Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 PM

"Be careful where you step. This is a hallowed corn dog graveyard. The cotton candy is just to keep the newest arrival company in its journey to corn dog heaven." Jurupa Mae giggled at how utterly crazy that must sound.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Star Glanced down and caught a glimpse of the time on her watch
"Oh no!" She cried "I completely forgot!"

She whirled round and gave the people at the 'bench of wonder' a short bow
"I'm sorry, but i must go for a while, i have forgotten to feed my dog! She must be starving! I'll come back soon, so i'll hopefully see you guys around."

She waved Politely before spinning around again and taking off in the direction of the exit, Her jacket flying behind her.

(Small note: It's late, i've gotta go to bed now, i'll catch you guys later)

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Shakey sees the red haired boy looking at her. Stereo? That is his name apparently. She shrugs and says "Oh nothin, I just thought you were following me"

She hears a sharp giggle coming from behind her. The giggling girl was also pretty unusual looking but Shakey smiles non the less. "Hello there Star Valo" She smiles.

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM

"I am sure you can think of something to write, Suteki :3" Tinelle said happily. "Oh thankyou! I will try to post as fast as I can when it comes down to it!" She said with a determined look on her face.

"Okay!" Tinelle agreed, following Suteki to a bench.

((Sorry I left like that x'D I had to go have some lunch))

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-28-2007, 09:42 PM

"Hah, thanks. I'm pretty sure I can, but still... there's that doubt I always have," Suteki said. "And no problem, there is good competition there."

Suteki started to walk off with Tinelle, trying to find some place to sit. All of the seats were taken. "Well, I guess we'll have to sit with someone. Where should we sit?"

((That's okay. If I don't post for a while, it's probably because I'm eating dinner :3))

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 PM

"Well I was." He said to Shakey, sticking out his chin. "And now I'm not." There wasn't any reason to, for he rather liked this place. Barely having time to wave goodbye to the person on the bench-of-wonder as she ran past them all. Something about her dog, she had said. Stereo would have liked a dog, but that was beyond the point.

Now that there was more room on the bench-of-wonder that sat over the graves of the corn dog and cotton-candy fluff, he settled down on it, crossing his legs and dusting off his bare feet.

"What's it like in corn dog heaven?" He asked Jurupa Mae curiously, now dusting the dust he'd dusted off his feet from his hands, before finally brushing his hands off on the sides of his pants.

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 PM

"You're welcome, well even if you don't win it is always good to try!" Tinelle said. "It seems like it! I think it will be fun to participate."

Tinelle also skimmed the Carnival area for two open seats. "Maybe we should ask someone if he could join them?" Tinelle said gesturing to the other people.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Jurupa Mae waved goodbye to Star and turned back to look at Stereo.

"Well, I can only imagine that there are corn dogs floating around with little wings or something... or maybe they wait to be reincarnated in to bigger better corn dogs so that people like us can enjoy them. I'm not sure really, only that I hope Gabriel's corn dog finds peace."

She laughed and scanned the crowd again, seeing yet another person sauntering up to the bench.

"Hi there!"

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 PM

"Yeah, it is fun just to participate. I guess I'll try to create something anyways," Suteki said, smiling.

Suteki looked towards where Tinelle was talking about, and saw some open seats at a table. "I guess, they don't look like they'd shun us," Suteki said, walking off towards the group.

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM

"I would like to read your entry if you make one," Tinelle complimented.

Tinelle followed Suteki, and they met up with jurupamae sitting at the table.

"Hello jurupamae! Mind if we sit here with you?" She questioned.

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 PM

"Do they want to be eaten?" He raised a red eyebrow staring at the patch of disturbed earth where the corn dog had been buried. "I mean, I suppose it makes sense, since they're food and all. Food is supposed to be eaten, and I guess it would be... a compliment to it, if we liked it. Still, it does sound somewhat odd, does it?"

Despite everything he was rather glad that he wasn't a corn dog. But he couldn't think much more about the matter, because Jurupa Mae was waving at someone else already - he looked up, trying to figure out who exactly it was, out of the large crowd around them. With so many movements all over the place, it was hard to single out who was coming in their direction and who wasn't.

But then they moved closer and - he'd seen them before while he was slinking around, he supposed. Smiling slightly he pulled a hand out of his pocket to wave - before quickly hiding it again.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM

"Thanks, I'll show it to you if you don't see it," Suteki said, smiling as they walked.

