Banned

Old 07-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-26-2007, 04:32 PM

MENEWSHA SUMMER CARNIVAL 2007Event
  • WELCOME!

First of all, I'd like to welcome to you to the first Menewsha Summer Event, aside from the Valentines, St. Patricks and Easter events respectively - this carnival event is entirely user run!

But wait! Aren't two of the hosts moderators, and aren't you yourself Dare, part of the Menewsha staff? This event initiated into the realms of planning on the 21st May 2007, at that time - I hadn't become a moderator (this was to happen a week later to the date).

However, I still open this event with the same realization and hope I did when I started to plan it.

For the community, by the community.

Enjoy yourselves everyone!~
  • WHY?

As there is a fair gap between the months of April and the easter event, until the probable coming of the Halloween event at the end of October; I thought it might be quite fun for some sort of user run week event during the summer to involve the community in.

The event entails games, events and activities and boasts summer theme. Now decided upon as carnival.

Like I said, I would have not done this if it wasn't for the encouragement and community spirit here on Menewsha - I felt that it would be an excellent opportunity to get everyone together again and celebrate as Menewsha earns more and more attention, and popularity. The community has changed since previous events, and it's time to familiarize yourself with new faces, chill, enjoy and win some prizes!
  • WHO AM I?

Hi there, I'm Dare - and I'm a user just like you ;). Apart from the moderator title, and duties it entails; I enjoy the site to the same degree as everyone else here. I became moderator on 28th May, of this year.

I joined the site on the 10th March, and have been more or less active since then; only taking hiatus when cards had frustrated me to the point of breaking point. I haven't achieved anything too ground breaking on the site yet, I haven't had a self defining thread, or moment. But I have had the opportunity to meet some amazing people, I've had the opportunity of authority and had the opportunity to enjoy the diversity of Menewsha.

Enjoy the event everyone~ and thank YOU for making this possible.

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM

CARNIVAL & MAIN THREAD EVENTS
  • WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
  • Grand Prize:
    (1) Queen's Crown

Runner Up!:
    (1) Female Menewsha Tee!

^ (The winners of these prizes will be announced on Saturday).

Other:
    (1) Nature Cloak Won by Jesmond(Trivia)
    (1) Sash of Chaos Won by Julianna(Placebo, "Daddy Cool", Boney M)
    (1) Sash of Chaos Won by `L o g a n(Level 61, Gallow)
    (1) Scarf of Order Won by Seito (Favorite Pokemon: Gengar)
    (1) Fan of Darkness Won by Torikat(Trivia)
    (1) Bunny Hairpin Won by [.Shake.Yo.Money.Makah.] (Pokemon Diamond (DS))
    (1) 50g Won by [.Shake.Yo.Money.Makah.] (Angelina Jolie)
    (1) 200g Won by orange (The Killers "Exitlude")
    (1) A chickie on my head!Won by Flying Wings (Swimming)
    (1) Pierced Bunny Headband Won by `L o g a n (Moths)
    (1) White Bunny Plushie Won by Ithir("The Scientist" By Coldplay)
  • HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON A PRIZE IN THIS THREAD?

Stick around, have fun, and keep your eyes peeled for the mini events and games I'll be throwing!

Carnival groove~!

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM

RULES AND GUIDELINES
  • Remember at all times, to follow both Menewsha's Rules and ToS, failure to comply will result in warning, and if further warnings are given - you will be reprimanded furthermore. Please don't spoil the event for anyone else!
  • A reminder on spamming and spambots, remain diligent, and remember to report all suspicious activity which appear on the event forum to a Moderator or alternatively Community Manager (not Joshimitsu however! You should never PM Josh (admin) ). [A reminder on spamming]
  • I found something on the event forum and I need to report it to a moderator immediately! - Please direct yourself to the forum index, scroll all the way to the bottom, down to the 'WHO is ONLINE' list; and make sure a moderator is available. If not, you may PM a Community Manager or Developer, please refer to the staff list/how to report thread before doing this however: Staff List/How to Report
  • I'm not sure what kind of threads to post here? You can post any sort of thread you want, specific 'event' hangout types, art freebies, event discussion threads etc. However, what we don't want to see is other suited discussion; such as 'General' discussion.
    Threads such as: What did you have for breakfast today? (General Discussion), Have you played the new game 'Fight Punch' for the PS3? (Computers & Video Games), Selling a red rose for 20g! (Menewsha Exchange), What do I do at this event? (Information Desk) etc
    Will be moved to the appropriate places (highlighted by the brackets) - use common sense, if you are unsure of where something may go - a moderator is only a PM away, and will always offer advice and help.
  • Follow all specific event threads rules and guidelines! There might be some addressed, so please take note of them.
  • Overall, be polite, kind, and considerate to one another and try and enjoy the Carnival! Community spirit everyone!! Failure to comply will result in banhammer ;)

