Zweres
  • Challenge Zweres in the Arcade

Old 02-08-2010, 01:10 AM

Artwork and Banner by HamletSpamlet.

Last edited by Zweres; 02-19-2010 at 12:01 AM..

Cherry Who?
  • Challenge Cherry Who? in the Arcade

Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 AM

What is Love? Trivia and Hangman!

Hello, hello! Are you up for a game? Splendid! Then get your chocolate and candy hearts for energy, and pull your sweetie up by your side for some moral support, then buckle down and get ready for some brain-tingling guessing games! The subjects will vary, but every question and answer will have one unifying theme: LOVE!

Meet Your Hosts!

Zweres
When not writing questions for you lovely Menewshans, Zweres' hobbies including being a banana and long walks on the beach in Prada shoes.

Cherry Flavored Antacid
While Cherry is not single this Valentines Day season, she is looking for a kitty that meets her strict criteria of being "the cutest-wutest widdle kitty ever, oh my gosh, yes you are! Yes you are!"

Last edited by Zweres; 02-10-2010 at 07:47 AM..

Zweres

Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 PM

What is Love? Rules!

The rules of the trivia and hangman games are here in order to maintain order amongst the havoc these games cause. As a result, following these rules is imperative. If these rules are violated, then appropriate punishments will be issued out. make sure you read the rules!

If you have any questions regarding these games, please do not hesitate to private message Zweres or Cherry Flavored Antacid. Doing so will make sure you receive a swift answer and your post will not be lost amongst pages of chatter.
  • Editing your posts during a round is strictly prohibited, as it can be used to cheat. If you edit your post, you will be barred from that round of trivia or hangman. If you continue to do it, you will be barred from all games in this thread. You will be given a warning not to edit your posts - any violations after that will result in being barred from the game.
  • In trivia, you must let at least 4 people make a guess before you make another guess per question. If less than four people (not counting yourself) are participating, then you must wait until everyone else has either made a guess, or made it clear they will not be guessing.
  • In hangman, you are allowed to guess 1 letter at a time. Once the host has posted the updated hangman board, you may guess another letter.
  • Do not copy and paste your answers from elsewhere on the internet. While you may use google, wikipedia, and other search tools to research your answer, copying and pasting rules still apply and posting long paragraphs that you did not write will not be acceptable unless put into quote tags.
  • You may only participate on your main account. We will know if you use your mule account, and you will be disqualified from all future rounds of the games.
  • Users found to be causing undue conflict and drama or are found to be cheating in a way not already covered here will be asked not to participate. The point of this game is to spread some loving cheer.

What is Love? How it Works!

No games will be hosted on the first or last day of the event. But, from the 11th to the 14th, a one round of Hangman will be hosted each day. From the 14th to the 17th, a one round of Trivia will be hosted each day. This topic may be moved from this forum (with a redirect) to the other event subforum in order to make sure there are a lovely amount of participants each day.

For a round of trivia or hangman to start, there must be at least 4 players. Cherry Flavored Antacid or Zweres will post before starting a round to see how many people are interested.

Hangman - How It Works

The Host will post a board that looks like this:

_ _ _ _, . _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Participants will post a letter that they think may be in the puzzle. The phrase must be properly punctuated as well. Below is an example phrase that the host(s) will then post the updated board. It may look something like this:

_ ov _, a _ t _ all _
If a user is the first to guess a letter that is in the phrase, they will earn 1 point.
Being the first to correctly guess the phrase on the board will earn a user 3 points.
Point tallies will be posted regularly by the host, and will also be tracked on the front page.
Each round will contain 8 hangman boards.

Trivia - How It Works

The Host will post a question such as:
"What song with "love" in the title was famously featured in a Saturday Night Live sketch and later a movie spin-off of the sketch, and who was the artist who performed it?" The complete answer (both artist name and song) will earn the user 3 points. An incomplete answer (such as only the song name) will earn the user 1 point. Not all rounds will have the possibility of an incomplete answer. You must be the first person to post your particular guess in order to earn points for it. If a long enough period of time passes and no one correctly guesses the answer, the host will provide a hint. Point tallies will be posted regularly by the host, and will also be tracked on the front page. Each round will contain 10 questions. If there is extra time, then two rounds per day may be possible, but that is at the host's discretion.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-10-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Cherry Who?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM

What is Love? Hangman Categories!

Each round of Hangman will have a particular theme that unites all of the answers. Remember that in addition to this, everything will be related to love!

February 11th - Affectionate Pet Names (with Cherry Flavored Antacid)
February 12th - Romantic Food (with Zweres)
February 13th - Famous Couples (with Cherry Flavored Antacid)
February 14th Day - Lovely Landmarks (with Cherry Flavored Antacid)

What is Love? Trivia Categories!

As with Hangman, each round of Trivia will have a theme, in addition to the love theme.

February 14th Night - Music (with Cherry Flavored Antacid)
February 15th - To Be Announced (with Zweres)
February 16th - Movies (with Cherry Flavored Antacid)
February 17th - To Be Announced (with Zweres)

What is Love? Prizes

Here's what you're really interested in!

