Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotional View Post
Ohhh bowling? That's cool :D It should be fun for you to get back into that.
I'm also talking about stuff like money contests where you just get entered and then it's fates decision hehe (it seems to like you).

A troll? Or someone who can't handle others opinions lol.

I'm in england. :) It's past midnight here. I have time off work so I get to stay up as late as I like haha
My husband is much luckier with those types of things than I am. He enters those kinds of contests.

Wasn't a troll, it was someone with a differing opinion and truthfully just seemed to be very ill tempered. Very odd for this site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony of the Night View Post
heheh I like the splat at the end

---------- Post added 07-13-2016 at 10:44 PM ----------

I also love bowling
It's the sound I imagine a body making, like a sopping wet sponge hitting tile from about ten feet up. Very wet and squishy, splat.

Bowling is a great sport. Love it, really kind of miss it.

Time for me to head out. I shall return in an hour or so for more posting, should anyone still be here for some chatting.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 07-14-2016, 02:57 PM

Aw, man, I missed a user I've never seen before.

Part of getting better at sixth sense shenanigans has been getting used to the fact that none of my thoughts are random.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-14-2016, 03:06 PM

Bowling is not a sport.

This has been a Public Service Announcement, presented by the Menewsha Public Radio Station YWXM. Thank you and Good night.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 03:46 PM

Ava, are you sure about that? Cause I will say differently. I am not talking about the bowling one does drunk on a Friday or Saturday night with a bunch of friends. I am talking about the bowling where you bowl twenty games of qualifying back to back, maintaining a 200 average on sport shot conditions which aren't easy. Followed by another 10-15 games of qualifying for the next round, generally in the same day, or early the next morning. And the bowling balls are anywhere from 14 to 16 pounds.
So if you are rolling a bowling ball that is 15 pounds, twice for each frame (worst case scenario) that's 19 times a game times 20, which comes to 380 times. 15 pounds, that's lifting a total of 5,700 pounds over the course of those games. And it's generally fast paced when qualifying, gotta move people in and out for different squads or heats.

It's a sport.

Kory

Old 07-14-2016, 03:56 PM

I have never thought of the linguistics of the game.
Though, I do think that unlike other "sports" bowling isn't one of those like soccer, where they are highly physical whether you are playing in the big leagues or playing in your backyard. You know? Bowling is like, unless you are a professional, it's not really a sport.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Same could be said for baseball. Or Football (American Football)

Kory

Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 PM

I guess what I mean is,
Most sports you have to run, or throw or jump. Or something like that.
I mean, I went bowling for my like 8th birthday or something and even my friends who were out of shape could bowl just as good as I could.

I think in most sports you have an advantage if you are athletic.

I don't play any sports at all. So I don't know.
I'm the one who would consider ballet a sport. If gymnastics is a sport, ballet should be considered a sport too!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Clearly you have never seen pictures of me. I am not in "athletic" shape by an stretch of the imagination. Bowling is a lot more to do with mental focus, body control, control of the bowling ball. When you went bowling at eight, I bet you there were bumpers up...anyone bowling with bumpers can bowl at least a 50-100. Try bowling 200 every game without the bumpers.

Quote:
The word "sport," as defined by the Merriam Webster dictionary, is "a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other."
Pretty simple, right? If a physical activity has rules in place which players must abide by in competition, it is defined as a sport. Therefore, by definition, bowling is a sport. After all, it requires physical exertion (using your legs and arms to throw a ball that can weigh up to 16 pounds) and has rules (staying behind the foul line and not counting a spare if the ball goes in the gutter first, to name a few).
Going even further than that, much like baseball, football, hockey, and all other major, accepted "sports," bowling has a governing body in the USBC to enforce these rules.
Just a perspective on the debate, if we are getting technical about it.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
Bowling is not a sport.
Bowling is a sport! lol I have competed in bowling competitions (and Queenie too). It gets super competitive. Try bowling a 300 next time you're in a bowling alley. Pretty hard to do

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 04:49 PM

Mentally and physical it's hard to do. Right up there with playing in the World Series or Super Bowl, I would imagine.

Kory

Old 07-14-2016, 05:36 PM

I guess I've been brainwashed by media to believe that bowling isn't as big as sports like football, tennis and whatnot.

I guess if it's more of a mental and weight control thing then I guess it's considered a sport. But to me, sports are mindless and all about physical athleticism, which is the only reason I wouldn't consider bowling to be in the same league.

But I guess when you explain it, I can see how it would be considered a sport.

---------- Post added 07-14-2016 at 01:00 PM ----------

Also, sorry for calling it a "not-sport"
I was, originally, just joking about bowling not being a sport, having heard that from a lot of movies and TV shows, but I seriously never gave it much thought that bowling is a sport.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 06:34 PM

I'm just in an argumentative mood, don't mind me, Ava. Been kind of bitchy all week. Thinking mother nature is out to kick me in the lady parts next week. At least I am not crying since that is usually what happens with me too. Angry and crying, terrible combination.

As for the bowling, I've bowled since I was four and put up with a lot of crap from people over the years. Sometimes it just hits me the wrong way, even people are joking. So truly, don't mind me. I'll get over it.

Kory

Old 07-14-2016, 06:54 PM

Oh, trust me, I took no offense to it at all.
You've been very civil this whole time, so I am not at all offended.

I totally get that angry feeling right before the period flood! It definitely sucks. I always feel crappy and angry at everyone right before my period too.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 07:44 PM

This is how bitchy I was this morning when we woke up to go to the gym. My eyes opened fifteen seconds before the alarm went off, I snoozed it and from the conversation Rodd and I had the night before I knew he was going to shave before we went to the gym. In my head while I am laying there that extra five minutes I am cursing him about how if he hasn't completed shaving when I am ready to walk out the the door for the gym then it's his fault and he can just not go with me. Won't be delayed because he chose to laze about in bed when he had five minutes to get it done.

That is so not my normal attitude. And I can still feel the bitch silently resting there, waiting for her chance to pounce on an unsuspecting person. Driving me a bit batty today.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2016, 09:25 PM

it's okay ava the vampire <3 I am glad there are sports like bowling for people like me who are not as physically fit haha :D

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 09:30 PM

All this bowling talk has me wondering about Rodd and I joining a league. We'd have to buy Rodd a new ball though since his cracked. Oops. Damn Arizona heat.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-14-2016, 11:53 PM

Arrrrr, it's a I'll wind that blows no noses

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-15-2016, 12:19 AM

Sounds like you're having a whale of a time, Cheshire.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2016, 01:36 AM

A splat at the end. Is that a fish tale

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-15-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
All this bowling talk has me wondering about Rodd and I joining a league. We'd have to buy Rodd a new ball though since his cracked. Oops. Damn Arizona heat.
that is so cool that you both bowl!

I have never had my own ball or bowling glove. I have my own bowling shoes though

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-15-2016, 02:51 AM

Shoes are half the battle, Symphony. Start simple with the bowling ball and build from there.

Fish tale...not quite.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-16-2016, 09:26 PM

Bowling is fun.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-17-2016, 12:40 AM

I have only been bowling with the balls from the bowling alley. I don't bowl very much anymore so I don't know if I will get my own bowling ball anytime soon

---------- Post added 07-17-2016 at 12:40 AM ----------

The Cheshire Pisces, I absolutely agree with you on that

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-17-2016, 02:02 PM

I used to get the heaviest ball I could find and wing it down the lane as hard as I could and count on pin action for score.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-17-2016, 03:50 PM

haha did that work well, the cheshire pisces