jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-07-2014, 10:07 PM

You're comparing yourself to McDonalds? Shame on you, Nugs!

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-08-2014, 12:08 AM

I AM McNugget, though.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 AM

I guess that would make you McFabulous when you flip your hair

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Maybe like, two people living in India registered on Mene but never posted Fresh Meat intros or got active on Mene? Would they still be added to the maps?
Now I remember that when all my friends were leaving for different junior colleges (that's where you do 11th and 12th grade. I know high school means different things in different countries :P) my best friend was going practically to the neighbouring city, and we don't really dig email or Facebook so I told her we should join an avi site and keep in touch that way.
We did a brief stint at Gaia and didn't dig it either, and I told her to pick between Mene and KofK and she picked KofK. But now I'm thinking about it she might have signed up for both sites and then decided she liked KofKbetter. (She usually calls herself CycloneKira. Yep another Kira lol.) Three months later I wanted to add another plume to my hat and came here and got addicted... my KofK plume seems to be getting frayed at the edges *gulpbetternotshirkgulp*
All this backstory just to say you might check for a user registered as CycloneKira. I knows, I knows. People goes too far for

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:44 PM

Maybe you can get her to come back

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-09-2014, 04:05 PM

o.o Really? OMG she even made a starter avatar! She must've registered and also activated her accound and stuff! The site like commands you to post an introduction, but her post count is zero I see so she must've ignored that XP
When I realised I was only on KofK to talk to her I did try to get her here. She's actually a delinquent-Japanese-gang-girl wannabe kind of girl so I didn't expect her to take to KofK, but she did, because she liked the community so much. I told her Mene's community is also beyond awesome but she's reluctant to move away. I can kind of understand that because she does not get enough time on the computer to be able to devote time to two sites- she spends ALL her time on KofK. Here's her profile, she's made like 350 posts, is firm friends with several users, and is raising like four knuffles. She's also pretty close to achieving her dream avi and has a thriving hangout. Coming to Mene would mean starting all over again.
I could threaten her by telling her I'll ONLY talk to her on Mene, not on Kofk, and she might come for my sake XP I could entice her by saying 'Come to Mene, come to Me,' or something lame like that, tell her I was on KofK for her sake so she should balance it out by coming here for my sake. My birthday's in two weeks, I could ask that she comes to Mene as a true gift to me from the heart or something. But even if I try this stuff neither of us is gonna take me seriously.
But if I show her that people other than me who don't even know her are as eager as I am that she should come here she might show up. Maybe not very often. But her post count sure won't be zero xD.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Why not make a birthday hangout and ask her to celebrate it here?

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-09-2014, 06:25 PM

I never could get into KofK. Too complicated for me.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I'm the same with Knuffle, also, because I was here already and I struggle to focus on more than a small amount of sites at once, I didn't get into it.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 PM

I liked feeding other people's knuffle things at times but that's as far as I went.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-10-2014, 04:00 PM

KofK is annoying when I write a long RP post and get 4 FP for it. I didn't like the pets getting hungry and bored in a day flat either, I haven't the time to entertain that sort of thing.
She's coming over for my birthday, but her exams are going on and the nearest weekend after they end she's allowed on the computer the whole day. (Otherwise, she's allowed on the net once a month or so. Which is why most of the time she spends online is on the sly, and sly time comes in too-small packages.) She wanted to come over the weekend after exams but then she wouldn't be able to come to my birthday because she'd be visiting me twice in the same month. So, the weekend she's allowed on the net the whole day I could have an LAN party with her here!
*rubs hands gleefully* Haha thanks everyone, you've led me to the perfect plan! Now to PM her on KofK...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2014, 01:43 AM

