Old 12-27-2022, 10:32 AM

Cool entries so far.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-27-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombie.Mama.NephxX View Post
Cool entries so far.
i 100% agree! i am so happy some people had time for this!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-28-2022, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Oh how wonderful! :3 my first event was Celes Paradi 2009 and then I moved and forgot my account log in and made this one in 2010 lol
I’ve spent half my life on mene
that's so crazy to think about, half your life? man. i was thinking more than a decade was crazy to think about but half a life is more impressive... not that it's a contest on what is more impressive you know what i mean. either way, it's all so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
too true. Life has a tendency to just move on.
definitely the way of the world... but sometimes we end up back to the same places. i think a lot of things happen when they're supposed to... and maybe menewsha coming back was supposed to happen now :)

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-28-2022, 09:48 AM

Linn: I mean it's the same amount of time really xD I just started when I was 14 xD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-28-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
that's so crazy to think about, half your life? man. i was thinking more than a decade was crazy to think about but half a life is more impressive... not that it's a contest on what is more impressive you know what i mean. either way, it's all so cool!

definitely the way of the world... but sometimes we end up back to the same places. i think a lot of things happen when they're supposed to... and maybe menewsha coming back was supposed to happen now :)

maybe! i hope so. im having so much fun right now being back here talking with all you guys again. its wonderful.

also you look wonderful!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-28-2022, 01:43 PM

I agree I'm so happy Mene is back, it's such a comfort ;3; I feel like we all needed it~

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-29-2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Linn: I mean it's the same amount of time really xD I just started when I was 14 xD
oh. well it just sounds way different with your wording it's all about perspective i guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
maybe! i hope so. im having so much fun right now being back here talking with all you guys again. its wonderful.

also you look wonderful!
it really is wonderful, i look forward to coming home from work and checking in here!
and thanks!

Quote:
I agree I'm so happy Mene is back, it's such a comfort ;3; I feel like we all needed it~
yes! agreed! on both accounts :)

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 12:40 AM

Quote:
aww this is so nice to see after so many years of not seeing one!
Linnea!! wow, it's been a long time since i've seen that name.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-29-2022, 12:42 AM

oh hello again! nice to see your name popping up in here!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 12:44 AM

thanks :D your avi is so pretty! you make festive so fashionable

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-29-2022, 12:49 AM

thanks! i almost didn't want to change it after my resurrection of Frosty avatar, but with the multi-equip fixed i just wanna play all the time with it! looks like you're onto something fun too. you making something for a contest or just for funsies?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 01:02 AM

bloodstainedwings: here's my entry!

---------- Post added 12-28-2022 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:
thanks! i almost didn't want to change it after my resurrection of Frosty avatar, but with the multi-equip fixed i just wanna play all the time with it! looks like you're onto something fun too. you making something for a contest or just for funsies?
oop posted before i saw your reply! that's what i was working on :)

i totally feel you, it's tempting to keep changing multiple times a day, i don't feel as much like holding onto them as i used to, i've got my Runway for that. i'm happy to see you playing with avis again!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-29-2022, 01:15 AM

oooo very nice! i am thinking of something for this avatar contest next. i love that you usesd that hat. i was eyeballing them last night actually

and thanks! over the years i definitely found myself thinking from time to time of good color combos to try out or good themes for avis and good items that would work... i should have written them down! XD

Last edited by Linnea; 12-29-2022 at 01:28 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 01:24 AM

yesss i'm excited to see!!

oh i love these hats, all the Lunar items are so good. and whoever did the recolors chose really nice colors too.

it's so sweet that you've been thinking about mene avatars all this time, you're so much more methodical than i am. i don't think i've ever had a color palette in mind when i first start an avatar. i do think about certain items a lot though, i've been really inspired in my pixel art by mene items, especially the color palettes Maria put together.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-29-2022, 07:53 AM

Oh gosh. I have to ask myself if I use what I already have or make a new one

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-29-2022, 06:14 PM

I'm asking myself that as well. XD

Linnea's avi is looking amazing!! * o*

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-29-2022, 09:59 PM

thanks ghost pastry!!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-29-2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
yesss i'm excited to see!!

oh i love these hats, all the Lunar items are so good. and whoever did the recolors chose really nice colors too.

