For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Thanks Lilith! :D Here's a cookie to admire as well. Now I can DIE x_X

Cookie
Your Name: For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients:A Boxed Sugar Cookie Mix and Marshmallow Fondant
Recipe: You really don't want to know.
Inspiration: My inspiration for this cookie was fortune telling. As I am a For-Chan Cookie, so I used a fortune cookie on my cookie!
Entry Name: Good Fortunes!
Entry:

*dies* I really had to push myself to do cookies on top of the cupcakes. This was painstaking work people! So this is the only one I made. Those letters. Oh those letters were murder. The straight ones are ok, it's the loopy O's and S's that killed me x_x The fondant was fun for that smooth clean look but I should have used frosting for the letters ;_;

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Your entries are beautiful For-Chan! lol They certainly look like a good deal of hard work. I've never worked much outside of icing a cake one solid color. XD

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Another cute entry by For-Chan

fondant is a pain in the butt
my sister decided we had to make something with it
so we made a tierd cake and used fondant
half way through it I was done and we had bought the icing so the cake didn't even taste good

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Thanks Starr. This is the first time I worked with fondant. Luckily, my crappy camera covers up just how awful my covering of my cupcakes was! The cookie was much easier being small and flat. I thought about doing shaped cookies but my brain flatlined. So we have a cookie with a cookie on it instead :rofl:

Thanks Lilith :D

Fondant is a pain in the butt! If you look at my cupcake entries, my fondant is a bit streaky because kneading the color in is a pain and I got impatient. It doesn't even taste all that good. I always peel it off to eat what's underneath anyway! I prefer a nice delicious buttercream frosting. :D

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-15-2010, 03:27 PM

I like cream cheese frosting and whipped cream frosting.
I really don't like frosting. I only eat a few kinds so most of it I peel off

----------

I did some good fondant once though.
When I was working at the local community college. The culinary arts department were on cakes and everyone was making fondant cakes. They had fondant that was just suppost to be pretty and then stuff that was suppost to taste good. The chief who taught that class would send the counseling department (where I worked as a student worker) cakes over. And they would make me try them first to tell if the fondant was good or not.
Most were horrible but he sent one he made one time and it was pretty good.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM

I love cream cheese frosting. I hate the crap from a can though. I always make fresh cream cheese frosting.

I'm sure there's some yummy fondant out there, but I have very limited experience with it and the few times I've had it, I just peel it off cause it's yucky. Not that it tastes outright disgusting, it's just bland rubbery sugary gunk mostly. Bleh.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-15-2010, 03:46 PM

I didn't even know you could buy it in a can.

Yep, most of it is like that.
And fondant is really just used to make something really pretty that will sit out being pretty all day.
It is usually super thick. And seriously if you can peel the frosting off how good can it be?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Well, not a can, but a container. Pre-made frosting is pretty blech. Chocolate is the only kind in a container that I don't hate.

I'm not opposed to pretty cakes, as long as there is a delicious buttercream and cake hiding underneath. :D

On some food show, they featured a cake place that makes cakes with frosting, but their frosting looks like fondant. I thought it was really cool that they were able to achieve that look without fondant.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM

ah, we get chocolate in a container

I'm the same way.

That's cool. I bet they get lots of business

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM

I love your entries, For-Chan. c: I refused to use fondant. It always doesn't want to work for me. And be a pain in the ass. -.-

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 AM

Thanks Red :D I wanted to use it to pull off my ideas. I wouldn't do it on a full cake. I covered the cupcakes pretty badly, so I'm sure I'd be awful at covering a cake. Plus I don't have a good work space to roll out the fondant.