Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 04-24-2013, 08:41 AM

One on one between E Goddess and Rena, please no posting, feel free to read!! :D

Quote:
Name: Tanya Shakovska
height: 5'0
Image and/or description: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...psa7113a30.jpg
Position: Stowaway
Ability: Telekinesis
Name: Skye Jarlan
height: 6'2
Image and/or description: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../animeboy4.jpg Green eyes, black hair.
Position: Captain
Ability: Water control

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM

Tanya ran down the cobblestone street, her black wavy hair and red bandana fluttering behind her as people stared at her and gasped; watching guards chase after her. Everyone always called her a Gypsy, or a Witch when in reality she was neither. Tanya was a fortune teller...at least she tried to be but she still had much to learn, and with her ability it was really hard sometimes to focus on something without making it float into the air. I can't let them take me away...Execution is not an option Tanya! she thought to herself and kept running as fast as her bare feet would allow her. Who knows...maybe she was somewhat of a gypsy with the way she dressed...but she didn't think she was. Reaching the port, she gasped for breathe and glance behind her. The guards were not far off and she desperately looked around for a place to hide. Tanya's dark brown eyes glanced around, scanning every little thing there before spotting a ship. It's my only chance! she thought to herself. Without thinking twice, Tanya ran towards the ship and almost slipped while turning and barging inside a room. It was slightly dark so she didn't really know where she was at this point. Listening, she quietly sat in one of the corners of the room and tried to relax her breathing. Hearing the guards' footsteps retreating, Tanya would let out a sigh of relief and thanks the spirits for guiding her to safety. I'm alive...and I owe it all to you. Thank-you spirits.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM

Skye had taken most of the day to buy supplies. He had bought several crates of goods, as well as conned the merchants out of their wares, giving him twice as many crates than what he had bought. He had let his men take part of the evening off from loading the wares onto the ship as it would be a little pointless to have them work on it until all of the goods had arrived on the pier that they had docked at. As it was, he was fabricating fake men out of his water and made them appear solid. They were, solid enough to pick up the few crates he had at the pier already, and he was using them to move the crates on to the deck. He had taken a break from supervising the water men and had gone to his cabin for a little while to find a snack and plan where he wished to go next. After a while, he heard some guards from the town run towards his ship and ran back to the town. They're always so noisy... How obnoxious...he thought, biting into an apple. After he was half way done with his apple, he left his cabin and went to the deck. A few of his men had returned and almost all of the goods he had obtained were waiting at the dock. He brought his watermen back onto the ship and deposited them back into the sea, making it look like a few buckets of water had been thrown overboard. "Get to work! You're not payed to sit around talking! If you see any more of you, tell them they're to help move the crates." He said authoritatively. He started moving the few crates that he had moved before below deck into the cargo bay to make a little more room on deck. He wanted to get out of port as soon as he could, though he knew his men would have liked to stay for the night. Within a half an hour, his men had all returned and had finished loading everything and were getting ready to set sail, and in another ten minutes, they were out at sea again.

Arashi, a small black cat, had been in the room that Tanya had gone into, and stared at her until he felt the ship move, knowing that they were leaving. He got up and stretched, yawning, still staring at the girl. His purple eyes glinted in the dim light as he moved, and soon he left the room through a small door that was hidden in the wall next to the actual door. There were doors like this all over the ship. He soon returned with a small fish in his mouth, and looked directly into the girl's eyes. "You shouldn't be here. Wait until the captain finds you. You'll regret hiding here." He said after setting the fish down for a moment. He then began to eat, watching the girl.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 PM

Tanya waited and felt her breathing return to normal. "They're gone..." she said to herself and smiled. That smile however, vanished when she heard footsteps on the ship itself and heard a man's voice shouting orders. "Creates..." she repeated and frowned. I don't think I can leave now..I'm stuck here. Even so...I'd rather be stuck here than go back home. If the guards found me I'd surely be dead right now. Tanya thought to herself as she looked down at her red fingernails and sighed. I am safe for now. At least...I hope I am. The last thing I need is to die here on this ship. she thought to herself and shook her head as she listened to the men move around and move crates. Soon she felt that they were moving and she panicked slightly. They were leaving her home! A home she loved and would probably never see again. Noticing the black cat, she backed away from it and gasped when it spoke. "Y-you can talk! Y-you don't understand though, they were going to kill me! I couldn't allow that to happen, I had to hide and hid here since it was all I could think of. I planned on leaving after they were gone, but then your captain and his crew arrived so I couldn't leave." she explained quietly before hugging her knees to her chest and sighing. If this cat is right...I may have dug my own grave... Tanya thought to herself and frowned.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 AM

Arashi smiled in a way that a cat would when he was happy. "well, you could always barter your way out of being in as much trouble. That is, if you can offer yourself to be useful." Arashi smirked. "Otherwise, you would have been just as well staying home." He smiled again, "I'll let you stay here for a little while, and i'll even keep you company while you think things through. The ship needs a better cook. The only one who can cook anything that tastes any good is the Captain. And, if you know your way around a needle and thread, you'll probably be kept for the sewing as well." he finished his fish and climbed back up to where he had been sitting before.

