bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-21-2011, 11:58 PM

Vincent's eyes widened as Keenan barked out an order. Oh no..he wouldn't. If possible he started struggling even harder. He wasn't a fan of the sunlight. true he could handle waking up and moving around during the day light hours, but he couldn't go outside. He'd burn up! He wasn't some resilient young vampire, he'd been around for years. So while in some areas he was stronger, he also had more weaknesses. Sunlight being the strongest. "Don't you dare open that door!" he snarled threateningly as he twisted around in Keenan's grasp pinning a dark deadly glare on Vaan. "I'll come back! I'm come back up from hell to haunt you! This won't be the end!" he spat angrily one long claw like arm streaking out in attempt to harm Vaan.

Keenan tightened his grip on Vincent and lunged forward forcefully pushing the enraged Vampire out the door. Smirking slightly he watched as the other vampire lunged back towards it home intent on getting inside before he became too crispy. "This is payback." he hissed darkly as he slammed a sneaker clad foot into the elderly vampires chest easily knocking him well out of the slight shade offered by his homes awning.

Vincent's eyes widened as Keenan's foot sent him flying backwards several feet causing him to land painfully on his rear end. Wincing, Vincent sat up his body language tense as he prepared to slink back into his house. Only he never made it that far as the sunlight hit his skin. His eyes widened even more his lips pulling back into a ferocious snarl. The burning process wasn't instantaneous, but it wasn't slow. It was somewhere in between the two. Once that first deadly ray of sun his skin Vincent was on fire-no literally his dead skin lit up with a soft sizzle that went unheard as Vincent screamed bloody murder as he was turned into a sooty pile of ashes.

Keenan winced in obvious pain as he hurriedly turned away from the sight of Vincent bursting into flames. "If you ever decide to kill me..do me a favor and stake me. I don't want to end up like that." he muttered with a soft shudder as he looked down at Vaan. Once it went quiet outside, Keenan's expression relaxed some as he gently tilted Vaan's head backwards checking for any signs of bite marks. The relief he felt when he didn't even see a slight scratch on Vaan's neck was tremendous. But that wasn't the most important matter. "Did he hurt you? He didn't bite you but did he try and hurt you in any other way?" he asked making Vaan turn around so Keenan could have a good look at him from all angles.

Rei Ann
Is hungry feed me with rps?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 AM

Vaan watched in what seemed to be awe, or just confused. From his reaction he new that it was very deadly taking a trip into the sunlight. Vaan jumped back when Vincent tried to reach him. He was still in shock, he hadn't expected this at all when he got up for work today. Vaan watched as Keenan gave Vincent one sharp kick before he ended up in the sun, he didn't want him burn for along. It was a horrible sight, Vaan quickly turned away from the site.

Vaan didn't say anything, but he blinked up at Keenan. He let Keenan check him over. " I'm fine, really, all he did besides toss me on the couch and try to bite me was touch my butt, besides that he just yelled at me." Vaan mumbled. Vaan looked over his shoulder at Keenan," Thank you. You saved me. I don't know why you are here, but I'm glad that you are" He said.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 AM

Keenan let out a low sigh of relief as Vaan reassured him that Vincent hadn't hurt him in anyway. "Thats good.." he murmured before hurrying to correct himself. "No! I mean, thats not good. its good that he didn't hurt you but it really sucks that he touched you like that." he babbled nervously. He really was glad that Vaan was ok..although why he felt that way he didn't know. It wasn't like he had any connection to him. Sure he'd drank from him the previous night but that was it! He hadn't done anything else to require him to feel so fiercely over protective of Vaan. Sure he could have passed it off as his nice guy personality kicking into over drive but he knew it wasn't that. It was something that ran much deeper...

Keenan blinked distractedly hearing Vaan mentioned something about his reason for being there. Oh..He swore softly under his breath casting a quick glance over his shoulder at the dark sooty pile of ashes that had minutes ago been Vincent. "He's my blood dealer, he's the person who provided me with my donors. I was coming over here to see if he could maybe hook me up with someone who wouldn't mind giving up a few liters. For some reason I'm still kind of hungry..." he admitted looking up guiltily at Vaan from under his lashes.