it's so sweet that you've been thinking about mene avatars all this time, you're so much more methodical than i am. i don't think i've ever had a color palette in mind when i first start an avatar. i do think about certain items a lot though, i've been really inspired in my pixel art by mene items, especially the color palettes Maria put together.
yea those recolors are pretty nice indeed, i like a lot of the items in that whole set
and i think it's more anal retentive than methodical i have a thing about symmetry so i can get stuck unless it feels balanced, i think that's why i typically lean towards color combos because i can balance the colors easier and it looks more symmetrical. it's awesome you've been inspired by mene items for your own art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Oh gosh. I have to ask myself if I use what I already have or make a new one
always make more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I'm asking myself that as well. XD

Linnea's avi is looking amazing!! * o*
oh why thank you!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-31-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:

it really is wonderful, i look forward to coming home from work and checking in here!
and thanks!

same actually. and i have been trying to check more than once a day, but life is busy during the holidays. i make time where i can. its always worth it cuz i get to talk to people like you <3

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-31-2022, 01:36 PM

Aww same! I can’t bring my phone in with me to work (I work in a prison) so I can really only check after work. I do have a computer there which I use often but they’re monitored and I’m a terrible rule follower, even if I wasn’t working at a prison XD sooo here we are lol thank goodness for weekends!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-31-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Aww same! I can’t bring my phone in with me to work (I work in a prison) so I can really only check after work. I do have a computer there which I use often but they’re monitored and I’m a terrible rule follower, even if I wasn’t working at a prison XD sooo here we are lol thank goodness for weekends!
yay the weekend! whats it like working in a prison? that sounds cool to me. but i work in an office like a boring officer person who does nuanced work

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-31-2022, 03:57 PM

it's actually not too bad, most of the residents are generally pretty kind to me, but i think that's because i work for the mental health unit so i do a lot of fun groups and activities, so i call myself the "fun aunt" i am not a corrections officer so i don't really have to enforce any of the little nitpicky rules. really i just have to make sure people are safe and then i do my job of running groups to keep morale up, or at least that's kind of how it seems on most days sometimes people like to meet 1:1 and that's mostly to vent about something or maybe they just don't feel like they're being listened to. it goes a long way for someone to feel like someone is listening to them. that's pretty much it though!

i bet your job is important in it's own way though! gotta see the big picture, but sometimes it's harder than others lol

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-31-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
it's actually not too bad, most of the residents are generally pretty kind to me, but i think that's because i work for the mental health unit so i do a lot of fun groups and activities, so i call myself the "fun aunt" i am not a corrections officer so i don't really have to enforce any of the little nitpicky rules. really i just have to make sure people are safe and then i do my job of running groups to keep morale up, or at least that's kind of how it seems on most days sometimes people like to meet 1:1 and that's mostly to vent about something or maybe they just don't feel like they're being listened to. it goes a long way for someone to feel like someone is listening to them. that's pretty much it though!

i bet your job is important in it's own way though! gotta see the big picture, but sometimes it's harder than others lol
wow thats cool actually. i agree though, knowing that there is one person listening to you is soooo important for mental health.

i screen locate requests for underground telecommunication cables across canada. and ya, people dont wna tot hit those and if i can clear them, they dont have to wait 5 weeks for someone to mark things. so i can make an impact but its very invisible. even if it is an emergency service.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-31-2022, 07:36 PM

it can be hard if you go in with the mind set that these people are incarcerated and really dig into why they're there, but they're still people, and i'm not there to pass judgment, just help them learn some skills and help them make it through their time and hopefully come out better people on the other end. anyways. i can imagine it might be hard for some people, but i actually really enjoy my job, which is rare

your job def sounds important! you have to catch those before they become a problem! if you work in an office, do you have officemates whom you enjoy?

also,
bloodstainedwings:
here is my winter themed entry! (wasn't sure if the ping was necessary, but i am a rule follower remember? )

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-31-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
it can be hard if you go in with the mind set that these people are incarcerated and really dig into why they're there, but they're still people, and i'm not there to pass judgment, just help them learn some skills and help them make it through their time and hopefully come out better people on the other end. anyways. i can imagine it might be hard for some people, but i actually really enjoy my job, which is rare

your job def sounds important! you have to catch those before they become a problem! if you work in an office, do you have officemates whom you enjoy?

also,
bloodstainedwings:
here is my winter themed entry! (wasn't sure if the ping was necessary, but i am a rule follower remember? )
thanks linnea! i love it!

and yes! i have co-workers that i cant live without. I love them like family and am so grateful to have their support

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-31-2022 at 08:24 PM..