Moondey
  • Challenge Moondey in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username:Moondey
Word Count:633
Theme: : Good ol' Fashioned Love Story
Entry:
I’ve been living my life all alone. The one person I loved I lost. How could someone just walk away when they know the feelings at stake? Of course I’ve had other relationships over the years, but my mind always went to him. I fell in love with him when I was 12. I know way too young to fall in love and all that jazz. But hey, love is love right? We were together for about 6 years...then everything changed. I had to leave, he didn’t want to go. We still loved each other, but he was with someone else, and I was all alone again. Alone, even though I was surrounded by people who loved me. My heart was gone and it was with him. I sat around a lot, not doing much. Though on one fateful day, one of my least favorite days in the year, he showed up at my door. I wanted to die. I wanted to be invisible, thinking he didn’t want me the way I still wanted him. He was standing there with a bunch of roses, looking around as if he didn’t have the right house. I couldn’t stop my body from moving on its own. I opened the door with tears in my eyes and just looked at him.

“Hi…um…here, these are for you. Happy Valentine’s Day…If you don’t want me to be here, I can leave.” As he turned to leave due to my silence the tears started to fall. I had thought this was just another one of my dreams back to haunt me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug. I never thought he would hug me back, but he did more than that. He pulled me closer and kissed me, with more passion then I ever remember him showing me in the past. “I’m sorry…I was such an idiot…I shouldn’t have just let you walk away like that…I should have ran after you.” He continued to ramble because I was unable to say anything. I yelled at myself for not moving, for not telling him it was entirely my fault. But for some reason I couldn’t move. He moved away from me just slightly, and I watched as he went down on one knee. “Please forgive me…will you do me the honor of being the wife that you were always meant to be?” I couldn’t move again. I was frozen just staring at him. Eventually I fell down on my knees next to him and pulled him into another mind numbing kiss. But just as I was about to say something to him, I woke up.

I turned over in my bed and looked at the clock. 12:00 am…Valentine’s Day…go figure. It would be just my luck that I would remain alone. That I would be stuck dreaming of the man I lost all those years ago, on the one day that it would pain me the most. I decided to just stay awake. What use was it to go back to sleep, if I knew I was just going to dream of him again. I didn’t want to relive the pain once more.

About half way through the day there was a knock on my door. Thinking it was just my mother, or some friends I answered it. There he stood, in the same clothes from my dream. I figured it was just another dream, but this time he didn’t say anything. He just kissed me, while sliding a ring on my finger. I cried. That is all I could think of doing. That was years ago, and since then I have not been alone. The one day that I had grown to hate, became the one day I thank the gods for blessing me on.

ThyFaerieQueen
  • Challenge ThyFaerieQueen in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥

User name: Princess Cupcake
Word Count:
Theme: Tear Jerker? I think so...
Entry:

Dearest Beloved,
As these lonely starless nights loom towards Saint Valentine's Day, my mind is filled with thoughts of you, and little to nothing else. That day which is to be celebrated in festivity and bliss, I fear, will only be another gloomy Sunday for me. It will be barren of those affectionate presents Romeos give to their Juliets. No sweet whispered nothings, no unfulfilled promises, no so longing kisses or pink teddy bears to call my own. But I can watch the jubilee from afar.

Do you see? I doubt you do. After all these tiresome months of stressful work, you're as blind as a bat. Every dab of lip gloss, change of wardrobe, and pull of hair. I offered to carry your books and give you my whole lunch,

And yet, you still don't see.

My lips long to reveal the secret locked in my heart, but fear represses the lips of mine thirst to speak. What if you reject me? Then I will be alone. My life seems less without your smile, without the laughter in your crystal-like eyes.

I only wish to tell you how I feel inside. I may hide behind insecurity, but it doesn't mean I can't feel passion, can't feel love.

