Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Morana gave a slight bow of her head and that same smile of mischief towards the other girl, the bracelet on her wrist seeming to have fallen into a contented silence. She gave the ancient thing, itself older then vampires, much of the magic from the blood. As expected it had taken in every bit it could and was satisfied. In demons, that which it was created around killing, it would absorb their powers. In this case Morana wasn't quite sure what it would do... or what she herself could do. The whole reason she could become various cats were they were her animal to call. If she hadn't held back some of the power of her blood it could have had... interesting results in the girl. As is she hadn't' a clue what it'd do. She seemed content enough...

She had felt the man's touch of the river but was not particularly interested. Unless directly attacked she didn't much care what powers others had. Hell, even if attacked she hadn't survived this long destroying demonic creatures because she didn't have a few tricks of her own. Most vampires did but the trinket was useful in one way, it gave her more. So she simply leaned wordlessly against the tree, watching the others in that aloof sort of way a cat might.

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 AM

Maecrux smiled. "Ah! Fae? No matter, luckily for you, perhaps quite unluckily for me, I have learned to trust forest folk in the utmost." He took one step, so that if they were previously pretty close, they were now at the perfect distance. He whispered, first to himself, not caring who heard, "Fesri, Ensdu, and Ceuroa, Gods of Fire, forgive me." The to his new probably-friend, talking as quickly as he could, "I have, housed in my mind and body, and merged with my own spirit, the thoroughly powerful soul of a dragon elder, Dyvren. We can hear each other's thoughts, and at his will, I may use his power. Being eternally grateful to me, he doesn't mind, and I get to be just past the prime of my life for eternity, so it would be a mixed bag, except that it's an abomination, that may not be spoken of amongst human or dragon. The Gods of Fire themselves are angry. But a Fae--a mixed species yourself, would understand, right?"

Tancileena
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Tabby stood rooted to the spot. A dragon. She thought, dumbfounded. She would have never guessed. Tabby took a second glance at Maecrux, chiding herself for writing him off as harmless. Every single person here was dangerous, if after a fashion. It wouldn't make sense to bring a weak human to such a dangerous place. She could only imagine the scolding her mother would be giving her now, and her tail twitched in amusement. Her long raven hair would be braided loosely, wisps falling to frame her softly lined face, which would be stern from reproach. One hand would be on her belted waist, the other would be shaking, a finger pointed at Tabby's nose, making her cross eyed. Her shirt would be billowy, the long skirts would be swishing, the little bells on the hems would be lightly tinkling. She could hear her mother say "Tabitha, you mustn't ever underestimate a soul, no matter how innocent or harmless they may seem." Goodness, Tabby missed her mother. She must be beside herself with panic at the discovery of her eldest's disappearance into thin air. Tabby's ears drooped, homesickness once again welling up in her chest.

Last edited by Tancileena; 10-15-2012 at 09:04 AM..

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-13-2012, 03:57 AM

Hikari nodded."O-of course,I understand." She said.She was surprised to hear that the man was fused with a dragon.She knew he wasn't fully human,but she certainly hadn't expected that. "If you don't mind my asking...are you able to look like a dragon? I heard that dragons are able to shape-shift...is that true?" She asked politely and curiously.

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM

((Not feeling too inspired. There are a couple of things to play off though. We should try to leave the clearing as soon as more ))

"Very true, but it's probably dangerous, so maybe I'll demonstrate when the time comes," and he just finished saying this when he realized that at least two people heard it. It was no longer a secret, and it wouldn't have been a good thing if it was.
Dyvren!
Yes?
I don't think like that. You would have been great to keep secret.
Ah, secrets always cost you, they eat your mind. Think of Gashta.
That's a fine thought, but you thought for me, and how did you know about the secret passion? That story isn't known outside the city. It can't be!
I can only apolagise. I should have told you, that it is very likely that we will become one mind. I'll try to keep you intact.

Maecrux didn't want to argue, that would have taken too long. He only sighed and mumbled: "Feshgu and Serta, Jesva; from two cups, one." He was surprised how many odd things an invocation existed for, and comforted that he would always have guidance. He turned to the fae and said, "But maybe it won't hurt to demonstrate something dragon-ish. He tried to be in the state of mind he was in earlier, that little rumbing was harmless, wasn't it? A red mist, a stretch of the eye away from a dragon silhouette, appeared from his body. He could only sigh.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM

Hikari gasped,eyes widening,hands flying to cover her mouth."Oh,my!" She said quietly,her innocent face a mask of wonder."No wonder Father Forest brought you here-you are truly an amazing being!" She said,her iridescent wings lifting her off the ground as she flew in a circle around the dragon man,inspecting him from every angle."Does it cost you much energy to do such things?"

