Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:03 PM

Art by ToriKat. Banner by Ferra.

Come all ye Menewshans, both timid and bold,
and join in a Hallowe'en custom of old --
Don your best costume and shuffle your feet,
for tonight is the night that we go Trick-or-Treat!

Dates: Hallowe'en Night - Nov. 2nd*
Times: Various - Read on for details!

*Please note:
Profile Trick-or-Treating has ended, but you may still find the NPCs around the various event threads ~ thank everyone for playing and bearing with the difficulties! :)
Quote:

Hey, Trick-or-Treat thread regulars!
There's a user-made hangout thread for the rest of the event HERE. Go visit! :)

Old news.X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Morning, guys!

I need to announce a change in how we're going to handle this Trick or Treat activity going forward. I've been talking with the NPCs and we've noticed a few things that we feel aren't working as smoothly as we'd hoped.

First, as any of you who have waited hours and hours for a trade have already noticed :sweat:, it is taking a lot longer than we would like to get your treats out to you. This is not only frustrating folks, but monopolizing all of the NPCs' time and keeping them from tending to their other threads.

Second, since we aren't able to have a set schedule for when each NPC is "home," in order to have a chance at collecting all of the items you pretty much have to stay in this thread 24/7. That's okay if you have nothing else in your life going on, but it's a barrier for people who are trying to run event hangouts or participate in other threads (or, shower regularly). There are a lot of other neat things going on in this event and we feel like we are keeping people from enjoying them in a way.

SO HERE ARE THE CHANGES! ... *drumroll*
  • The NPCs are going to try to hand out as much candy as possible via profile Trick-or-Treating over the next 2 days, the same way they've been doing.
  • Beginning Nov 3rd, profile trick-or-treating will end. Instead, the NPCs will be taking their candy and going out to the other event threads (including user-made hangouts, art shops, etc -- basically, any thread in the event forum!) and passing them out as they see fit to folks who are doing other stuff.

I'm sure this will upset some of you (though I hope it won't :)), but we feel like it will be more "fair" and more fun for a larger number of people to have the NPCs out and actively interacting with folks at the end.

Thank you.. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. As always, you may leave your flaming poo on my doorstep also. :D

Last edited by BellyButton; 11-03-2010 at 03:58 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 PM

How will this work?

The basic concept for this activity is to treat each participating NPC's profile as his or her "home," and to use the profile comments as a means of trick-or-treating each one. At various points during the event, certain NPCs will be available for visitors. They'll post here to let you know they're home, and it will be up to you to act on it -- you'll post "trick or treat" on their profiles and they'll trade you a treat (or trick, as it may be!). To be a bit more specific:
  1. Check the list of Participating NPCs in post #4 to see who is currently "home" and accepting visitors. (They may also just drop in for a moment and post a quick note in the thread, so make sure to keep an eye out.)
  2. When you find someone who is home, click the image or hotlink to visit the NPC's Profile.
  3. Post a Visitor Message on the profile containing the words "Trick or Treat."
  4. Check your trades and accept your treat! (We can't make any promises with the more mischievous sorts, though.. You may just get a trick instead!) Note: Trade notifications are broken for some people so please keep checking your trades if you're expecting an item.

THE RULES

You may trick-or-treat each profile ONLY ONCE PER ACCOUNT. If you spam profiles we may have to ask you to stop participating altogether, and you won't get any treats. You may, however, trick-or-treat on your mule as well as your main. Approved charity mules are welcome to participate also. But be mindful of the Site Rules concerning mules, please!

BE RESPECTFUL. When a townsperson posts that they're out of candy, please respect that and don't beg and complain on their profile or in the thread -- chances are the shortage is only temporary!

Please don't bother folks who aren't on the list of participating NPCs! If the porch light is off and the curtains are drawn, it's safe to bet they don't want you rapping at the door.

PLEASE BE PATIENT. As this is a code-free event we have to manually trade each item to each person, so expect the occasional delay when we get swamped with requests. We promise we won't forget you!

Party Poopers!
Due to their continued disregard for the rules, the following people can no longer participate in this activity:
(Don't wind up here, folks!)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What kind of prizes can I get here?
A. This thread will be handing out Halloween Special NPC Gifts (SNGs). These are special items that NPCs will only be giving out around Halloween, so if you miss them this time you might have to wait until next year!

Q. When will the NPCs be home? I can never seem to catch one.
A. We can't have them stay home the whole time, as they're all involved in other activities. But there will be several opportunities (in multiple time zones) to catch them throughout the event.

Q. Is there a way to subscribe to this thread, so I don't miss anything?
A. When viewing a thread, at the top of the page on the right there's a dropdown menu labeled Thread Tools. If you click that, you'll see an option to Subscribe to this Thread. Once subscribed, you need only to hit My Account (top of the screen near the Mene logo) to see a list of your subscribed threads that have new activity. Quite handy!