Love, that's what it is. That candy-coated, overused word that means to much to my delicate chrome heart. I love you, and if you loved me... it would be like having cloud and sky running through my veins. It could break my constant melancholy, and finally, my metamorphoses would end. You'd know the butterfly that I am, not the caterpillar that I appear to be.

One of these days, I will tell you. I'll scream it to the sun and moon, and even the stars would whisper of it.

But today, I'll stand on the street whose charcoal snow has been paved away. I'll stand as you kiss her lips and hold her hand. I'll watch and hold this note, then let it fall to the icy ground as I walk away, wishing, waiting, wanting....

For another day...

ToriKat
  • Challenge ToriKat in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 PM

I've updated the entries! Thank you guys! :D

IHateTests
  • Challenge IHateTests in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 PM

@ ToriKat.. It was no problem really..

Jauni
Send a message via AIM to Jauni Send a message via MSN to Jauni Send a message via Yahoo to Jauni
  • Challenge Jauni in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Jauni
Word Count: 800
Theme: The Tear Jerker
Entry:
Hey you,

It's been such a long time, hasn't it? I could have sworn it was just yesterday that we would run out to the beach without a care in the world. We would throw sand at one another, built sand castles; only to knock them down afterward. We would also go swimming near the shallow part of the shore, you'd often throw me in the water since you were bigger than me and stronger. Then once the day was done, you'd often drag me to your house. We'd listen to the TV or even completely ignore it, we'd eat out your pantry of all the junk food we could find and talk and play until I had to leave. And then we'd do it all over again the next day. This would continue until school started, but that never stopped us. We'd always find a way to be together. Do you remember? Those were the finer days of life, weren't they?

But then we grew up and we changed. Everyday you grew, becoming taller and taller until I had to lean my head back just to speak to you. Your voice changed, becoming deeper and huskier. And if I could see, you were probably becoming beautiful everyday. This went on for awhile and I realized that I began to have these strange feelings for you. Your words always managed to make me melt at the spot. You'd often get me jealous of your girlfriends every time you talked about them. You'd often make me cry whenever you lost time to spend with me. And soon enough, you started to experiment with things. Drinking, smoking... Losing your virginity to a girl you just met at some party. But I endured it; I'd welcome you with wide, open arms whenever you needed me. I was the shoulder to cry on, I was the ear to talk to, I was a breath of fresh air. Isn't that what you called me? I understood you more than anyone else. I knew more about you than you knew of yourself. I was your shadow, the faceless figure that everyone ignored, but always by your side.

Do you remember the day I confessed to you? I shocked the both of us, but you should have seen it coming. Maybe I should have told you on some other time, but I was angry. You stood me up that day, promising me we'd have our time together. But your girlfriend at the time needed you and you never told me. You found out she was pregnant, with your child and you were angry? You left her and came running to me. You angered me and I slapped you, telling you off. How dare you. You knew better than that, I knew you did. I ranted, hitting you at some points; telling you what if that were me? What would you have done? Would you have left me too? You told me that I was different and she was just some whore who was probably just using it as a sob story. And again I slapped you, telling you about my long time secret. I told you I love you but then I'd hate you for life if you dare left your girlfriend when she needed you the most. You had no idea what to do and we cried. We cried until we fell asleep that night.

I can't help but regret it a bit though. Your girlfriend was indeed a bit of that type of person and I wouldn't be surprised if the child wasn't yours, but I didn't want to risk it. I guess I was just destined to be the best friend and maybe down the line I'd meet the man of my dreams. However, I still loved you and I'd probably love you for the rest of my life, but I suppose that will remain one sided. You never returned my feelings that night we fought, so I'll just assume. But if I could, I'd tell you again and I'll keep telling you until you either returned them or reject them.

But it's too late now. We both grew up and moved on. And I have to say that we're officially a lifetime apart. I really wanted to give this letter to you myself, but I guess I couldn't. I heard you had a beautiful baby boy with her. Be sure to visit and tell me his name. I hope you gave him the name we agreed on... Because I know it'd be perfect, even if he wasn't the child to the both of us.