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Maecrux sighed, it was the beginning of the end for him. Soon he would be a voice in the mind of Dyvren, so he should probably make the most out of his last few days of humanity.

For instance, he was aware of being flattered by the attention he was receiving from the faerie, and of the respect he had for her, but he was almost as aware of Dyvren's disillusionment. And how that respect didn't stem from her achievment, or even from a first impression. but from the culture of a small town that was only as relevant as he makes it. Maecrux had come to recognise this as typical dragon thinking, and he sighed.

"So you'll probably be talking to Dyvren soon. He's the dragon. The energy comes from the ambient magic, and there's a lot of that here. He's very friendly," and he smiled a little at that. "So, how long have you been here?"

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 AM

Hikari stopped in front of the man and smiled."Father Forest brought me here about two sunrises ago.I was on my way here in the first place,because I felt drawn to the place,but I think I wouldn't have been able to get in if I wasn't invited." She said,her face shining with innocence."So,I will be able to speak with this dragon? How interesting! I never would have gotten such a chance if I hadn't come here."

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 AM

"Ah," the man was now smiling, as if to counter Hikari's innocence, a mature, knowing smile that comes only after a lifetime of struggle, and generally being alright with everything. "Yes, strange things happen." and for a moment that sureness made him comparable to Dyvren in strength. Good. Thought a being somehow less innocent than he. "So, Father Forest is a god? A spirit? He's probably a good fellow. I think Dyvren can talk to him for you. Maybe a certain diplomacy on our part?

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 AM

Hikari giggled."Father Forest is...he is the forest.every forest has a spirit,just like people do,and the spirit that rules all of the forests is Father Forest.he is kind of like what the humans call Mother Earth.there are other spirits,too-lots of them! but there are just a few ruling spirits.Father Forest is the spirit of the forests,and Mother Ocean is the spirit of all the water,and there is Sister Wind and Brother Fire.all other spirits are ruled by those four.my people,the Fae,are children of Father Forest,though there are other types of Fae who were born of wind or water or fire.I,myself,am a daughter of Father Forest and Mother Moon.in simpler terms,I am a moon fairy." she explained,fluttering her wings so that they caught the light and shone like prisms reflecting moonlight.

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Now Dyvren was interested,but more reservedlty than Maecrux. "I see. Well, I don't want to seem like I'm interrogating you, so I'll tell you about my oun beleif." This is how Maecrux usually went through life, like a game, to be played and enjoyed, and maybe won. It annoyed Dyvren who understood the world as being like a dance: either learn the steps and put on a show, or focus on your own joy, gathered from moving limbs, and make sure nobody's looking, or somewhere in between. "I beleive in any number of gods, all of whom watch over my village. They have gone through everything any being has, and so we call on them for help and guidance. Women giving birth might call upon Erda, a Goddess of Water, guide her baby out of its womb. An elder dying sees Wratha, Lady of Death, standing over her, smiling, and comforting her. There are more stories than I thought anyone would need, such as one where a god of wind is forever joined to a god of fire as a punishment for something. The point is, that's what Dyvren and I are doing! And, finally, there was a confederation of Gods of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind, creating the first expansive forest," and he frowned, after realizing that the Fae's beleifs seem purer than his, less tainted with politics, scandal, and ill gotten glory, "Trees were created so Earth and Wind could talk to each other, and water was needed for that. Fire was needed to keep it clean. It was great, but eventually they did exactly as humans and created a beaurocratic mess. After that, the forest was finally appointed a king, Bedeam, who talked to everyone as they went their ways. Like Father Forest, has his ways, and he loves all sorts of people. Maybe he intends to teach us something to take home, or just wants company."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 AM

Hikari listened with interest,her wings fluttering slightly.She was always interested in other people's beliefs.It was her understanding that most beliefs had alot in common,and could often be traced back to the same beginnings."oh,that is an interesting view.Maybe your forest king Bedeam is related to my Father Forest.Or perhaps they are one in the same.I suppose we aren't really meant to know.But it is fun to think about." She said,smiling.