Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 11:09 PM

[ INSERT WITTY 2015 RELATED TITLE HERE ]

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 01-02-2015 at 11:24 PM..

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 11:24 PM

Monthly Prompts!

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 05:13 AM

Okay! Time to actually fill in the first few prompts!
Yay for massive multi-topic posts!

January 1st: My first "meal" of the new year consisted of Breakfast Burritos, Turkey Bacon, and Mimosas. I think it's the best 1st meal that I've had thus far in my life.

January 2nd: Oh, goodness. Resolutions. I've never been one to actually write a list of resolutions for new year's. (Mostly because no one ever sticks to the anyway.) But, I think, this year I just might make a list. Because I'm a business major in college, it'll be in segments, and will probably be updated quite a bit.

By the end of January I want (to do):
Buy my school textbooks
Organize my dorm room
Be completely caught up with Supernatural

By my Birthday (May 6th):
Fill out my FAFSA
Watch all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe before seeing Age of Ultron
Go to the Mall of America (again)
Finish with at least a 3.0 GPA
Completely learn a song on the piano
Get a hair cut/ another perm

By the first day of the new Semester (August 20-something):
Visit my former Co-Workers
Add more clothes to/ Change my wardrobe

By Halloween:
Buy something from the Welcome to Night Vale store

By the end of the year:
Actively help conquer the world with kindness

Resolutions that don't really have a time limit:
Call my parents once a week (104 calls)
Take at least 10 pictures a week (520 photos)

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 01-05-2015 at 03:32 AM..

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 04:16 AM

Edits, Additions, and Another Day

January 3rd:

A is for...

A is for ATTITUDE. I really need to work on having a more positive attitude this year.
B is for BUCKY BARNES. Who taught me a lesson in friendship and loyalty.
C is for CAPTAIN AMERICA. Who taught me to stand up for my beliefs, even if no one agrees with me.
D is for DEAN WINCHESTER. Family always comes first, and isn't necessarily blood.
E is for ENVISION. Picture a future and strive to achieve it.
F is for FRIENDSHIP.Let people in. It's okay to trust others.
G is for GERMAN and GREEK. These will be the two best classes of this term.
H is for HAPPINESS. Oh, just do it for yourself already.
I is for ICARUS. You were made to soar. Do so with wild abandon.
J is for JOURNEY. It's the title of the thread for a reason. This is your Oregon Trail.
K is for KINDNESS.
L is for LIMITS. ( see T )
M is for MARVEL. (double entendre) Both the MCU and a reminded that Earth can be beautiful.
N is for NORTH DAKOTA. It's better than you think.
O is for OPPORTUNITY. Take chance, make mistakes, and GET MESSY.
P is for PASSION. You're more likely to pay attention to something you're passionate about.
Q is for QUEUE. First 5 in Netflix Queue: 13 Going on 30, American Horror Story, The Aristocats, Arrow, Attack on Titan.
R is for REMEMBRANCE. While sowing news seeds, remember my roots.
S is for STARBUCKS. I don't go there for the coffee, or the wifi. Steamers are life.
T is for TIME-OUT. Reminded to take breaks while studying, or working.
U is for UNABASHED. Striving to be unashamed of myself this year.
V is for VIOLIN. An instrument that I really want to play again.
W is for WANTS. I focus too much on my needs and not the things I want.
X is for XIPHIOD. Because of the urban dictionary definition.
Y is for YOUTH. Act your age. (What's my age again?)
Z is for ZENZIZENZIZENIC. Apart from being FUN to say, it means: eighth power of a number.

January 4th:

In my bag...

Backpack: Course textbooks, 3 notebooks, a journal, 4 blue pens, 2 black pens that don't work, 3 broken pencils, 12 thin permanent markers in various colors, a scientific calculator, 6 highlighters, at least two half full packs of gum, an eraser, a small amount of change, post-it notes, miscellaneous jewelry...

Suitcase: Clothing that needs to be washed, chewy vitamin D supplements, hair mousse, other toiletries, two towels, miscellaneous Christmas gifts...

Laptop Case: Laptop, iPod, 2 working iPod charger cables, 1 cable that doesn't work, kindle, notebook, 1 blue pen, digital camera, headphones, laptop charger & cord, usb mouse...

Does Wallet count? I don't carry a purse... School ID card, State ID card, Debit Card, at least 6 receipts, 2 movie ticket stubs, a picture of my cats...

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-07-2015, 05:46 AM

I've decided to try and do this every other day. Mostly because I really like even numbers.

January 5th:

Earliest memory

I think on of my earliest memories is at a Christmas party... I don't actually remember much about my childhood. (More detail later?)

January 6th:

What brought you to Mene

I was in high school at the time. A friend of mine had found the site and suggested that we RP on it. I had been on Gaia for a couple years before that, so I new the basics. Though, Mene has held my heart ever since the first day. Hence why I'm still here 5 years later! (January 8th is my Meneversary.)

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 AM

January 7th:

Random fact about me

I get slightly obsessive over fictional things. By that I mean I am super-immersive. Say I'm reading a book. As long as I am reading it, I have dreams about it. I continue to dream about it for anywhere from a week to a month after I've finished reading about it. While I've never actually written fan fiction, I do read plenty. There is nothing that I am more obsessed with than the Marvel Comics/ Marvel Cinematic Universe. I've seen all the movies too many times to count, I read way too much fan fiction, I have fanart as the background of both my computer, and my phone. I just really love Marvel.

January 8th:

First off, IT'S MAH MENEVESARY~ Officially 5 years~

*ahem*
You're best friend

This... this is really difficult. Because a best friend is someone that you share all your secrets with, someone that knows you inside and out, and I don't think I really have that. I mean, I can piece together a top 5 of people that know me decently well enough. For different times in my life even. I'll try to nickname them all, for confidentiality reasons.