Anyways, please remember this: I'll always love you and watch over you, like I used to. I'll be waiting, but take your time.

See you on the other side.

ToriKat

Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Added your entry, Jauni. ^^

Luna_Starburst
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna_Starburst
  • Challenge Luna_Starburst in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM

i got a perfect love story that everyone love :)

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 02-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Jauni, what a cute story. :3

Luna_Starburst

Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Luna_Starburst:
Word Count: 218
Theme:Tear Jerker
Entry:True Love

This is the story of love and devotion. It comes from an ancient time when love meant something to people. One day a highly liked King was walking among his people when he saw a beautiful maiden. When she saw him she too fell instantly in love. For a while they were lovers and deep and true friends, as we would say today, they were a perfect match. All this good but there was a problem that the poor king had to deal with. The king loved this maiden very much and he wanted to be with her but he couldn’t because he was a king and she a peasant. When the king told her this the maiden said that she understood and left still loving him and she never married anyone no matter who asked and what they could offer her. The king never married, loving her to much to marry another who wasn’t her. On his death he had his hands put over his heart for her. Ever since than the people use three symbols together to represent love, friendship and loyalty, every one remembers them and their love that with stood time and every oppression. They truly loved each other and though they could never be they were together in heart and mind.

Jauni
Send a message via AIM to Jauni Send a message via MSN to Jauni Send a message via Yahoo to Jauni
  • Challenge Jauni in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM

@ToriKat: Thanks a bunch!

@Princess Cupcake: Lawl-- Thank you! I appreciate it. Good luck with your entry~!
:3

ToriKat

Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 AM

Your entry is up, Luna. ^^ Thanks for entering!

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 AM

And thanks for putting my entry up Tori!

Luna_Starburst

Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 AM

sadrain
  • Challenge sadrain in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM

I am so glad I can enter the poetry. I fail at writing so short stories, but I write plenty of poetry and already have some fitting written. All I have to do is translate them. <3

RinaRoad
  • Challenge RinaRoad in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 AM

♥ My Own Love ♥
RinaRoad:
IDK:
Good ol' Fashioned Love Story
It all started at school. I meet my current love without knowing immediately we'd get together. It was a sweet friendship and I did indeed grow a crush on him, what with his sweet personality and caring instincts, he was too interesting to resist crushing on. But, I had expected, like most of the men I've had crushes on, he'd just turn me down, too. I sulked and became depressed with the boy I was going out with, a long-distance relationship. I knew it wasn't working, so why stay with him? I broke up with him, saying I was sorry but I couldn't take the pain anymore. I even had a few suicidal thoughts, but then it all went away one December.

I got my crush's number one Friday and we were texting non-stop. While we got to know each other, he told me he was worried he'd get stabbed in the back again, fearing to ask me out. I told him I promise I would do nothing of the sort, and I know I wouldn't. He smiled with glee the next week when he asked if he could kiss me. It was strange at first, being my first kiss, but I felt a powerful connection, love, a spark, and protection in that one kiss. The protection part being he would protect me from bad feelings and throw my pain out the window. I trust him, and always shall. This is my love story.
:

