Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 09-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Immy: Snape
Rhys: Harry

PRIVATE ONLY

Quote:
"We also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge." Dumbledore begins to speak until Dolores makes a sort of a giggle sound bringing everyone's attention upon herself. "I'm sure you'll join me in wishing the professor good luck." Dumbledore continues almost as if he knows she wishes to get up and speak though he doesn't seem too pleased about it. One of the brunette female students at the Gryffindor table whispers over to the Weasley twins. "I have a bad feeling about this one." the two nod as everyone continues to listen. "As usual our caretaker Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you-" being interrupted by the annoying giggle once more, Dumbledore stops speaking.

Umbridge stands when Dumbledore looks over to her (clearly he is wanting to finish his speech without interruptions) as she makes her way over towards standing in the middle of the front of the dinner hall. "She was at my hearing" Harry whispers to Hermione as if he is thinking this might not be good either. Hermione looks over for a second when he continues to whisper "She works for Fudge." Hermione understands this is not a good thing clearly seeing as the ministry wants Harry Potter out of the school itself. After all in the hearing they were willing to bend, break, or change rules just to put the blame on Harry for using magic against his cousin yet wound up protecting himself in the end.

"Thank you headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely it is to see your bright happy faces smiling up at me." No one in the room was smiling minus the Weasley twins who were smirking wondering how crazy she must be. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." Silence lingers in the room until the twins spoke up in unison. "That's likely" with a sarcastic tone in their voice. Umbridge heard what they said as she ignored it allowing it to slide at this moment. The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school." Bowing her head to Dumbledore who just copies her as if she is giving him respect though it's clear she was just being polite.

"Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected. Proved practices must be prohibited." Umbridge giggles after whispering that last word as if all of this is really going to stand while the Headmaster is in the school. Dumbledore claps as the rest of the kids stared, some clap out of following their headmaster, but mostly the room is well in dead of silence. Going back to sitting down some students agreed with her, but majority of the room didn't yet no one would speak up. Kate, a gryffindor student glanced over at Malfoy seeing him smug watching Umbridge stand up there and yapper. Sure she knew he'd want to use magic but if she worked for the ministry then he'd have to have a reason to like her as it would put him to an advantage and Potter to a disadvantage.

Last edited by Shadami; 09-21-2017 at 04:04 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-21-2017, 04:57 AM

One girl stood up as many watched her, she was at the Slytherin table showing the pride she took while having hear family name and blood. "No disrespect to anyone minus the lady in pink, but that is a load of rubbish I will not be going along with. You can count me out of your little game and if you dare to correct me on anything, be warned." With that Kate sat down, her last name was unknown but she was of a high rank blood as high as the Malfoys. Her brown hair down in slight waves with her emerald green eyes that shined just as brightly.

"I second that" a girl from the Gryffindor table known as Eloise who had long white hair that was natural and icy steel blue eyes making her skin pretty fair instead of light. She had her own history and her family was known to be adventurers who dealt more with faeries and pixies than most other creatures. Fae like. It was rumored she was a pure blood fae that wanted to be a wizard. Students started stepping up agreeing as they didn't get too rowdy. Fred looked at Kate across to the other table and had to give her props. Snape wondered how the chosen one would react to such a ...an annoying person who would try to take over the school.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 09-21-2017, 05:53 AM

Several other students voiced similar opinions, and Harry couldn't help but smile a bit at everyone standing against the pink toad. He kept quiet, not wanting to bring her attention down on him again. Working for Fudge, who knew what she could actually do? When Hermione and Ron pressed for more details, Harry just shook his head, saying he'd tell them later, back in the dorm.

Once Umbridge finished her little spiel and the students were settled once again, Dumbledore finished his own speech and the food appeared. It went by too quickly, and soon enough they were being dismissed back to their common rooms for the evening.

Immy

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 04:11 PM

(I'm back, sorry for everything. If you wish not to rp say so)

Kate took her seat as so did the others as they ate. Dumbledore was surprised to see a student stand up so quickly and wondered if she would be perfect for the little team he hoped would come to be. Everyone made their way out there as the teachers talked among themselves still finishing up. Classes wouldn't begin until tomorrow so it left one day for students to explore the castle. Severus Snape allowed himself to be excused without excusing himself, he mostly just disappeared away from everything to watch the students in the hall. Make sure there were no disruptions and he didn't trust Potter not to start something. He knew Malfoy always started something but he couldn't bring himself to like the boy. The boy was the reason the love of his life (Lily Evans) was now gone, well that and James Potter. So much torment brought back to his mind at the thought mentioning James Potter.

Malfoy was hanging about Kate trying to talk to her but her attention was behind Malfoy as she glanced over at Fred Weasley. A Slytherin in no terms could like a Gryffindor, her father learned that the hard way; sometimes Kate wondered if she should tell her father sooner or later that she existed. Her mother said not to, that it wasn't the time but Kate didn't want to miss the chance in case something bad happened. Her green eyes switched over to Professor Snape walking into the hallway standing against one of the shadowy walls being lost in thought. "So anyone think Potter's going to mess up this year again?" Malfoy teased as Kate walked away rolling her eyes making the silver hair boy wonder aloud "What's her problem?" Even though she hated the other boy, she got sick and tired of gossip or rumors.

Snape kept watching Potter when he came out of the dinner hall, his eyes so much like his mother's yet his spirit like his father's. Snape was upsetting himself more and more with the thoughts of Lily and James. Then the outcome was this, sure he gave up on Lily after she passed away, but he wished he didn't lose his best friend and possibly something more if it wasn't for James Potter.