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-26-2007, 04:35 PM

SPECIAL THANKSGO TO...
  • HOSTS;;
  • Without you, this would not have been possible, thank you for all your hard work and dedication!
    Sizzla, Aries, FlinkPamingo, Aliena, magaly, Tuba (original), Gabriel, Lilim and jellysundae.
  • VOLUNTEERS;;
  • Lilithia, Caroline, Chunsa-chan, Tyler, Atticus, Scribble Me Orange, CrinkledStraw, Aliena, swanniee, Candiie, Naeru, Teh Linh, Ayx, Winnsome, jellysundae, FlinkPamingo, Sapphyre800, Jesmond, LessThanThree, Mike, iGeek,Onagoshi, Trinitydoll, WitheredInnocence, King, Sandra, The Magical Leoplurodon, Nesseh, Sizzla, Donna, lil_miss_ninja, Kiami, Mad Hatter,superkatti, Nightingale, Tuba, AkashaHeartilly, and Rawrsaurus.
  • FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS;;
  • Caroline, Chunsa-chan, Atticus, WitheredInnocence, Lilith W, King, Kira Bell, swanniee, Naeru, FlinkPamingo, Trinitydoll, clevernamepending, and Sandra

• DONATIONS;;
  • 840g + 1415g = 2255g Vanilla
  • Scepter of Chaos CrinkledStraw
  • 50g CrepsleyKabob
  • 5000g Yumehayla :shock:
  • 100g Lilim
  • 60g Navidian
  • 40g LoveHana
  • 100g Chunsa-Chan
  • 100g Contributed by ` L o g a n
  • Fan of Darkness Contributed by Username Censored
  • Tigra the Tiger Contributed by Trinitydoll
  • A lot! Contributed by jellysundae
  • July set. Contributed by Capsule
  • 200g Contributed by Fiziali
  • 250g Contributed by Jesmond
  • 25g Contributed by starbucks
  • Cloak of Nature, 250g, & Sash of Chaos/Scarf of Order Contributed by chiairen hoshino
  • 24.83g Contributed by Kasumi
  • Queen's Crown :shock: Contributed by AkashaHeartilly
  • 400g + 1x Bunny Hairpin Contributed by `Mel
  • 150g Contributed by Tyler
  • Female Menewsha T-shirt, Nature cloak, Healing cloak! o_o <3 Contributed by swanniee
  • EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS;;
  • Cupcakette: For the fabulous banners!
    jellysundae: For being a fantastic mentor, friend, and ear. Without her, this event wouldn't have come together as easily. I thank her for her continued guidance, advice and loyalty. Thank you so much.
    Tuba, CrinkledStraw, swanniee, & MelonFairy (and anyone else): For keeping the links plugged in their signatures at all times! Thank you for spreading the word!
    Lilithia: For encouraging me to start the planning thread in the first place!
    swanniee: For encouragement and support (and also for the 'Planning Thread' banner - which was wonderfully vibrant, and dynamic).
    The admins, mods, and developers who work here: For their continued efforts to make Menewsha a better place for all.
    And everyone here on Menewsha: For their community spirit! Let's party!

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-28-2007, 07:05 PM

Yay It's open!

suppi
sleepyhead

Yaay! xDD

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Woo~! The event has started n__n

Rhythm
hiatus

Whoo~!!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:06 PM

xD
This opened up as I was putting on my pants. ~ <3

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Yay! *passes cake to everyone in the thread*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 07:07 PM

ooh, is it funnel cake? got to have proper carnival food

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Absolutely it's funnel cake! With powdered sugar sprinkled on top!

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Finally, the carnival is here! <3

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Welcome everybody! :D

Sylira
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:08 PM

Yay! It's open!

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

• ♥ » yay! its opened. 8DD <33

`Mel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to `Mel

Yey it's open :)
Congrats!

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

The carnival is HERE! Thanks, Dare, and everyone else who made this possible. LET THE FUN BEGIN! ^__^

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM

I was busy reading all those posts on the first page...xDD

cupcakette
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM

woo, how exciting x3

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 07-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Woo, carnival!
^__^

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:13 PM

This is exciting. It's the first event I get to participate in on Mene :)

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 PM

Yaay!
It's already started! =o

But I have to go eat Dx

I'll come participate and have fun later Cx

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 PM

Okay! First mini game to start us off.

It's for one of the contribution items for this month of July; that's either a Scarf of Order or a Sash of Chaos (that are now unavailable).

All you have to do is guess the song I'm listening to, based on the following clues.

CLUES
  • A song from the 70s.
  • Covered by the band I'm listening to right now.
  • It's an effect of some sort. (In regards to the bands name)
  • The lead singer is very popular, and usually quite controversial.

Guess~ :D