R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-20-2022, 03:24 AM

[fancy banner to be added did I just make my main one red and green for chirstmas? Yes, yes I did, shhhhh]

Hey everyone! It's so good to be back isn't it?!
Some of you may remember my avatar contest thread, Bring the Sexy Back (which I plan on reopening after the event! :D)

This will be an event version!
Please check below for all the info :3 Happy creating!

Rules:
• You may enter twice in each category but only one will be eligible to win (so you can't get 1st and 2nd etc. in a single category)

• DAC is allowed!

• If you've made a change to your entry after it's on the front page and you'd like it changed, go ahead and let me know. I don't mind updating as long as the contest is still active :3

• Make sure you use the form when initially posting your entries (updates don't need the form)

• Entries will be judged by me

• If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Last edited by R u b y; 12-23-2022 at 09:13 AM..

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:41 AM

Prizes (per theme):

First: 1000g
Second: 500g
Third: 100g

Themes and Forms

Christmas Colors!
Show me your best Christmas outfit! It can be silly or traditional or anything in between. Try to use red and green somewhere, but other color schemes are welcome as long as it's on theme. (Scenics not accepted in this theme)

HTML Code:
[center][u][b][size="6"][color=#e00005]Christmas Colors![/color][/size][/b][/u][b][/b][/center]
Username:
Entry Number: 
Entry: [img]link here[/img]
Description:
Comments (optional):
Scenic Christmas
This theme is all about the scene! Make a Christmas scene, any ideas are welcome as long as it's a scenic avatar (no body) centered around the holiday.

my example avi~

HTML Code:
[center][u][b][size="6"][color=#a1c405]Scenic Christmas[/color][/size][/b][/u][b][/b][/center]
Username:
Entry Number: 
Entry: [img]link here[/img]
Description:
Comments (optional):

Last edited by R u b y; 12-28-2022 at 02:21 PM..

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:41 AM

Entries

Christmas Colors!

Scenic Christmas

Entry Posts

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
wow those are great ideas!!! i cant wait to enter in this!

Scenic Christmas
Username: bloodstainedwings
Entry Number: 1
Entry:
Description: this is an outdoor christmas eve setting. My family always celebrates on christmas eve and we love to sing longs together while the snow falls outside.
Comments (optional):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
Christmas Colors!
Username: ghostPastry
Entry:
Description: My mulie wanted to dress up in drag for the event! There's nowhere really for her to post, so she's gonna strut her stuff here!
Comments (optional): wow, such whiplash from seeing that banner! so glad the Sexy is officially Back.
Quote:
Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: i will admit i was just having fun looking through al the older ei's and ci's and was trying to use as much of them that i thought i could get away with XD
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
Christmas Colors!
Username: Pistachio_Moustache
Entry:
Description: My butler has gotten the house decorated for Krimmas, and has dressed accordingly.
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: It's Krimmas, it's time for all the magical creatures to come out and spend time together whilst music plays through the air <3
Comments (optional):

Quote:
Christmas Colors!
Entry Number: 2
Entry:
Description: candy cane!
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
And right out the gate i am entering a contest. feels like i never left *cracks knuckles*

Scenic Christmas
Username: Linnea
Entry:
Description: In this scene Frosty the Snowman is being resurrected.
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
Christmas Colors!
Username: Alorrena
Entry:
Description: Rena is ready for the fancy Holiday Party.
Comments (optional):I couldn't figure out if i wanted a bit of green in there, but in the end i ended up with a monochromatic look. I think that's the most red i've ever used in any avatars i've ever made before. Also this was my first time using the DAC. It's a little intimidating if you don't know what tags will work for what you're looking for...
Quote:
Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: A nice cozy night on christmas eve
Comments (optional): I really didn't know what i was going for here, but this was also before i figured out how to use/get to the DAC. It also took me a moment to figure out what i was really going for here. Also, this is the first time since like 6 months after makin faces came out that I have removed it. Feels weird.
Quote:
Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: its Azlin from the chronicles of narnia, at the beginning where it all started
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: i wanted to stick with the three colors mainly, and then this little North Pole elf sort of manifested. soon she started to take a life of her own, as this mischievous and impish elf who perhaps spreads Christmas cheer by bringing laughter and silliness to all who is near.
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: Santa's worker drones are busy at work delivering presents and candy on the doorsteps of the good girls, pals, and boys. They're attracted to the pollen on wreaths, and Santa can send them remote instructions and coordinates. Also I just think they're cute.
Comments (optional):
Quote:
Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: Rena's ready and determined to defend the Christmas Ball from any that might threaten it
Comments (optional): It's a bit of an abstract idea, i know, but i really like how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Christmas Colors!
Username: Antagonist
Entry Number: 1?
Entry:
Description: Being all cozy and comfy indoors and opening presents with an adorable cat for company :D
Comments (optional): This is pretty much as festive as I can get xD;

