Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 04-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Ry'llein Academy has students with a wide range of talents ranging from brilliant writers to genius scientists. A small group of these students have special "titles" that they are referred to around the school. During the day, all students have normal lessons and hang out with their classmates. Once night falls though, things are different. The titled group goes to bed like the other students in their provided dorm rooms, but instead of falling into dreamless sleeps, or dreaming of whatever, they take special classes in their sleep.

They have a sort of "alter ego" in their dream states. they can be half-animal, a mythical creature with a humanoid form, etc. They don't necessarily retain the same gender as when they're awake though.

In these special "night classes" they are taught to protect the boundaries of the mortals and the dreamers. Mortals are the everyday students and everyday people in the waking world. The dreamers are people like these titled students who become something else once they fall asleep. there is a boundary keeping the waking world and the sleeping world apart. some dreamers don't want that boundary there, wanting to stay in their dream forms for life due to multiple reasons. Most because they just can't stand their actual lives.

The duty of the students/dreamers of the academy are to become guardians of the boundary. their titles in their actual lives actually correspond with their abilities in the sleeping world and gives them special weapons/abilities that no other dreamers have. With these extra skills, they are taught to fight and defend by an omnipresent voice.

Of course, even among the guardians it is possible there will be a deserter. Will these students be able to band together and work as one to keep the peace?

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 04-22-2012 at 01:32 AM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM

RULES
~Keep OOC posts in the OOC thread
~Respect the other players
~Semi-literate posts: NO ONE-LINERS
~I'm in charge, so don't go telling other people what to do
~No killing off other characters unless given permission
~Rules are subject to being edited and changed according to my whim. I will, of course, tell you if any changes are made
~PM profiles to me with the title of the roleplay and your character's title in the subject line
~Have fun with it, this is a roleplay, not schoolwork
~Be able to post at least once a week, and read the posts you missed instead of asking for summaries of what happened while you were gone
~This will possibly be a slow moving roleplay, so be patient

Aoi Kazuya

Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 PM

Profile Skeletons
PHP Code:
[FONT="choose a font"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="color1"]"(Insert character's title here)"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
(
anime picture of waking world character) (anime picture of dreamer state) (crop the pictures to squares/rectangles so that you can fit both pictures. if you can't then give me links to the pictures and I'll do it.)
[
COLOR="color2"][SIZE="1"]appearance:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [URL="insert link of character in waking world here (preferably in a school uniform-esque outfit"]waking world[/URL// [URL="insert link here to dreamer state character"]dreamer state[/URL]
[COLOR="color1"][SIZE="1"]name:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (Insert character name here)
[
COLOR="color2"][SIZE="1"]age:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (age here15-19)
[
COLOR="color1"][SIZE="1"]gender:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (gender in waking world// (gender in dreamer state)
[COLOR="color2"][SIZE="1"]sexuality:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (does this really need explaining?)
[
COLOR="color1"][SIZE="1"]major:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (what major are you specializing in the academythe artsthe scienceshumanitiesmedicinaletc)
[
COLOR="color2"][SIZE="1"]abilities:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (weapons and abilities gained in dreamer statemust have some sort of connection to title)
[
COLOR="color1"][SIZE="1"]other:[/SIZE][/COLOR] (any extra info. if nonejust put n/a)[/CENTER]
[
RIGHT][COLOR="color2"](username)[/COLOR][/RIGHT][/FONT
FOLLOW THE CODE PROVIDED. IF YOU ARE CONFUSED, GO CHECK THE OOC FOR WHAT AN ACCEPTED PROFILE LOOKS LIKE. ANY EDITED CODES WILL LEAD TO REJECTION. thank you :3

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 04-15-2012 at 08:57 PM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 PM

OOC Thread

here's the OOC thread: Dreamer's Academy Break Room

Aoi Kazuya

Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 AM

Golden eyes stared out of one of the large windows on the highest floor of the academy. The floor that students were not allowed on. It was the beginning of a new school year. The first for the academy since it closed it's doors due to mysterious circumstance three years ago. Janne turned away from the view of students entering the academy grounds and bidding their parents a tearful see you later. He dropped the last of the folders he had been looking at onto the desk that was covered in similar folders. Each was filled with information on the incoming students. Information that he needed to figure out who would be in which dorm. While he sifted through the folders remaining folders, He had sent Larc with the few folders he had picked out down to the library at the other end of the hall. It wouldn't hurt to do a bit of research on their new "comrades" before they had to actually meet them. Janne leaned over the desk and started straightening the folders quickly, leaving a stack of neat papers on the desktop when he was finished. he turned back to the window and with a swipe of his hand, drew a curtain across the glass, immediately cutting off the sunlight that had been streaming through to fill the room.

