Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Starting this year off right. I drank a full bottle of champagne with my mother in law as we talked about silly girl things. Like sex. xD

We saw lights on the lake. This series of Winter Holiday themed lights, and a bunch of sports. The lights move, and it is really pretty. The Toddler (Mary) LOVED them. I even have a video of her that we took during it.

To meet the challenge I can say that my first meal of 2015, was a very sleepily eaten "death by chocolate" donut. Which was extra delicious (even with it being filled with chocolate mousse) because it was the first donut I've had in. god... six months?

I would also like to restate some of the resolutions I've set for myself. Which are more like goals for this upcoming year.

I'm hoping to spend more time working closely with my chidlren so they can learn the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and speaking.
Really hope that my Mary gets potty trained soon so we don't have to buy diapers for her anymore. xD And only Lillikins.
I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs.
See if I can eat a salad once a week.
Work on improving my husband and my relationship.
Get money started saving towards a home.
Sell One piece of artwork.
Finish a novel first draft.

Got this on the 27th - This is what the drink will look like starting tonight. I think I've had a fun Christmas-New Years. Since I drank all of that with friends.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-06-2015 at 03:18 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 11:24 PM

I got invited to several parties unexpectedly, with friends I don't see much. So I've had a fantastic few days.

To meet the monthly/daily challenge:
A is for Amy!!! that's me :]

My name is Amy, and I love my name. I wouldn't change it for anything. Seriously. I didn't even change my last name when I got married.
A is also for other things like aardvark and apple. but pssshhhh who wants to know that in my memory jar right? teehee, i'm so silly.

It also stands for how awesome things are already going. I have high hopes for this new year.

Expanding on my resolutions/partially as a day 2 since I missed day 2. even though i had put the resolutions in day 1 without realizing it was for day 2....

For losing 10 pounds this year. I'm going to work on expanding my change of eating habits. Trying to make sure I keep to the scheduled meals we plan out each week, and keeping on top of it. It is helping my family and I all get more vegetables in us.

Salads are still kind of iffy on our list. But perhaps we can start it back up again. And they are growing on me.

I also plan to exercise whenever I can remember to. My routine attempts haven't worked out so well yet. But maybe if just every once in awhile I think of it. I do it. Than it will get easier and I can move to an actual daily routine. Try those 30 day challenges again.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 03:02 AM

It was just a laundry and shopping day. But I did read quite a bit of Terrier. I'm on the final series of Tamora Pierce's that I own now. saddest panda. I re read them all already. Though I do need to get ahold of Battle Magic at some point. So excited that there is a new book.

As for the contents of my bag....
It depends on my bag. usually that means tampons/pads and wallet. Diapers and extra clothes for my kiddos.
My 2ds or whatever nintendo handheld i happen to be playing that particular day. (including game boy color still)
Usually paper or a notebook filled with scribbles for whatever story i am working on. or campaign for table top gaming.

every once in awhile my yan takes over the world sign is in my bag. as well as my wreck this journal series.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 03:16 AM

My earliest memory is of being in California at the San diego zoo I believe? I was 2 1/2. We were visiting family members who live out there. I have little patches of memories from it. I remember this big fence that I climbed on. It was wooden. There were giraffes and zebras on the other side. I remember vaguely about taking a picture of some ducks. Though that actual photograph and the stories are more prominent now.
I remember butterflies, birds, and starfish.
The most detailed thing, is when i was watching the tiger show. They were doing tricks on stumps. And they were in a big cage arena, and there was a cage in front of our seats as well. I remember holding hands with my little brother and talking to him about it. I remember loving the tigers, and loving laughing with him.
Only... he was back home in New York. Cause he was still to young to fly.

Today however (not talking about the challenge anymore) was fantastic. My little Mary did so well during speech therapy today. She barely fussed, and she tried to get every sound. I am so proud of her.

That's me and her. Obviously she is blurry cause she's a bundle of energy. haha

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 09:58 PM

Challenge:
why i joined mene... hmm well I was tired of how downhill gaia was going. And I didn't really have any interest left in neopets other than going back to play games just for the sake of game playing. I really wanted a community where I could chat, maybe roleplay. And be myself!! So I searched for other forum sites. Than I stumbled upon menewsha somehow. facebook link perhaps? And that first night. It was super late. Got idk.. 1 am my time? and I got invited into a casual roleplay with a group of people that just made my night. it was fun and i enjoyed the heck out of it. So I stayed.
And now i've come out of the roleplaying threads thanks to the first event i went to that I found the threads of. I want to say phoenix jubilee. but not sure which it was at this point.

