AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:18 AM

"...Wow..." Ulric had nothing else to say, he was totally amazed, since he was from a poor family, he never knew how big the houses, or in this case, mansions could be.

The male got off of the cap and glanced at the cab driver "Thanks" He said with a slight smile and focused his gaze at the huge mansion. He began to walk towards the large area and, eventually, got to the main door. "Should I....knock...?" He thought and scanned the area to know if there was a button.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM

Indeed there was a button, but he was never given the chance to push it.
The door opened slowly and a maid and butler dressed in immaculate uniforms smiled politely at him.
"Welcome Mr. Basford, Mr. Kurogane is awaiting you in the tea longue" the butler greeted.
They stepped aside to allow him entrance.
"Please follow me" the maid requested and led him down the long, grand hallway.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:27 AM

"Uhm....alright..." He blinked twice but did what he was told, glancing at both, the modern and old, sculptures and wonders of the mansion

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 AM

Fujita was sitting at a small, but cozy table by the window, a thick, leather volume in his frail hands.
"Mr. Basford has arrived" the maid announced, breaking Fujita from his deep thoughts.
He smiled from ear to ear, and stood to greet his guest. "Ah, welcome Ulrich, please have a seat" he said enthusiastically.
He nodded to the maid who smiled and bowed before heading out the door to bring in the tea.
"I trust your trip here was pleasant?" Fujita asked politely, as he returned to his seat. From the window was a great view of the courtyard, and several wisteria trees, neatly trimmed rose bushes and several water fountains and stone benches. It was truly a sight to behold.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:45 AM

"It certainly was..." Ulric walked up to the cozy table and sat down on a chair of it. "You got...a really nice view from here..." He looked around, admiring the beautiful trees and water fountains.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 05:51 AM

Fujita seemed very pleased with Ulrich's statement. " Indeed, this house has been in the family for five generations now, this is one of my favorite rooms" he admitted.
The maid came in with a rolling trolley filled with tea stuffs. She set them carefully and neatly on the table and bowed before being dismissed.
"So, tell me about yourself Mr. Basford, I'm quite curious about the brave man who saved me" he said kindly.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 AM

"Oh...well...I study at a school in the center of the city thanks to a scholarship I have..but...I will quit tomorrow..." He said sadly "I...must work to get money and my scholarship isn't enough to pay my studies anymore" He smiled faintly at Mister Fujita.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 06:19 AM

A frown marred Fujitas aged face. "Mr. Basford... I think I have a solution to your problem... If you wouldn't mind hearing me out" he began hesitantly.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2011, 06:56 AM

"? Seriously?!" Ulric's eyes widened as he couldn't believe what he was hearing, yet, he wasn't the kind of persons who asked for money, so he was prepared to reject any loan.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 AM

Fujita smiled kindly. " Mr. Basford, you have what I believe is the perfect personality to help assuage a problem of mine... You see, I am very old... As it is, I have many health problems... But, that is to be expected with someone of my age. My grand daughter is my only living relative, she's a young lass.. About your age, give or take a year... You see, she's not terribly fond of company, and is quite introverted actually...." he began.
He thought about it for a moment. " I worry every day about the fate that rests upon my grand daughter, handing down the rights to my company is too much for her... That is why it is my wish for her to open her heart to others... Experience love, get married... She needs someone to take care of her Mr. Basford...." he admitted.
Looking out the window, he brought his cup of tea to his lips and took a deep draw. "But, she is... Reluctant. To be honest, she is not to many mens tastes...." he sighed.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 AM

"Ah....I see...well...I-I...I don't think I'm getting what you are trying to say" Ulric shrugged nervously, he was extremely nervous for the simple fact that Mr. Fujita said the word "daughter".

Ulric's mind: Daughter means girl
Girl means problems
Problems are bad
Meeting random girls is bad @~@

Childhood thoughts began to invade Ulric's mind, he finally realized what Mr. Fujita was going to ask, but didn't dare to say anything and remained quiet.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 AM

"My Grand daughter is... Untouched by such things as love and the idea of marriage. She avoids contact with...Well, everyone. I think that she would become more welcoming to the idea if her heart experienced love. I think that you can open her heart. I understand that such a task will not be without proper compensation.... So, I'll be forward with you. If you can open my grand daughters heart... Then I will not only pay all your college expenses, but I will also erase your past and current debt. Not only this, but once you graduate, I will ensure that you are hired at Saint Meredith ( A very high class hospital) with a six figure yearly income...." Fujita proposed.
He watched Ulrich's face closely for his reaction.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 AM

-ba bump- Ulric saw that this was a big- no, HUGE opportunity. "I won't teach her to love me...but...to love other persons" He thought and gulped, one of the most difficult decisions he had to make.