After the event is over, users with the most points in both games will win first prize for that game. The user with the second-most amount of points will receive second prize for that game. In the event of a tie, two prizes will be given out for that level.

Hangman 1st Prize:

May 2009 set (Jade Ronin + Star Catcher)

Hangman 2nd Prize:

Valentines Day 09 set

Trivia 1st Prize:

August 2009 set (Kitsune and Caboodle + Eyes of the Wild)

Trivia 2nd Prize:

Winner's Choice of Event Commons Worth 2,000g or Less

A round with only winners (of both trivia and hangman) maybe planned, but it is at the hosts' discretion.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2010 at 12:52 AM..

Zweres

Old 02-09-2010, 03:40 AM

What is Love? Rankings

See those shiny prizes up there? Awesome, aren't they? In order to win them, though, you must have points! Here's where you can check your point tallies as well as the competition's!
Please note: During rounds, this will not be up to date. Please be patient to see your updated point rankings.

Hangman Point Rankings:

Round 1
Popcorn Gun - 5
shinigamikarasu - 1
Arikana - 3
Koki - 3
ToriKat - 5
Gary Stargazer - 6
Shishunki - 17
Jeshickah - 11
Chikuma - 4
LaVida - 2
Skykittykat - 3

Round 2
Round 2 scores coming soon!

Round 3
Popcorn Gun - 8
First To Never Know - 17
Hadsvich - 3
Kent - 13
Arikana - 19
shinigamikarasu - 4
Jesmond - 3

Round 4
*Hime* - 9
fairywaif - 11
Liunesta - 15
Sir.Spoon - 20
m00finsan - 11
Popcorn Gun - 3
LaVida - 7
babyangel - 2
lightkanna - 1

Trivia Point Rankings:

Round 1
*Hime* - 3
Sir.Spoon - 9
JessehBoo - 3
Popcorn Gun - 9
Jesmond - 6

Round 2
Jesmond6
Shishunki4
Hime15
M00finsan9
Siti_Hajar - 9
Amice3
Popcorn Gun - 3

Round 3
First to Never Know - 6
m00finsan - 6
Arikana - 6
Dandelion - 6
Stormy1 - 3

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2010 at 02:13 AM..

Cherry Who?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 AM

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-09-2010 at 09:02 PM..

Chikuma
  • Challenge Chikuma in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 AM

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Dystopia
  • Challenge Dystopia in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 02:47 AM

Running Trivia again, are you?

Haha! Let's see if I fare any better this event!

angelic eruru
  • Challenge angelic eruru in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:08 AM

This event is really cool ^^

Cami
  • Challenge Cami in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 AM

Haaaaaang man. I so love that game.

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 AM

I can't wait for this one to start!
Good luck to everyone who participates!

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 AM

O.O
:squee:

OMGOMGOMG!!!
TRIVIA AND HANGMAN! 8D <3
I think I love this thread already. >w< <3

*camps out at thread and waits for rounds to start* >w<

Cherry Who?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 AM

Hi, everyone! Glad to see so many people are interested already! This is my first time cohosting an event thread, so be gentle with me, alright? :lol:

kurobizzle
Send a message via AIM to kurobizzle
  • Challenge kurobizzle in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 AM

This is going to be the very first event game I've ever joined!! I'm so excited!!! :boogie:

babyangel
  • Challenge babyangel in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM

i love trivia and hangman!!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator
  • Challenge BellyButton in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:33 AM

I'll be rooting for you and your magic fingers, Chiku! :lol:

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Hi, everyone! Glad to see so many people are interested already! This is my first time cohosting an event thread, so be gentle with me, alright? :lol:
Yes, ma'am! *salutes and offers you a plate of yummy chocolate chip cookies to warm you up to event thread hosting* <3
:hug: I'm sure you'll do a great job, Cherry! <3

Chibes
  • Challenge Chibes in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 AM

I love trivia! Hangman I'm not so good at thanks to the fact spelling is not my friend. >.<; But I'm going to try my best.

What is Love?
---In a Korean movie I just watched likened Love to Raindrops outside the window. They both evaporate and leave a stain behind. Depressing but fitting as well. Love leaves a mark on a person both good and bad.---

Cherry Who?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 AM

Chibes, that's interesting. Maybe I should watch more foreign films. :lol: The song title is actually a reference to a bad dance song. :lol:

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 AM

Hangman sounds fun.

*Hime*
  • Challenge *Hime* in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:53 AM

Oh hey everybody!
Yay for event! ;3

sadrain
  • Challenge sadrain in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 AM

This looks awesome! <3

ToriKat
  • Challenge ToriKat in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm so excited for Trivia. x3 *really hopes I'll be around to play* *0*

Kay
  • Challenge Kay in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 01:06 PM

Hmm? Trivia and hangman? Sounds fun, 030 maybe I'll play.

IHateTests
  • Challenge IHateTests in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Sounds like this is going to be fun..