Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 PM

"Complete garbage," he corrected her. "Though even garbage can be turned into something new, perhaps better." He produced a paper swan from his back pocket and carefully folded it's wings into position. It was the kind that when you pulled it's tail back and forth, it's wings flapped, as he demonstrated. "For you," he offered, walking over to the small grate in the glass wall and flattening the swan to poke it through one of the holes. Even at his tall stature, he had to stand on tiptoes to reach the iron gateway.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 03-31-2008, 07:09 PM

She smiled lightly at his description, supposing he would certainly know! She had always wondered whose sad idea it had been to put vampire reading in a vampires holding cell, probably one of the newcomers who thought it would be an amusing joke.

She blinked with surprise however, as he produced the swan. "For... me?" she asked, feeling a slight stupid at her statement of the obvious. Se blushed brightly then, as she walked over to retrieve the swan from a guard. Walking back to her place, swan in hand, she gently pulled upon its tail in the way he had shown, and its wings flapped in her hands.

It brought a bright smile to her face. And despite everything else that seemed to be awry, Celepas's gold eyes seemed to sparkle. One could catch a glimpse of what she was like when she was truly happy in this way, before she closed her eyes a moment in thought, her smile still lingering. She turned back towards the vampire, the dove still in hand.

"Thank you," she said, and even her tone held a light cheer about it. "I will keep it safe. I had no idea you knew how to do origami in such a wonderful way really..." She was at a loss for words actually. Or at least the words she wished to say, and suddenly she strongly wished tehre was noone listening in. But... of course, she knew things could not be that way either.

((:3 Aaaaw, so cute :3 ))

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 05:37 PM

((He has his sensitive side. ;D Sorry I haven't been replying of late. D= I don't really have a viable excuse. >.<))

A gentle smile touched his lips as he watched her fumble over her words. A smile one may never expect of such a mysterious and savage creature. His fingers walked themselves slowly up the glass between them as he leaned against it.

"Maybe I'll teach you some time," he mused, his voice soft and low as if divulging a secret. "Recycling at it's best, no?"

He hadn't expected quite such a reaction from her, but she did seem genuinely happy with the little paper ornament. A part of him felt a little sorry for her, so easily charmed into submission. Because, of course, she was going to have to die at some point. Anyone that was in his way of freedom would. That would just be how things went.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM

((No worries, heck, I call em brain farts myself, they happen ;) I only worry of folks vanish for like, a week or more :P Hey, guess even vampires have to have a sensitive side :3))

"Certainly so," Celepas replied, pondering this as she gently pocketed the small swan. It would look nice on her desk at home, she decided. She knew her brother would ask if he saw it, she would need an explanation on the way home. Ah well, what else was new.

Really, tehre was a reason Celepas was quite thrilled with the paper bird. Mainly, because she could not remember the last time she was given soemthing actually made. Most people these days bought their items, or browsed a wishlist. So... there was soemthing interesting, soemthing unique at hand here. It delighted her to see something handmade actually, especially elegant as well.

She supposed she was being soft again. It was one of her secret weaknesses, one of the reasons she wondered why Calgary assigned her to this or any mission. She supposed it was because her skills in battle made up for it but still. Knowing Calgary, he had his reasons and everything else planned out. Perhaps he had even planned for this sort of thing as well. One could never tell.

"So, how do you plan to recycle the rest of it?" she asked, looking towards him again.

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 08:07 PM

((Haha brain farts! P=))

He glanced back at the pile of papers on the floor and gave a slight shrug. He was mulling over what to do with them but an overall plan was gradually building up in his mind. It needed some work still and a few kinks had to be ironed out, but it was a plan none-the-less. And he wasn't about to tell it to her.

"I'm not sure yet," he replied, making the lie as convincing as possible. He'd always been a good liar. It was a good thing to have under your belt when you were a mischievous young boy, and even better in situations such as this.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM

((Tis my fave word. Teehee, something tells me things are about to go to Hell pretty soon :3 That should be amusing to see!))

Well, it was worth asking anyways, she supposed. "Well, alright then," she replied, although there was a small part in her mind that still wondered. The larger part of her however, chose to believe him for the moment.

Besides, she really did not wish to think upon the alternatives. She always left it to Travier and Calgary to think upon the darker sides of things.

"I suppose when you do think of something, it will be interesting to see," she added. The best she had ever managed was lop-sided paper planes, and they always flew in a circle afterwards, not much to see. She thought a moment, as though pondering soemthing.

"Is there anything you do like to read, or even look through?" she asked. She had been pondering bringing something by to help lessen those dull times. Or at least to keep his mind off of the guards. She knew what they liked to do from the stories she heard in the breakroom. Stories that always sent a silver brow twitching a slight. But what could be done? The guards were... simply put, idiots. And to make it worse, bored idiots.