Whoa, wait just a dang minute. Why did he feel guilty?! It wasn't like he'd cheated on Vaan-even if that was how he felt- there was nothing between them! They weren't dating, heck they weren't even friends. They were just..acquaintances. He'd saved Vaan's life because it was the right thing to do,that was all there was to it.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 AM

Vaan watched him curiously, he seemed to be babbling. He had to admit it was kind of cute." It's alright, I had gotten use to it. " He said softly. Though now that he thought about it, he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Though it did make him jobless as well. He watched him waiting for him to say something else. He blinked at Keenan explaining why he was here. So that explained what his boss had done for a living. Though he felt very jealous that Keenan was going to get blood from someone else, it was rather odd to him. He barely knew the other.

" I'm guessing it's weird to still be hungry, after feeding so recently" He said. He mused for a few moment, well he figured he could be helpful to Keenan since it was sort of his fault that he wouldn't be able to buy some blood now. " Well I don't mind if you want some of my blood" He said tilting his head to show off his neck. He felt nervous offering, but some part of him wanted to offer to Keenan and it just wasn't because he saved him.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 AM

"No its not. Usually I can take a few pints or liters form someone and I'm good for about a month or two. Clearly that's not the case with you and I don't think that's a good thing. I'm usually not some blood thirsty fiend but this morning I couldn't shake it. Every other thought revolved around blood and it was driving me crazy..." he babbled nervously he was trying to explain to Vaan that he didn't do this all the time that he rarely did it unless he absolutely had to. But he never got that far. his head snapped up in surprise hearing Vaan's offer.

Immediately his gaze was drawn to Vaan's neck. Swallowing he took a few tentative steps forward before he forced himself to stop. "Uhh thank you but I don't think that's a good idea. I took some from you last night...err this morning? Well what ever the case I don't think now is the best time. Not after what you just went through." he mumbled clearly struggling to keep his gaze from fastening on to Vaan's neck once again.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 AM

" Hmm, well is there anyone you can talk to about that? Considering that it's not normal for you? Or do all vampires just pretty much stay by their self?" He asked. He blinked in surprised. " Are you sure about that?" He said. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. He was sure he was going to accept his offer. He figured he might be worried about taking to much blood.

" If it's about taking to much, you don't have to worry about that." He said. He figured he better explain first," Before you think it's some death wish or crazy thing, I've nearly lost all my blood before, and it had no effect on me. The Doctors at the hospital all consider be to be a medical mystery, but I've been in a fatal car crash, and nearly lost every ounce and survived, and the many tests as well." He said. " Unless I'm not tasty.." He said. He didn't know why he was pushing this, it was rather stupid. He bit at his lip," Or should I have not suggested it" He said with his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 AM

"I don't know. I guess I could find an older vampire and ask but I really don't want to do that. its embarrassing. Its like..like having your parents explain where babies come from. Its not embarrassing. Its mortifying." he explained. When you got down to it there was really no explaining just how condescending older vampires were. They were creepy like Vincent, they were just a little mean in the fact that they found other peoples problems funny. "And no vampires don't typically stay by themselves.But they don't usually surround themselves with friends either...they're like people. Depending on their personalities they can be very sociable or very non-sociable. It depends." he explained with a soft shrug of his shoulders.

Keenan blinked softly in surprise as Vaan divulged an interesting tidbit of information about himself. Wow...that was traumatic to say the least. He frowned trying to think of something to say to that, only he had nothing to say. He couldn't say sorry and he couldn't say he understood because he hadn't been through anything like that. But aside from the faint sadness he felt that Vaan had been something like that he was mildly interested in the blood thing. How could he have lost that much blood and not died? Had the doctors done a blood transfusion or something? In the back of his mind something was nagging him.A red flag had went up at the mention of Vaan not dying form a blood loss like that. It wasn't possible..then again with today's technology a lot of things were possible...He was jarred out of his thoughts by Vaan's suggestion that he wasn't tasty enough for Keenan.

