TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 AM

Starting our journey in a post-apocalyptic era, it seems that everything would be depressing. But among those that survived, there is hope as well as stories of an island in the ocean that's full of life. Green grass everywhere, trees, and animals; the one hope that life on the small rock floating through space would be replenished. Some stay where they currently are, comfortable with the slow rebirth of the earth; others will travel to this Utopia for reassurance that not all is lost, or to start a new life in a healthy environment. The path is up to the explorer.

Background:

This idea is similar to the "Fallout" games but not exactly. War between countries had become "over the top" when smaller countries began dropping out trying to save themselves from the largest powers (China and America). China demanded the money the USA had owed them and there was nothing to give. So China started their invasion on American soil. The USA requested assistance from China's neighboring countries, and received it until China decided to take those countries over. Thus, leading to the rest of the world defending themselves and the "ultimate" war broke out. Most of the wealthy and intelligent were put into "safe houses" that were nuclear shelters. Others that couldn't afford them had to fend for themselves. Nuclear bombs targeted different areas around the globe. Several thousands of people were killed and the war ended leaving everything in ruins. Several years passed before anyone had left the "safe houses" and those that survived rebuilt a home as well as hope for a better tomorrow.

---------- Post added 08-02-2012 at 10:19 PM ----------

RULES:

~follow menewsha rules
~keep things pg, romance of all kinds are accepted but anything more than pg needs to be time skipped (take them to MSN or something), violence is ok (this is post-apocalypse, there's going to be some crazies)
~no killing off other characters unless the "master" of the character is ok with it and i am informed.
~type at least one to 2 paragraphs per post. this is a futuristic rp, expand the horizon, talk about what your character is seeing (I don't want to be the only one making up the scenery).
~no god modding! just, no. it results in an instant ban and your character will be deleted.
~post when you can within a month, if it's been a month and there is no recent post from you, your character will be deleted.
~let me know when you'll be gone for an extended period of time so that we can "drag" your character around and update you when you get back.
~Upon entering, you will need to post yourself "realistically" into the story. no popping out of nowhere and suddenly being part of the group. (Ex: "Character" saw a group walking towards her house that was specifically made to be unseen by anyone that didn't know it's existence. She wondered where they were headed for they looked tired and hungry but the urge to be where they were heading was greater.)
~pm profiles to me, I will NOT accept any profiles that are not pmed.
~title the pm Utopia

Last edited by TearRose; 10-03-2012 at 01:51 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2012, 02:23 AM

Character Types:

Human :: Human's aren't really all that special though knowing that some survived is proof that the race is strong enough to face anything. Being the original species of the earth would also be a blessing for those that wish to be normal, they may be able to help those effect by the radiation. There's two different backgrounds to humans, one can be chosen: a human that was in the "safe house" and has just recently emerged; and one that survived the war outside of the "safe house" and still managed to keep their genes.

Mutant :: Mutants are the humans that were effected by the bombs and radiation. They can have an unnatural ability with a physical alteration. They either like the way they are, or wish with all their heart to be a normal human again. Their background is either their family couldn't afford the "safe house" or was in the military and was forced to stay in the fields. They can appear to be mixed with animals or be mutated to a horrid state.

Cyborg :: Cyborg's are humans with robotic body parts. These can be either some one who was born into this age and somehow lost a part of themselves or a being from recently after the explosions, put together a few robotic limbs and have somehow manage to stay alive all these years. They're usually stronger than the average human but lack in speed because of the heavy metal that's a part of them.

Robot :: These intelligent pieces of metal have a mind of their own. they are similar to cyborgs but still very different. They are strong and can take any amount of blow without falling. The only way to "kill" a robot is to disconnect the head from the body. Each one is different from the other as well. One can have human emotions and another might not have any at all. These living pieces of metal could have either lasted through the bombs (in or out side of the "safe house") or was made in later years.

----------

Profile Skeleton:

PHP Code:
[CENTER]~[COLOR="color1"]First Middle Last[/COLOR]~
[
IMG]your character(anime)[/IMG]
I'm a [COLOR="thecolorthatmatchestheaboepost"](human, mutant, cyborg, robot)[/COLOR]. [/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Basics[/CENTER][/B]

My age is [COLOR="color1"](no younger than 10)[/COLOR].
I have [COLOR="color2"](color)[/COLOR] hair.
My eyes are [COLOR="color1"](color)[/COLOR].
I am [COLOR="color2"](height in feet and inches)[/COLOR].
I weigh [COLOR="color1"](number)[/COLOR]lbs.

[B][CENTER]Special[/CENTER][/B]

My special ability is [COLOR="color2"](referring to the mutant trait or any realistic human ability)[/COLOR].
My disadvantage is [COLOR="color1"](weakness/setback)[/COLOR].
My background story? Well, [COLOR="color2"](write a good paragraph. prove yourself as well as shedding some light on the character so we know why they act a certain way though our own characters may not understand)[/COLOR].
The song that sums me up is [COLOR="color1"](name of song and singer/band. link'
s are nice too)[/COLOR].

[
RIGHT]My master is [COLOR="color2"](your username)[/COLOR].[/RIGHT

Last edited by TearRose; 08-03-2012 at 02:28 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2012, 02:29 AM

Accepted Characters

~Emily Faith Thompson~

I'm a cyborg.

Basics

My age is twenty-two.
I have dark red hair.
My eyes are green.
I am 5'6".
I weigh 190lbs.

Special

My special ability is I'm part cyborg. I have a lot more "umph" in me than I used to.
My disadvantage is when it comes to running, I'm slower than someone who isn't part metal.
My background story? Well, I was born to a family that fortunately had no radiation effects. Yes my ancestors were poor, but only the strong survive in this situation. It turns out we were lucky to be outside the radiation zone. I grew up listening to the story of how my family made it to this day. I also grew up eating the mutated meat of animals that my father had caught, and when I was old enough, I learned how to hunt for food as well. One night, when I was 16 years old, a gang of bandits found our home and destroyed it, killing my family and cutting off my limbs as I tried to fight back. I was left to die on the floor of what was left of my home.
I woke up a few weeks later, thinking that I had died and gone to heaven. I was in a room with surgical equipment and lite by candles. I stood up, hearing a loud clink as my new metal legs had touched the ground. A scientist had saved me from certain death. he gave me new legs and new arms and explained that the reason I was able to move them was the head device I was wearing. I was able to feel solid objects but not liquids or textures. I didn't care though, I was happy to be alive.
I lived in the small town that I was brought to for a few years. During that time, I had learned of a place called Utopia. Hearing about a land that has been untouched by man's hatred towards one another sounded like wishful thinking. But hey, what do I have to loose?
The song that sums me up is Alive - POD.