Today has been a good but lazy day. Getting some chores done. Hubby loves me and I love him. Trove is getting a new awesome patch. Should be fun to play here in a bit. Hubby got an appointment for Friday. Things are still looking up. time to lazy and wake up. xD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-11-2015, 06:20 AM

Okay. So I've been reading bloodhound lately. Moved on to the next book cause I read so fast of course. Curse me. My computer has blue screened and we're working on fixing it. But it has also meant that hubby is actually paying attention to me, so I'm in not that big of a rush to fix it. But I figured I'd nab a computer so I could catch up on my challenges. :3

So from Day 7 : Hmmm random fact. I am an energy drink. :3 no really. my initials are AMP.

Day 8: My best friend is hard to pick. I love all my friends so much. Closest would have to be the three I had to narrow down to for my wedding girls <3 Tater Tots, Motor Mouth, and Panda!

day 9: currently i'm wearing nothing *gasp*

day 10: favorite song: I.. umm... i don't have one? I like lots of music. there is a couple wow ones by oxhorn that are really catchy.. but than i also love my disney music. and country. and soft rock. and pop. and *blathers on* I love music.... especially if I can sing along.

Day 11: I never leave home without my wallet. and now my children? xD
i usually have something to amuse me when I travel anywhere though. even if its something like my DS or a book. or a puzzel book. just... something to fill time that I might find nothing else to do in. Like maybe hubby needs silence for a stretch of road because of traffic for example. i'll read unless the girls need attention in the back seat.

okay YAY!! i'm all caught up <3 that makes me happy.
Now to my nervouosness. I was hoping to have a year to get my tummy a little more toned. and be able to find a dress. and a babysitter. but GAH. Hubby got invited to the Dinner party at his work. which means i need to get all black tie affair dressed up. AND I'VE NEVER BEEN TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
It's exciting. and terrifying at the same time. I've got 20 days to figure out what i'm going to do.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 04:08 AM

Day 12:
my room is shared with my hubby. we have a crappy old tv, with a hand me down wii donated to us after mine was stolen. its comfy enough in the king. but its old and needs replacing.

day 13:
i don't really have a favorite movie.... i like rush hour and mib though. and disney and grease and footloose

to tired to say more. its been a long day

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 11:13 PM

Oh boy, what a strange couple days I've had. My brother has been mooching for too long. And my mother was the last to have her last straw taken by him. So FINALLY he's being forced to work, no more cushy "you need to find a job" than having him not look. He's been "paying me" for internet by asking mom to give me money. So now he is required to make a deal with me to work off what he owes, and to make up for his part of the payment.
We agreed that everyday for at least during the week, he would babysit for a full hour so I could get chores done. And... it's so strange to actually have chores getting finished.
I'm almost caught up on laundry, and have moved to this process of doing laundry where I get a load or two done each day, fold, and put them away immediately. Instead of like 18 loads on one day that lay in the baskets for weeks cause there is to much to deal with. and than arguments happening.
It's such a wonderful change!!! I'm thrilled with it at the very least.

I also managed to get him to help me rearrange the kitchen because it wasn't working anymore with the household merges. Now we have a full counter cleared of appliances, and put into the pantry where laundry baskets normally go. But because everyone keeps their laundry in their room it has become an extra storage location. woot woot!! So the kitchen is about halfway finished at this point because of his actually helping around the house.

I also cleaned the girls room completely, and put their dresser (partially demolished to fit in there, but its 20 some odd years old so its okay) away in their closet so that they stop pulling the clothes out and destroying them. Making me have to wash them over again. Or pick them up from all over the house. Literally all over. Mary likes to tantrum and chuck clothes down the stairs.

It's some huge changes, that are I think, going to make this house run much smoother, and much happier.

On a side note, I believe i've caught up with bills now that we have an income. And we have dealt with foodstamps, and are working on getting the ball rolling on medicaid. Both of which have more paperwork I need to get in to social services within the next 10 days. So that's the plan. 2015.. you're still looking like a great year even though there have still been several bumps that I don't need to mention.... I'm really happy so far.
Not to mention the bump bump bump that has been making me happier too ^.~ cause it's actually good standing between my hubby and I. FINALLY. <3

Now on to the challenge. I think that's it for the last two days. haha.

My dream job would be to be an artist, and an author. Children's books i illustrate, or comic books. Just silly things kind of like far side. or like some of the webcomics I read.
Something where I can work at home, but still make a ton of money that can support my family.
I want to stay at home and home school. Raise my kids to be the best that they can be.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-16-2015, 04:51 AM

I wish I could have enough money to take care of my family and friends.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 02:25 AM

my favorite place.. is... i guess menewsha. xD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-18-2015, 02:32 PM

I passed out last night. Crazy tired for some reason. So just want to let you guys know I've been watching a twitch stream that is going on for 96 hours. (kremchek) and I won 2 games!!! I'm so pumped. I got Yury, and the Desolate Hope. I'm really psyched, i don't have that many steam games. And my collection just grew by 2!!!