-ba bump- -ba bump- "I..." -ba bump- -ba bump- "I will help..." -babump babump babump- Ulric accepted his "task" but he also modified it.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Fujita gave him a beaming smile. "Of course, whatever is most comfortable with you. I feel that you have the correct personality to deal with my Grand daughters... Abrasiveness. If you can teach to open her heart to others, then she will have even the slightest opportunity to love and be loved by others" he said happily.
Taking one last sip of tea. "Well then, would you like to meet her? My Grand daughter is named Momoko, she is probably fast at work up in her bedroom" he asked, an eager glint in his eyes.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM

"S-Sure I guess..." Even though Ulric was extremely happy to help, he was nervous, again, because of his logic.

He took a deep breath and focused his gaze at Mr. Fujita "Where is she...?" He asked happily and nervous at the same time, a slight smirk appeared on the male's face.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 PM

Fujita stood up and dusted off his clothing. Smiling he gestured for Ulrich to follow him.
He lead him up a stair case and into another large living area, and then to the left where there was yet another staircase.
This stair case lead them to the top floor of the mansion. It was considerably less lavish than the two floors. It was modest and full of antiqued furniture.
Fujita stopped before a door at the end of the hall. "This is her room" he announced, before knocking on the door. "Momoko, we have a quest I'd like you to meet..." he said.
From the other side of the room, music abruptly stopped, and there was the sound of fumbling, a feminine voice cursing as it seemed like someone stumbled over something and tripped, and the sound of the door unlocking.
Momoko stood before them in all her owlish, Gundam otaku glory. Her disheveled pink hair had bits of molding clay and flecks of paint on it. Her hands were red and sore from cutting the pieces for her Gundam model set.
She was dressed in a pair of black leggings and a oversized shirt with Char Aznable printed on the front.
Her eyes were bleary from lack of sleep.
"Ah... Does it have to be right now... I'm still in the middle of modeling a RX-78-2... I have many hours ahead of me" she said quitely, attempting to be polite.
Fujita laughed merrily. " Surely you can spare your beloved Grandfather a few minutes of your time... " Fujita coaxed.
Her shoulders slumped and she sighed. " A few minutes would be okay I suppose" she answered, defeated.
She gave Ulrich a single hard look, and studied him from top to bottom, before snorting slightly, without any further elaborations.
She wordlessly followed her Grand father, their postures complete opposites.
She had terrible posture.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM

"Ah...em...Good day, Miss Momoko..." Ulric said randomly, he tried to sound as warm and polite possible, he didn't know how she was going to react, but, he did know that by the tone of the older man, she wasn't going to be too empathic.

However, there was something that bothered Ulric the most, Mr. Fujita said that Momoko was his only relative...what happened to her parents? He thought and thought but didn't ask anything, it was too inappropiate, specially because he just "met" her.
Ulric tried to keep a gentle smile and a polite looking as he glanced at Momoko, he noticed the clay and her posture, maybe it was his imagination, but the girl was seemed really tired, or, at least, that's how she looked like.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM

( LOL, she just has terrible posture because she likes to slouch. Though, she is often up all throughout the night watching mecha anime and making model kits for Gundams)
Fujita lead them out into the courtyard where he showed Ulrich around the gardens. "Momoko, Mr. Basford here is the one who helped find off those muggers and called the ambulance for me last week" he announced with a wide smile.
Momoko swiveled around and gave Ulrich a slightly incredulous look. "Ah, so you are the valiant hero my Grand Father spoke of then" she started with an unreadable tone.
She stopped walking completely and circled around him. " You don't look like someone who would use a feeble old man for his fortune..." she began, hands on her hips.
She peered at him with squinted eyes. " Listen up, I'll be frank with you because I'm not one for flowery excuses. This is my Grand Father, I love him the most in the entire world. If you hurt him... I will deal you the Swift fist of Justice" she announced, flipping her long pink tresses.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 AM