Last edited by R u b y; 01-02-2023 at 01:37 PM..

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:42 AM

Winners

Thank you everyone so so much for entering my contests and being a part of my thread even if you just posted once I'm so happy we're back and I really appreciate all of you who kept me company and made this event even more special for me Without further ado, here's the winners!

Christmas Colors!

First Place: bloodstainedwings

I love this avi SO much The colors are just what I was hoping for and the layering is spectacular. Amazing work! I also loved your second entry :D

Second Place: Linnea

Again with the layering! These were hard to choose between for sure. BSW's colors won me over but I still love this lil elf (and layering! )

Third Place: Antagonist

This is such a wholesome and traditional christmas look and I love it :3 Especially the orange kitty on the head but I'm biased on that

Honorable Mentions:

Alorrena & PiM

Not because these are the only people left for this category but I really do love these looks

Rena your avi is such a fun idea and I love the face!
PiM your colors are so pretty and I love the green hair for the butler! Very dashing~

Scenic Christmas

First Place: Linnea

This is simply amazing! The theme is so creative and the execution is wonderful!! Well done!~

Second Place: Alorrena

This is what I had in my head when I made this theme A cozy fire, some nice presents, and you even added a snowman and snacks for Santa?! Perfection.

Third Place: bloodstainedwings

Again, I honestly can't pick between your two entries! I cannot get the Aslan avi out of my head. Seriously, every time I'm like "I gotta pick some winners" I immediately think of Aslan. I'm placing it 3rd only because 1st and 2nd give me more of a traditional cozy Christmas vibe and that's what I was after. But this is so creative and I love it!!! And your cave with the little kitty is so magical and cute!

Honorable Mentions: ghostPastry & PiM

Again, not that it's just because I don't want anyone to feel left out (and I don't) But these are both so cute as well and I appreciate them

ghostPastry: I love that you used older nostalgic items for this, it works and it brings back happy memories Thank you!

PiM: This is creative and I love how many lil critters you were able to get into one avi! I love the concept and I'd love to watch them play~

Last edited by R u b y; 01-03-2023 at 12:00 AM..

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:42 AM

Reserved just in case

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:43 AM

Open (when forum is open)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2022, 09:26 PM

wow those are great ideas!!! i cant wait to enter in this!

Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: this is an outdoor christmas eve setting. My family always celebrates on christmas eve and we love to sing longs together while the snow falls outside.
Comments (optional):

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-23-2022 at 10:55 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-23-2022, 11:28 PM

Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: My mulie wanted to dress up in drag for the event! There's nowhere really for her to post, so she's gonna strut her stuff here!
Comments (optional): wow, such whiplash from seeing that banner! so glad the Sexy is officially Back.

R u b y

Old 12-24-2022, 12:03 AM

Oh awesome entries already! :D Thanks!!

BSW: Aww thank you! I figured I'd do these or add a winter theme depending on what you chose so this all worked out :D I can't wait to make a winter avi for yours~ also you entry is super cute!!! you're also allowed 2 per theme if you so choose later~

Pastry: Aww she's adorable! ngl your comment made me teary eyed I'm honored to be a part of the mene memories~
And I'm it's back too! I missed running it

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2022, 12:27 PM

oh man ghostPastry: yours is too good!!! XD how can i compete!!?!

ok well here is my best shot!

Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: i will admit i was just having fun looking through al the older ei's and ci's and was trying to use as much of them that i thought i could get away with XD
Comments (optional):

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-24-2022 at 12:45 PM..

