Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 02-11-2023, 08:45 PM

Banner Art by ghostPastry

Last edited by Li Mei; 02-11-2023 at 09:54 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 02-11-2023, 08:56 PM

Like, Thanks for being awesome and taking a look at our Contest! We totally modeled this thread off the old 2016 Valentine's Day Avatar Contest! And, omigawsh do we have some totally cool categories for you! This contest is all about checking out cool styles from the past and putting a rad twist on them! We have three categories for you, each requiring different levels of consideration/patience/time.. Soooo, totally go check out the next few posts for more deets!

And like, I'll get the "rules" out of the way first:
  • Please follow Mene's ToS & Rules
  • Please save and host your entries using a reliable image host such as IMGUR.
  • You can totally use the Dream Avatar Creator (DAC) for your entries, but like don't edit your image file. If it ain't a Mene inventory item it totally doesn't count! (Like, that ugly gray-bar will be there if you use the DAC, but I can still totally see how rad your fashion is through it!)

Prizes:
1st place in any category: 5000gold
2nd place in any category: 2500 gold
3rd place in any category: 1000 gold

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 02-11-2023 at 10:47 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 02-11-2023, 09:10 PM

Category 1: Valentine Colors

Make me an avatar using Purple, a shade of Red, and a totally rad accent color of your choice. Like, a color that totally shouldn't work but totally does!

Notes:
  • Colors of equipped hair, skin, eyes, and other custom facial features/makeup will count against this limit, but natural colors (e.g. what you can do in the Avatar panel) won't.
  • Choose a shade of Red and stick with it. Minor variations will probably pass, but if you give me an avatar with two very different Reds (Like Cardinal and Strawberry), one of those will have to count as your accent color. Soooo make good choices!
  • You can totally submit two color entries per person.

Hint: Like, white totally works as an accent color. Totally obvs choice! It won't be rejected, but rad alternatives are SOOOO much more exciting!

Like totally use this form in the thread to enter!

HTML Code:
[COLOR="Pink"][B][SIZE="5"]My Valentine Colors Entry:[/SIZE][/B]
[paste or link img here]
My accent color is [color].
[/COLOR]

EntriesX

ghostpastry and

R a n d e h and

Woodlandnymph

Cora:
and

Linnea: and

Nephila: and

Salvete: and

Antagonist:

Kent:

Suona: and

Ruby: and

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 02-19-2023 at 04:29 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 02-11-2023, 09:27 PM

Category 2: Past VS. Present

This one'll be a totally rad challenge! -- Like, you'll need a ton of imagination! Here are the deets:

Tonight's like, the big reveal of the Time Capsule! We're totally asking people to come up and showcase traditional outfits from their culture or even like, just something you see as traditional for you. Here is where things get sooooo tricky! There aren't any changing rooms at the community center! Soooo... You have to totally head to the Valentine's Day dance right afterwards. That means that the only outfit changes you can make are like the three items you were able to stuff into your backpack!

To show this transformation, you'll need to submit:
  1. Your Traditional Outfit. (The showcase of your culture or family traditions, real or not)
  2. Your altered "Dance Party" avatar. This will be your traditional avatar plus and minus three equips. (This means you must remove three equips, and then add three different equips to achieve your new look.)

Notes:
  • You can totally change your hairstyle! (but like, the color has to stay the same - no time for a dye job!) Alsoooo, facial expression between entries can only be changed using the Avatar Panel; any equippables will totally count against your three item limit. (Ex: if you have custom work eyes and remove them, it counts as a removed item.)
  • Only one entry per person for this category.

Example:
Quote:
to

Good luck!

HTML Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="5"]Past VS. Present![/SIZE][/B]
My Culture/Tradition is [description here].
My Traditional Uniform: [paste or link img here]

But I can still show you how I party!

My V-Day Dance Party outfit: [paste or link img here]

How I did it:
[/COLOR]

EntriesX

ghostPastry: and

antagonist:

Cora: and

Nephila: and

Suona:

Salvete: My Traditional Uniform:

Ruby:

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 02-19-2023 at 07:12 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 02-11-2023, 09:43 PM

Category 3: Sharing a Memory - Group Cosplay

Like, we've all been together on Menewsha for a long time! I'm so happy to call many of you friends and like, you are such nice peeps! I soooo have a ton of totaly rad memories with all of you!

For this category, I totally want you and a partner(s)to cosplay a memory of the past here on Menewsha! It is totally up to you what memory or moment! Like, it could even be a recreation of an old group entry from past contests! Whatever it is, just make sure it's totally awesome!

Notes:
  • This is a cosplay category - you can totally dress up as Menewsha NPCs and recreate a moment from the past. Or like dress up as yourselves or other users! I expect there to be some creative license but like, try to keep the group true to the moment ya know?
  • This is a totally a group category - soooo if you don't have a partner(s) then users need not apply! That also means like, no poses of you with your mule. Totally post in here if you're looking for groupmates to do a rad group submission though!
  • You may participate in two group entries per person. (Like, a person can join and be part of two different group entries. Only one person in the group needs to actually submit the entry - all usernames will be included in the entry form.)
  • If you recreate a past group entry, at least 70% of the new entry needs to be different than the past entry. Group recreations won't go over well if they look too much like what they are trying to imitate.
  • If you recreate a memory in Mene history based on NPCs or Users, please be sure to add in what the memory is and explain how you have chosen to represent the moment with your avatars.