Espada_Reaper_13
Send a message via AIM to Espada_Reaper_13
  • Challenge Espada_Reaper_13 in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 01:24 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Espada_Reaper_13:
670:
Theme: The Ultimate Challenge
Long ago in china there lived a great family called the family of the moon.
the family of the moon had a beautiful daughter named Fei.
Fei was asked by many men for her hand, but Fei only wanted to be married to someone who loved her and not her family’s money.
One day her father came to her room and told her she must pick a man to marry before the year is over.
Fei then walked to the center of the town and made a decree. “From this day forth, the year will not end and I will not smile until a man can present me with a gift that will make me truly happy.”
Many men have travelled all over China to present gifts to the young girl but none have been able to make her smile.
She was given jewels, money, and elegant dresses but nothing was able to make her smile.
One day a young traveler from across the seas named Kai came into town and rested at an inn near the family of the moon’s estate.
The young lad noticed the line of men gathered around the estate and asked the inn keeper about it.
“Oh that is lady Fei’s newest bunch of suitors” the inn keeper said “you see, there will never be a new year unless lady Fei is wedded to a man that will give her a gift that will make her smile.”
The young traveler looked out the window again to see Fei come out of the estate. When he saw her face it was love at first sight.
“I think I shall try to win her hand” the young traveler said giving the inn keeper money for the room.
“you? A poor traveler?” the inn keeper said bewildered. “Nobles and lords and even the emperor himself have tried to win her hand and you think you can win?” but Kai did not hear him because he already ran off to find a gift for Fei.
Kai was walking through a field of flowers when he noticed a tiger stuck under a fallen tree.
The tiger saw the young traveler and cried. “Oh! Mister Traveler please save me and I will help you on your quest”
Kai walked over and pushed the tree off up to free the creature.
“Oh thank you! As a reward I will gather the gifts you will need to win the lady’s hand” the tiger said.
“Just go to her estate and say you have brought her the twelve years she missed.”
The traveler listened to the rabbit and went to the estate.
Kai walked into the estate and saw all of the gifts Fei has already received.
“Oh I hope the tiger was right and can give me something more precious than these gifts.”
Kai walked in front of Fei and her father.
“Well young suitor what have you brought me.” Fei said looking at him.
“Lady Fei.” He said to the young girl.
“I may not have brought you jewels or dresses but I brought you the twelve years you have missed.”
As soon as he said that the doors burst open to reveal the tiger and other creatures with him, each with a flower in its mouth.
“Each animal represents a year you have missed when you were not smiling”
one by one each animal placed a different flower by her feet and then sat around her.
The traveler then walked up to her and took one of her hands and kneeled down.
“Also, with the gift of the years I offer you my love.”
Fei looked at the young traveler and finally after twelve years she smiled.
On this day the young girl and the traveler were wedded and the animals were forever represented as the years for the people of china.
Some say when the start of the New Year and the day of love are together couples can feel deep in their souls, the love of Fey and Kai.
:

sadrain

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 AM

RinaRoad, you shouldnt double post. ^^ Not even in this case. You shouklld report so some staff takes care of it. The note should have been added to the story. And, no, all stories/entries must be psoted, so that way you did right. x3

