Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-29-2015, 07:30 AM

I think your post may have gotten cut off Phoenix! I'm afraid I don't understand what you might have been trying to say!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-29-2015, 09:55 AM

Edited for better understanding

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Ahhh I get what you meant now! Thank you for the clarification lol! <3

Have you watched any of those at all? :D

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-29-2015, 09:10 PM

yup.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 PM

Oh awesome. What did you think of them? :)

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-29-2015, 11:17 PM

Danmachi I loved, but then again I'm a gamer by trade so yeah. The others I'm just starting but what I've seen so far is pretty awesome.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-30-2015, 01:55 AM

I know how you feel! The gamer in me totally geeked out while watching it. I also loved that it took a new spin on Mythology because I'm a huge Greek Mythology geek so that just upped the level of move for me. I absolutely adored all aspects of it and can't wait for the second season. I know it won't air for awhile, but I hope it's less than a year! I'm totally missing it already lol!

---------- Post added 06-29-2015 at 10:00 PM ----------

I actually finished the 7 Witches last night - such a great ending! Definitely enjoyed it and felt it did well as a 12 episode season - I wouldn't mind a couple OVAS but I feel the story ended well

I've just started watching GJ Club and KINMOZA! - GJ Club is really good but Kinmoza is okay - I like it but the voices are very high pitched so I'm a little meh with it. I still like it though :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-30-2015, 02:18 AM

I understand. I have a ton of animes to catch up on, and the summer animes that I'll be adding to the list aren't helping. I just finished Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) and I honestly cannot wait for the movie that we'll be getting (hopefully) later this year, along with the Date-A-Live movie. Currently I'm getting through Juuou Mujin no Fafnir but also trying to catch up on World Trigger as well among many other animes ^^;;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 AM

Fate/Stay and Date-A-Live are both on my list to watch! They look really good! :3 I know what you mean about trying to keep up though - I've never come across anime that is live airing before, and it's definitely overwhelming! Especially with regular TV on top of it lol! It's really helpful having a myanimelist.net account to help keep track of everything - otherwise I'd be totally lost Although I feel like I've added a ton to my Plan to Watch and Watching lists without really gaining because for every series I finish, 5 more get added to my list lol I don't feel like I'm gaining at all!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-30-2015, 02:58 AM

I have a folder on my bookmark list and between that and animefreak.tv I keep up with my animes. And yeah, there's also real life TV as well to keep up with. Blacklist, OuaT, SHIELD are a few. I also need to catch up on Suits and Nashville. I tried starting watching "The Whispers" but it was just a bit on the creepy side for me.

---------- Post added 06-30-2015 at 01:06 AM ----------

Has anyone seen Love Live? I've heard some good things about it and a little curious about it myself to be honest.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-30-2015, 03:48 PM

Loveeee OuaT! Can't wait for the new season!!

I'm also watching Becoming Us, Tyrant, Melissa & Joey, PLL and some others - I'm also checking out Zoo and Humans - not sure if they'll be any good but they look it based on previews!

I agree on The Whispers - too creepy for me as well! I've watched movies similar in plot and I think I could have done a movie, but not an every week series.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about that one!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-30-2015, 09:45 PM

alright.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Awhile ago I watched the original Rozen Maiden series and absolutely loved it. I legit cried during at least half of it, mainly through the actual Alice games. Well, because of that I've been avoiding the 2013 TV remake of it, and now that I'm watching it I'm highly unimpressed. It goes by wayyyy too fast and you get no connection with the characters. So those who get defeated you really have no emotion over and you really have no emotion over who does what. They also changed the dolls' personalities and roles from the original, which I don't like either. If anyone is interested in Rozen Maiden, watch the original 2 seasons! The 2013 version is just not in the same league. Or if you want to watch both, watch 2013 first so you won't be as disappointed in it. :(

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-01-2015, 12:31 AM

thanks for the heads up!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-01-2015, 12:37 AM

Of course! :) It reminds me of Hana Yori Dango - amazingggg anime series. Even loved the Japanese live-drama of it! But the anime movie based itself around a dance school and it was just aweful the way they changed things and characters. The Korean remake of the drama was also horrible (mainly due to the acting of the main girl character) and I couldn't connect with it either. I feel like this is kind of like Hana Yori Dango all over again! Speaking of.... now I want to watch that again lol!