ONCE. A. MONTH.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 AM

I think I'd die without internet for a month+

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-11-2014, 09:28 AM

She's never known a better internet-time plan. But yeah I'd die a long, painful, drawn-out death due to withdrawal symptoms if I were in her place.
She's still luckier than my cousin though. His mom would only allow him to game or do anything on the internet during his summer holidays, in order to prevent the possibility of his getting addicted. Actually, she didn't want him to get distracted from his studies. The poor boy used to eat his meals with his schoolbooks, so that he wouldn't waste time eating when he could study at the same time!
(She was scared when this other cousin of mine got addicted to games and failed college. She doesn't realise that the reason he even got so into gaming and escaping is because he wasn't able to cope up with the studies in that particular college. He started skipping classes, then started gaming, then it became a cycle.)
I'm sad for him the former cousin though he's studying in a great college because he wanted to study physics but he's studying computer science instead because he'll be more employable then.
Our monstrous educational system makes monsters out of parents. I wonder if, if and when I'm a parent, I'll be transformed in monstrous ways too.

Last edited by Dandelioness; 10-11-2014 at 09:31 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2014, 12:59 PM

Sounds like the Chinese parents who stick their kids in some bootcamp for "internet addicts", when the real problem is them having no idea how to communicate with their children. :(

Becoming a Parent (capital P) has the potential for awakening the beast in anyone, I think I have my own mother/education sob stories : / Seems people are really lucky if their parents don't do their best to royally mess up their kids lives, all because they want what's best for the child, of course...

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-11-2014, 06:55 PM

Reminds me of something my mother told me once. She told me she didn't want me to be happy, she wanted me to make money.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Yeah, that's a prime Parental Downer, right there >.> Many seem to feel it's their duty to stamp any joy of life out of their children, and make sure they're fully aware that life is hard. If you're really lucky they grind you down so much you lose all drive to make something of yourself and get the best from your life. >.> Parents are massize buzzkills a lot of the time, and that's no-one's fault but their own, too!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-11-2014, 07:46 PM

My parents have also indirectly referenced me to slave labor before too

Quote:
If you're really lucky they grind you down so much you lose all drive to make something of yourself and get the best from your life.
Bingo... and getting it back is a pain because you need something to replenish that drive.

Then by the time you get that drive you realize that your lack of drive made you stop college and pursue deeper education, forever screwing you over for the rest of your life.

Thus you're paid to shovel dirt or wipe butts the rest of your life.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2014, 08:37 PM

There's always a way to make your life better :) Your parents fuck you over when you're reliant on them, but once people move out they do then tend to carry on with the job themselves, because they don't know anything else, and it's safe and known, even if it's doing them no favours what-so-ever.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-11-2014, 08:56 PM

Yeah but good luck getting enough money to make 3 times your $1,000 rent because that's the cheapest a safe place to live costs.
Any cheaper and your car will be broken into constantly and you will have a high probably to get shot stabbed or mugged by a druggie

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM

Most people need to start at the bottom and work their way up, Poet At your age the place I lived in, the walls turned black with mold every winter because of the damp, there's always crap in your life, it's just learning to not let it beat you down. :)

You have a job now, you didn't before, so that's an improvement.

Next step, find a job that's more suited to you. Work bloody damn hard to do that, too. No emo whining about how there isn't any and you need experience etc. etc. and other excuses to not push and push to find something better. People make their own luck, and positivity is one of the first things that you need. You can do it, so believe in yourself a bit more, damn it, because I will find a way to come and kick your ass for you one day, otherwise. Though doing that will cause me to fall and you'll have to help me up, and then I'll slap you. :P

I freely volunteer to yell at you until you learn to be more positive, because I'm a people person, Juru says so!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2014, 12:41 AM

Jelly I swear you're basically my life counselor XD

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-12-2014, 01:42 AM

All stuff I would have said, except that I'm blunt to the point of rudeness. It would have likely been very offensive.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2014, 09:12 AM

Haha, I'm always worried about offending people myself as I can be very blunt. Good to know that there's levels of that too. ><

Life councellor/buttkicker - all comes down to the same thing in the end. ><