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 PM

((Perhaps they will! ;D I might introduce a new character or two soon. >.>))

Her question seemed to catch him off guard. Was she suggesting that she might find him some more interesting reading material? Perhaps his paper swan held more power than he first thought. He looked thoughtful for a moment, resting his hands on the glass between them. His eyes searched up as if he'd find the answer on the ceiling.

"Biographies are alright..." he decided, his eyes returning to gaze into hers. "Newspapers... Factual stuff." He wasn't one for fiction, no matter how close to the truth.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2008, 11:15 PM

((OOoooh! I love seeing new faces :3 Someday, I hope to introduce Celepas's civilian brother, Alan. :3 Though it would be kinda funny since the poor lad has no idea what his siblings do, or that vampires even exist :P And eh, sorry this one was short. Twas my turn for a brain fart :P))

"Newspapers and biographies? Alright, I'll see what I can do. I was just... thinking the other day. I figured you could use something to keep your mind off of the guards," she added. She frowned with distatse, her glance looking accusingly towards one of the culprits.

"They like to brag in the breakroom about what they do in this room," she added, shaking her head. "Even though they should know better," she added, giving a slight sigh. She couldn't understand getting ones jollies off of a prisoner, but then she didn't understand why a lot of things were done they were around this place.

Perhaps she could have her brother Alan help with picking up a few good reads? He was in town for the week after all, and she knew he wouldn't mind...

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM

((I'll try and find a good place to fit a couple of them in. ;D I like Alan already. xD))

"They are a little... lacking of social function," he said, the most polite thing he'd had to say about them so fair. "Though, if I were stuck here day in day out I suppose I'd run out of meaningful things to say after a while too." A subtle joke, the best kind in his opinion. "Thank you for the thought." He nodded respectively and gave a slight smile. At least she had shed her previously all-business motives. He was growing to enjoy her company.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 AM

((Alan's cool, I only have lineart of him though. And I dont have Celepas's human form drawn yet either, just her angel form x-x Shes been in a few rps :P))

Well THAT was putting it mildly to say the east. Lacking in social function, she supposed that was how they had ended up as guards in their lives hmmm? Of course, one could always wonder how she had ended up here as well. But that was another matter entirely.

At his joke, which she could fully comprehend of course, she laughed lightly. Always a good sound from her really. It just somehow seemed more natural to see a smile, or hear a laugh from Celepas, than anything else really. Which it was, away from here. This was the only place, the only time, she wore the business 'persona.'

She hadn't expected to be thanked however, for the thought. "Ah.. you're welcome. I have a few ideas in mind and I might have my younger brother Alan with me as well. He's pretty knowledgeable," she said, giving a slight grin. Alan... she looked up to her brother actually. Alanestral was his full name, but he always made time for her. Always. Of course... it would be interesting to see Alan and Travier interact. Those two never got along well...

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2008, 02:38 AM

((You draw? =O Can I see?))

"Alan, hmm?" he picked up, amused that his thanks might come as such a surprise to her. "Will we ever meet? Two knowledgeable gentlemen in one room. I'm sure it'll be the most baffling thing the guards have ever experienced." He gave a slight smile and rested against the glass on one shoulder. He wasn't expecting her to jump at the chance to introduce her little brother to a vampire, though. Unless he was working somewhere in the building too, like some sort of family trade.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 AM

((Of course! My gallery is at www.siriusstar13.deviantart.com but here is Celepas in her angel form: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...pasResized.jpg and Alans lineart, again angel form: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nFBLineart.jpg Though Alans shown younger than he currently is ))

She shook her head, amused. She was careful not to reply or laugh, since again she worked with the guards, but at the same time the amused smile was unmistakable.

"I am afraid you probably won't," she replied. "He knows nothing of what Travier and I do, nor of this place. He believes in the possibility of course, of supernatural beings, but he's never seen one." She sighed a slight, feeling perhaps that was for the best. "And while I am sure that you two would have gotten along well... it is probably best he never see this place or what it contains."

After all, she had seen some pretty... horrific things during her career here. Horrific being an understatement, and as those things crossed her mind for a moment her expression reflected it. Things that were enough to make her former partner here go completely insane.

Beff With An F
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2008, 04:38 PM

"Understandable, really," he agreed. He knew all too well the reaction people had when they learned of things that were not meant to exist. She had every right to protect her brother from those things. Though it must be hard to keep it a secret. He wondered how many lies she'd had to tell him to cover it up.

((Sorry for the long wait. D=))

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 06:59 PM

((No worries, things happen :3 Tis all good!))

She smiled a slight, at the agreement. And while she really did hate to hide things from her brother, she knew that the alternative was likely worse. Granted, that meant he oftentimes worried even more for her... but what could be done about it?

"I really like Alan, although I do wish at times I could be more truthful with him," she added, shaking her head. "I would just rather he did not end up like Johnathon did," she explained. "Hmmmmm... I do have a picture of Alan though if you would like to see him," she amended, opting to change subjects back rather quickly. Between the two topics, she would much rather keep things upon her brother.