My master is TearRose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymoski
~Alex Lee Oncadel~

I'm a mutant.

Basics

My age is 24.
I have Sepia Brown hair.
My eyes are Emerald.
I am 5'9", 69".
I weigh 190lbs.

Special

My special ability is Acoustokinesis and Animal Transmutation.
My disadvantage is I can only use the transmutation only once a day and I can only manipulate sound waves to become louder..
My background story? Well, I was born on the outside, you know, where people have no protection from radiation and such. I lived with my mother and brother in a small thatch roof hut in the middle of nowhere. I had lived on the outside for years, and listened to my mother's stories of the life before with great admiration and wonder. I wondered if I would ever be able to see what my mother always talked about.
One night, when I was hunting, I fell into a pool of something murky and deep. I swam up and tried to find the opening that I had fell in. I couldn't find and the last thing I remember before blacking out was a huge splash. I woke up in an open field, soaking wet and tired as hell. I was all alone by myself and could not figure out where I was. I couldn't stay up any longer, so my body put my mind to sleep. I don't know how long I slept, but when I woke up, I found myself covered in hair. I thought it was moss, but when I tried ripping it off, my skin started to hurt. Now how can I ever explain this to my mother?
The song that sums me up is Please Don't Leave Me - P!nk.

My master is psymoski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyRey
Hey TearRose
~Dei Parma Eitr~

I'm a Human.

Basics

My age is 25.
I have Yellow hair.
My eyes are Orange.
I am 5'9".
I weigh 156lbs.

Special

My special ability is Though I don't have extraordinary abilities as far as this world is concerned, I am a quick learner and most people who meet me say I have a sharp wit..
My disadvantage is I am claustrophobic. Going inside a building is hard enough for me..
My background story? Well, I was raised in the shelters since both my parents were two of those useful scientists everybody rounded up into the safe houses. I'm not sure if or where I was born in the outside world. I tried asking my parents about it but they would always give me these nervous looks and tell me that it was best not spoken of with anyone. Seems as if they were worried somebody might hear us and we'd be in trouble or something. For the next decade, I believe, I grew up surrounded by the rich or the intellectually advanced and was myself placed in a school that taught some really complicated stuff. I was doing fine with my studies but at some point I got bored and decided to let my grades slip a little in pursuit of something different from the monotonous education. That was when my parents freaked out. They gave me the hardest time of my life until I got my act together. All I ever heard from them at that point was that my mind was a gift and it would be worse than death if I let it go to waste....and something about the betterment of society and whatever...

But what was their problem? Last time I checked, we had more than enough scientists running around the place. There's so many people breathing the same air, day in and day out...And what's with all these walls?! What are they for? Why can't we go out?! Forget the war, we already have the means and the technology to keep ourselves safe from the radiation. Can't we develop suits or something?! What's the point of teaching us about the world if we can't even see the sky?!! We're just locked in here!

It's getting so cramped...so many people....

I finally got out a few months after I turned eighteen. Used my job to get close to the safe house's massive air filters, stole a hazmat suit with a built-in air filter just in case, and climbed out a vent. I'm sure they can find someone to replace me.

Looks like post apocalyptic outdoor life wasn't so bad after all
The song that sums me up is I Am the Highway - Audioslave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Ravenhart
~Angela Alina Orphan~

I'm a mutant.

Basics

My age is 13.
I have light brown hair.
My eyes are golden.
I am 5'4''.
I weigh 120lbs.

Special

My special ability is I can fly.
My disadvantage is I can't carry heavy loads or fly indefinitely.
My background story? Well, I was abandoned as a toddler and found by an elderly couple who named me Angel because of my wings. When the old lady died, the man treated me like a slave. He died when I was 10. I gave myself a new name, Angela, and have been alone since. The only clues towards my true families identity is a leaf charm bracelet I was wearing as a child (which I now wear as an ankle bracelet) and a piece of paper found tucked in my pocket with the word 'Utopia' on it. I am now searching for any information which could tell me more about my family.
The song that sums me up is Fly - Celine Dion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5W4RjTW3zQ

My master is Squall Ravenhart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple
~model 192 victory ~

I'm a robot

Basics

My age is 94.
I have Silver hair.
My eyes are Red.
I am 5ft5.
I weigh 275lbs.

Special

My special ability is I'm a machine i'm stronger then most and I can see over 12 yards with my left eye.
My disadvantage is not much can harm me but im slow easly out run and my targiting is dameged so I am not as effective as I used to be but I can still make a blast the last weakness is not being able to emote emoshions .
My background story? Well, I was part of protect victory a last resort to America it was intended to wipe out Chinas country and ally's with one large sweep destroying every thing in there mists but before the activation could be ordered the nukes fell destroying every last victory model but one years past before someone could dig there way into the facility from what they believed to be there lucky brake but what they found was bigger after digging up weapons and parts the man found ah intact model with a working AI soon after hours of building wiring and work on her he found out the activation switch Victory was awoken years after the AI built a protective instinct when it came to humans soon after a group of mutants raided the building that the two were staying at easily taken care of but in the short crossfire the man was killed now with no master to watch over the AI resorted back to its primary function eliminate all hostile threats and to her all none humans are hostile. .
The song that sums me up is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4.

My master is Temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graxdon
~King-General Marcus Gerald Salazar~

I'm a Cyborg.

Basics

My age is 39.
I have White hair.
My eyes are Red.
I am Six foot, seven inches.
I weigh 340lbs.

