Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM

we can sit and chat all you want! I think it's great that you've managed to get the word of mouth around to sell anything. I've never managed to sell anything, but I give plenty of art away as gifts. I have commission info on both my deviant art account and my website, but I haven't gotten a taker all summer.

I usually use markers for a base coat and then prismacolors, but I sometimes use watercolors as well and one of the arts I have in my examples in the first post was done with chalk pastels (figured I would post something like that since I'll be using chalk in the freebie).

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM

*falls into thread*

I haven't done this yet *sobs*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Hurry up and do it before you can't!!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM

I will! I will. Tonight! I promise. (there's no way I'm gonna finish it before lunch break is over D: )

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
we can sit and chat all you want! I think it's great that you've managed to get the word of mouth around to sell anything. I've never managed to sell anything, but I give plenty of art away as gifts. I have commission info on both my deviant art account and my website, but I haven't gotten a taker all summer.

I usually use markers for a base coat and then prismacolors, but I sometimes use watercolors as well and one of the arts I have in my examples in the first post was done with chalk pastels (figured I would post something like that since I'll be using chalk in the freebie).
Oh, well I suppose it's mainly because I constantly post on my fb page XD And I harass all my friends to like it (I know I have over two hundred friends on facebook and only like 27 have liked my post XD) But basically I think it's because the people in my church (Which is like a second family to me) spread the word around when they hear someone needs something artistic done around town. Which is really small despite what people think... in fact most of the population is from the prisons in our town... which is sad.

I have chalk pastels but they broke sadly... I only used those for flowers or other realistic drawings because of the shading, it's like perfect. I love charcoal but you can only do so much with those... Hmmm. I don't know how to use markers or watercolors. I've pretty much been self taught besides basics of art... Maybe one of these days I can try...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 PM

how much effort is it gonna be, sei?! I'm so curious about what you will request.

That sounds like a really small town. I think that's a really great sort of place to get started on any kind of small business. People are so willing to help out. I would have better chance when I'm at school because the city is a huge art center, but here at my parent's house it just the worst sort of place to catch anyone's attention. I'm fairly positive I'm in the fourth biggest city in America.

The chalks always break and they work better that way I thought. I hate using brand new sticks. I have the some pencil ones too which help a lot for details. Chalks and charcoals are something I took to naturally the first time I used them. They really are great for more realistic based drawings. I took to watercolor fairly naturally too, but I think most of my paintings are a bit eh since I still have no official training with them. And I don't think I know how to do crap with markers. It only looks good because I put other things on top. Haha, even though I'm majoring in art, I don't seem to have that much education with it, just practice.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Oh well I have this pose in mind (several actually just have to figure out which one I like better) then it's still a toss up between two OCs (maybe three). It's less about effort and more about me making a decision. xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM

Oh just pick something you think I'll like!

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
That sounds like a really small town. I think that's a really great sort of place to get started on any kind of small business. People are so willing to help out. I would have better chance when I'm at school because the city is a huge art center, but here at my parent's house it just the worst sort of place to catch anyone's attention. I'm fairly positive I'm in the fourth biggest city in America.

The chalks always break and they work better that way I thought. I hate using brand new sticks. I have the some pencil ones too which help a lot for details. Chalks and charcoals are something I took to naturally the first time I used them. They really are great for more realistic based drawings. I took to watercolor fairly naturally too, but I think most of my paintings are a bit eh since I still have no official training with them. And I don't think I know how to do crap with markers. It only looks good because I put other things on top. Haha, even though I'm majoring in art, I don't seem to have that much education with it, just practice.
Hahahaha well I mean painting is literally just drawing. A lot of people don't think that but it's basically the same techniques. I do think that it is a bit difficult, especially with oil paints. However I don't like oil paints because the tinting is hard for me to get right. Although I love acrylics... mainly because you can make them look like watercolors and they are just versatile to me.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 AM

Really? I think painting and drawing are very different except when I'm doing anime. Even if I color those with paint, I've been told by critiquers that it looks like a drawing. I hate acrylic most of the time and I'm no good with it. I think I've gotten oil to behave more like watercolors to me. There's something about how you can layer it to make a smooth smokey finish, but honestly I don't have much experience with either acrylic or oils. Watercolor is the only thing I've done outside of class.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 AM

I think painting is just hard for me because of my eye problem XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 AM

What sort of eye problem would that be?

Blahtastic
Writer

Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 AM

Ah, well, she's a pirate - I haven't named her yet, but I'm planning on something like Jade, Morgandy or so. She'll have a sort of triumphant grin. She's fairly sharp-tongued and petulant, so she should have a striking pose with (optional) a sort of cutlass in her hand. Her clothes needn't be too complicated and a simple vest and blouse would do.
Anyhow, it's your choice whichever character you want to draw.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 04:38 AM

Okay, that sounds more interesting. Do you have a sort of age that she is?