Keenan blanched and shook his head vigorously. "No! That's not it all! I wouldn't have bit you if I'd thought you'd taste bad. Last night I couldn't get enough of you, I mean your blood smells wonderful, that scent was driving me crazy all night! And then the taste...look it snot that you don't taste good." he mumbled distractedly his breathing hitching slightly as he thought of Vaan's wonderful blood. Ugh..he wasn't supposed to want more blood! He'd drank more than his fill last night. But Vaan wanted to be bitten again and he wanted to..so what exactly was stopping him?! Not a dang thing, not a single dang thing..except his conscience. Vaan had just went through a very trying event, it wasn't a good idea to go and bite him after that. Keenan exhaled slowly looking up in time to see Vaan bit his lips his brow knitted softly in confusion.

Keenan groaned raking a hand through his hair. Why did he have the feeling he wasn't making any sense? "No..I'm glad you suggested it. I'm hungry..err thirsty. What ever I'm one of those two things. And as much as I'd like to bite you..it doesn't seem right to me. I mean...why do you want me to bite you in the first place? I mean Vincent was just trying to bite you. If you wanted to be bitten so badly why didn't you let him bite you?" he demanded in an attempt to change the subject. They were still talking about biting, they just weren't talking about Keenan biting Vaan.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Vaan listened to him speak, he figured the other had a point, but even still while it might be embarrassing it was clearly still an important thing to ask. " Sure it might be mortifying, but how do you expect to get the answer if you never ask? I'm sure your kind just doesn't write books about it, because those could fall into human hands." Vaan muttered. He then considered the second part, " Well I see. I wouldn't expect that of vampires, guess even my thoughts about your race is most wrong as well" He mumbled with a soft shrug.

Vaan blinked he surprised as Keenan went on about his smell, trying to convince him that he did in fact taste, well tasty. He could feel heat risking in his cheeks. " How does it not seem right? Isn't it I dunno instinct for you?" He asked. He didn't see why it was such a big deal, but now he felt really stupid for suggesting it. He wanted to be able to go back and stop his self from staying it, it just brought to much chaos, that Vaan didn't wanna deal with. Then it was Keenan's next words that made his eyes narrow. " Do you really think that I want to be bitten, I was trying to be nice, plus your hungry. I don't see what the problem is sheesh. You know what just forget it, and if you think even for one second, I'd let anyone else bite me but you, your surly mistake, if you were anyone else I wouldn't have even bothered. I don't know why I suggested it, something just told me I should, and argh...you know what forget it. Thanks for saving me and goodbye." Vaan shouted, before coming to mumbled the end.

He didn't have time for this he had to go find another job, and get away from here. He was annoyed, stressed and upset, and it didn't even make much sense to him. He was starting to wonder if maybe he was girly or just to damn emotional. He started to leave mumbling about stupid vampires, and having to find a new job, because of stupid creepy possessive dead vampires. He clearly wasn't happy.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 AM

What the heck?! How was it that even when he wasn't trying, he somehow ended up insulting Vaan? Sheesh, being bitten might not be such a big deal to him, but Keenan was the biter! He'd have to deal with effects. Honestly, he'd bitten Vaan last night and he'd ended up drunk as a skunk and his entire evening had been ruined. Even now he still didn't feel quite up to par. True, Vaan might not be drunk right now but he was a human hopped up on adrenaline. Keenan didn't want to experience that, you know the saying 'once bitten and twice shy'? Well right now Keenan was experiencing the reverse of that saying. He'd bitten Vaan and he'd had to deal with a raging headache and even more of an aversion to sunlight than he usually he had! Could you blame him for being a little nervous?

Growling in aggravation he slipped past Vaan and easily blocked the door keeping Vaan safely inside. "Ok enough with the hot and cold act! you asked me to bite you. I kindly refused. Why does that make me the bad guy? I was being a gentleman! Is that a crime in today's day and age?" he demanded hotly his frustration showing clearly on his face as he glared down at the somewhat shorter male. "And another thing, what is it with you running off before I have a chance to answer back? You don't even let me try to explain! You just burst into tears and run off! Have you even once considered what a complete and utter jerk that might make me feel like? I'm not a jerk! I'm a nice guy! You'd see that if you'd just give me a chance. I mean, JEEZ! I just kicked in a door to save you form some raging, slobbering old geezer. Does that say self centered, mean, heartless jerk to you?!" he ranted his hazel eyes flashing dangerously.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 AM

Vaan didn't understand why he was acting this way. Even for him, it wasn't normal. It was like Keenan just brought out this frustration and mix of emotions in him. So he took his favorite option, he wanted to run. Running meant he could get away from this, go somewhere else and maybe sort out his emotions. He still couldn't make heads or tails of this and as long as he was around Keenan he didn't think he'd be able to. Yet he found his only current route of escape blocked, he really hated Vampire speed.