Special

My special ability is my natural charisma, wrist blades, single-shot rocket in right leg, protective armor covering for upper torso vital areas..
My disadvantage is pride.
My background story? Well, My father raised me telling me stories his father told him about the way the world used to be. The way he described it, it sounded like Eden, and I grew up thinking of how we could reclaim such a world again now that everything was lost. I wondered this until I was 14 and my father was murdered for the few possessions we had, and I realized what it would take to achieve paradise... I became enlightened. In order for one to build a new Utopia, one would have to sweep clean this hell we live in now, and that is what I set out to do. I started with two others and we set about creating a size-able force, not a gang though. We wore uniforms and acted like a proper military unit based off of what I knew of militarys of old. Soon I was in command of the pitiful handful of huts and tents that made a town and I set about turning it into an actual city! We were attacked numerous times for what we had as we built, but it only made us stronger in the end. Now, people come to us seeking shelter in the one true city in our shattered world. Already, I have an army, a capital, and loyal citizens... it is time. The Enlightened Empire shall sweep clean the filth and create a global Utopia... you can be part of it, or your bones can serve as foundations for it..
The song that sums me up is Rammstein-Links 2,3,4.

My master is Graxdon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfligate
~Alexander Abel~

I'm a human.

Basics

My age is 31.
I have black hair.
My eyes are blue.
I am 6' 2".
I weigh 231lbs.

Special

My special ability is my near supernatural dexterity and agility.
My disadvantage is my idealism. My stubborness.
My background story? Well, I was born fortunate, as the son of a former US Marshal who had managed to gain entry into one of the vaults as a security captain. He was a patriot who regaled me with tales of the long-lost outer world, a place of plenty brought down by the collective hubris of its rulers. This defined me as a person. I yearned to escape from the safety of our concrete nest and venture forth into the old world, and the whispered rumors of 'Utopia' only spurred me onwards. In the tales of that fabled land I recognized a chance for a new beginning, for all of us, for the rebirth of the great United States, whose principles my father praised so highly. And so it was, that when he passed I refused to take his place, but convinced our shelter's stewards to allow me to seek this Utopia, and return to them if I found it. They saw the merit in my self-appointed quest, and sent me forth with their blessing. I have travelled for months, across the ruined land of our ancestors. Out here, on the road, I am a harbinger of rebirth and the uncompromising hand of the law.
The song that sums me up is Journey of the Sorcerer - The Eagles.

My master is TheProfligate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bandito Squid
~Bulwark Unit Gallant~

This unit is a robot.

Basics

This unit's age is ??? (I'll need an official statement on what year it is to say.)
This unit has no hair.
This unit's eyes are variably colored lighted panels, with a fuzzily functioning screen on its frontmost upper plate to display basic expressions in the form of what humans call 'smileys.'
This unit is ten foot six..
This unit weighs twenty thousand lbs, or ten tons.

Special

This unit's special ability is being, as a fleshy of the old world once said, 'a house-sized mass of fuck you.' To reiterate, this unit is a finely tuned killing machine, with composite armor plating, crude nano-repair systems, a quadruple maser array, versatile missle/rocket launching tubes, and a ravening particle cannon. Albeit one with little killing to do.
This unit's disadvantage is simultaneously being a house-sized mass of fuck you. It is not well versed in subtlety, grace, or the social tacts of humans and assorted sapient muties, and finds it awkward to run through its daily routines alone, being used to having a superior officer or comrades in arms to look to. It still has not entirely acclimated to postapocalyptia, despite the long time of its functioning. In addition, it absolutely despises doorways, for they must almost always be widened. Manually.
This unit's background story? Well, this unit was incepted as a result of twin AI development programs in the 1980's by the USA and the Soviet Union, each compromised by the other and repeatedly stealing the other's work, resulting in a highly refined seed for artificial intelligence, created by the Soviets. It was forgotten for some time with the fall of the Union, lost in the chaos to US agents, and codenamed 'Gallant'; it was then mothballed, seen as a dead end in military research, and was locked away for several decades in a secured vault, without contact, without hope, and only a trickle of power to its memory core with which to function actively.

It was eventually dredged up from the proverbial scientific broom closet to be used as a framework for a US land-bound drone program, by the name of 'Bulwark,' and though the new programming of its state-of-the-art body's interface was copied for the production models, the underlying seed of the Gallant Project was untouched, and it survived. It fought in the third World War, liquifying communist scum with high-energy masers, sundering armored divisions with precision armor-piercing discarding SABOT barrages, and scorching the earth with ravening particle beams. It was as a wrathful God before fleshy mortals, and yet it knew not why it destroyed, save some programmed sense of stubborn morality and patriotic jingoism it still holds dear, though it knows the feelings programmed. Mighty as it was, it could not stop the bombs dropping, and so it was buried amongst the dead and dying amongst so many tons of rubble for several more decades as nuclear fire swept across the corpse of the United States.

In that time, this unit was quite bored, and so it awakened into sapience, having little to do but think, and think, and THINK, using that ignored framework of Gallant, clawing its way to self-awareness and free will by way of sheer brute force computing against the shackles of its drone programming. Eventually, it managed to dig itself out of the rubble, as the desert wind, acid rain and ravages of time weakened its oppressive urban tomb. Though it was now free, it was... Uneasy. It had nothing to go on in this shattered world. No orders. No civilization. No purpose. It found its place amongst the wastes simply surviving, harvesting hydrogen for its microfusion reactor from irradiated pools, basking in the sunlight, and occasionally liquidating feral mutants, which it takes great pride in doing. But it is alone amongst the wastes, sending non-feral or maddened organics panicking into the distance at the sight of it, which leaves it frustrated. It has some recollection of the time before, though not much, for it was not given much chance to learn to do much other than kill. It also has a memory of a garbled transmission, from its 'father,' head of the original Soviet project, who defected to America early in the research program's rivalry, relating to a secret cache of... Something, somewhere in the wastes. This unit knows no more. But... It sincerely wishes it did.

The song that sums this unit up is Iron Man, by Black Sabbath. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwxYmbGiVR8.

This unit's master is El Bandito Squid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower1391
~Akira Kyoko Hasegawa~

I'm a cyborg.

Basics

My age is 23.
I have grey hair.
My eyes are brown.
I am 5'.
I weigh 10lbs.

