Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 03-31-2008, 04:34 AM

DelilahHeart & xxRainbows.
OUT of TiME
--> HORROR!!

----> Plotline
Eve and Alison both know that their parents work for a highly secretive lab. They've never been allowed there, and they've never even heard the name of the lab mentioned. They just know something strange is happening there... And that both of their parents are gone. At the same time.
Where did they go...?
They have to find out.
But their curiosity tells them what's happening.. Something more horrible than war. Something grotesque.
Genetic mutation.

----> Where are we now?
Wait.. Where the hell are we? In Eve's living room eating cake? Well, that sounds about right. Don't get any frosting on the stereo remote this time, please.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart

Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 AM

If fall was not Alison's favourite season, she could not tell what it was. School was being let out and she'd agreed to meet Allison at the front entrance to make it easier to find each other. There had been some complications in the lab from how much her mother had been gone recently and she wanted to ask Eve if that was the same issue.

As she stepped outside she felt the familiar cool breeze brush against her face and she smiled as she inhaled the sweet scent of fall. She sighed slightly before taking a seat at a bench that was near the entrance to the school building and began to observe the people walking by.

Her short brown hair matched for her slightly eccentric and curious personality. She was wearing genes at the present moment with a pair of brown converse all stars and a long sleeve shirt to avoid getting too cold when outside.

Her fairly deflated bag was beside her, holding only a few things that she needed to take home since she frequently did not have a ton of homework on her hands.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 03-31-2008, 04:57 AM

Eve yawned as she slunk away from her locker, tired from staying up all of the last night, trying to delve through the heavily passworded files of her father's computer. She'd noticed him being a bit more paranoid than usual... It was making her nervous.

Knowing that Alison's mother worked for the same lab as her father, she'd agreed to a meeting after class was dismissed.

Throwing her bleached hair over her shoulder (it was a blonde-orange, to her distaste. Her hair was naturally a dirty black), she groaned as she heaved her heavy bag over her shoulder. 'I'm too short for something this heavy!' She thought, smiling to herself as she stepped out into the cool autumn air.

The breeze ran through her light grey hoodie, over her flared blue jeans, and right down to her black-and-white 'skate' shoes. She walked lazily to Alison, who she'd spotted, humming a jumpy tune from her current favorite band- Antsy Pants.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-31-2008, 05:01 AM

"Oh hello Eve," Alison said when she spotted her.

Her friend was shorter than she was, but then again she was a bit tall in a sense. She hated being tall though since it usually gave her the disadvantage in certain circumstances.

She was starting to get antsy as she sat there, energy being pent up way too much for her usual habit of always moving about. Finally she just let her fingers drum against the edge of the bench with the rhythm of a drum beat she'd learned off of one of her favorite songs. Now for the admittance of something she wouldn't admit to anyone but her best friend.

"So any news since last night?" she asked. "My mom still worked a bit late and left early... I think. I'm scared."

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 03-31-2008, 05:12 AM

"Hmm.. No. Not a single bit of news. But my dad's jumping when I ask him what's for dinner, if that's news. He's starting to freak me out, Ali.. I mean, he's super paranoid, now," she said, settling down on the bench beside Alison. "Well.. I don't pay much attention anymore, but, he seems to be out later and more often. I stopped paying attention when he told me I was being annoying- asking him when he'd be back the next day all the time! Hah!" She shook her head, obviously annoyed.

Eve ran her slender fingers through her hair slowly, yawning involuntarily again. "I suppose..," she shook her head, making her hair fan out around her and shaking some tiredness away, "we should investigate." She smiled mischievously, her eyes squinting and the corners of her lips turning up in a very Eve-like way.

She jumped up suddenly, clasping her hands together. "Yeah! Come on, let's do it! I'm wonderful, aren't I?" she exclaimed, grinning widely and explaining her plan, "We'll follow my dad, or your mom, to their lab! How you ask? We'll run! ... Wait. No. Let's not. How about on bike..? Bus? Anything?" She groaned in exasperation, "Well, it's a good idead..." she sat again, thinking through her erratic thoughts and plans.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM

Alison seemed to jump up with excitment almost as soon as she had. Her eyes were bright with enthusiasm as she listened to the plan with patience. "We should bike or take the bus because I know that running wouldn't work," she admitted. "My mother drives waay too fast for us to keep up on our feet."

She had recalled at that point a time when her mother wasn't so absorbed with the lab work and had actually time aside to take care of her. She wondered now what had changed her and what would make it possible to get the old mother back.