Vaan stood there, and crossed his arms, and glared. It dawned on him that if he was a woman his hands would have been placed on his hips, which he had almost done. Really he was starting to think he was broken or something, he found he was acting so odd. " Don't tell me what to do!!" He yelled. He glared, and now he was really pissed off," Do you see tears? Do YOU? No You don't. I'm leaving because I'm so fucking annoyed and you just seemed to keep bring out all these emotions in me and turning my world upside now, so I'm trying to get the fuck away to so that I figure out what the hell is going on." He yelled. He threw his hands up in the air and made a loud annoyed noise. " This isn't normal for me, It isn't. No you just had to walk into my life, and turn things upside down and now I'm all freaking confused and my emotions are all out of wack, I don't know what to freaking to. Why don't you just tell me what will please you, since that's all you seemed to care about." He screamed once more. He wanted to punch or break something.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 AM

Ahhh!!!! He was going to strangle him, no he was going to beat the tar out of him and then strangle him. Or worse, oh he really like that or worse option. Vaan had been nothing but a jerk to him since they’d met. And while on some cases Keenan deserved that treatment now wasn’t one of those! “Me? You think I’m concerned about myself? If I was so infatuated with myself I would have left you to die, or better yet I would have killed you last night. But I didn’t, I didn’t let you die at my own hands and I didn’t let you die in that geezers grasp!” he spat hotly his eyes blazing as he angrily poked Vaan in the chest. That’s right, he poked him! That small gesture was probably done with a little more force than necessary but unlike some people he wasn’t just going to haul off and hit Vaan for no apparent reason!

Vaan wanted to moan and groan about nothing making sense, well really if it bothered him so much maybe he needed to quit whining and do something about it! Heck Keenan wasn’t thrilled with the way things were going either and yet he seemed to be handling it a good deal better than Vaan. “It doesn’t make sense? It’s so terrible for you? And you say I’m the self centered one! I don’t’ think I’ve heard you ask how I was after I got kicked around by yours boss, and while you might have offered me a chance to bite you clearly it wasn’t because you were being nice. You just felt like it was something you had to do! And personally I wouldn’t bite you if you were the last person on the planet! I lied about you tasting good!” he thundered angrily.” And no I don’t see tears yet, but I warrant they’re on their way right? Go ahead and cry you big cry baby.” He taunted immaturely.

OK now he’d crossed went and crossed a line but Vaan had started it. He hadn’t done anything wrong. He hadn’t had to do anything. He hadn’t thought about the consequences he’d have to deal with if he’d even became slightly involved with Vaan. And so far he was regretting it. For once he regretted drinking from a complete stranger. None of his other donors had given him such crap. They’d just let him do what he needed to and left. Why couldn’t it be this way with Vaan? What exactly had he done to deserve this? It didn’t seem to matter what he done he seemed to continually do something wrong in Vaan’s eyes. It was aggravating and annoying to say the least.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 03:41 AM

Vaan just stared at him he was so angry and annoyed, he just wanted to go home and sleep. He didn't understand how thoses two went hand in hand, but somehow they did. He stumbled backwards when Keenan poked him, it shouldn't have hurt so much for such a tiny thing to do. " Ow" He mumbled. Vaan had been about ready to fire back with some retort, but Keenan kept going on.

It was then Vaan just screamed, very loudly at that, no words just a scream, but not a I'm scared one, but the I want to fucking kill you scream. " You stupid ninny, that's why I was offering my blood, I was trying to make sure you were ok, sure I felt like I needed to, but I wanted to, because you protected me, and I figured with you being a vampire and all if you were hurt blood would do the trick." He screamed, his throat was starting to feel raw. " I was trying to be nice, sure I don't have the best way at doing that, but I'm not good at dealing with people whether alive or undead" He yelled.

