mathwl1020
  • Challenge mathwl1020 in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM

I can't wait to see it. In two days the contest ends, so I hope everyone who wants to enter enters quickly.

Torrinne
  • Challenge Torrinne in the Arcade

Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 PM

Sneaking in before the deadline. ^_~ Another dark/depressing one, but I just couldn't think of anything else with the expression on her face.

For Pic #3

It was one of those fall days with a little bit of a bite in the air, the ones that warn you that winter is going to be arriving soon. Not the sort of day that Julie would usually pick for a trip to the beach, but today was special. She was waiting. She had perched on a rock overlooking the water, and curled up into a ball, shivering slightly despite her warm sweater. She considered going back to her car and turning the heat on, but she didn't want to miss him. And sure enough, a few minutes later she heard the sound of someone whistling as he walked down the beach.

She slid off the rock and ran to meet him. He was dressed all in black, like always. It was familiar. Comforting. For a minute, she thought she might forget everything, and just go back to him. But she couldn't. She stopped a few feet short of jumping into his arms. "Alex."

"Jules. How've you been?" He smiled that cocky grin of his, and her heart melted a little. No, Julie. It has to be done. It's better for you, and for him. And if the voice in her head sounded suspiciously like her mother, what of it? It was still good advice. "I lost the baby, Alex," she said coldly. "Thought you might want to know. You're not going to be a father. He was stillborn."

The pain in his eyes was almost enough to make her relent and take him back. And when he stepped forward to wrap his arms around her, and press one hand to her flat belly, she let him, because it eased the guilt. Not much, but a little. And if it made it a little harder to push him away, she didn't mind, because she owed him that much.

"I'm sorry, Julie. You know I would have been there for you..."

"But you weren't. And you won't be. Goodbye, Alex." She ran, before she could betray herself. And she managed to keep her eyes dry through the whole drive home. She couldn't risk getting into a car accident now, with the baby at home. Because she had told Alex the truth: his son had been stillborn. But not his daughter. And little Alexis would need a mother, because she would never know her father, and he would never know her.

fairywaif
  • Challenge fairywaif in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 AM

Wow, thanks. I was inspired by how his hair looked, i kind of looked like it was lit by flame. I haven't been able to get on all day today, but I'll come up with stories for the other two pictures later today, or tomorrow. And BBQ's are fun, I don't blame you!

sidrabutterfly
  • Challenge sidrabutterfly in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 AM

Umm, are you going to extend the contest since the event was extended?

mathwl1020
  • Challenge mathwl1020 in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM

well, I think I'll extend the contest until friday, mostly so I can see more good stories.

Squee-chan
  • Challenge Squee-chan in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 PM

...Augh. Sorry for the late reply. I'm taking summer classes so all my time during the week is gooooone. But I'm so glad to hear you extended this awesome idea! :3 I'll definitely try to get another story in before the event ends.

sidrabutterfly
  • Challenge sidrabutterfly in the Arcade

Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM

For Picture #1

Shima took a deep breath. She knew it wouldn't make a difference, but she couldn't help it. She knew what she was doing was for a noble cause, but that still didn't change the fact that she was essentially killing herself. No one else had volunteered, or even would volunteer. At least she wouldn't be smashed like some criminal. Instead she would be placed somewhere in the palace. Perhaps in the nursery, considering the reason she had volunteered was so that her baby could live. In a world of immortals, the council had decided to make a doctrine- that there should only be so many people to avoid over population. She had decided that her baby's life was worth more than hers. Maybe it was just a mother's prejudice, but she felt that he was destined to do something that would change the world. Anyways, it was worth dying so that her baby could have the chance to live. The magic crept up her body turning it to stone. Soon she completely incased in it. A statue forever more.