"I think that so called lab should be an interesting place," she said with a slight grin. Her teeth shown as they usually did when she seemed to be plotting something a let a smile lose. Her eyes had a slightly malicious gleam to them as if she were hungering for adventure and excitement.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM

Eve bit down on her lip as Alison spoke, nodding her head slowly and still smiling. "I think we should bike," she stood up again, heaving her bag over her shoulder and ignoring the strange looks they were getting from their peers. "the bus route most likely won't pass this lab."

"I think that if we let our parents know that we're.. Well, that we're kind of missing the old them, they'll open their eyes..." she nodded softly, biting the inside of her cheek and avoiding Alison's gaze subtly.
'I hope...' the thought made her sigh as she looked back to Alison and shrugged.

Eve smiled weakly, thinking of the adventure they might find ahead of them, at their parent's lab. "Well, I hope it'll be as fun as I imagine." she sighed again, her thoughts of adventure making her smile true and adventurous again.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 AM

Alison merely nodded through this whole thing she normally called a speech. She usually called it a speech if it last more than ten seconds and, or repeated itself more than once. She nodded again, not even noticing the strange looks since she was quite used to getting strange looks.

"I am missing my mom a bit," she admitted blatantly. "Good home cooked meals, hot chocolate on the cold days when I come home from school shivering..." She seemed almost lost in the dream for a moment as she looked starry eyed up int o space.

She snapped out of it though a moment later and seemed to have that gleam of interest back in her. She was ready to try to discover that hidden secret that was being harbored in the laboratory. "Let's go!" she said with a bit too much enthusiasm as she jumped off her seat.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 PM

"Sounds like a plan~" Eve grinned, wondering what it felt like to have a mom. Her mom had died in childbirth.
"So, who are we going to follow, and when?" She asked, looking hopefully at Alison and biting her lip softly.

"When does your mom leave, or, when does she get back? Maybe we'll need to stay over at your house, or my house, to be able to follow one of them at all.." She said, picking at her fingernails and speaking quickly, her nerves finally catching the excitement and fear she was feeling.

She started to walk in the direction of her own house before Alison could answer, "Let's see if my dad's home, first. Anyways, my house is really close to school."

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 AM

Alison half-ran to catch up and when she'd caught up she was silent for the most part. Her mom was almost never home now and she didn't want to admit she was scared. She observed the other kids walking towards their places with slight jealousy, they all had highly devoted parents cooking their meals at home.

She had swung her bag over her shoulder a few moments after she'd caught up and seemed to be playing with the straps a bit as she tried to figure out how to say exactly what she meant without saying exactly what she thought. "I doubt my mom will be home tonight," she admitted nonchalantly.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 AM

Eve sighed, hoping that her dad would be home tonight. She didn't know how else they'd ever find the lab. She also hoped, with most of her heart, that her dad's old, forlorn bike was still sitting (gathering dust, cobwebs, and various small mammals) in their untended-to garage. She could ride her only semi-forgotten bike, and after some thorough cleaning, Alison could ride her dad's.

"When we get there, do you want something to munch while we wait for me we wait for my dad?" Eve asked, smiling back at her half-running friend, almost to her house now.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-03-2008, 02:50 AM

Alison seemed to be snapped out of what she had been thinking about and blinked slightly. She smiled though and seemed to be more upbeat at the mention of food.

"That sounds suuuperbulous!" she said with excitement. "Do you have any good food? I want good food... bad food is icky!" She stuck her tongue out slightly after she said it while making a peculiar expression the emphasize her disaste of 'bad food.'

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 AM

Eve tilted her head, cocking an eyebrow at her friend. Frankly, she just wanted to say 'What the hell...?' to her and continue walking, but, she couldn't do that. Too bad.
"Er... Alison. ...The hell? Bad food is bad, yes..." She said, looking over at her shoulder in amazement. "And, I could make something for you.. Or, I think I still have some cookies stashed. Somewhere." Eve said slowly, trying to find something far more potent to express how 'Wtf??' that made her feel. She turned around, raising her other eyebrow as she stopped. "Hm." She mumbled, poking Alison's nose and twirling around to walk up to her door, twisting the key in the lock and letting herself in; waiting for her friend to catch up.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-04-2008, 03:16 AM

Alison looked a bit overwhelmed by the comment since she frequently made 'captain obvious' comments without realizing it. Her whimsical nature allowed this and when she was poked on the nose she stopped in her tracks trying to figure out why she'd been poked.

When she refocused she discovered that her friend was no longer in front of her and ran to catch up. As she entered the house she looked around to see if anything had changed.

"Did you get a lot of homework?" she asked with a bit too much enthusiasm as usual.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 AM

Eve snickered triumphantly, glad that she'd finally confused her otherwise oblivious friend. She smiled and held the door open for Alison, still paused halfway up the walk.

"Coming?" she asked, giggling and grinning at Alison's befuddles expression. Watching her run up the walk, she smiled and bowed like an obedient butler; her expression turning somber.