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 07-01-2015 at 01:55 AM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-01-2015, 12:55 AM

lol you dork.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-01-2015, 01:53 AM

Oh good lord. I just read back my post and every time I wrote Hana Yori Dango by stupid text changed it....can you tell I'm mobile at the moment?? I even fixed it but apparently before I posted it changed itself. Lmao. Wow. That was a brilliant moment. I at least hope you understood?

---------- Post added 06-30-2015 at 09:56 PM ----------

But yeah - totally adding that to my list to re-watch. I've rewatched it a few times already - definitely a fave! <3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-01-2015, 02:28 AM

gotcha.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 AM

Assassination Classroom
Sailor Moon: Crystal
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Fairy Tail (2014)
Kill la Kill
One Piece
Ranma ½

I also just finished The Devil is a Part-Timer! and it was good.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-01-2015, 04:45 AM

Besides Sailor Moon Crystal (haven't watched it yet so I cannot judge) all those animes are good choices. Especially DanMachi.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-01-2015, 04:57 AM

Definitely recommend Sailor Moon Crystal - such a good summary series ! I think they've done great with it personally. I'm so mad that the episode after this coming Saturday is the last one though!! I really hope they remake the movies after continue on with the other 3 seasons. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet lol! It's already torture this season is ended. I feel like we had so many setbacks and extended release dates with thus eson and I'm afraid it'll happen again lol

Dungeon was really good though - ends with such a cliffhanger! I really hope the next season is soon! <3

Ranma 1/2 is a great choice too - I still need to finish it but haven't found time to search for the dubbed version - much easier to watch anime on the Roku through Hulu or Crunchyroll

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-01-2015, 10:08 AM

From what I heard about Dungeon is that we blasted through the first 6 of 8 books, or something along those lines

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 07-01-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
Besides Sailor Moon Crystal (haven't watched it yet so I cannot judge) all those animes are good choices. Especially DanMachi.
Over all I think the Sailor Moon Crystal is very good and I am hoping that it will get another season. I never saw the original Sailor Moon anime, but now I am going to have to make time to watch it all the way thought.

I am also very happy to know that The Devil is a Part-Timer! and Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? are both adapted form novels. Also as far as I know the novles for both of them have been adapted into manga.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-01-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
From what I heard about Dungeon is that we blasted through the first 6 of 8 books, or something along those lines
Oh wow seriously?? How many books total are there?0 It left so many unanswered questions though! I mean it could definitely be finished in a second 13 episode series, with maybe some OVAs, but that's crazy that 13 episodes covered so many books! O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoKitsune View Post
Over all I think the Sailor Moon Crystal is very good and I am hoping that it will get another season. I never saw the original Sailor Moon anime, but now I am going to have to make time to watch it all the way thought.

I am also very happy to know that The Devil is a Part-Timer! and Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? are both adapted form novels. Also as far as I know the novles for both of them have been adapted into manga.
Oo - definitely watch the original! The Japanese set has more episoded, but I grew up on the original English dub so I always recommend that one lol you either love it or hate it! But definitely check out one of them! So good. <3

I think I just saw the Devil is a part timer somewhere - I didn't know that was based on a novel too. I also didn't know dungeon got turned into a manga! YAYYY! Will definitely be looking for that now! :D

KrysusKitten
The Tentacle Lady

Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Sooo many series to watch that have just started so overall there's a lot but the series I'm most excited for or already enjoying are;

Akagami no Shirayukihime
Aoharu x Kikanjuu (has such an Ouran High School Host Club feel!)
DanMachi
Ore Monogatari!!
Seraph of the End

Definitely a year full of enjoyable series :3