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 04:53 AM

I can't tell different shades of colors... like light pink and dark pink look the same to me... the snowy and light blue look the same to me. Mint and neon green look the same to me.... so on and so forth... it sucks... and I usually have to ask people if my avatar is matching XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 05:01 AM

oh, interesting. I would never have guessed. Your avis match quite well and I've looked at the art in your shop before. I would guess you have a color differentiating problem.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 AM

Character/avatar image and/or description: Seika preferably in her Angel and Reaper outfit but I'm good with her checkmate one too owo b
Personality and expression:
I'll give you both version since I gave you the option in her outfit * u *

Angels and Reapers
Seika is older and wiser in Angels and Reapers. Where her Checkmate counterpart is fridge and sharp, Seika goes has mellowed with age, flowing with life. Being a mother of two, her patience is both long and short. Easy to anger with the right buttons pushed and still stubborn as a rock. She was the leader of the Angels, the previous Lady Kindness before her daughter Serphia assumed the role. Seika cares deeply for her family and people, willing to die in battle to save them. Despite all of this, Seika is still easy to tease and while she'll gush over her daughters, asking her about Ita will send into a deep blush and stammering fit even though they've been married for years.

Checkmate
Seika is stubborn, confidence, and very good at her job. She doesn’t like giving up and often times can come across as harsh and cold. She enjoys a good fight, and strives to better herself and her style of fighting. While she’s gotten much better, Seika considers herself to be socially awkward. She doesn’t know how to deal with people; even though she has the wits, skills, charisma, and training to lead people. Though when forced into a leadership role, she often shines. She is the Silver General equal to Ita's Gold General rank, second to the Empress and in charge of the army.

There are times when her old (timid) personality resurfaces. Seika likes a sense of control and organization in her life and how she does things. Things should be efficient. If there's a problem, Seika prefers to deal with it herself then leave it in the hands of other people. Seika is easy to tease and gets flustered easily at the simplest signs of affections.

To briefly compare and contrast, Angel and Reaper Seika is: a mellowed out tsundere, a leader, a mother and a calm river with a strong undercurrent. Checkmate Seika is tsudere with denial issues, focused, competent and an frail iceberg with a warm center. A&R Seika has already did her character growth, CM Seika is still trying to find her way.

Expressions: Seika is pretty free with expressions. Common ones are determination, anger and seriousness. Small smiles. Blushes when she's being tease about her feelings with Ita or Ita's affections with her.
Random information:
I really would love this pose (if can see the face would be cool but don't need too owo b) Or any of this fighting poses 1 2 3 because yeah * u * MOVEMENT!

If you go with Angel and Reaper outfit can you have Seika's wings out (at least her back one. The Sora pose will look awesome with her wings fully extended). A&R Seika has water magic so WATER BENDING POWERS TO MAX! Or something like that.

With Checkmate Seika her magic is ice. IceShards and all types of things. Seika has two katanas (design is up to you! * u *) She carries them on her back like this guy 12 So yeah it's up to you if you want to add it or just stick of ice magic. * u *

In terms of magic, Seika is my third most powerful female user. (Tam/Black which you drew before is second. Hotaru's is first at an unmeasurable scale). She and Tam/Black tied as strongest female fight though (well as far as Checkmate goes at least. In A&R they don't ever get a chance to test this due to Seika being generations older than Black).
I... think I might have spammed you with too much information. >> << >>

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM

no wonder it took you so long to compile stuff for a request. I looked at the picture links so far and I'll read the rest of it when I'm not so tired. I like the Checkmate outfit more at first glance, but who knows what will interest me more.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 AM

You should see Hotaru's request. (Hers is tricky because I need someone to put more pretty details. The current outfit it too plain for the Empress... >> << >> I might attempt it myself if it doesn't blow up in my face) Haha OTL

But okay * u *

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM

Yea, people usually tell me when it doesn't match... but that's why I find it so Ironic XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 PM

lol. so you need to do some fashion designing or something, Seito?

Interesting, Ash. It's good that people help you out when your avi doesn't match so much.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 PM

yeah pretty much. I'm pretty bad at it though (I'm fairly certain I have yet to design an original OC outfit from scratch. Most of it is modified outfits and pieced together if I remember correctly). *sigh* I'll give it a shot soon I suppose. * u * I drew a pokemon last night \ o /

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Fashion design is fun, but I don't think I'm all that good at it. I think that most people patchwork things together when it comes to creating character outfits. I use a lot of avatar based stuff.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Yeah same here. Fun but impossible *bricked*

*nods* I've never tried using avatars before. Perhaps I'll give it a shot :O

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM

it's not totally impossible!
they can be very helpful and they're easy to use. They make a quick reference for when you don't have any art.