RinaRoad
  • Challenge RinaRoad in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
RinaRoad, you shouldnt double post. ^^ Not even in this case. You shouklld report so some staff takes care of it. The note should have been added to the story. And, no, all stories/entries must be psoted, so that way you did right. x3
Thank you! I'll delet the second post, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada_Reaper_13 View Post
♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Espada_Reaper_13:
670:
Theme: The Ultimate Challenge
Long ago in china there lived a great family called the family of the moon.
the family of the moon had a beautiful daughter named Fei.
Fei was asked by many men for her hand, but Fei only wanted to be married to someone who loved her and not her family’s money.
One day her father came to her room and told her she must pick a man to marry before the year is over.
Fei then walked to the center of the town and made a decree. “From this day forth, the year will not end and I will not smile until a man can present me with a gift that will make me truly happy.”
Many men have travelled all over China to present gifts to the young girl but none have been able to make her smile.
She was given jewels, money, and elegant dresses but nothing was able to make her smile.
One day a young traveler from across the seas named Kai came into town and rested at an inn near the family of the moon’s estate.
The young lad noticed the line of men gathered around the estate and asked the inn keeper about it.
“Oh that is lady Fei’s newest bunch of suitors” the inn keeper said “you see, there will never be a new year unless lady Fei is wedded to a man that will give her a gift that will make her smile.”
The young traveler looked out the window again to see Fei come out of the estate. When he saw her face it was love at first sight.
“I think I shall try to win her hand” the young traveler said giving the inn keeper money for the room.
“you? A poor traveler?” the inn keeper said bewildered. “Nobles and lords and even the emperor himself have tried to win her hand and you think you can win?” but Kai did not hear him because he already ran off to find a gift for Fei.
Kai was walking through a field of flowers when he noticed a tiger stuck under a fallen tree.
The tiger saw the young traveler and cried. “Oh! Mister Traveler please save me and I will help you on your quest”
Kai walked over and pushed the tree off up to free the creature.
“Oh thank you! As a reward I will gather the gifts you will need to win the lady’s hand” the tiger said.
“Just go to her estate and say you have brought her the twelve years she missed.”
The traveler listened to the rabbit and went to the estate.
Kai walked into the estate and saw all of the gifts Fei has already received.
“Oh I hope the tiger was right and can give me something more precious than these gifts.”
Kai walked in front of Fei and her father.
“Well young suitor what have you brought me.” Fei said looking at him.
“Lady Fei.” He said to the young girl.
“I may not have brought you jewels or dresses but I brought you the twelve years you have missed.”
As soon as he said that the doors burst open to reveal the tiger and other creatures with him, each with a flower in its mouth.
“Each animal represents a year you have missed when you were not smiling”
one by one each animal placed a different flower by her feet and then sat around her.
The traveler then walked up to her and took one of her hands and kneeled down.
“Also, with the gift of the years I offer you my love.”
Fei looked at the young traveler and finally after twelve years she smiled.
On this day the young girl and the traveler were wedded and the animals were forever represented as the years for the people of china.
Some say when the start of the New Year and the day of love are together couples can feel deep in their souls, the love of Fey and Kai.
:
Espada_Reaper_13, this is a very good story.

Last edited by ToriKat; 02-12-2010 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: double post

merlow1
  • Challenge merlow1 in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 02:02 AM

The Anti-V-Day

i wrote this poem I'm not sure if it fits the bill but i will post it anyway.

My dearest love of many years,
I hate to say I have some fears,
These gifts you bring are quite lovely,
Please don’t take my words adversely.

My heart is in a torn state,
To fallow tradition or wait for fate,
You see there is a wealthy man,
Who comes with wedding ring in hand.

My family’s status raised,
That will be blessed with crowds praise,
But my heart still rests with you,
That’s why I know not what to do.

happy515166
  • Challenge happy515166 in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 02:07 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: happy515166
Word Count: 428
theme:: tear jerker
Entry: Never Forgotten

I turned and looked at him through the window of the book store. He was laughing with his friends outside the window. He looked at me and I hid my turning pink face with a book. I sat down on the floor and started crying silently. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my face between my knees.
"Excuse me?" I heard a boy ask in front of me.
I looked up and it was him. The boy I loved ever so much.
"How may I help you?" I asked.
"Forget me why are you crying?" he asked.
I turned away from him. I felt him bring himself closer to me. I looked back at me and he was smiling.
"I like you...a lot and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date" He told me.
I turned my face towards his.
"Um of course I'll go" I answered smiling slightly.
"Cool lets make it on Saturday at the cafe down the street" he suggested.
"Okay sounds good" I told him smiling.
It was on me and him together on our first date. One of many. A few years later we were going on our last date but neither of us knew it.
I was sitting in a nice restaurant in a purple dress waiting for him. Thirty minutes later he still didn't show up. I sighed and stood up. I turned to leave when someone came running up to me. It was a short bald man.
"Your date was in an accident!" the man exclaimed.
I took a taxi to where he was and there was an ambulance and policeman surrounding his limp body. He was bloody. I pushed past everyone around him and grabbed his hand.
"Are you ok?" I asked panicked.
He didn't answer. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and pulled me away. I couldn't hear or see anything by that point.
The next time I saw him was at his funeral. I stared at his unmoving body. I didn't cry. No, correction, I didn't want to cry. Someone tried to pull me away from him and that's when tears finally emerged from my eyes. I turned and ran farthest away from him in the room and cried as hard as I could.
I felt someone touch my arm.
"I'll always be with you, I promise" I heard a familiar voice say.
I swirled around and saw no one but I found the power, somewhere in my heart to smile for the first time in a week.