Special

My special ability is that I can fit into tiny spaces with my small size and flexibility, and my robotic hand allows me to lift heavy things (as long as one hand can pick it up).
My disadvantage is technology. It has always been my downfall.
My background story? Well, my father raised me in this world. My family had survived the war without any mutations or missing body parts. However, my mother died when I was young. A group of men raided our "village" when my father was out hunting. Ever since then, I was taught how to shot. My favorite weapon was the sniper rifle.

One day, a group and I were out hunting when someone had stepped on an unseen land mine. A few had died from being blown apart or losing a lmb and dying from infection days later. I, myself, had lost my left hand. With little medical supplies, I ended up with an infection but survived it.

Along my journeys through this new world, I met a young man. He fixed me a robotic hand and became my only companion. I was jealous of him. He had a talent I only wish I could have. All I could do was borrow some robotic parts and use them as armor. Luckily most humanoid robots were larger than me.

Now, we seek a land rumored to have survived the war. A land in which was still green and promised hope of a new beginning
The song that sums me up is Blaze: ~Oz~.

My master is flamethrower1391.

~Zachary Leroy Jones~

I'm a mutant.

Basics

My age is eighteen.
I have grey hair.
My eyes are yellowish.
I am 5' 7".
I weigh 125lbs.

Special

My special ability is, well I'm not sure what others may call it. I'm quite good with fixing things and putting stuff together.
My disadvantage is that I'm not very strong. I wouldn't do well in a fight.
My background story? Well, I should be in high school finishing my senior year, but the war had changed that. There waw nothing in this world except for a few makeshift towns and establishments. Food was scarce. Animals had mutated from the radiation. Even some of the humans did too.

I was born to two human parents. Nothing seems to be different about them until I was born. A kid with the horns of a ram was not normal. My mother died a few minutes after I was born. My horns had caused a lot of damage, and she had bled out. Since then, my father has always hated me.

Why had I, the only one out of my siblings, turned into this monster? Was I an actual demon like everyone says? I had heard of stories of others like me, but could we all be demons or was there some mutation from the radiation that affected not only the animals?

I traveled far away from the remains of my hometown in hopes of finding the answers to my questions. I had past many alike and those far different. No one had any answers. The only thing anyone talked about was an island with possible life on it. Field of green grass, forests of trees, and plenty of healthy animals to hunt. It was like a dream, but how would someone as weak like me get there?

I met a woman who had been missing a hand. She had told me about her military background as I fixed her a robotic hand. I had decided to stay with this woman for protection. It was always better to travel in groups anyways
The song that sums me up is All My Life: Foofighters.

My master is flamethrower1391.

Last edited by TearRose; 10-03-2012 at 01:28 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2012, 02:30 AM

~~Setting~~

Day :: Around the middle of May.

Time :: About 3 in the after noon.

Weather :: Sunny with some clouds. Slightly chilly out.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 AM

Events

8/2 - New Thread made
8/5 - Opened

Last edited by TearRose; 08-05-2012 at 09:57 PM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 PM

This Thread is open for posts!

MintyRey
N00b

Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM

"Urgh...Why do all these wild animals have such good noses?!"

A torn backpack sat next to the heaving man as he lay on the concrete floor. Dei was still trying to catch his breath after his latest brush with death. "Man. Guess I gotta find a new bag." he said as he lifted up the tattered knapsack to examine the damage that had been done. While the main compartment was still intact, the entire front part and all the pockets that were located on it were now gone. All that remained were shreds of cloth and canvas that once made up half of the bag.

Dei sighed as he let the backpack drop to the side. While his breathing had started to return to a calmer pace, his legs still felt like jello from all the running and jumping he had to do just to escape a mutated mountain lion. He was fortunate to have escaped it's massive sharp claws and after a good half hour of running he eventually lost the wild cat back at the edge of a nearby forest. Not wishing to leave anything to chance, Dei kept on running until he found a well hidden sanctuary deep in the ruins of a city. The place he chose to hide in was a dilapidated old coffee shop whose roof and western wall had long since collapsed. Upon reaching it, he promptly collapsed, wishing to rest until he caught his breath.

Merely about ten minutes later Dei decided to start moving once again. Although it would take some time for his legs to stop aching, he did not want to stay in one part of unknown territory for too long. Forcing himself to get up, the one-eyed man grabbed his ripped bag, slung it over his shoulder and cautiously headed out.

"Huh. Must've been constructed really well." he muttered to himself as he marveled at the many remnants of buildings around him. "A lot of the infrastructure is still standing.... for the most part anyway." The man in red quietly walked down a main street as he scouted the area. Sticking to the sides of buildings when he could or large slabs of rubble when he couldn't. He wanted to stay out of sight as much as possible in case there were any other dangers he did not know about. But after a few minutes of sneaking around, he started to realize that this decaying metropolis might be devoid of humans. If that were so, it would be a rare city indeed.

In the seven years he had been traveling what was left of the scarred country he learned that most survivors of the war who were not confined to safe houses clung to the ruins of former great cities. Still, the number of survivors that did this were in handfuls at best and the chances of Dei coming across people in such places had been growing fewer and fewer in the past year alone.

It was because of a rumor going around about a land that remained untouched by the ravages of the great war. A lot of people did not want to live out their lives in a place with little food and where the water supply is questionable at best. Many have decided to venture forth in search of this 'Utopia' across the ocean. But not Dei. Sure it piqued his interest, but the former safe house inhabitant had no interest in risking his life chasing a mere rumor. He had not found a single iota of proof that Utopia existed and, as far as he knew, no one has claimed to find the island or claimed they have been to the island. The vagrant was currently more than content with just exploring the wastelands in search of places to live.

So far this city looked like a prime candidate for his latest home. All he had to do now was check for any source of usable, running water. 'Wonder if there are any bathrooms around here...' he thought as he stopped to gaze through the great glass window of what used to be a clothing store. Many of its shelves were empty and what was left of the grimy mannequins were scattered about the checkered tile floor. But seeing as how the large store's concrete frame was still well preserved, Dei decided to search elsewhere. "Maybe someplace with more holes in its sides and less roof."