Growing up: Blonde Beaker - I grew up with her. It was more of a "hey, you females are the same age and in the same grade. be friends."

Middle School/ Junior High: Party Hard - The female friend that took the place of BB in middle school when BB had better things to do than be caught hanging out with someone as unpopular as me.

High School: My Mentor - The first person to really help me get used to high school. We sort of shared a homeroom - the gym: two teachers, two homerooms. She was 2 years older than me, and called me her minion. She was very, very kind.

My Maureen - Took the place of PH, when PH dropped out of high school. We share a birthday and were often confused for lesbian lovers. We went to both proms together. She also dropped out of high school our junior year.

Pickles - MM sort of husband. I mean, I was the MC at their wedding, but there was no paper signed and the broke up like, 1.5 years after. (but both are now happily married to other people and have kids of their own with their new SOs.)

Gay J #1 - We started a mock company together, whose mission it was to promote smiles everywhere. We championed "free hugs". His mom and step-dad wanted me to be his girlfriend. They, at first, didn't know he was gay, then didn't want to acknowledge him once he came out - mostly because his step-dad was a terrible human being.

Lucy-Lu Who - My female artsy stoner friend. She was the life of the party and got me to be more extroverted. We danced a lot. In the hallways. In classrooms. Waiting for the bus. We always seemed to be moving.

Big Jerkface - Yes, he was actually a friend at one point. We ended up going to the same college, but he transferred then went into the military. We weren't quite sure if he was metrosexual or bisexual.

The Christan to my Satine - Okay, so he was the closest thing to a high school sweetheart I could have had. We didn't date. Missed opportunity on my part, for sure. He was the one that I loved... yet he date all my female friends. But he's the only person from High School that I still (sort of) talk to.

1st College:
Odelina and Samwise - These two go together because they are now happily married. They were the ones that got me interested in historical recreation. Kind of similar to LARPing... but way more serious with research and documenting for period accuracy.

Roomie - Quite possible the best, most nice, person I've ever met. We were like sisters. We had so much fun being roommates. She has a baby now and is getting married soon.

Gomanmon- Another person that I share a birthday with. He is me in my more crude, drug fueled male form. We argue about a lot, but with out him I wouldn't have passed Ethics class.

Disney Freak - One of my first Bros. We talked for hours about nothing. He actually gave me relationship advice. We were both obsessed with the TV show How I Met your Mother and both share the opinion that the ending was terrible.

Kamen Rider Homo - I love him. He is sassy. He is fierce. He helped me get over my exes by watching tokusatsu with me. We went on many amazing mall trips.

2nd College (current college):

Bubbles: The peppy one of the unholy trio. Basically fits every part of the powerpuff girl's personality. One of the Freshmen I adopted this year. She tries my patience at time, but it's alright. She reminds me that, even though I'm older than her, I'm still young and need to live a bit. She is my source for make-up and fashion, as she is "from" Europe.

Buttercup: She is a little ball of rage and part of the unholy trio. Another adopted Freshmen. We share a similar rough past. Poverty line, terrible controlling parents. But because of that, we have a deeper understanding of each other. She also helps remind me that I need to act my age.

Freundin: Finally someone I can speak German with! I love her to pieces. I regret that I didn't spend more time with her over winter break. But she is SO BUSY. Two jobs plus working on a senior thesis for her bachelor's degree. She's is an inspiration to me.

Vic Mignogna: No joke. Well, sort of no joke. Not actually his name, but he was/ is a voice actor. I've told him some pretty dark things about myself. He is on a solo mission to make me a theatre geek. I know he wants me to preform on stage. I'm not going to. No matter what he says. Third adopted Freshmen.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-12-2015, 03:59 PM

January 9th-12th:

I have been in the process of moving back to my college campus for the new semester, and thus have missed several days. Here are the prompt updates. I may start to just write what ever on here. Maybe in February. I think I want to stick it out with the prompts for the rest of the month. February will also begin the time when I let people chat and comment! So, look forward to that. Without further ado, my past four days:

9th: What I'm wearing:

I woke up about two hours before posting this. I have only left my room to go to the restroom. I'm still half in my pajamas.

Dark blue jeans, the grey tank top I slept in, my purple moccasins, and a bright orange blanket. It's seriously cold in my room. Oh, and my glasses, because I need them to see.

10th: Favorite song:

It's a mix between these two right now:

Hozier - Take Me To Church (Acoustic)

Lana Del Rey - Brooklyn Baby

I really need to make myself a 2014 playlist. Oh, and if you (persons that may or may not be reading this, here is where you can listen to what I'm listening to.)

11th: I never leave home without:

Double checking to make sure I have these items:
My wallet, both my IDs, my keys, and my phone. #purselessliving

12: My room:

An actual picture of my dorm room:

The purple mass on the floor is my roommate. Normally her bed is on the top bunk - bunk beds are cool - but she worked last night, so I moved the mattress to the floor so she could crash easier. There is an adorable penguin pillow pet sitting on my bed. Orange and blue, while not my favorite colors, adorn my bed proudly. My xbox is sitting in front of my tv. I have screen-printed posters hanging up on my wall. (I also have a Doctor Who poster and a Hulk poster, but they are on the wall I was leaning against when I took the photo. You can't see it, but I have a little christmas tree on my desk - that's my chair, by the way. The sun is beaming in through the closed blinds - sleeping roommate is not a morning person - because I took this photo at 10:00 am, this morning when I remember that I needed to update my memory jar!