Last edited by happy515166; 02-14-2010 at 01:40 AM..

sadrain

Old 02-12-2010, 02:09 AM

You doubleposted again, RinaRoad. ^^;

ThyFaerieQueen

Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 AM

*glomps Rainy* I wanna read your poems...

Cicadetta
Send a message via AIM to Cicadetta Send a message via MSN to Cicadetta
  • Challenge Cicadetta in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 02:33 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Cicadetta
Word Count: 723
Theme: Tear Jerker
Entry: Two Paths Diverged

"I love you, but..." Helen's hands trembled as she read the crumpled note for the sixth time. They were bundled in gloves against the February chill, but no fabric, not even one designed for Arctic winters, could protect her from her own inner cold. "I love you, but..."

Midwinter snow covered the grounds, the roofs, and the otherwise bare branches of the campus trees. The only natural color in Helen's world was the green of the pine copse at the base of the hill. Everything else was white and gray. A church, a chapel really, jutted white and austere from the low hilltop, glistening with frost like a part of the landscape, or a sculpture by some ambitious hand. An atheist, Helen rarely entered the place, even for secular student events, but now she stood in front of the door, and waited.

Eventually, she found herself sitting on a hard wooden pew, in a back corner, poised for a quick exit. She stuffed her gloves in her purse, but did not remove her coat. Why make herself at home in a place like this? The interior of the chapel was as pure and simple as the out. Even the great windows behind the altar were clear rather than stained, their only adornment provided by the trees behind the building. A few people had come to attend this service. The hum of human chatter was only apparent, however, when a young man stepped before the podium, and cleared his throat. He had dressed casually, in jeans, a thrift store blazer, and a clean white shirt. His brown hair was in need of a trim, Helen thought, and on a better day she might have mentioned it to him. But not today.

His soft hazel eyes came to meet hers, and she suppressed a wince. Helen's were a clear blue, wide-set enough to suggest innocence on first glance, yet piercing and even cynical on the second. His own were equally deceptive. They both knew it. He quickly looked away and began his sermon, while she nervously twirled the scarlet strands of her hair.

Afterwards, somehow, she found herself in a coffee shop, seated across from him at a small, intimate table. Not that there was much to discuss about the homily -- it had been about the nature of love, and not much else -- but the note was another matter entirely.

"Eli," she said, sipping her latte, "You can't be serious. You're almost done here, for crying out loud!"

He sighed, and stirred a packet of sugar into his tea. "The decision's already made. I've been called, and I have to answer."

"Called by what? God? Haven't we had this discussion?"

Eli laughed. "Yeah. We have. A lot, and I love it. But the seminary is where I have to go right now."

"To be a priest." She cringed, setting down her cup. "Which means we'll never be..."

"I never said there weren’t downsides." His smile was gentle, crooked, and he reached a hand across the table to touch hers. She pulled away. "But this is just something I have to do, you know?"

"You can't just be a... a lay minister or something?"

He paused. "I'm sorry, Helen."

"Your note says you leave tomorrow, right?"

"Yes, it does. I'm glad we get to say goodbye, at least. Are you sure you don't want to come to the party with me?" The campus ministry was throwing it for him. There was no way she wanted to go there.

"Yeah." She sighed, and stared out the window. The snow was blowing again, and the sky seemed poised for a few more flurries, at least. The walk back would not be a pleasant one, for multiple reasons. "So... this is it, huh?"

"Yeah, it is," he replied, finally, finishing off his tea.

