Bunnchopp

Old 08-12-2016, 10:04 PM

Heir of Fire (3rd book of the Throne of Glass Series)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-17-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
oooo ui can't wait to get it. i think my mother in law is getting it for us >.<
You will love it!! The first half is so intense - omg - I legit couldn't put it down. The second half happens quicker and I feel like the ending was rushed because of time for the play - but it's hardly anything in comparison to the story as a whole - so amazing!!!!!!

Quote:
I'll have to check it out sometime. i love studio ghibli. perhaps i can find out where the inspiration comes from for that particular movie?
I keep meaning to read it as well!! I think a lot of Studio Ghibli is actually based on books/stories to be honest - I think some are more loosely based than others (Like The Borrowers/The Secret of Arrietty) but I'm so intrigued by the stories that inspired those amazing works of art!! <3

---------- Post added 08-16-2016 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apicula View Post
Shadami: Yep! The movie and the book are vastly different from one another, but I love them both for their own reasons. The book is a quick, but very satisfying read. I'll often pick it up if I'm having a bad day and it cheers me right up.
Is it more like a novella than a full novel? I think I saw it on Amazon once but I completely forget about it until someone brings it up lol It's on my list for my next Amazon buying binge though!! :D

Meph Scwartzmann
Lufis

Old 08-19-2016, 09:51 PM

Started the Guardians of Ga’Hoole by Kathryn Lasky series now.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-27-2016, 12:25 AM

i haven't read the borrowers either >.> But i've read the littles :D

i'm currently reading a bunch of various Masao Masuto stories

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 AM

Currently, I would have to go with Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes and Wither by Lauren DeStefano. Both excellent series

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-16-2016, 03:04 AM

I'm currently reading one of the 87th precint books. I think its something about ten thousand eyes.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 PM

From a Drood to a Kill by Simon R. Green.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 10-21-2016, 11:58 PM

I just started reading two different series: Discworld and the Shannara Chronicles. I'm currently reading one of the Discworld books called "Mort".

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-24-2016, 05:28 PM

i've heard so many good things about Discworld. but i haven't read them myself.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 12-01-2016, 02:22 AM

I'm currently reading The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost.

It's a companion book to the cult classic tv show Twin Peaks that was released to get people hyped for the third season coming out next year. I'm already hyped for that so this is just a bonus. And what a bonus it has been. It's got two things I'm a sucker for: Unconventional storytelling and alt-history. It's written in the style of an FBI agent analyzing a mysterious manuscript pertaining to the history of the town, fact checking and providing little snip-its of personal commentary in the margins. It's so good. So. Good.

Apocalyptic
Wasteland Wanderer

Old 12-23-2016, 02:24 PM

The Psalm Killer by Chris Petit. I actually just finished it this morning. Pretty good book, I didn't expect the ending at all. It was a slow burner, but once it got going it had me hooked.

uncledaddy
swamp troll

Old 12-30-2016, 12:36 PM

reading stephen king's It. i had owned the book years and years ago (the library was selling it for very cheap and my mom bought it for me), but when i got about halfway through reading it, my mom suddenly changed her mind and decided she didn't want her teenager reading any EVIL SCARY BOOKS and she took it away from me. it was a first edition hardcover and everything.
soooo fast forward to a few months ago (hey, i don't have as much spare time to read as i'd like), i decided to ease over a decade of butthurt by hunting down another first edition hardcover. i could easily have gotten a paperback for less if i just wanted to finish reading the story, but this was a matter of principle.
anyway, it's a p good book.

reddeath26
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to reddeath26

Old 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM

I'm currently reading The Globalization of World Politics (6th edition) and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The first is, well, a textbook. It is still enjoyable though. The other gets quoted enough in social science texts to have piqued my curiosity. I am enjoying it a lot more than anticipated.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Wow. It's been so long since I've had time to leisurely read!! I'm finally finished with undergrad, and now as I wait for Grad to start I'm just taking it easy and working part time in addition to do doing events on the weekends, so I actually gave more time to read now!!

SO! I'm finally getting back to the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz with The Van Allen Legacy <3 I have some down time at work so now that I'm not frantic over 4-5 classes, that time can be filled with reading instead!! <3

Kystral

Old 02-18-2017, 01:06 AM

This looks like a very nice, but very quiet Forum. I have to wonder if it's worth it putting together my own Outlander thread.

Mm, well I'm currently in the middle of reading Ahsoka, because she is my favorite star wars character of all time, so seeing more of her story is always lovely.
I just finished reading the Muirwood trilogy, and that was very very good. I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy fantasy novels.

Of course, my favorite series of all time is the Outlander series, but I'm always re-reading one of the books or another.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kystral View Post
This looks like a very nice, but very quiet Forum. I have to wonder if it's worth it putting together my own Outlander thread.

Mm, well I'm currently in the middle of reading Ahsoka, because she is my favorite star wars character of all time, so seeing more of her story is always lovely.
I just finished reading the Muirwood trilogy, and that was very very good. I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy fantasy novels.

Of course, my favorite series of all time is the Outlander series, but I'm always re-reading one of the books or another.
Forums and threads can go from quiet to booming if you get enough people having a conversation!

I haven't read the Outlander books yet but I'm obsessed with the TV series - I can't wait for it to return!! I definitely need to get my hands on the books though :3

Beliar
*^_^*

Old 02-28-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamka Jaden View Post
I just started reading two different series: Discworld and the Shannara Chronicles. I'm currently reading one of the Discworld books called "Mort".
The Shannara trilogy is amazing, I read a lot of them between 5th-7th grade. I don't know a lot of people who have read them.

I just finished The Name of the Wind (it was decent, probably going to start book two soon) and I'm reading The Da Vinci code as of right now. I don't have much of an opinion about it yet, I'm not very far into it. I wanted to be able to compare it to the movie.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-22-2017, 11:42 PM

I'm reading Beastly Bones by William Ritter, the second book in the Jackaby series which follows a paranormal detective in the late 1800s, I think, in London? Anywya, it's a good read and not your run of the mill urban fantasy, that's for sure.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-23-2017, 01:38 AM

I've never heard of that but that sounds fascinating! :O I just finished reading the first Mercy Thomson book. I love mysteries and fantasy. <3

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-23-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I've never heard of that but that sounds fascinating! :O I just finished reading the first Mercy Thomson book. I love mysteries and fantasy. <3
It's actually based in the States, but the narrator is from Britain, so it's got that feel to it.

I don't think I've read any Mercy Thompson books ... Well, maybe a short story, actually.

Jellywish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2017, 07:28 PM

I'm currently reading Vol 3 of the Pokemon XY manga hahaha
I'm also planning on FINALLY getting into the Harry Potter series soon, as I have the first book :'3

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2017, 08:09 PM

I'm currently reading the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and a book of poems and lyrics by Leonard Cohen.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
It's actually based in the States, but the narrator is from Britain, so it's got that feel to it.

I don't think I've read any Mercy Thompson books ... Well, maybe a short story, actually.
I need to check that out at some point. It sounds good.

I'm rereading the warriors series by Erin hunter right now.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM

Currently, I am rereading the Harry Potter series. It's fun and I haven't read it in a while. It's easy enough reading for long trips and I've been traveling a lot lately.

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-31-2017, 06:36 PM

Cassandra Clare: Lord of Shadows, currently.

Peter F. Hamilton: The Neutronium Alchemist is next on my list.