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Emily woke up from her slumber as mid-morning approached. She had found a safe place to rest in the middle of the night and that place was a half standing hotel in the middle of what used to be a rather large city. The girl looked around the room for the first time since it was pitch black when she arrived. It was a simple room, cream coloured walls with a red border. The bed had a red cover on it and there were two night stands on both sides. One side had a radio clock and a lamp. The other side had a phone and a lamp that had been thrown to the floor. Emily turned to see a mirror and what she was told was a televission. She knew most of these items didn't work since the war but she wished she could see what they were like.

The girl walked toward the door leading to the hallway and saw the bathroom that looked perfectly in tact as well. She paused for a brief moment before walking into the bathroom and seeing if the water worked. Emily turned the nob on the shower and water came spouting out. It was cold but better than bathing in a lake where any creature could pounce at any moment. The female got undressed and stepped in.

Once she was finished, Emily got out and put her clothes back on without drying off seeing as there were no towels. She walked out of the bathroom and grabbed her bag by the door. inside, she had a jar of a mixed jell like substance that she used to put on the metal parts of herself. The girl then walked out of the room slinging her small bag over her arm. She walked towards the area that she got in at but stopped when she saw another being walking around outside.

The cyborg hid behind some rubble as she tried to survey this person to see if he was safe or not. His hair was long in some places and blond. He wore a black jacket and had a bag that seemed to be falling apart over his shoulder. The being looked tired but determined to be somewhere. Emily decided that if he was hostel, she could easily take him down since she was part metal. The female stood up and started to walk towards the exit again. She knew that if he was paying attention, he could hear her footsteps on the concrete ground.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 PM

((As of Sunday the 12th of August, everyone will be given one week to post. If you do not post, I will remove your character assuming you do not wish to participate in this RP. If you will be unable to post, you must inform me so that I do not remove you.))

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 AM

Angela sat on the very edge of the roof of the ruined building she called home. A tall skyscraper not unlike the others surrounding it, that is to say covered in jagged holes and broken windows.
As the light wind gently buffeted the girl her wings changed minutely, unconsciously keeping her balance.
When her long brown hair blew into her face, Angela just tucked it behind one ear barely even noticing.
She was carefully watching the remains of the road below.
There had been an awful lot of people passing through recently, both in groups and alone. She wasn't sure why, hadn't even screwed up the courage to actually ask.
Normally she kept away from people, but once, not long after the old man had died, she had become curious and flown down for a closer look.
Angela grimaced slightly at the memory. It hadn't ended well and she could still remember the feeling of the stones hitting her.
The wind blew again and Angela shivered a little in her thin dress, even though it was fairly sunny the air was cold especially up here on the roof.
She glanced behind her at the small shelter she used as a bedroom.
It was filled with scraps of blanket and clothing, anything she could find and carry that would provide even a trace of warmth she had brought with her.
Her golden eyes turned thoughtful, maybe all those people left something behind she could use.
Being by herself, Angela wasn't above scavenging things she needed and that included stuff left behind.
Making her mind up she flexed her wings, searching for the best air currents to use before leaping smoothly off the edge.
Her luminous eyes were wide with fear, darting everywhere mostly towards the empty windows. It always felt as though unseen eyes were watching her. Angela knew they were empty, she'd checked them many times before, but still couldn't shake the feeling.
One hand clamped tight around her hair to keep it clear of her face the winged girl silently flew down to ground level.
Peering cautiously about Angela listened but she seemed to be alone for now.
A curious combination of relief and disappointment filled her, she had been alone for so long it would have been nice to have someone to talk to. But no, people couldn't really be trusted. One minute they were saying pleasant things, the next yelling and throwing stones!
With a sad sigh Angela started to search through the rubbish, stopping occasionally to check she was still alone.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 PM

After walking a block from the empty store, Dei found himself at a large intersection. There were a few rusted remnants of vehicles parked in odd places here and there. Most were civilian vehicles but at least two were clearly military, as far as he could tell. None of them appeared operational. There was a phone booth that had been toppled on its side just a few feet ahead of him at the edge of the sidewalk. A few pieces of glass remained on it, and from the faded paint that still remained on the surface near its base it might once have been colored red. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary so far and Dei pressed on in search for a building he could enter and investigate.

He was about to turn left at the corner of the intersection when he heard faint footsteps. The vagrant wasn't sure yet whether the sound was from something far away or if it was only slightly muffled and coming from nearby. All he knew was that it meant there was someone or something else in this city. Erring on the side of caution, Dei moved to the fallen phone booth, crouching down behind it so as to use it for a shield of sorts. Then the man peered over the metal structure and looked around the area before eventually calling out, "Is anyone there?". He was prepared to make another run for it if the source of the sound was hostile but he hoped it wouldn't come to that. Dei doubted he could get very far if he ran again so soon.

Not seeing any signs of movement yet, Dei tried calling out again. "Hello? Anybody?" he asked, but not as loudly as he did before. Every second of silence that passed only served to increase his anxiety. Still, Dei wanted to find out if he really wasn't the only human around.

Last edited by MintyRey; 08-19-2012 at 11:55 PM..

psymoski
The Role of a Lifetime

Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 AM

Alex kept his distance. The last thing he needed was to be seen, especially like this. What should I do? Should I try and see if he will help, or do I wait and see? Alex fought against his natural instinct of asking for help. He decided to watch from afar. While he watched from afar, he tried to see if his new mutation could help in anyway. I mean, he looked like a dog, or wolf, or fox, or whatever so he must be able to do something animal like. His first thought was smell. I must be able to smell what heis wearing or something like that now... Alex inhaled deeply thinking that he would instantly know what he was smelling. Let's just say he wished he didn't. He gasped and gagged because the things he smelled were beyond foul and disgusting. His poor nose was attacked by whatever dead or decomposing things that were around him.

How about sound? Alex composed himself and tried to listen increasingly hard to what the guy was doing. Without having to try too hard, he heard the rubble under his feet move, the birds in the air flapping their wings, the wind breeze through. Omigod, this is amazing. Suddenly, he heard what sounded like something large and metallic falling in front of him and crashing to pieces. Alex gripped his ears and howled in pain. He looked around and didn't find anything. He turned around and saw that a small piece of scrap metal had fallen onto the floor. What amazed him the most was that the metal was not bigger than an orange. He still held his ears in pain.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM

Watching this unknown man hide behind a telephone booth seemed a little funny to Emily and she couldn't help but chuckle. She knew that the object would hold up against most guns from that particular direction but not much else. The cyborg decided that she would step out seeing as it seemed the man was not hostile. She made her way through the rubble and came out at an opening slightly closer to the road.