"A-Ahaha...I think you're being a little too harsh at me..." He replied scratching his head, not even him could imagine himself doing such things, but he could understand that maybe, and just maybe, they had similar situations that end up really badly

"But you don't have to worry, I would never hurt your grandfather", Ulric replied with a slight smirk on his face, trying to be as possitive and kind as he could, he, actually, was dying in the inside because he felt scolded by Momoko.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 AM

She eyed him one last time and breathed in deeply through her nose. " I suppose you pass for now..." she answered.
She looked at her Grandfather and smiled a bright smile that went all the way to her eyes. Her love for her Grand Father was very apparent.
" Momoko my dear, I was hoping that you and Mr. Basford could become cordial with eachother. You have so few friends of your own, and he is an exceptional young man..." Fujita baited.
She gave him a suspicious look. " Grand Father... You aren't trying to set me up with another marriage suitor are you?" she asked him.
Fujita offered her a smile that assured her otherise -even if it was a complete lie-. "Of course not my Dearest..." he answered, reaching over to ruffle her hair.
"Good. I already told you, I don't need a Husband... " she replied.
She looked over to Ulrich "Well, I suppose we should properly introduce ourselves... I'm Momoko Kurogane, I'm 19. I am a college student, and my hobby and interests are Gundam, building Gundams, drawing Gundams, and anything mech related. I don't like vegetables or anything girly" she said proudly, sticking her hand out for him to shake.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 AM

"Ulric Basford, I'm 20 and I am a medic" He shook her hand kindly and smirked a little bit more, every single time he looked at Momoko, he could remember his sister.

*flashback* "Ulric...come here..." Said Ulric's sister with a creepy grin on her face. "E-Em...yes...sister...?" A younger Ulric walked up to her "Catch!" She threw some stuffed animals at him, which he couldn't catch "Wow!" He could barely held one "Hehe, silly Ulric, you must be faster" His sister went up to him and pulled his hair, in a gentle way though. "Ow..." Ulric closed one eye in pain "Now, you see the plushies? I want you to pick them up, ok?" She said kindly "b-but..." He mumbled "I said....ok..?" She glared at him "Uhm....e-ehehem...s-sure..." Ulric picked the stuffed animals up. *end of the flashback*

Ulric grinned slightly in the terrified way as he shook Momoko's hand, he raised one eyebrow nervously and hoped that she wasn't going to be rude with him.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 AM

Noticing the strange expression on his face, her brows furrowed together and she shot him a strange look. " Are you okay?" she asked as if he had suddenly grown a second head.
A thought suddenly popped into her head. "... I get it... You are a gynophobe aren't you... You get real nervous around girls right?" she mused.
She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "Don't worry about me... I'm a pretty poor excuse for a girl. I don't like Brad Pitt, and I don't own any make up" she admitted, giving a quick chuckle.
"Who needs all that when you can have Char Anzabel" she sighed, a dreamy expression crossing her face as she reminisced her favorite Gundam character.
Her mind began to wander to Gundam almost immediately, and she sort of spaced out.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 AM

"Oh...I...uhm...see..." Ulric replied confused, he didn't even know what an "anime" or "manga" was, but he had to get, somehow, related with Momoko, so he decided that it would be better if he got to know what she liked "And Char Anzabel is...?" He asked cluelessly of what she was talking about.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 AM

Shocked by the question, Momoko almost tripped over a rock. She stared at Ulrich with wide eyes.
"Y-You don't know of Char Anzabel?" she stammered, as she paled. She looked as if she had seen a ghost.
She stretched her shirt out before her, allowing the character on her shirt to be well scene. "This is Char Anzabel... He is perfect" she sighed wistfully.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 07:00 AM

"???" Ulric focused his gaze at her shirt and narrowed his eyes "Ah...al...right..." He tilted his head to the left really slightly. "He seems kind of...cool..." He smiled at her nervously, still not knowing why did she pointed at a cartoonish figure.

Ulric began to think about some possibilities, maybe she was kidding, maybe it was a real person but caricatured, or maybe it was, seriously, a cartoon. He was even more clueless than before, his confusion was only overcomed by his nervousness.