She looked at the person in front of them, waiting for a response. She didn't look like she'd say no, but as always, Suteki worried.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 07-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Shakey eyes the red haired boy AKA Stereo. "So why were you following me?" She questions narrowing her eyes.

But just before he answers, she skips off to get a stick of candyfloss.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 PM

"Well, I'm not sure of their actual purpose in life, but it seems to me they exist to be eaten." Jurupa Mae shrugged.

Turning to the new arrivals she smiled and scooted over, gently scooting Stereo over as well. "Of course you can sit here. I'm Jurupa Mae and this is Stereo. Nice to meet you!"

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM

"Thank you," Suteki said, sitting down. "Nice to meet you Jurupa Mae and Stereo. My name is Suteki," she said, smiling politely.

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 10:05 PM

"Don't worry Suteki," Tinelle said calmly.

"Nice to meet you Jurupa Mae!" Tinelle greeted kindly. "Are you enjoying the carnival so far?"

"Hello Stereo," she added with a smile.

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 10:05 PM

"I - um - " He looked up at Shakey, not really sure how he could answer. "I was - " But then she was gone, a flurry of movement in the direction of the cotton candy stall. He shrugged slightly before turning back to look at Jurupa Mae and the two newcomers, smiling again.

"Hi." He ventured, pushing himself off to the side to make more room on the bench - not that the bench-of-wonders ever seemed to run out of space. The two seemed friendly enough, and it was just what he'd been hoping for - to meet some people, for certainly he didn't know enough of them as of yet. "I've only been around for a week or so." He grinned. "So it's nice to meet you and all. I don't really know my way around all too well yet."

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM

Sits down next to Jurupamae.
"are we discussing the deeper meaning of the corn dog?
I'll admit to never having sampled one myself, did Gabriel's dog pass for a worthy cause?"

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 PM

"I just got here myself. Rolled out of bed late and ran here as soon as I could. So far I've made it as far as this bench, which has been really fun so far. How bout you?"

She moved over suddenly to make room for Jelly who had plopped down with them. "I'm not sure. All I know is that when I got here there was a funeral of sorts and a sense of loss for the dog. I'm guessing it is flying around with its little angel wings similar to Gabriel's right about now."

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 PM

"Yes the carnival seems quite enjoyable" Tinelle said nodding towards Jurupa.
"So far I have glanced over the trivia--can't wait for the next round to start, and I entered the raffle. I hope to enter the avatar contest too if I can get some more items by then."

Tinelle smiled, "This is the first Menewsha event I have been too and it seems like fun." She stated.

Tinelle looked over towards jellysundae, "Hello, nice to meet you here" she greeted, smiling. "Oh corn dogs," she said, "one of the ultimate Carnival foods." she continued laughing.

"Would anyone care for one?" She said glancing towards the stand labelled "Corn Dogs" in large red letters.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM

"Sure, why not! We can pay homage to its fallen commrade!"

She handed Tinelle some gold. "Just a plain one will be fine, oh and a soda. Would you like me to come with you?"

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM

"I've never had a corn dog either." He blinked uncertainly, wondering what they tasted like... what they looked like, actually. He'd seen so many people carrying every type of food possible around today, he could only guess at what was a corn dog and what wasn't.

"I'd like to try one." He ventured, fiddling around with his fingers in his lap. If anything, the stall selling them just a ways away smelled pretty nice, and he was hungry anyway. "How much do they cost?" Not that he had all that much money on him, but certainly he could run about and find some more if he had to.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 PM

"It's sort of the law to eat corn dogs at a carnival anyway i believe"
jelly muses "i believe there's a mandate about elephant's ears too, but if i eat much more i wont be able to shift from this bench"

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 10:32 PM

"Alright, Jurupa." Tinelle said heading to the stand, "You can come if you would like" she added.

"They cost 5 gold, Stereo." Tinelle replied looking over towards the stand and reading the price on the tiny menu, full of sugary sweets.

"I believe it is, jellysundae." Tinelle said with a small laugh.
"Elephant ears?" Tinelle questioned, "I have never heard that one before."

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 PM

"Elephant ears are divine! Little pieces of fluffy bread like stuff with powdered sugar and honey and all sorts of things. Out here they are called Navajo Fry bread. Love them!"