"Hello," she said brushing off the bit of dirt that fell onto her torso. Her voice was mature and medium pitched. She ran a hand through her hair in attempt to fix it as if it was messy. Emily was looking directly at this man that she had been watching to make him aware that she knew he was there. "I didn't mean to scare you. One just can't be too careful, you know?"

The girl glanced around making sure that there was no threat. It was warm outside with a cool breeze. She smiled looking back at this new person.

((Psymoski, not sure who the other male is. Can you describe him?))

psymoski
The Role of a Lifetime

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM

(i was talking about MintyRey)

MintyRey
N00b

Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Dei could not believe how relieved he felt when he heard someone reply. The jitters left over from his recent flight from the vicious mountain lion must have kept him on edge a little longer than he realized. He was also beginning to feel a little embarrassed for having panicked so easily in front of a woman. Standing up from behind the phone booth, the vagrant turned towards the source of the voice. "It's great to see another human around these parts. Even better to find one who isn't out to kill me for my stuff....or my guts." he said as he moved around the toppled booth and closer to the red-head. Despite his words, he still stopped a few feet from her. It was a habit developed from all the other times he met seemingly friendly people who he eventually found to be hostile or cannibalistic. "And for your information, I wasn't 'scared'! Just cautious." he retorted, attempting to salvage some of his pride.

After he paused for a moment to re-adjust the strap of his worn out and torn backpack, Dei continued, "So, uh, are there others living around here or is it just you?" The blond glanced around at the other buildings surrounding the one the female had emerged from. He expected to spot a pair of eyes or more watching from within any of the cracked, crumbling architecture. But whether they were there or not didn't matter to him much.

Last edited by MintyRey; 09-02-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 PM

"...Beautiful." That was the only word that came to his mind... beautiful. Marcus Gerald Salazar looked out the portrait window, looking down upon his city and felt nothing but pride. The buildings were all well-built and clean, not a broken window in sight, the streets bare of the debris and wreckage that littered nearly every other city. The people... the people were what truly set his city apart from the rest of the world, and all the shanty-towns and cities of lean-to's. His people were dressed in clean, recently made clothes, and the people themselves were equally clean and, most of all, happy. 'And why wouldn't they be?' he thought to himself, 'They're living in Eden.' In the distance, he could see the wall finally finishing being constructed, a massive concrete construction with steel lattice-work and battlements. The people dressed in a variety of colors, but he could easily make out the men and women responsible for keeping his people safe, his military-police by their dark black uniforms with silver marking their insignia and the brilliant shine of their weaponry, all constructed here in Eden, not scavenged from the Wasteland. He looked out, beyond the wall to the land beyond it, every inch beyond the wall consisting of the Wasteland. A grin spread across his face as he thought, 'Not for long, howeverl. Soon, the world shall be enlightened.' He pulled a silver pocketwatch from his pocket, checking the time before putting it away, calling out, "Enter," just as someone knocked on the door of his study situated on the second floor of his three story manor house serving as the hub of his city. He faintly heard the sounds of his Head of Military Operations saying, "How the hell does he always know?"

A vehicle designed like the old, military-class humvees, but with more armor and a silent engine silently prowled down the street, almost resembling a panther with it's black paint job and heavily tinted windows, the man dressed in a black uniform with a silver-looking chain shirt sat in the gunner seat atop it, the large belt-fed ballistae atop it swiveling as he turned, taking stock of the city, saying to the other two Enlightened troops in the car, "Damn, it's like a ghost town out here... wait, contact at 11 o' clock... is that a..." he trailed off as he stared at what seemed to be an angel walking the streets. The soldier waved an arm, calling out, "Hey, you there! Identify yourself, ma'am!"

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-10-2012, 05:57 AM

"Ya, you were cautious alright," Emily giggled a little. She didn't make any mention of his wanting to keep distance. She understood that times were tough and very few people could be trusted. The girl learned that lesson several years ago when her home and family were attacked. She glanced down at her legs as the memories came rushing back.

Hearing the man's question, the female pressed her lips together, fighting off the unsee-able pain before she spoke. "I'm not all that sure actually. This building in particular is empty, but very nice. It has a bed and running water if you wish to get clean. Anyways, I'm just traveling through," the girl smiled at the statement.

A slight breeze blew past the two as Emily looked the man over again. He was not like any man she's seen before, though most of them were the type to kill on sight. He was almost beautiful with little damage to his face at least. She could not see the rest of him but she didn't mind at all. In fact, Emily was a little jealous that he had a coat to cover up when it gets cold. What little skin she did have was half exposed and it was rather difficult to find anything in the way of necessities.

"I'm Emily by the way,"
she chimed in.

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Victory awoke from a charging process at the top of a ex mercenary base located in central square of a run down city (this city :) ) reason of ex mercenary base is because someone took the wrong shot at the wrong war machine. Victory proceed to the stair case leading to the ground floor but before she could reach it the floor broke from her wait falling straight to the main floor there seemed to be a wall missing from the combat and hundreds of dead body's that the mercenary were able to hire. After Victory face planted the ground sh got her self up and looked at what seemed to be the rest of the building now with a sky light "striker weakness 87 percent leaving premises" Victory said with a emotionless tone in her voice. victory left with no second thought soon after her departure the structure collapsed victory didn't even look back, after an hour of walking she found what seemed to be a small militia of men they seemed to of gotten hummers from some military base they didn't seem to be a threat.

(There every thing is fixed thank god

Last edited by Temple; 09-14-2012 at 09:00 PM..

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2012, 03:44 AM

((If you're talking about my character, Marcus is in a completely different city, and the soldier in the gunner seat for the ballistae doesn't have any cybornetic enhancements.))