"Of course I didn't recieve large amounts of 'Home Work'. I attend to my assignments where they are given; I finish them at school!" She said, staring down her nose at her buddy. "Actually, I just have that little tiny thing from Civics. I finished on Wednesday, though..." she said, smiling crookedly and taking off her shoes; adding to the clutter of her small-ish house.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:31 AM

After she heard what state the girl's homework was in she gave a sly smile. She hadn't exactly finished it and knowing someone had gave her the upper hand, at least for a moment.

"Awww.. well miss show off," she teased slightly. "If you don't have much homework than why does your back pack look so heavy?"

Ali gave a triuphent grin after that before walking forward, intending to go towards the kitchen. She'd forgotten to actually take off her shoes and ended up falling flat on her face. When she got up though she was laughing.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 PM

( Ooc- Omigawd, I'm sorry! I didn't notice there was a page two!! D: )

"Er... Uhmn..." Eve blinking, biting her lip and shrugging, looking up at Alison from her 'charming' shrug. "Teehee?" she laughed, taking off her bag and setting it on the couch.

"It's heavy because of that Lit assignment.. I guess it's not finished yet, but we did just get it assigned a couple days ago, didn't we?" As she said that, she saw Alison go down, as if in slow motion. She burst out laughing at the expression on her friend's face, and she flopped down on the couch, giggling and not jumping to help her up, like a normal person would. She was already halfway off the floor, anyways.
"Ni-i-ice, Aliii~" Eve chided, giggling. "There's some cake in the 'fridge, if you were going to look for a snack."

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 AM

(lol I do that all the time)

Ali looked confused when her friend mentioned a recent lit assignment. She seemed to be trying to remember what exactly the assignment was. When she couldn't remember it she crossed her arms defiantly and stuck out her lower lip slightly.

Upon hearing the word cake she brightened up and went straight to the fridge. When she got there she opened it quickly, almost too quickly since the door almost hit her in the face, and started scavenging for cake.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-19-2008, 05:05 AM

"Oh, yeah.. we have different teachers still, don't we? I hate that. Miz Stahling," she giggled at her impression of the eccentric teacher, "has given us an assignment on personal narrative, dahling."

Eve giggled again, smiling and pressing a button subtly on the stereo remote sitting on the arm of the couch she was sitting on. Her favorite radio station was playing one of her favorite songs by the Offspring, 'The Kids Aren't Okay", and she turned the volume up, smiling and wiggling in her seat to the beat.

"Hnn.. Aliiiii, could you get me a piece of cake, too?" she asked, her voice dripping with play-sweetness (that just so happened to be [just a bit] creepy) as she smiled into the kitchen.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 AM

((I LOVE personal narratives... they're so much easier to write!))

Ali had predicted that Eve would eventually want cake and had grabbed two plates and plopped two large pieces on them. She came out with the and the forks balancing next to the slices.

"Well Miz. Stahling I suggest you get a wrrriting on that papier of yours before it's too late," she said in a mock nerdy voice that she always did when the subject of homework came up.

She glanced at the stereo as she listened to the song. It was a bit too loud in her opinion, but then again she wasn't a huge fan of this band. They were all right, but not an everyday band.

"I knew you'd ask for cake," she said shoving one piece towards Eve. "You always do."

[[I love the Offspring too]]

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-19-2008, 05:31 AM

[ XD My English (by english I mean from the UK) teacher
has us doing personal narratives.. It's hard, because she's grading on depth- I can't go too deep into my experience because everything's inappropriate XD 25 stories by monday 0: ]

Eve giggled madly at her friend's nerd-voice, as she always did. "That's still so funny!" she giggled again, gladly accepting her plate of cake and a fork.

She scooted over a bit on the couch, making room for Ali on the couch. She smiled and forked a little piece of cake into her mouth, chewing and savoring for a little while. "...Hey, you know what would be funny? Ms. Starling in a cow suit doing the robot." Eve said, after swallowing her cake and looking at the far wall for a second.

"Oh, hey! What time is it?" She asked, snapping back into reality (and away from a total randomness moment). "I think my dad might be home soon. No clue for sure, though.."

[ Omg, liek we has so muchz in commen whut's ur zodiac sign lol??? ]

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Ali sat down in the spot that became available as Eve slid over. She was grinning slightly as she stabbed the cake with the fork, making a slight clinking noise as she did.

"It's probably about four, I'm not sure my watch is always set wrong because it gets bumped all the time and changes it," Ali said. She took a bite of the cake and chewed slowly and becoming a bit more aware of herself after she mentioned her dad might be home soon.

She shifted again so that she was reclined on the couch and slouched slightly with the plate resting on her lower abdomen.