R u b y

Old 12-24-2022, 01:47 PM

Omg BSW that is gorgeous I love how you used the Midas skin with it!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2022, 02:39 PM

thanks! ya i might be making a new avatar like everyday right now cuz im having so much fun XD im fighting the urge to change more frequently then that. good the the DAC is working eh?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-24-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
oh man ghostPastry: yours is too good!!! XD how can i compete!!?!
oh i think you're competing just fine!! look at that layering! i love the bow with the wings and the cape, they line up so cleanly. i'm in trouble now

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 12-24-2022, 07:24 PM

Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: My butler has gotten the house decorated for Krimmas, and has dressed accordingly.
Comments (optional):

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 03:51 PM ----------

Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: It's Krimmas, it's time for all the magical creatures to come out and spend time together whilst music plays through the air <3
Comments (optional):

R u b y

Old 12-24-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
thanks! ya i might be making a new avatar like everyday right now cuz im having so much fun XD im fighting the urge to change more frequently then that. good the the DAC is working eh?
Omg I love your look rn too! You look like Cinderella! :3
And yes omg I missed the DAC so much

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 05:35 PM ----------

Great entries PiM!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2022, 10:26 PM

ya i made her for the "wish granting" that was ghost pastry's avatar contest!

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote:
oh i think you're competing just fine!! look at that layering! i love the bow with the wings and the cape, they line up so cleanly. i'm in trouble now
bwahahahaha! you set the bar so high, i had to compete

R u b y

Old 12-24-2022, 11:08 PM

Ooh another one?! I love avi contests~

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 07:09 PM ----------

OH, the daily prompts! My bad xD

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 08:30 PM ----------

Alrighty got all the entries updated :D

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-25-2022, 11:37 AM

ya its loads of fun! and i just cant help but change my avatar everyday. im trying not to change it multiple times a day. everything is just so fun!

---------- Post added 12-25-2022 at 08:10 AM ----------

Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: candy cane!
Comments (optional):

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-26-2022, 06:09 AM

And right out the gate i am entering a contest. feels like i never left *cracks knuckles*

Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: In this scene Frosty the Snowman is being resurrected.
Comments (optional):

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-26-2022, 08:48 AM

Christmas Colors!
Entry:
Description: Rena is ready for the fancy Holiday Party.
Comments (optional):I couldn't figure out if i wanted a bit of green in there, but in the end i ended up with a monochromatic look. I think that's the most red i've ever used in any avatars i've ever made before. Also this was my first time using the DAC. It's a little intimidating if you don't know what tags will work for what you're looking for...

Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: A nice cozy night on christmas eve
Comments (optional): I really didn't know what i was going for here, but this was also before i figured out how to use/get to the DAC. It also took me a moment to figure out what i was really going for here. Also, this is the first time since like 6 months after makin faces came out that I have removed it. Feels weird.

Last edited by Alorrena; 01-02-2023 at 06:00 AM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-26-2022, 01:05 PM

those are great entries!

Scenic Christmas
Entry:
Description: its Azlin from the chronicles of narnia, at the beginning where it all started
Comments (optional):

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-26-2022 at 01:23 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-26-2022, 07:39 PM

i agree with alorrena, it felt so weird unequipping and then making an avatar again XD it took me a minute to get the hang of things again and then to remember what items were in multi equips. man, i even used to remember what items could and couldn't layer over things. that information was long gone haha!

R u b y

Old 12-27-2022, 12:41 AM

You guys are knocking it out of the park with these avis! I'm so excited to see all of them Love your Aslan cosplay BSW!

---------- Post added 12-26-2022 at 08:53 PM ----------

Alright we're all updated! So many pretty entries

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-27-2022, 02:47 AM

i need to enter the christmas color one fo sho. i have to do something for my dungeon master first though, he got me and my campaignmates something, but we have to collect some information about or characters first aaaaand i was supposed to do it the day before christmas...and... i forgot >.>

R u b y

Old 12-27-2022, 05:20 AM

Haha no rush Linn~ this will be here til the end of the event~ (well technically the day before so I can announce winners) good luck with your campaign!