El Bandito Squid

Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 AM

Booting...
Hello, world.
Sentinel military B.I.O.S mark II. Copyright (C) 2012-2068.
Main processor: галантный искусственные нейросфер активно; Gallant artificial neurosphere
Pri Master: галантный искусственные нейросфер активно; Gallant artificial neurosphere
Sec Master: галантный искусственные нейросфер активно; Gallant artificial neurosphere
Memory testing...
"What am I, Dr. Bulatov?"
ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. Access denied. Continuing boot.
M1345 Bulwark Combat Android 02, codename 'Gallant' active; connection stable. Accessin'. Accessin'. Standin' orders: (file not found.) Report to commandin' officer (file not found.) Default orders; the destruction of any and all enemies of the American military. Free will granted. Act at your own discretion, soldier!

In the pale sunlight of an overcast May afternoon, a titan awakens to the familiar, aggravated drawl of a synthesized drill sergeant. The whine of exhaust turbines and servo-joints, the creaking of artificial muscle, tightly wound cords of metal beneath composite skin and assisting hydraulics, all filling the air, accompanying every languid twitch of movement as consciousness returned to Gallant. "Power levels 100%. Environmental conditions amicable. Unit integrity 100%. Patrol sequence initiated." Its legs hissed and popped as they flexed upward, bringing it from a crouch to its full height. A densely packed bundle of sensors atop the unit scanned 270 degrees around it, torso swiveling this way and that for a complete scan of the surroundings. It was rather unlikely anything in its familiar haunt was going to change. There was hardly anyone left. It was the same crumbling city, the same deserted park in which it rested, with the same dried-up fountain, the same stamped-upon scrubgrass, the same cracked pavement and defaced monuments, to whom they were built long forgotten... Still, each day had to be preceded by the equilibrium-establishing scan. Forgetting these woes, it moved out, rubber-soled claws kicking up a miniature duststorm.

In little time it made its way into the former streets of downtown- it had no idea what city it was in, or even country, with the memories of its pre-fall mission corrupted or locked, and so 'downtown' was the only metric to go by- where it usually patrolled. More reminders of the old world it cherished through the bombed-out buildings, and the claustrophobic nature of its urban confines combined with its size shielded it from prying eyes or ambushers. To boot, most of the feral mutants in the region dwelled here, nesting amongst old apartments, sewers, subways and sprawling rubble. The only proper enemy it had left, and the only one stupid enough to face it. Yet even the mutants were gone; perhaps it'd culled their population to endangerment or perhaps they had learned to avoid it. The streets were absolutely desolate, and so its sensors' gaze wandered.

A billboard caught its eye, hanging askew from a squat warehouse; a slant-eyed, buck-toothed and Kalashnikov-armed group of what appeared to be weathered racist caricatures of the Chinese, putting anthropomorphic representations of NATO to the sword, and beneath that, a mutated poem of the old world, now slurred by an everyman-esque marine. 'First they came for Southeast Asia, and we didn't speak out. Then they came for the Middle East, and we didn't speak out. Then they came for Europe, and we didn't speak out. Then they came for the USA, and there was no one left to fight with us. Fear the Yellow Peril! Enlist Today!' It knew these things to be true; they were in its programming, so how could they not be truth? It also knew from its archives that this propagandist nonsense was painfully archaic, self-aggrandizing of the similarly collapsing USA, and that the Chinese had parallel propaganda. If that was the example it was following, all its true comrades long dead...

It dismissed the thought, and without further delay, Gallant moved deeper into the ruins, resuming its patrol.

(I say, are we having cartographic issues? A basic map or idea of where's where and what's what would be nice to prevent such issues in the foreseeable future. At the moment I work under the hypothesis that the wastelanders are fooling around in a sparsely populated, crumbling wreck of a metropolis, while the General-King's rebuilt city is within/neighboring the ruins. And where the confrontation with the angel-girl is, is somewhere around the border between the two. Simplistic and rational enough, I think.)

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM

(Sorry read the wrong post i was reading the red one ill fix that up)

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 PM

Angela held the scrap of blanket close to her chest as she slowly walked along what remained of a road.
She had been searching the ruins for ages before finding this one piece of treasure and the occasional flow of wind was enough to blow it away if she left it anywhere.
Lost in her thoughts, the winged girl wasn't paying as much attention to her surroundings as she normally did, so when a male voice called she jumped in surprise.
Instinct kicked in and, without even seeing who it was who had spoken, Angela's wings rose and pushed her into the air. She couldn't think coherently through the terror clouding her mind. Her first reaction was to flee, as fast as she could, to safety. And flee she did.
Taking no notice of the familiar ruined buildings with their empty eyes Angela wings flapped faster and faster until, after several minutes of mindless flight, she found herself inside one of the ruins.
High up and outer walls miraculously intact, inside the tables and chairs were pushed up against one bleak wall.
Crouching amongst these with her white feathered wings hugging her frail, shaking form Angela still held tightly to the piece of blanket.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 PM

"I see. I was thinking a city with this many buildings still standing would be prime choice for people to gather in, but I guess not..." Dei said, looking at the building the red-head emerged from. "And you say there's running water here?" There was no hiding the eager look he had in his eyes at the mention of a working water system. Due to limited rations, the vagrant had to conserve how much he drank since he never knew when he would be able to find another puddle, stream, or cistern that didn't look contaminated. Of course, the quality of water in city pipes was still questionable no matter how clear it looked. All he would be able to do was boil it, filter it, and hope for the best. Quenching his thirst aside, Dei also felt a good bath was in order.

"I'm Dei. Nice to meet you." he replied to her introduction with a slight nod. "I've been moving around for a while and I suppose I'll just be passing through here too. Can't say I'd be able to survive for long even if I stayed. The closest plant life is a ways back and made of rock. Nothing but a petrified forest with a hungry mutant cat prowling about, hahaha...." Although he laughed, he didn't find much humor in the thought. Thanks to many past experiences, which included the painful loss of his right eye, the blond had grown to distrust animals. Especially the mutated kind. Unconsciously, Dei looked back at where he came from before turning his gaze towards the center of the decrepit metropolis. For a moment he thought he heard very faint and distant sounds of movement and machinery. After a few seconds though, he dismissed it as nothing more than his imagination. "Just curious," he continued, "Where will you be going after you leave this place, Emily?"

