again.

It won't fix the issue completely, that's not going to be possible without masking, but it will enable hoods to work properly with hair that fits within the shape of the particular hood you're wanting to equip.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 PM

That sounds legit. Good luck on getting it done. I'm pretty excited about it. And other people, too. I know that other people have been having the same issue with other hooded items.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM

I usually remove hair for hoods.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 PM

On the topic of recolors, I don't think I'd mind if a silver version of the crowns were released. > w> Or any other recolors of other items, for that matter. X3 A black and silver dragon sword sounds awesome!

I don't think the original items should ever be re-released, though.

maidenroseheart

Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Sticking old items in the store is only ever going to devalue them. Unless we only made them available for 15 minutes or something silly. But then they'd fail in their intent of bringing in some more revenue, wouldn't they.

We're mulling over the recolour option; the garnet dragon sword is an item that would benefit enormously from coming in a black/silver colourway so it was actually useable. Things like that, you know? Not dumb stuff that kind of insults the item, not needless colour additions just for the sake of gaining some cash, but options that make an item so much more viable because its original colours make it way too hard to use.
I love the garnet dragon sword so much but another color scheme would be nice.

---------- Post added 08-28-2013 at 09:06 AM ----------

And I took the challenge and did something with the said item... thoughts? Too cluttered?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 08-28-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Anna, I have a huge project for improving the layers, that I've not been able to work on due to just not having the time. Now that I have some help on the AA side of things I can start working on that again.

It won't fix the issue completely, that's not going to be possible without masking, but it will enable hoods to work properly with hair that fits within the shape of the particular hood you're wanting to equip.
If there is ever anything I can help with, I'm always willing :)