Q. How will I know what sort of costumes a given NPC would like to see?
A. There is a wonderful guide that offers some background information on the various townspeople and shopkeepers of Menewsha: The Menewsha NPC Guide

Q. I'm worried about accidentally visiting the same NPC again.. Is there a way to tell who gave out what?
A. Observe the following list to help determine which NPCs you should visit:

The Treats!
  • Mr. Mayor gave out Halloween Candy Stick ~
  • Nalin gave out Herbal Candy Stick ~
  • Vicky gave out Halloween Pumpkin and Booger Cookie ~
  • Jeryck gave out Toffee Candy Stick ~
  • Cecilia gave out Sweet Berry Candy Stick ~
  • Magnus gave out Cool Berry Candy Stick ~
  • Abel gave out Crystal Mint Candy Stick ~
  • ~Aimee~ gave out Tropical Candy Stick ~
  • Peeblo gave out FieryCandy Stick ~
  • Lise gave out Dark Berry Candy Stick ~

Last edited by BellyButton; 10-31-2010 at 08:09 PM..

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 PM

Trick or Treat Costume Contest!

Ooh! Grandpa forgot to tell you something! You can't go trick-or-treating if you're not wearing a costume! Make sure you remember to dress up first - you might even win something special if you do it just right!

How do I participate?
This isn't a contest you "enter" in a traditional sense. When you trick-or-treat a participating NPC's profile, he or she will be taking notice of what you're wearing. If your costume catches the eye and appeals to the person's particular tastes, you have a chance of being chosen as his or her "favorite costume." Those who manage to achieve this feat will receive a special prize at the end of the event.
PLEASE NOTE: Beware of changing outfits too quickly -- the NPCs will only be able to see
what you are currently wearing at the moment that they check your post!

Our Favorite Costumes

Vicky likes CK's outfit!

Lise likes Jesmond's outfit!

Magnus likes Sizzla's outfit!

~Aimee~ really liked Momochan's costume!

Abel likes Lexicon Doll's costume!

Peeblo likes Beautiful Disaster's costume!

Jeryck adored Precarious Fool's rendition of Hamlet!

Jeryck also liked Cult Classic's costume very much!

Nalin liked Thulhu's outfit!

Last edited by Jeryck; 11-02-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Trick or Treat Hosts and Hostesses

Mr. Mayor - Vicktoria Valentine - Jeryck - Cecilia - ~Aimee~ - Nalin - Magnus - Abel - Peeblo - Lise

Who is home now?

( n/a )

Last edited by BellyButton; 11-03-2010 at 06:50 PM..

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM

*giggles*
I can't wait to see all the costumes! I want someone to dress as a bunnyfish! Oooo! And! And a whalecow! *bounces* This is going to be so much fun! Plus there's going to be lots and lots of candy!

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-29-2010 at 10:50 PM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM

So long as they don't eat it all at once, right Cessy? *chuckles*

You may post now, everyone. Happy Hallowe'en!

Last edited by Jeryck; 10-29-2010 at 10:52 PM..

Soul
So I heard you like mudkip?
Send a message via AIM to Soul Send a message via MSN to Soul

Old 10-30-2010, 11:31 PM

This sounds pretty cool. I'm excited

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Sounds interesting!

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Aww, this is really cute. I need to make a costume now. :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-30-2010, 11:39 PM

wooo its started YAAAY <3

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 PM

RAWR! I'm a harpy! *giggles*

dokurai
Crazy Old Uncle taco man

Yayz event started...don't think i can make a costume...unless this counts as the grim reaper...

Mr. Mayor
NPC

I'm at "home" right now *smiles*

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22

Old 10-30-2010, 11:50 PM

If the Mayor is home why can't we post on your profile?

Mitsunari
Never gonna take me down.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoto-chan22 View Post
If the Mayor is home why can't we post on your profile?
-.-; same ^^

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

haha yea what Nao said.....

dokurai
Crazy Old Uncle taco man

Same can't post to profile...

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

What nao said! :gonk:

Soul

Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 PM

Same. u.u

Mitsunari
Never gonna take me down.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 PM

Seems she found the broken page already ^^, thats my girl -.^

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 PM

Maybe he's in the bathroom?

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 10-30-2010, 11:54 PM

*flails arms* I wanna trick or treat NOW!! *head explodes*

Soul

Ohmy. I sure hope we're not intruding. xD

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22

Don't people know, no poops when its trick or treat night*huff*

dokurai
Crazy Old Uncle taco man

Old 10-30-2010, 11:55 PM

Bathrooms...feh...He's probably plotting world domination over tea and cookies with peeblo...