HTML Code:
[COLOR="Purple"][B][SIZE="5"]Sharing a Memory:[/SIZE][/B]
[paste or link images here]
Our story: [briefly state What NPCs/Users you are cosplaying or what old group entry you are recreating. Explain the memory you are recreating or how you've updated the group entry]
Users in group:[list usernames of all group members here]
[/COLOR]

Group EntriesX

Our story: Undies are the bread and butter of Mene, so what better way to celebrate a Menewsha-exclusive event than in our undies? Join us for the Celes Paradi Panties Parade, presented by Vicktoria’s Secret and The Mayor, who we also convinced to attend in his undies. We have two of the three goddesses of Menewsha in attendance: Song beautifully serenading us all as we celebrate, and Feast cavorting around the dining tent, making sure everyone’s well-fed. Dance was going to be in attendance, but she twisted her ankle and didn't make it in time for the pictures. However, this event isn’t without its share of monstrous apparitions… you’ll find the Star Eater munching on some stars and forbidden treats in the back of the dining tent, and Abraxas plotting to crash the party from deep in the caverns beneath the island of Menewsha.

Users in group: Nephila as the Mayor, R u b y as Song, Kent as Feast, ghostPastry as Star Eater, Cora as Abraxas and sunoa as the dancer

users: Ruby, Antagonist and Salvete

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 02-18-2023 at 08:14 PM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-11-2023, 10:45 PM

Category 4: challenge yourself! - no multi equip

I wanted to challenge you out there who are avatar making geniuses. think you are good at making avatars? try to do it without multi equip items. I will be checking and looking closely, but please list your items used as part of your entry

Use this form in the thread to enter!

HTML Code:
[COLOR="Purple"][B][SIZE="5"]CHALLENGE ACCEPTED![/SIZE][/B]
[paste or link images here]
items used:[list all items used in your avatar here]
[/COLOR]

EntriesX

Nephila:
Cora:
Antagonist:
GhostPastry:
salvete:
Ruby:
Suona:
Randeh:

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 02-18-2023 at 08:14 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 01:03 AM

i have been WAITING for this prompt!!! literally made for me, i love purple and red together. Plum is my favorite color palette on this website.

My Valentine Colors Entry:

My accent color is Gold.

i'll be submitting my second one soon

---------- Post added 02-11-2023 at 08:23 PM ----------

soon is now!! UNLEASH THE KRAKEN

My accent color is sickly green.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2023, 01:27 AM

omg that kraken entry is amazing

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 01:35 AM

thank you

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2023, 01:39 AM

of course!

it's also neat there is so many different avatar contests for this event

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 02:02 AM

definitely, all the contests and games this time around are really engaging and different it's so cool to see some old thread ideas resurrected too.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2023, 02:10 AM

yes! there is a nice selection fo sho

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-12-2023, 02:56 AM

[color=#FF69B4]This was actually a lot harder than I thought...all my favourite items have little bits of gold in it along with the other colour so that would be two accent colours my gosh! Or like I wanted to do yellow and use the bumblebee slippers but that has black in it too and I was worried that was two colours?!

I'm going to do two entries but my brain hurts after doing this one LOL

My accent color is blue.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 02:58 AM

ooo it came out so good though!! i love the layering of the transparent and ombre items, it looks so ethereal

this one was a good challenge for me too, the siren's call of items with little black accents was almost too much for me to handle

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-12-2023, 03:25 AM

HAha! Thank you! It's very outside of my comfort zone having to worry about little spots of black or white that aren't my accents Clearly Li Mei knew what she was doing LOL!

Yours are fantastic! But let's be real, all of your avatars are fantastic!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2023, 03:55 AM

tough competition already!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 04:09 AM

well with an avi as fashionable as hers, i think we could all take a few pointers!

thank youuu yours are too, i am loving this strawberry lemonade vibe you've got going on rn.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-12-2023, 04:37 AM

My accent color is [egret].

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-12-2023, 04:38 AM

Can't wait to do these! Love the group category making a comeback! :D

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-12-2023, 11:31 AM

wow you guys!!! im blown away already!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-12-2023, 03:35 PM

I should try the no multi-equip challenge. That's probably the only one I could handle without breaking my brain. Commons need love, too; there's so many and they layer so well!

Edit; does it have to be Valentine's themed? Or just a 'general' whatever it is, as long as it's only using non-multi items.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-12-2023, 03:52 PM

Hi everyone!! I was so happy to see the event email in my inbox. Happy Valentine's Day Menewsha <3 I'm excited to enter this contest once I remind myself how to use this site lol

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-12-2023, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I should try the no multi-equip challenge. That's probably the only one I could handle without breaking my brain. Commons need love, too; there's so many and they layer so well!

Edit; does it have to be Valentine's themed? Or just a 'general' whatever it is, as long as it's only using non-multi items.
general, its challenging enough not using multi equip items

---------- Post added 02-12-2023 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Hi everyone!! I was so happy to see the event email in my inbox. Happy Valentine's Day Menewsha <3 I'm excited to enter this contest once I remind myself how to use this site lol
ooo i would love to see what you do!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-12-2023, 04:36 PM

Very true, thank you! I assume only one entry, then? I better make it count, if so!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-12-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Hey Sal!!! Nice to see you!