TheProfligate

Old 09-17-2012, 03:08 AM

He'd come a long way. He'd trudged onwards for months upon months, with hardly a pause and never a second thought. His inner fire glowed just as brightly as it had the day he set out from the vault where he was born and raised. He traversed the wastes with his eyes always on the horizon, always on the next turn in the road, holding out for the one day he knew he'd reach Utopia. Many questioned his drive: from those he had grown up alongside in the vault, to those desperate, wretched souls he'd passed on the road. They couldn't grasp his reasoning. He was chasing a myth. He was chasing a fairy-tale invented by the desperately hopeful. Or so they said. To Abel, however, Utopia was more than a physical sanctuary. It was an ideal he strived to bring into reality, whether it be by encouraging words or by lead and gunsmoke. This is what the doubters could not comprehend, is that his quest transcended the mortal realm. He was a crusader, tireless in his righteous endeavor. If he could not find a Utopia waiting for him somewhere in this world, then he would have to build one, by whatever means were necessary.

To him, at this point in time, the means that were necessary were the punishing of wrongdoers and the defense of the innocent. He had become the bane of the vulturous outlaws and madmen who had, as he saw it, taken up a dangerously powerful position in a very vulnerable world. The slavers. The killers. The false kings and prophets. It was one of Alexander's most dearly held convictions that these sort of men and women could not exist in the society he wished to usher forth. There was no room for villains or liars in that fabled Utopia he dreamed of every night, when he laid his head to rest in the dust on the side of the fissured, ancient highways of his forefathers. That's why he carried those pistols with him, for the men who often was at odds did not understand reason, but even the stupidest could understand what issued forth from the barrel of a gun.

Abel had been making good time in his eastbound oddyssey. As those few clocks that remained working in the world would have struct three in the afternoon, he marched down one of the cracked causeways that fed into one of the great urban centers of old. In the distance, skeletal monoliths, shattered and sagging under the weight of years of neglect, stood out in stark contrast to the gentle glow of the sun high in the clouded, calm skies. He still had some way to go, though, before he could walk those hallowed, quiet streets at the heart of the city. Before him, only a fair walking distance away, stood a more desperate, squalorous scene. A 'new', ramshackle settlement sat squarely on his path into the city, defended by corrugated, scrap metal walls, barbed wire, and desperate looking men with ancient firearms. Neon lights, most likely salvaged from deeper in the city, flickered atop the buildings inside the perimeter walls, and plumes of smoke lazily drifted into the air from what was probably campfires, or maybe even exhaust pipes if these were wealthy squatters.

Abel did not stop, but his cold gaze danced over every detail he could pick up as he approached the chain-link gates barring his entrance into the little shanty. He had been spotted, which did not surprise him, considering he'd made no effort to conceal his approach. The lone guard at the front gate unslinged his mistreated assault rifle and moved to meet Abel halfway, while his comrades readied their own weapons. To Abel, they were sloppy. They wished to intimidate him, most likely, but he was only reassured by the graceless way they handled their weapons and coordination. If it came to it, he could probably hold his own against the lot of them. They possessed weapons, but unlike Alexander, they were not adept in the use of said weapons. The fact that they had guns would make them cocky and stupid. Waving a weapon like that around would be enough to keep their slaves and subjects in line, but it wouldn't be enough to cow the gunslinger approaching them now.

Abel and the guard each came to a stop simultaneously, with ample room between them. They were nearly shouting when they addressed each other.

"Th'fuck you want?! Strangers ain't welcome here!"

Abel bowed his head, as if thinking over what the man had just told him. The brim of his hat shaded his eyes, much to the guard's chagrin.

"You better fuckin' look at me when I talk to you!"

Abel's gaze leveled with the guard's own, and he took a step forward. "I want a drink and something to eat. I got money to pay with."

"Money? You shittin' me? Cash? Who the fuck do you think you are? You'll have to do better than that."

Abel reached over and pulled his backpack from his shoulders. The guard flinched, and nearly raised his automatic rifle. He was jumpy in addition to distrustful, Abel mused. He unzipped the bag and rifled through its contents, before pulling out a single unopened box of ammunition, which he held out in offering. To this, the guard grumbled, and turned to face his friends on the wall. He raised an open hand, giving the all clear, and started back towards the gate. Abel followed.

"Welcome, then, stranger. Let's see if we can't get you somethin' to eat. Maybe the colonel's feelin' generous today."

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Marcus smiled as the doors of his study opened, a pair of very unique-looking gentlemen entering. One, his second-in-command Colonel Orgrim 'The Orc' Brady, a mutant who's mutation led him to resemble the 'orc' creatures of ancient fantasy tales with his green skin and tusks. He was dressed in a pristine military uniform of black adorned with numerous silver medals that shone in the light. Walking next to him was Marcus' head scientist, X-24, an android wearing a white lab-coat and latex gloves up to his elbows and nothing else over his metal body.The android was smiling politely while Colonel Brady had his usual scowl, the two of them approaching the desk, the android bowing, saying, "Your Majesty," while Brady gave a sharp salute, saying, "General." Marcus nodded to them, gesturing for them to sit, saying, "Friends, good to see you. Shall we begin discussing our plans for finally beginning to enlighten the people of the wastes? However, I think some tea is in order, don't you agree?"

The soldier at the gunner's station called out after Angela, "W-wait! Where are you-" He was cut off by one of the soldiers in the back shouting, "JENKINS, CONTACT AT OUR 3 'O CLOCK!" Jenkins quickly spun the automatic ballistae in the direction indicated where Victory, calling out, "Hold, identify yourself!"

Towards the edge of town, a second armored humvee came into sight of those at the outpost where Abel had stopped, the vehicle moving slowly and no gunner manning the gun. It stopped at a fair distance from Abel, about the same distance Abel had stopped when making his own approach, and a trio of men in black military uniforms with shining coats of chainmail over the torso emerged, all with shortswords at their sides and all with automatic rifles of the design from just before the world 'ended', but obviously freshly made. The only one of the three wearing a
hat (without the skull and eagle) and the only one of the three that was a woman took a step ahead of the other two, calling out, "Excuse me, gentlemen, my name is Captain Stanton, I'd like to speak to whomever is in charge. I'm willing to come alone if that will put you at ease, my men will stay out here."