Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 AM

Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the Bone, Ribs, Skull or Skeleton currencies? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports, and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Halloween 2009 event runs from October 31, 2009 - November 8, 2009, ending at approximately 7pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Event Overview
2. Collecting Currency & Event Items
3. Event Items
4. Frequently Asked Questions
5. Important event links

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 11-09-2009 at 02:11 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 AM

Overview[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/59a9b9ffc4be7e79f2354d6ecd3dca76.gif[/imgright]
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Bones, Ribs and Skulls = Used for trading for Event Item Rares to Treat.
  • Bones, Ribs and Skulls are collected by posting in the forums or visiting the Crypt. (Please note that the first time you use the Crypt it will not work!
  • Unused currency of all types will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused event currency will disappear after the Event is over.
  • Skeletons = Used in the Special Event Store.
  • Skeletons are equal to 25 gold (ie: a 100 gold item would cost 4 Skeletons).
  • You can get Skeletons by trading Bones, Ribs and Skulls to Trick.
  • Unused Skeletons will disappear after the event is over.
  • Event Items (rares) will start being released on October 31st.

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-30-2009 at 03:44 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 AM

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/ba857d945ca9c5b301aa07dee5d7b4bd.jpg[/imgleft]Event Currency Overview
We've got a plethora of currencies this time!

Bones, Ribs and Skulls are used to trade for the Event Items (rares) and Skeletons are used in the Special Event Shop. For more information - continue reading!

---

Bones, Ribs and Skulls: How to collect them
There are two ways to collect these currencies:
1) Post in the forums.
You will earn one random currency each time you post in the forums.
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

2) Visit the Crypts.
Every 15 minutes you can sneak past the graveyard watchman and raid the Crypt to bring back one random currency.
You are more likely to collect Bones than any other currency. Ribs is the next most common. Skulls are the least common. But if you're running low on a specific type, go visit Trick and he'll be happy to convert whichever currency you don't need for whichever type of currency you do. Beware, though - he does have an exchange rate!

Please note that the first time you visit the Crypt you will find the gate locked. Try again after 15 minutes. (If it still doesn't work, clear your cache and try again!)

Skeletons: What are they? and How to collect them
We're bringing back Event Store Currency for this event - horray!

Each Skeleton is worth 25 gold in the store. You can only use Skeletons when using Skeletons, however. You can't pay part in Skeletons and part in gold! In the cases where the price of an item sits between Skeleton, you may "pay" a little more or a little less while using Skeletons than you would using gold.

To obtain Skeletons, visit Trick who will be happy to accept 8 Bones, 2 Ribs and 3 Skulls to give you a Skeleton.

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-30-2009 at 03:48 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 AM

Event Items
This is where we will show the different event items in-full as they are released.
Remember that event items won't start being released until October 31st! So you have an entire day to collect currency before it starts!

When you have enough currency for the items - visit Treat at the Graveyard!

1) Halloween Goodie Bag
Value: 0 Bones, 7 Ribs, 0 Skulls
Release date: October 31st
Preview:

2) Bone Belt
Value: 9 Bones, 0 Ribs, 1 Skulls
Release date: November 1st
Preview:

3) Candy and Flowers
Value: 5 Bones, 3 Ribs, 2 Skulls
Release date: November 2nd
Preview:

4) Halloween Lanterns
Value: 4 Bones, 4 Ribs, 3 Skulls
Release date: November 3rd
Preview:

5) Patchwork Voodoo Skin
Value: 4 Bones, 4 Ribs, 4 Skulls
Release date: November 4th
Preview:

6) Passing Soul's Coffin
Value: 3 Bones, 5 Ribs, 4 Skulls
Release date: November 5th
Preview:

It will cost a total of 62 currency to get all of the event items.

Last edited by Antagonist; 11-05-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 03:09 AM

Frequently Asked Questions[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/595156c30d54d54bc01697a9723edb6b.jpg[/imgright]

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 7pm Central on November 8th.

Q. Can you collect event currency by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. Can I buy or trade event currency?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. They should come out at midnight Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight if it happens!

Q. Is there a limit to how many event item rares I can collect? Do they have to be collected in a specific order?
You may collect as many of the gifts as you have currency for, as many times as you like, whichever order or item you like. (For example, if you only wanted to collect the third item, you do not have to collect the first and second as well.)

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. ToriKat and HamletSpamlet did the artwork for the staff thread banners (and Sizzla put together the banners).
YanYan13 and did the artwork for the event forum layout.
Omi did the FAQ artwork.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. Tre le Coco, wish04, Some Random Randomness and puchistar all contributed to the lovely event item rares and commons. :)

Q. Why isn't [specific feature] working for me?
A. Please post your browser (ex: Firefox), browser-version (ex: 3.1), and operating system (ex: Windows Vista) and let us know what problem you are experiencing, if it happens in all browsers you try; etc. Posting screenshots may also be useful. We'll do our best to troubleshoot - but we need more information than just, "this isn't working. :c"

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-30-2009 at 03:49 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 AM

If you have any questions that aren't answered above, now is your chance to ask them. Please make certain to read the guide before asking questions.