It was Keenan's last words that really hurt, made Vaan just felt weak and small and gave him the urge to just disappear. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, moving backwards and sitting on the couch. " Whatever, I get it. I'm a tried horrible bad human, who's nothing but a baby. I'm the jerk, whatever. So just go, forget I exist, I'm sure that's how it is with every other donor. Sorry for being so much trouble." He mumbled rather weakly. All the fire, spit and urge to fight just faded away so quickly. Though the words he said, weren't sarcastic or rude, they were words coming for a man who had just basically given up at this point and decided he must be the bad one. He wasn't saying these things to make Keenan feel guilty either.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Keenan winced slightly hearing Vaan's enraged scream. Lovely, at least one of them was able to work out his frustrations with something as simple a scream. He smirked slightly as Vaan admitted to wanting to be bitten. For some reason that small admittance made him feel just a little better. "See? You said you wanted to be bitten by me but not Vincent. Which doesn't make sense considering you clearly don't like me." he pointed. He didn't know why he was hooked on this particular subject. He'd wanted avoid talking about biting Vaan but it didn't seem possible. On the bright side at least he didn't feel the underlying urge to come up with some elaborate scheme just to bite him.Although..he did want to bite Vaan, but he wasn't going to. Actually he'd pretty much ruined those chances with that last few comments..

Sighing softly, Keenan lowered himself onto the other side of the couch as far away from Vaan as possible. he felt bad for what he'd said already but Vaan's next words made him feel even worse. He hadn't said that! "I don't think you're horrible I mean sure I might think you're a little annoying but I don't have room to talk either." he mumbled. He was a jerk, no he was worse than that! "I don't think I could forget you..you're not like my other donors. You're different. And you're not trouble..you're I don't know what you are." he said with a soft shake of his head. He'd really screwed up. He shouldn't have said the things he'd said. He'd let his anger and aggravation get the best of him. "Look..I'm sorry. I spoke too harshly. I had no business saying the things I did. I'm sorry if I insulted you by refusing to bite you, that wasn't my intention at all. Like you I'm more than a little confused by the events that are happening and instead of trying to handle them the proper way i lashed out at you. I'm very sorry..is there some way I can make it up to?

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM

Vaan just listened to him take, and didn't even bother to toss out a retort. He just let his head fall back. He just really wanted this fight to be over. He turned his head slightly when felt someone elses weight on the couch. He saw Keenan at the end of it. " I think we are both being annoying." He said with a slight shrug. He sighed once more," Look it's not that you offend me by refusing too. I'm not even sure why it struck a nerve with me to be honest." He said with a slight shrug.

" Look just like you I'm confused and lashing out. I'm sorry as well." He said. He mused for a few moments," If you want to make it up to me, even though you don't have to, you could help me find a new job. My old boss is kinda crispy." He said.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM

This fight, this disagreement was already in over Keenan's eyes. he wasn't up for firing back retorts and sure heck wasn't comfortable with the idea of possible upsetting Vaan even more. He'd went from making the other male insanely mad to make him him something else all together in a matter of moments. Ever since he'd met Vaan he'd done nothing but come across as a grade A jerk. He wasn't a jerk, really he would have known if he was a jerk or not after spending 500 or so years in this world! He needed to show Vaan that. Although why he felt this driving need to show Vaan that he wasn't some cold heartless vampire he didn't know why. He honestly had no clue why he wanted to impress him so much.

At the mention of making it up to Vaan and how he could do that Keenan brightened considerably. "A job...uh..ok. I can try. So what exactly did you do for Vincent?" he asked with a curious tilt of his head.

Rei Ann

Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Vaan waited for him to speak, " Well basically, I was a maid. It's was one of the few jobs were hiring. So Mostly cleaning things" He said. He waited for him to say something. He then figured he should tell him about other jobs he could work. " Though cleaning not the only thing I can do, before I worked here I was a cashier at some chain store" He said. He mused for a few more moments," Well besides that I really haven't done anything else before" He said. He was rather glad that they had stopped fighting. It was rather nice when they two of them weren't screaming at each out. It was much more peaceful, and gave him a little hope that they might be able to be at least friends. Though he wouldn't admit it, but he wouldn't mind having at least one date with the other, though he was sure that ship had already sailed. Then something occurred to him. " Shouldn't we leave here? Consider, we kind of killed the owner, well you did it." He mumbled softly.