Now as for the challenge I missed yesterday. It was windy ish, and sunny ish. But mostly just cold. Today looks like its going to be about the same.

My pets: I have a cat- target (french for shield. not pronounced like the bullseye device) and Dog - sasha. Both were basically taken in.
Love them, but they're getting old.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-21-2015, 04:45 AM

Keeping up with the challenge so well aren't I? xD

19 - something new
let's see... I need to get a new book to read. I'm not sure which one I'm going to do at this point because I just finished off all of my Tamora Pierce books again. xD We got a new amiibo. (though its currently missing because Mary likes to run around with it)

20 - haha last book i read was mastiff - tamora pierce

21 - My middle name is Marie.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-23-2015, 04:48 AM

So i meant to post this but as I'm a silly Leo and always running around doing crazy amounts of things (hah challenge covered) I didn't get to it.

I've been watching the reverend kremchek stream on twitch., and i won 6 games!! i'm so excited!!!

okay so I have one tattoo. It's a rose on my chest. Over my heart. so that my Sister Rose is always next to my heart. And I have to go back to a different one who will but the name of my neice who died into the vines in cursive. the tattoo artist refused cause it would be "to hard to read..." clearly just didn't know cursive -.-
but regardless. i want to touch it up a little anyways.

i also plan to get a couple other tattoos. that will take a long time and alot of money. they're on hold thoughl .i've drawn all my tattoos though.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM

Okay so taking a breather while I'm overheating running around doing chores to post. Just wanted to say yay that my brother is actually SORTOF keeping up on his job of babysitting an hour a day. (okay he's failing) but when he does help me I'm actually getting chores done.

Currently FINALLY getting dressed for the day and doing laundry. xD

Note: If anyone see's this. Someone please tell me I'm not hallucinating and have a Baby Yan World Domination Sign that i made up from my own imagination. Cause it's freaking me out that I can't find the thread about it. anywhere. not even by googling it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-27-2015, 12:44 PM

24) best avatar outfit? oh gosh i don't even know where to begin.

25) I prefer not to talk about my arguments....

26)last night i dreamed of zombie owls.

27) i think Spring is my favorite season. But it depends to change based on my mood.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-30-2015, 04:31 AM

28) i want to travel the world really. Hubby and I are working on goals to make this possible.

29) My family is huge. My little family is me my husband, and our two daughters. But I'm from a family of five kids. My hubby is from a family of 3. and it just expands from there. My mom and Dad both come from family of 8 kids. His mom is the last of something like 12, and his dad from 3, but his grandfather from like 24 kids. xD i mean.. we have a huge family!

So i'm terrified and excited guys. My daughter starts School this coming Monday. Friday tomorrow. I have a day off where i'm preparing myself for all these upcoming changes while the girls go to their grandmothers. Saturday i'm going to my first ever black tie event.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-30-2015 at 04:35 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-03-2015, 01:18 AM

Jan 30 - i guess my favorite mene memory would be when I got here and got into my first RP. I had such a great time. and the story was so much fun! It's what originally made me stay.

Jan 31 - The best part of my life... i don't know. xD I'm me?

Feb 1 - Love for sure. Or a heart shaped box filled with chips. not chocolate. that would be love right?

Feb 2nd - my favorite exercises are squats, leg lifts, leg raises, and crunches.
I know that i need to do arm exercises and ones for ankle. But i'm laaaazy. and at least i've been trying to do SOME daily. (and failing. but you know....)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-05-2015, 12:02 AM

Feb 3rd - breakfast is something i skip alot, cause my stomach doesn't like eating when i first wake up. that being said. i realllly love breakfast foods. Like bagels, and waffles, and corned beef hash. mmm breakfast foods <3

Feb 4th - Favorite mythological creature is a toss up between phoenix and dragon... They're both majestic, and amazing. Super intelligent and powerful.

Feb 5th - If I was a superhero. I'd probably be a secret superhero. Not asking for fame and suchm but loving the ability to help people. I'd also probably have some telekinetic power.

Feb 6th - This week's episode on What has Shadami's life been like since she last logged on. Fevers, chaos, and death. Stay tuned to find out the whole story!

Feb 7th - pet peeves... oh don't get me started. I can't stand the sound of people chewing. But biggest pet peeve, people talking down to others. We're all equal damn it! Especially when they think you asked clarification to a question because they think you're stupid. Or people turning you into the bad guy because you've said something from your heart and all with the best of intentions. But you clearly don't have your facts straight and you must be a pure dick head. UUUGHHHH

Feb 8th - This inspired me. My Aunt Rena. She just passed away this morning. She is an amazing person. I love her with all my heart, and she will be missed by thousands. That's how awesome she was. . . is. She will always inspire me to try to be better than I am.

Feb 9th - Family is important because they will always be there for you.

feb 10th - last photo taken

This one at this point since my tablet got broken today. xD