Plunged into darkness, Janne blinked a few times as his eyes slowly adjusted to the barest sliver of light entering from the crack below the double doors that led to his office. He avoided the furniture and knickknacks that had been artfully placed in the room as he raised a hand to his tie, straightening it before exiting his dark office and entering the brightly lit hallway. His eyes narrowed at the sudden glare of light and he continued down the hall, his steps barely audible against the plush-carpeted floor. The rest of the school had tile floors covered with a thin carpet. If he was going to be staying here... well, he could afford a few such luxuries for the place that he and his brother would be working from.

Finally, he approached the library and found the double doors ajar. He entered quietly. He only had to walk past the first couple of bookshelves before coming upon the large circular area in the middle of the library filled with sunlight that fell from the dome of glass that covered the spot. It was here that he found his brother sitting with piles of books surrounding him, the folders spread open with his brother's elegant cursive covering whatever space there was.

"Have you found anything of interest Larc?"

As his brother had instructed, Larc had made his way to the library, heading straight for the center. He began by opening all the folders and scattering them around him, reading through them quickly, before heading deeper into the depths of the shelves of books and finding the ones he needed, bringing them back with him to the center. He had just about finished with his work when he heard his brother's soft footsteps approaching.

"Besides your apparent skill in picking out the important ones?" Every file he had been handed by Janne, had in fact, been a student who would no doubt be a dreamer. "If so...then yes... look..." He got up from his spot and picked up the files, stacking them one on top of the other as he neared his brother. The two Kishinori's conversed in hushed tones as they exited the library, heads bent over the files. The discussion was quickly finished as Larc shut the last file and smiled a small smile at his older brother. "This year should prove interesting, hm?" he questioned.

"No doubt." Janne replied before glancing at the wristwatch he wore. Noting the time he motioned for Larc to put the files away quickly so that the two of them could go down together. it was almost time for the orientation in the main auditorium.

((that means everybody will have to end up in the auditorium for orientation :D this way we can all start from somewhere, lol))

Destiny
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 AM

Evelyn looked up from her book and glanced around at the other students who had started to file in. She had gotten here early and it had almost been as deserted as a ghost town, but now, the school was filled with squeals, laughter, and chatter. She stared enviously at the kids who were being nagged by their parents. Of course, they were rolling their eyes and trying to get rid of them, but she'd give anything to be in their place. Oh well... She thought to herself. It's not a perfect world. I just have to learn to deal with that.

She watched as some of the girls whispered in each other's ears, giggling at the latest gossip, and the boys who wrestled each other, messing up each other's hairs in the process. She wondered if she'd fit in here. She wasn't into all that girly gossip stuff, nor did she enjoy sports. She loved reading... and books. Who'd want to hang out with a nerd like her?

She closed her book and stuffed it back into her messenger bag. The time of the orientation was coming close, and she had no idea where she was going still. It'd take her at least an hour to find it in this huge place. She contemplated just following all of the other students, but half of them didn't have a clue as to where they were going either. She sighed. It was time for trial and error.

She pushed through the enormous front doors and her breath stopped short. It was breathtaking... literally. She felt like she'd just walked into heaven; the lights were so bright that they practically blinded her. She stood there for a good five minutes until she was shoved by the masses of students piling in. She almost lost her balance, but caught herself before she could fall. Phew... almost thought I'd have my first big embarrassing moment there. She cursed herself for being so clumsy.

"E-excuse me? Do you know where the auditorium is?" She asked one of the students, but they had walked away. They probably hadn't heard her in all this commotion. There were students everywhere, as far as the eye could see. She had no idea where to go, so she just turned into the left-most hallway and continued on walking, praying that she'd find the auditorium in time for the orientation... and not get lost.