Last edited by Rei Ann; 06-23-2011 at 03:10 AM..

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Keenan blinked in silent bewilderment as Vaan explained what he'd done for Vincent work wise. "Maid? Isn't that term a little insulting to you? I mean why not just call yourself a butler? Well not a butler exactly considering your job related to cleaning..So why not call yourself a cleaning man instead?" he asked curiously. He stayed quiet for the rest of Vaan's job history. Ok..he didn't know of any open cashier jobs and he certainly didn't know of anyone to ask for a few personal favors in that area. So that only left one option. "Well..you could work for me. As a maid-I mean butler? Err..cleaning person. Yea we'll go with that. Cleaning person fits your job better." he muttered softly.

At the mention of leaving Keenan nodded softly in agreement before he stopped balking slightly. "Uh..that sounds like a plan. How did you get over here there? I took a cab. I asked the cabby to wait when I got here but I think he probably hauled tail when he saw Vincent burst into flames...and I don't have the money to pay for another cab far. I live on the opposite side of town." he admitted with a sheepish smile. Was it possible for him to feel any worse?! Sheesh now he was asking Vaan to pay his cab fare. After he'd been a complete jerk!

Rei Ann

Old 06-23-2011, 03:48 AM

" Well I didn't want to be called a maid, but he insisted on it. I'm just lucky I was able to get him to rethink the outfit that he wanted me to wear when I first started. That would have been insulting to me" He said with a shrug. Vaan waited hoping he might have something he though Vaan would be able to do. " I might be able too, it depends on your terms and conditions. I'd need to know how big the house was, how often it needs to be clean and off course payment as well." He said.

" Oh how did I get here? Well I have this old bicycle that I used to get here. I'm just lucky that it hasn't been stolen yet." He said. He frowned slightly, he would have offered to help pay for a cab, even if that would have set him back a bit. " Sorry I don't have any cash, or card. I don't care that stuff because where I live, it's a very high chance that a person will get mugged, and I don't want to risk having what little money I have taken away." He said. He felt bad too," I'm sorry, I could give you a lift on the bike, but it would take a while and I'm worried about the effect the sun would have on you." He said.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 PM

Keenan’s lip curled back in a soft snarl as Vaan explained yet another thing Vincent had forced the other male to do. “Yet you still took the job?” he asked before looking up with obvious curiosity. “Wait…what kind outfit did he have in mind for you?” Wait why was he asking that?! From what he’d heard about Vincent this guy was obviously a little on the pervy side! It wasn’t too hard to imagine what kind of outfit Vincent had tried to force Vaan to wear while working. And yet…he still wanted to know. Because he was curious, not because he wanted imagine Vaan dressed up in some embarrassing outfit. Keenan was drawn out of his musings by Vaan’s questions about the terms and conditions of the job.” Well I can promise you I won’t follow the same terms and conditions that Vincent enforced. I’ve got a small apartment complex. It doesn’t need to be cleaned more than once maybe twice a week. And last but not least payment. What did Vincent pay you?” he asked taking on a business like appearance as he discussed Vaan’s next job.

Right now he really just wanted to go home, he’d felt fine when he’d been kicking down doors and kicking Vincent’s butt. As of now though, he felt exhausted and he just wanted to go home and crawl back into his bed and not move for a while. Not that that particular task seemed possible at this point and time. Vaan didn’t have a car, and he didn’t have a lot of cash. The only mode of transportation they seemed to have was an old rickety bicycle. This would have been fine with Keenan if it hadn’t been so darn sunny outside, call him crazy but going out and getting a really nasty sun burn did not appeal him now. Especially after he’d just watched a fellow vampire burn to a nasty crisp.” You’re not the only one worried about the sun. Alright so you can go home to your dangerous neighborhood-which you should have told me about the other night before I left you! You could have been mugged or killed or had something really bad done to you! I could have taken you home, even if I was drunk off my butt I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have minded knocking a few heads together!” he ranted pinning Vaan with a hard stare to get his point across before he continued. “Next time I ask you a question, answer me honestly. That’s the only thing I ask. I don’t want to know you’re personal business or intrude but if you’re doing something put your life on the line let me know. I wouldn’t providing some muscle or helping in some way. Ok?” he asked softening his tone some as he looked down at Vaan to make sure he’d made his point.