"Well, um... Goodbye then. I love you and, um... good luck."

Eli smiled back. "All the same to you, Helen. I love you."

She blinked back tears as he pushed open the door, and then called, "Eli."

"Yeah?"

"That was a nice talk you gave today. Really... really nice."

He turned, and looked back at her, his coat collar already turned up against the cold. "Thank you, Helen. Nothing less for the Feast of Saint Valentine." And with that, he was gone.

Last edited by Cicadetta; 02-12-2010 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Mysterious asterisks appeared...

GLITTERjazz
Send a message via AIM to GLITTERjazz Send a message via MSN to GLITTERjazz
  • Challenge GLITTERjazz in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: GLITTERjazz
Word Count: 559 EXACT
Theme: The Anti V day
Entry: Turning off the light in my bedroom, I trotted over to my teal splashed bed spread. Throwing my head in every direction into my pillow I groaned a long lifeless groan The dreaded thought had just past through my head it was the worst, and most evil, dishonored holiday in the world. Valentines day. Going to sleep angered was at most the worst thing you could possibly ever imagine. Its like you can't scream, or else you'll wake someone up. Its like being trapped and a tiny box with you and your anger, no release, just trapped.It's like when you go down the principles and just before your about to go into the office and you have that pit in your stomach. Oh that's a terrible feeling. Having lost myself with waves of thoughts i gently fell into the world of unrealistic hopes and impossible dreams... i fell asleep

Opening my dreary eyes, my computer enlightened me with those horrid words "Happy Valentines Day Jenn!", God i hated that moronic holiday software i had programmed in - Why did i even install that? I picked up my feet and left the comfort zone of my bed, my nice warm valentines day free bed. As i moped along a bit, Amelia my black and white rabbit, decided to reluctantly come out of hiding from under my bed where her small litter box was safely kept, and she went on licking my ankles - Bleh! Shooing her away, I couldn't believe it, but even my bunny was love-struck I thought, I Lousily shut my apartment door as I left.

Dropping my head and lunging into the car with a big sigh, I revved the engine and drove slowly to the bakery I worked in, Opening the doors, the annoying bell I hear everyday made it's irritating jingle and continued on after I shut the door. Smelling the delicious smell of the teeth decaying sugary sweets, I smiled until I glanced opposite me and saw the giant red heart shaped cookies - as if someone had placed them there intentionally to annoy me. Rolling my eyes I stood behind the counter gazing thoughtlessly until instantaneously a dazzling young man in his early twenties strolled into the stop. He was foxy, impressive, grand and most of all sublime. Smiling sweetly at him I said softly "May i help you with anything?" having caught his eye, he replied "Can I have a blueberry muffin?" Blushing a rosy pink, I walked gracefully over to the display shelf and took out a blueberry muffin. The man noticed I was feeling blue. "All you all right?" Shaking I head, I looked up. "yeah, i'm fine. I just hate Valentine's Day." I shrugged one of my shoulders. "Oh do you? same..." He trailed off.

The next day, the mysterious stranger called the bakery to talk to me, "Hey I don't know if you remember but.. I came in the store yesterday..to buy a blueberry muffin? I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out somewhere, sometime?" Breathless I replied in a heart beat "Oh yes of course do you want to meet at the library?"
Later in the year, the boy who I found out was Nate got down on his knees and proposed. "yes!" I cried. That's when I discovered love for Valentines Day.

sorry is long.

Yumeh
NPC
  • Challenge Yumeh in the Arcade

Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 AM

♥ I Stitched a Tale! ♥
Username: Meow
Word Count: Meow, meow, meeoooww
Theme: Meeeooooww!
Entry: Purr, scratch, meow, meow, scamper, purr, hiss, hiss, shread, meeow, meow, purr, meow, meow, MMEEOOW!

Last edited by Yumeh; 02-12-2010 at 05:06 AM..