Last edited by Destiny; 04-22-2012 at 04:12 AM..

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 AM

Quinton got out of his car after having diving for 2 hours it felt good to be out of the stuffy car, he unlocked the boot of the car taking out his suitcases. I can't just leave my car here? Hey, excuse, excuse me, do you know where students can leave their cars? That's okay just ignore me. He looked at the school admiring the grand architecture, the detailing along each window frame, and door way. This place must be ancient.

He took out the crumpled letter from his pocket and started to read it Dear Student, blah blah blah blah Orientation blah blah blah auditorium. Well where's the auditorium? He had a look around noticing all the students, that were here as well There must be at least a thousand people here alone. Where will they all stay? Well I might as well leave you here. He said talking to the car, he put his suitcases back into the boot of the car and locked it. He made his way through the masses of people towards the school. Someone fell into him on his way there, Hey watch it!

When he got inside, it was even more admirable, the tiled flooring against the dark walls and the light from the tall window filtering through adding a yellowish hue to the atmosphere, Oh great more people. he started to make his way further inside the school to find someone if they knew where the auditorium was. But he doubted anyone would hear him, amongst the commotion of the first day routine. He tried to see over the mass of people to try and get his bearings and he saw one person moving quickly, They must know where to go! he thought, and pushed his way through the crowded entrance hall. He followed the fellow student down the corridor. In hope that they knew where they where going.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Riena wiped sweat off her brow with the back of her hand. With a smirk, she watched the other try-outs attempt the run she just completed. 'First day of school and 1st thing in the morning track try outs. This is going to be great.' she smirked at her thought. So far none of these girls have come close to her time. She could hear their whispers and murmurs about her being impossibly good. The punk girl was used to being unliked. It came with having purple hair and some piercings.

At the sound of the coaches voice all the runners gathered their totes and headed to the change room for a quick shower and to change. Riena was to excited to pay any attention to the girls around her. Running was her euphoria. Swinging her tote bag onto one shoulder, her back pack on the other, Riena made her way with the rest of the first years to the Auditorium.

"Excuse you!" she said harshly to some prissy chick that bumped into her. Riena just ruffled her short purple hair and brushed it off. The auditorium was noisy and crowded. "I hate this." she muttered under her breath. She'd much rather still be somewhere doing something physical.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 AM

Anise watched the other students and their parents from the distance. Her parents had dropped her off the day before since she asked them to. To her disappointment she wasn’t able to do the exploring of the campus that she had planned and ended up camping. Watching the other students and hearing their shrieks of joy and laughter made her groan inward. It’s so noisy.

She moved from where she had been standing out of the way and attempted to pick her way through the crowd. Weaving her way around those around her she finally made her way to the doors. Once inside she took a moment to take in her surrounds. The school was simply stunning. It was much more beautiful than she had imagined. While standing there someone pushed into her causing her to stumble slightly. “Watch it,” she said harshly towards the person who bumped into her. Apparently they hadn’t heard her since they react which was probably for the best.

She readjusted her black messenger bag on her shoulder. Well time to find the auditorium. With all the noise around her it was pointless to try asking someone if they knew where it was. Looking about one last time trying to decide which way she should try looking first. It took a few minutes, but she finally decided to head to the right and hope that she didn’t get lost.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 AM

Larc shot his brother a curious glance as the two descended the main staircase. Janne had fallen silent after they had left the top floor and had kept a perfectly blank expression on his face the entire way down. Larc wasn't ashamed to admit that at times, even he couldn't figure his own brother out. But... that was normal for the two of them. They didn't have to understand one another perfectly, they just had to understand.

The two paused on the landing just above the last flight of stairs that led down into the massive throng of students milling around. The noise levels were incredible. After spending so long in the large building and having it completely silent... this was almost deafening. "My... isn't this school popular this year?" Larc mused, wrapping one arm around his middle and resting his fingers lightly on his chin as his calm gaze swept over the masses.

Janne stuck his hands into his pockets, shifting his weight to his back leg as his cool gaze followed Larc's gaze onto the students. It didn't really matter to him if they had a ton of students or not, it didn't affect any of his calculations.

"Let's go. Orientation starts in a minute." he murmured, knowing Larc would hear him despite the noise levels. Janne was certain he'd have a headache from all this noise later.