Rei Ann

Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 AM

" I needed a job, it was the only way I could afford to have a place to live." He said. Sure the place really sucked, but it was a home that wasn't on the streets and that's all that mattered. Vaan blushed slightly," Um, have you ever seen one of those slutty maid costumes they make for girls for Halloween?" He mumbled. He waited for a few moments, before speaking once more. " Yeah if you know what that looks like, it's was one of those." He said with a slight shudder at the memory.

" Well that's good. I'm not working for another guy who a complete pervert." He said. " Well that doesn't sound to bad then, he had me clean the house every day. " Vaan said. He then mused," Not much, and he liked to make it vary someday, though lately it's been 120 dollars a week" Vaan said. He was hoping he might get paid a little more than basically 17 dollars a day.

" Well I did lie per say, you asked if I would be alright getting home, and I was. I've done it before, I can't change how the people act where I live, and I can't change where I live until, I can afford it. Though I'm sorry for misrepresenting the case to you" He said.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 AM

Keenan listened to Vaan explaining just what kind of costume Vincent had wanted him to wear. His eyes widened a choked bark of laughter escaping before he quickly smothered it offering Vaan an apologetic grin.”Yea I know the one you mean only most girls can’t pull that look off. It wouldn’t look sexy on you..” he murmured softly before realizing how insulting that sounded. Blushing he hurried to make what he’d said sound less insulting. “You’re too cute to be sexy I think you’d look adorable. Maybe I should have you were an outfit like that.” he mused with a soft grin to try and soften his earlier words a bit more.

“Excuse me? I’m not a pervert! I’m a guy, I have guy urges. Are you going to sit there and tell me that you don’t have the same urges?” Keenan demanded with mild annoyance. Gosh he’d been kidding about the maid outfit. He’d been giving Vaan a compliment. Maybe he hadn’t been clear enough? He sputtered at the mention of how much Vaan made a week. “Are you kidding me?! All that crap he put you through and he couldn’t at least find the decency to give a decent pay? How much does your place cost?” he demanded. So far everything he’d heard about Vaan’s home was appalling. How could Vaan have worked for a jerk like Vincent let alone live in a place that was clearly so threatening?

Hearing Vaan’s apology he let out a soft growl. “You should be! What if you’d been hurt? I’d have heard about it on the news and then I’d feel like crap because I didn’t escort you home! From now on I’m taking you home. As your boss it’s my responsibility to make sure you don’t get hurt.” Ok maybe that was crossing the boss/employee line but he didn’t care. He didn’t want to even consider the possibility of Vaan getting hurt. Actually..he had an idea of how to keep that from happening. It was a crazy and bold move but he didn’t really care. If meant keeping human creeps with a personality like Vincent’s from getting their sleazy grasp on Vaan then fine. He could deal with being the weird overly busy boss. “Remember how I said I didn’t want to know your personal business? I lied because this next thing might be crossing that border. I want to see where you live, your neighborhood, and your home-if you don’t mind that is. I’m not trying to intrude. I’m just trying to keep you safe.” He explained.

Rei Ann

Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM

Vaan watched Keenan with an eyebrow raised as he started laughing about the costume. He watched him babble, it was kind of sexy when he did it. It seemed like Keenan was really trying to avoid upsetting him. He even found his self blushing a little at the cute comment, and part of him wouldn't mind wearing some sexy outfit for Keenan. He blinked trying to shake off those thoughts. Though he felt he would have to get Keenan to realize he was more than just cute.

He blinked, when he heard Keenan demanding something," Huh? Whoa, I didn't mean that you were a pervert, or saying that I thought you were. I was just saying that I wouldn't work for another one. All guys have urges, I wasn't saying that." He said. He didn't really want to have yet another argument with Keenan. He looked started when Keenan seemed upset again," No I'm not kidding you. I think he figured I wouldn't even come to him or something looking for me, and then he plan to ensnare me with that. About 400 a month" Vaan mumbled. Though it was the cheapest place he could find, and sure that only left him 80 dollars to feed his self, but he had been doing perfectly fine.

