Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM

*smiles* Probably.

Yeah, waiting to get the setting might be good for writing history.

Well, it's no problem, as you found it anyway, Pap.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Only cause Kage gave me a link. ^^

I'm planning on starting to work on my character profile now. Not sure if I should use one I have already, or if I shoudl do this from scratch.

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Oh, well, that still means you found it. And weren't you thinking of using Uriel? Or have you decided not to?

I'm working more on Ver myself. Trying to flesh her out and think of little things.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM

i can wait lol glad ya'll are having fun

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM

I'm debating on using Uriel ... I thought I would, but I'm not so sure now. Coming up with a fun quirky character sounds like it'd be interesting. Sheesh, I could even use Karlin!

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM

*chuckles* Karlin and Sil in the same RP? That sounds like a dangerous combination.

Kilia, did you need any help with your character, or are you still just waiting to work on her more?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM

Don't tell me you aren't tempted to see what kind of mischief those two could get up to. *grins*

Oh and the riddle in your siggy, it's a clock, isn't it?

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM

Karlin? That could be good, I never really got to 'meet' her. The only thing I remember her from is the failed pirate cruise.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM

i may need help but not sure yet just waiting to work on the history is all lol just let me know if there is anything i need change that isn't the history lol

KageShio

Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 PM

Oh I am very tempted! Though with the two of them so prone to goofing off we'll definitely need someone to keep them in line. As for my signature, it actually is not a riddle, just a random poem I came up with one night. Either way, you are correct that it is about time.

Kilia, Actually, I do need you to work on her personality more. All you really did was put "she" into the paragraph from the image, which by Mene's rules means it is not your work and needs to be in a quote box. ^^' To avoid that, could you please just paraphrase, cut it down to a few lines?

Last edited by KageShio; 01-24-2013 at 09:42 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 PM

I probably will use her then, just so you can see how entertaining she is!

Kilia- What are you trying to figure out?

Kage- Karlin can be serious ... If she absolutely has to that is. Oh? It really did seem like a riddle... Then again, I seem to be seeing those everywhere lately.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM

i have no clue lol sorry just kind of all over the place lol

KageShio

Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM

It is alright, there is no rush to get everything done now. Just when you have the time, please work on her personality and history.

Pap-chan: Sil can be serious and focused as well, but as with Karlin, it's only when needed.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Does anyone know of any races I could use that have something to do with fire? Dragon's already taken, and I'm not sure I could play a character connected to the phoenix... *ponders*

Kage- Those two could be a danger to the world all by themselves, I can't imagine how things will turn out with the both of them there!

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM

There are elementals, and some fae are associated with fire. You could go with one of those.

>.< And the dragon she's related to doesn't shoot fire, either.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM

So how exactly is this connection to these races going to work? Are they just going to be very distantly related relatives?

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Very distant ancestors, and they are going to be learning about that ancestor during the journey. And possibly gaining some powers, too.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM

And they will have only heard stories? Or maybe there's a legend around the area ...

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 PM

The stories would be dismissed as just stories, something grandparents bade up to make children feel special, maybe. No one would really believe them.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM

*nods* Alright. I've kind of half started working on the profile ...

KageShio

Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Alright, sorry for poofing again, but I finally have one of my characters done:

UserName: KageShio
Name: Elijah Silas Corby (goes by either “El” or “Sil”)
Ancestry: Wood elves. His ancestor was a humble blacksmith drafted into the Great War between the Elves of the light and the subterranean-dwelling Drow. She crafted the weapons needed to topple the enemy, then in the end took to arms herself when troops were needed, wielding the very steel and mithril she crafted.
Heirloom: A polished arrowhead that looks to be made of very light colored silver. Detailed, delicate engraving of a vine and thin leaves curves beautifully around one side. If it were not for the notches on the edges and a scratch on the back, no one would believe it was once an actual weapon.

Impact: At the height of the last battle, the blacksmith was struck down, her sword knocked from her hand. Drawing an arrow from the quiver at her hip, she lashed out with all her might, the small weapon killing her attacker and narrowly saving her life. Once the fires of war were quenched and she was able to go back to her previous life, she turned the arrow head into a polished, engraved pendant, a memoir of the pain and loss, as well as battles won.

Appearance:
Standing at a mere 5'3", his build is lean but strong, with toned rather than built muscle and sturdy but supple limbs. Prominent cheek bones, a fine “button” nose and oval face combined with fuller lips and wide eyes give him a boyish charm that isn’t helped by his height. His skin is a lightly tanned olive that is smooth except for his hands and forearms, which are covered with a smattering of scars he gained from being too careless and curious around hot metals. His hair is a rich brown-black that falls to just below his shoulders, the sections at the temples are braided and pulled to the back of his head where they meet then hang to rest with the bulk of his hair, accompanied with two thin feathers. His eyes are a hazy mix of grey and spring green which have an odd brilliant shimmer in the sunlight. This, along with his strangely angular ears has earned him more than a few nicknames from his peers, all of them having to do with either Tolkien or Santa Claus.

His clothing is simple, supple but sturdy- jeans, cotton shirts and boots that can all stand up to his rough-and-tumble lifestyle. He always wears quite a few accessories- bandanas, scarves, belts, necklaces, earrings and the like, though only three are constant: The arrowhead pendant given to him by his father, a multi-color woven leather bracelet with brass and lapis décor, and a simple pewter pentagram necklace hung from a leather cord.

Skills: Smithing and working the forge take up most of his life, but he has had a few fencing and archery classes through the years, learning to use the weapons he has helped create- a skill supplemented from a few rough years of street fights when he was in his late teens. He is a rather good actor, the skill coming from being part of Renaissance Faires around the US since he was a boy, and knows basic camping and wildlife survival skills due to many family outings to the country’s national parks.

Personality: Sil is headstrong and usually rather upbeat, tumbling through life in what seems to be a haphazard manner. While has a general care-free and “go with the flow” mentality, he works well under pressure, being able to think on his feet and improvise with ease. However, it’s hard for him to stay serious and focused for long, his mischievous nature and odd sense of humor being apt to shine through at any given moment. When it comes to friends and family, he is fiercely loyal and protective, not afraid to take a strike or blame for another. There are few things that anger him, but threats to his loved ones will unleash a quick and sharp counterattack.

History: For as long as they can remember, the Corby family has had ties to metal- both the mining and crafting of it. Silas’s father carries on that tradition by holding a secure and well-known business in crafting fine armor and weapons used in historic reenactment and collections, a business Silas has had a hand in since he was barely ten years old, and has yet to lose his fascination with it all. Every summer, Silas would travel with his parents around the US to different Faires and craft halls, slipping in and out from modern time to the middle ages and embracing both ways of life. Now as an adult, he has taken time away from the family business to learn how to craft smaller metal pieces and work with glass and clay, but still attends the RenFaire in Minneapolis every year.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM

Oooh, yeah I don't know if my profile will be on par with yours ... ><

Drakina

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM

Mine certainly isn't, but I'm working on adding more information to fill her out.

KageShio

Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM

*laughs a bit* I am just an overly detailed writer, and this is not a competition anyway. I mainly posted to make sure Kina did not want anything changed, and as an example for things like explaining the skills and details about the heirloom and ancestor.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM

*pokes Kage* Still can't take a compliment can you?