Larc nodded and dropped his arms before descending the rest of the stairs, Janne right behind him. The two Kishinori's melted into the crowd, but it wasn't hard to follow their progress as the crowd parted for them as they walked. It couldn't be because of who they were, seeing as none of these students knew the two brothers. Maybe it was just the aura that rolled off of them? While Larc himself had a warm-ish aura that seemed inviting (or maybe it was the small welcoming smile he had on his face?), Janne was like a torrent of ice. The very air about him felt cold and his blank expression definitely didn't help. Larc shook his head at his brother's back when Janne picked up his pace and hurried down the center hallway.

There were actually entrances to the main auditorium from all ends of the school as the main auditorium was located right in the center of the building most of the classes were located in. Janne reached the large doors that led to the auditorium and threw them open, walking purposefully towards the stage. Larc paused just long enough to make sure the doors weren't damaged and to prop them open before following Janne's steps. The two stopped right in front of the stage and took seats in the front row. They would wait for the rest of the students to filter in... or until Janne's patience ran out. Larc rested his chin in the palm of one hand and stared up at the empty stage.

Destiny
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM

As she was walking, Evelyn felt a shiver go up her spine. She looked over her shoulder and quickly spun around when she saw two older boys approach her. She saw that the crowd of people moved to the side when they walked by and she realized they weren't approaching her, but rather making their way to one of the doors. She almost froze under the cold death stares from one of the boys, but she forced her feet to move and she jumped to the side before she was run over. Jeez... What a scary person. She frowned and then saw that they made their way through a pair of large doors.

Evelyn breathed out in relief when she realized that the door they just entered through were the doors to the auditorium. She pushed through the doors and found herself stepping into a breathtakingly large room, decorated especially for the event. She quickly realized that students were pouring in from all ends of the room and that there was more than one entrance to the auditorium. She made a mental note of that for later so that if there were ever any assemblies, she could just enter from the closest pair of doors.

She swiftly took the last seat at the front, cutting off a girl who had initially planned to sit there. "What the!" The girl glared at her and scoffed away. Sorry, but I always get the front seat. Evelyn thought to herself. It was a habit of hers to grab the front seat for any event or classroom. She didn't want to miss a thing the speaker said and the front seat was always the best seat for learning. In this case, she technically wasn't in the front row, since the very front was reserved for faculty members and the such, but oh well. This was the best she could get.

She twiddled her fingers in her lap, waiting patiently for the orientation to start. The room was gradually growing louder from all the chatter; it bothered her. She didn't like loud or busy places. She preferred quiet... like the library.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Quinton passed though the large mahogany doors into the auditorium, he looked around and notice that the room was circular, he also saw the doors that led into the room and didn't realise how many there were. He looked up at the ceiling seeing the azure blue sky beeming through the glass dome lighting the whole room. He walked down one of the aisles until he found a suitable seat he sat down and realised that he probably wouldn't be able to see once the orientation began.

"Please let noone big or tall sit infront of me please, please!"

He waited go the mob of students to enter the room but it felt like it was talking forever. He had to stand up a few times to let other students past so they could sit down, he looked around and could kist see more and more students entering.

"There can't be this many surely?" Quinton looked toward the front about 2 o:clock of him noticing a girl who was just standing as though she wa about to have a go at someone.

"I'm not surprised at the number of students here there would be a little arguing."

He sat down and waited or the orientation to begin, not paying much attention to the events around him, he was off in his own world.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 AM

Anise watched as the crowd of students parted for the two males that walked towards a pair of mahogany doors. The aura that the two of them gave off was interesting. The one was cold and indifferent while the other’s was more welcoming and warm. She moved out of their way like the others had, but kept her eyes on them. The doors they opened were to the auditorium.

She followed the crowd of students flooding into the auditorium. The room was massive and decorated for the event. Looking around she noted the multiple entrances, the glass dome from which sunlight lit the room and stair cases off to the side leading to the balcony in the back of the room. She picked her way over to one of the stair cases and headed up to the balcony.

Most of the students were filling in the floor seats so there were few people in the balcony. She took a seat near the top in the center. The view from up here was decent which made her happy. Now if only the noise level would die down. All the noise was starting to give her a headache.