Vaan wanted to protest, he wasn't some girl who need an escort home. Plus, he wasn't sure he wanted Keenan that close to the personal things. He wasn't ready for something like that. There was a reason Vaan acted the way he did, it kept people away, and Vaan didn't have to run the risk of being hurt when it all fell apart, when he expected to happen all the time. " I don't know, why are you focus some much on keeping me safe? Why me? I haven't treated you all that well, I've been a right out ass, and you still want to make sure I'm safe. What makes me so special?" Vaan asked. In all honesty, this was a little scary. Then again, he really should be more scared of where he lived, and not someone wanting to protect him, but he blamed dear old dad for that.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Keenan wasn’t trying to start another argument. He just wanted to know what exactly made Vaan think he was a pervert? He didn’t look like one and while he’d admit that he would like to see Vaan in a maid outfit (for cute purposes only!) it wasn’t like he’d do anything as rude as touch him or grab him in an unnecessary fashion. Heck if he was going to do anything of that fashion, he at least wanted Vaan to return his feelings! Not that he’d ever do anything; his earlier words had definitely ruined his chances of there being anything but a business relationship between them. When he heard the other one explaining how much his home cost Keenan shook his head in silent disagreement. “After you paid the rent how much did you have left?” he asked softly. Ok he’d explicitly told Vaan he didn’t want to know all of his personal business and yet that’s just what he was doing; he was asking questions no other possible boss would ask. No boss Keenan had ever had would take such an interest in his home or her where about so why was he doing this to Vaan?

When he heard Vaan ask the same question he shrugged a soft chuckle escaping. “Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that I was a complete jerk to you. Or maybes it the fact that I bit you and I feel like I somehow owe you for it?” he asked with a soft shrug. “All I know is I want you to be safe. It’s not a bad thing. You’re getting a free body guard after all.” he mused with a soft grin before turning serious. “I’m sorry I can’t give you a better answer than ‘I don’t know’, then again, I’m pretty sure that’s the only answer we’re both going to be able to give for a while. You’re not like most humans that much is obvious but why you’re so different I honestly have no clue.” He admitted with a soft sigh. “So will you show me? Or am I going to have to play blood hound and follow your scent tonight just so I can get a good look?” he asked with a soft lilt of his head.

Rei Ann

Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 PM

" Well afterwards, about 80 dollars" Vaan mumbled. He didn't know why but each time he told Keenan these things, he felt like a kid in trouble. This was getting different though, he figured that this working relationship with Keenan, was going to be vastly different from any normal one. Though he didn't mind so much, as long as it wasn't Vincent creepy.

He shifted waiting for Keenan to answer his other question. " I guess, though I thought normally with people you bite, you go your separate way, and don't have to deal with them" Vaan said with a shrug. " Well I guess if that's the only answer you have it'll have to work for now." He mumbled. He sighed," I'll show you, but be warned, I don't do well with letting people in my private life, I try to keep others out, so I maybe get a bit bitchy, I'll try not to, but fair warning and all" He mumbled. He wasn't gonna try, but he did have a habit of pushing others away even when he didn't want to. " Though it's still sunny out, and we have no car, how are you gonna be ok to make it there?" Vaan asked.

bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 PM

Keenan nodded softly hearing Vaan thoughts on how it usually went with people he’d bitten. “You’re right. That’s usually how it goes. I put them to sleep-which I forgot to do with you-, bite em, get what I need and then I move on. They go along thinking they had the weirdest dream of someone biting them and me, I get to be rid of this annoying hunger for a little while.” he explained patiently. He chuckled softly hearing Vaan’s warning and nodded. “No offense but I’ve already seen you act like that, I think I’m prepared for it to happen again. Besides it’s not like you’re unjustified. I’m not exactly minding my own business.”

At the mention of how they were going to get to their next destination Keenan swallowed nervously. He had an idea but it involved him biting Vaan. Which he’d adamantly refused earlier but now..well now the circumstances were a bit different weren’t they? “Umm…I could cover myself in sunscreen..and maybe bite you?” he asked flushing softly in embarrassment as he looked at Vaan an apologetic smile gracing his features.