Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-23-2023, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Yeah, I mean it could have been much worse. I almost took another dose of it which is what made me stop and pause and look at the dosing. If I had taken another that might have really worsened things.
OMGarsh! That is terrifying!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 07:00 PM

Wow, that's scary, zig! Glad you're okay!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2023, 08:01 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm glad I'm okay too.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-22-2023, 07:47 PM

OOmph, had to reread a bit because of context cues - glad you were okay, Zig! That's the horrible thing about migraines - they're so damn painful that you end up doing something dumb by accident in an attempt to get rid of the painful. :(

OTHER THAN THAT.
I am a Switch player! Mostly been playing Pokémon Scarlet recently, but I also play AC:NH, LoZ, Graveyard Keeper,... If anyone wants to be friends, my friend code is SW-1409-0845-5597

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-22-2023, 08:55 PM

I downloaded the Katamari Damacy trial for people have the switch membership thing and played like 10 minutes of that today. I played that back in high school so it was like a blast from the past.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-22-2023, 10:54 PM

Oh, that's the ball rolling thing, right? How was the demo? Aside from the blast from the past. ;)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-23-2023, 11:19 PM

Yeah, the ball rolling thing, lol! I only rolled one ball so far and it was exactly the same as a level I had played previously so unfortunately I don't have much to say about it right now. I liked it when I was younger, just gotta see if it still holds the appeal I guess!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-24-2023, 12:29 PM

Haha, sorry! Katamari Damacy in my head is just... chaotically bright music, weirdly shaped characters (I think instantly of this massive character with a cylindrical head?), and equally chaotically bright visuals. And a ball.

I hope it still holds the appeal! I'll keep my fingers' crossed.

I'm playing a bit of Animal Crossing for the moment since I still need to do up my island in a way that I'm fully happy with it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2023, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I mean that’s basically what it is, lol! The game does have a really fun like “culture” to it or atmosphere or whatever you want to call it. The dialogue is pretty funny.

Oh man, I need to get back to my villagers. I’m mostly happy with my island but there’s still this one outlying area that I never figured out exactly how I wanted it that still bugs me.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2023, 09:31 PM

I'll have to give it a try if I happen upon the game!

Did you go for a specific theme, with your island? Or just went with whatever felt nice?
I got like halfway through my original layout and then got sick of it, lol. But now that I've completed the museum (aside from art pieces), I feel like I can "block off" certain things a bit easier because I don't have to worry about things needing to be accessible in order to catch all the bugs/fishes.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2023, 03:59 PM

I think the trial is up now so I missed playing more of it. Oops!

Uhh there's no specific theme to my island really, I just went with whatever felt nice. I made different areas like a shopping area, camping area, orchard, Japanese gardens area, etc. There's this one upper platform though that I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with it. I also have a bunch of flowers all over the place from flower breeding that I need to clean up.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-28-2023, 04:41 PM

I finally picked up Pokemon Scarlet again! I'm trying to get myself to play at least an hour every day! >:3 I don't really wanna miss out on anymore special Tera type pokemon...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2023, 05:00 PM

I was planning on trying to pick up Violet this weekend but shit got crazy and it didn't happen again.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2023, 11:27 AM

I have Scarlet aswell - so if anyone wants to trade version exclusives or whatever, let me know~ I really love just running around and just battling/leveling up my pokés. My bag is full of these candies that I never use.

Regarding Animal Crossing, Zig: hard same regarding the flowers. I feel like I'm just doing "flower management", rather than actually else.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-02-2023, 03:27 PM

I'll have to keep that in mind when I...eventually...start the game.

Yeahhh... I see some areas with really beautiful flower fields but I dunno, I just can't figure out the flower thing. I have them mostly in blocked off areas so they don't run too rampant but I'm just not sure what to do with all of the ones up top. I was trying to breed a "lavender" field but still not sure what to do with it now that I'm closer to having enough of those flowers.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-02-2023, 05:57 PM

Hiya Switch folks!

I play pretty sporadically, but my main games have been Animal Crossing, Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Violet, and Cozy Grove. I played ACNH a LOT during 2020, built a whole layout for my island and then didn't like it, and have been slowly remodeling ever since . At this point, I mostly just want to "re-wild" my island woth flowers and trees, and call it good, lol.

Lately I've mostly been playing Breath of the Wild. I've been playing it slowly for years, working on as many side quests as I can, really dragging out the experience, but I want to finish before the next game comes out.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-02-2023, 07:27 PM

I LOVE Breath of the Wild and spent hours and hours playing the extra quests and looking for all the collectibles. I never did find them all but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see how the new game is!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2023, 08:19 PM

Aaah, Breath of the Wild is so gorgeous! I keep dying in it tho, lol, so I haven't gotten very far. And because I keep dying and then putting it away for a while, I end up restarting because I forget about the controls and the mechanics....
The new game looks amazing in any case!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-02-2023, 10:25 PM

I've been debating on whether or not I want to buy it for the Switch. I originally played Breath of the Wild on the Wii U but that's one of the only games I have for that system so part of me wants to rebuy the game for the Switch so I can have it on the platform I'm currently using but then it's a lot of money to rebuy the same game and have to start over again from the beginning after I was done with most of the sidequests and end game stuff already...

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-03-2023, 05:34 AM

Oof, yeah, I know how that goes, I'm always debating about whether or not to re-purchase games on Switch which I already have on Steam, because the Switch is so much more comfortable to play on than my computer.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-03-2023, 03:04 PM

Agreed on that front! There's a new Harry Potter game out that my sister got on her Steam Deck that I wanted to play but I see it's coming out on Switch later in the year so I think I'll wait to get it on there exactly for that reason.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-05-2023, 05:58 PM

Especially with Nintendo never -really- lowering the prices of it's main games... rebuying is always a very difficult thing to consider. Not to mention knowing you've finished it once already and have all the end-game stuff and such... Maybe keep an eye on if it actually has a cheaper price if you buy it online?

I'm fully on board in regards with buying games again that I already have on Steam on my Switch - because yesss, getting to play in the comfort of my sofa is always nicer than playing on the pc.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-05-2023, 06:28 PM

It was on sale a couple weeks back but even so, that's still a lot of money to spend on a game that I already own... Maybe I'll just leave it for the first game and then be happy with having the second game on my Switch.

I just wish I didn't have to wait like...6 months for the Switch version to come out of that Harry Potter game. I wanna play now! *whines*

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-07-2023, 09:29 PM

I've heard pretty bad things about that storyline for the Harry Potter game... I love how it's open-world, but the storyline/characters/objects feel very anti-Semitic....

---------- Post added 03-07-2023 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Lately I've mostly been playing Breath of the Wild. I've been playing it slowly for years, working on as many side quests as I can, really dragging out the experience, but I want to finish before the next game comes out.
Uuugh, I'm doing the same and I hope I can finish it before tears of the kingdom releases.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-07-2023, 10:19 PM

Oh, I hadn't heard that but I also haven't done a lot of research into the game. That's not awesome.

Also, I FINALLY started playing Pokemon Violet. Y'all should be proud because I've been saying I would for like EVER. I'm sad though as the reason I was finally pushed to start it was that I had preordered the game on Amazon and today was the final day to redeem the preorder code except when I went to do it, the email with the code that's been sitting in my inbox for MONTHS is nowhere to be found. I'm so sad. Guess I'll be missing out.