Event Links
Visit Treat in the Graveyard to trade event currency for event rares HERE.
Visit Trick at Currency Exchange to trade one type of event currency for another HERE.
Visit the Graveyard every 15 minutes to get another random event currency HERE
Staff Events
Want to win awesome prizes? Check these links out!
If you're looking for murder and mayhem - the game Assassin is worth a look!
If you're missing solving clues or riddles - take a gander at the Sugar Rush game!
Want to design a spooky item? Run right over to Deadly Design!
Are you a fashion guru? Show it off at Drop-Dead Fashion!
Budding costume designer? Check out Costume Capers!
Are you handy in the kitchen? Spooky TrEATS is where you should go!
More of a writer? Under the Sheets is a place for you to show off your skills!
Places to Chat
NO OFF-TOPIC CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD. If you want a thread to chit-chat in, try these NPC threads!
Danse Macabre - The Town Hall is decorated for partying and dancing! Mr. Mayor and others often visit.
Lise's Caravan - Lise has parked one of her family wagons there and is telling fortunes. She'll be there from time to time and you may see others as well!
Vicktoria's Bakehouse of Horrors - Vicktoria has nasty cookies she wants to get rid of!

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-30-2009 at 04:14 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2009, 10:31 AM

Please do not post off-topic "Yay" chatter here.

Questions only please.

nvs
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 10:35 AM

What is the 'perform' button under avatars for?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2009, 10:38 AM

It's leftover code from Celes Paradi... It doesn't do anything and hopefully will shortly be removed. :)

nvs
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 10:42 AM

It's not there anymore ^^
Thanks for answering, I should have remembered.

Pretty Handsome Awkward
8D

Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 AM

Oh sorry about that, I should have asked the question I wanted to ask but forgot.
For event rares, they won't use different currencies will they? Like one uses bones, or one uses ribs. I read the previous posts by Jeryck, but I'm not sure if I had overlooked it or not.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2009, 10:59 AM

They should use a mix of different currencies, but not all of them will use a mixture.

(I wasn't mad, btw. I'm very, very, very tired.)

Pretty Handsome Awkward
8D

Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 AM

Ah I see. It's okay I understand the tired part! I'm planning to go back to sleep soon myself.

I like that idea, with the mixture of currencies!

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-31-2009, 11:06 AM

ah, I see
the event currencies were a little confusing at first, but it all seems to make sense now

wish

Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 AM

This is odd, when i try to trade 3 or 4 skulls or ribs for bones, it tells me that i don't have any currency. however it works when i trade 1 or when i trade 2. :O

Solved one portion so I deleted it!

Last edited by wish; 10-31-2009 at 11:36 AM..

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 AM

question
when visiting the crypt, is it within each 15 minute block, or 15 minutes since the last time you visited?

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 PM

so... has the event started yet? or will it start at night?

because I can't visit the crypt.. it says it's locked. even though I have never used it before.

Insert_Witty_Username
Flamboyant Gelatinous Kumquat
Send a message via MSN to Insert_Witty_Username

Old 10-31-2009, 12:07 PM

I'm having a problem trading ribs for bones. Whenever I try and do it it says I have no currency :S

Luciana SinCross
~Fiesty Gothic Beauty;

Old 10-31-2009, 12:43 PM

Thank-you for this little FAQ forum for the Halloween event here on Menewsha. I was a bit confused as to what to do with the bones, but, once I read the post, it was alot clearer to me as to what I had to do.

And Happy Halloween! <3

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 12:46 PM

I have firefox and the crypt isn't working for me.

Edit: ok it works now. Is the "it's locked" thing just a dud chance?

Last edited by Nephila; 10-31-2009 at 12:51 PM..

nikijay88
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 12:47 PM

:< I tried to go to the Crypt for the first time, and the gates are locked :o I can't get nuffin'

VeRiTaS_CuRaT
Akira

Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 PM

I'm pretty sure this has been said, but the Crypt seems to be perpetually locked. Is there a reason for this or is it a glitch?

Chizuru_chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM

hw to enter the crypt?

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2009, 12:54 PM

it seems to be working for me now :3 yei!

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 12:55 PM

The crypt seems a bit buggy, not sure if the stuff going on with it is intended or not.

First time I went there, around 10 past the hour, it said the gates were locked. I waited until 17 past and it said the same thing. I tried again 32 past and finally got a bone. Then I tried again 46 and it said I got a bone, but I didn't get anything. So I tried clicking again just to see what was going to happen, and it kept saying I got a bone, even though I was getting nothing. o_O

Then I deicded to wait a few minutes and just went to try again. 49 past it said I got a bone, but I seem to have gotten a skull instead, and whenever I click the crypt now I keep getting the message that I got a bone, even though it's not giving me anything.

I dunno if the message for the bones/skulls/ribs (which look like brains to me :XD) are meant to be different though. :P Or if every 15 min means set times or 15 min from the last time you received something.