Skye had given further instructions for what to do with what items- most of the meat was to go in the freezer compartment, one crate of apples was to go outside his quarters, while half a crate of each other fruit was to go into the store room off the galley, and the rest of the meat that wasn't going in the freezer compartment was to go into the freezer/fridge in the galley. The everything else that he had bought was to go in the galley as well. He supervised a lot of this, and ate another apple before calling out to one of his men, "Where's Arashi?!" He had noticed his cat was missing, when the cat was usually watching and trying to find something he could snatch away to eat.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 AM

Tanya sat there listening to the cat, smiling slightly. "I'd love to have you as company here...maybe we can be friends?" she suggested and frowned. "A cook...and someone to sew?" she repeated and sighed. "Well...my cooking is pretty good. I mean, I like it...although, I've never had anyone else try it." she admitted and laughed nervously. "Sewing is something I can honestly say that I am good at though." she said confidently but then quickly frowned. "I don't want to cause anyone any trouble...so if I'm trouble here I'd prefer that they tell me..." she explained before burying her face in her hands worriedly. Her head shot up though when she heard the male's voice again. "Arashi?" she repeated softly as she wondered who that was. Maybe it's another crew member? Maybe they forgot of him back at home? If so I probably have a chance to go back home! she thought to herself and looked at the many bangles along her wrists and arms. Her slender fingers absentmindedly stroke her golden hoop earrings and she then closed her eyes to think and relax.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM

" I suppose i should go tell the captain that I'm here. I'll be back in a few." He said before disappearing through the small door he had gone through before. He made his way to the captain and rubbed against his leg. "I was napping until you yelled out asking for me." He said, sounding slightly irritated and sleepy.
"You're the laziest cat I know. Why do i keep you around again?" said Skye, sounding irritated, but smirking.
"Because you know that I wouldn't betray you and because I'm your best friend. Also because the ship is free of mice because of me. Now, If you don't mind, I would like to go back to where i was napping. Hopefully it will still be warm."
Sky smiled. "Go on, get out of here you rascal." He nudged Arashi away, and watched as the cat left before returning to his quarters and laying down.
Upon returning to the room the girl was in, Arashi looked at her. " You think it over yet?" He padded over to her side. " Because i'm sure i could easily convince the captain to let you stay." He paused and, after a moment, blinked. "what was your name?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM

Tanya blinked when the cat left. "So that is Arashi? Well...it's a nice name for a cat." she said to herself and continued to think. I don't want to be a burden to anyone. If they really do allow me to stay to work, then that's fine because I'd be helping them, so I wouldn't be a burden at all. Though, what if the captain doesn't want to let me stay? What will happen then? she thought to herself and became scared. When Arashi returned she smiled and nodded. "I have thought it over, I think it would be best I stayed. However, if your captain says no, then that's fine too. I don't want to force anyone into letting me stay." she replied and and chuckled. "Tanya Shakovska. It's nice to meet you Arashi." she answered and grinned softly. "It's an odd name, I know. Many people could never say my last name so everyone just called me Tanya." Explained Tanya as she played around with the bangles on her wrists and arms. I wonder what the captain is like...something tells me he'll be anything but kind. at least I have one friend here...at least, I think I do. she thought to herself.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Arashi rubbed against her lightly. "Great. It will be nice to have someone to mellow things out around here." He purred softly. "I will have to get the captain. I will be returning with him, And then, you are not to say anything to him until he addresses you, okay?" He didn't wait for an answer before leaving again. Upon reaching the captain's quarters, he jumped up onto Skye's bed and nudged him impatiently.

"What is it, Arashi?" Asked Skye, sitting up and looking at the cat. He had been playing around with his water, making shapes and changing the density and temperature of a small orb.

"Skye, I ask you to not interrupt me as i tell you what i'm about to tell you." Upon seeing the captain nod, Arashi continued, " There's a young woman on the ship. She had been hiding from some guards at the last town we were at. She did not mean to stay on board from what i can tell, and she says she is good at sewing. I know that the men need their clothes fixed, which is why you bought all of that fabric, but i also know that no one on this ship is any good at sewing either. She seems nice enough, and was actually running from those guards that ran by the ship while we were at the pier. The way i see it, She will fit in just fine with the rest on the men, as long as she listens." Arashi looked up at Skye's face which had an expression of understanding and decision making.

After a moment, Skye sat up completely and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "Alright. Take me to her." He stood up and followed Arashi to the room, making sure to lock his door on the way out. Once reaching the room, Arashi straightened his shirt and entered, closing the door behind him, leaving a thin film of water on the doorknob outside. He spiked the temperature of the water up to what would be boiling if it were on a stove so that if anyone tried to enter, they would be burned at the touch. He blinked and looked around, adjusting his eyes, and after a moment, he crossed the room to be across from the girl. He stared at her for a full minute before speaking. " ...So, you're an accidental stow away, eh? Arashi here tells me that you were running from some guards, which i presume to be the ones that made quite a ruckus outside my ship before my men returned and we started packing up, and then, because of that, i'm assuming that you were unable to get off undetected, so you stayed." He looked stern. "Arashi also tells me you can sew. Why Arashi didn't alert me of your presence is a mystery to me, but I trust he will have his reasons." He took a breath, looking at Arashi, who looked guilty, and then looked back at the girl. "I will not be returning to that town for a good while. I do not know how prepared you are to be on this ship, and I feel like taking you on without knowing much about you would be a great risk to my crew." He paused, staring at her. "However, because I trust Arashi's judgement, I will allow you to stay until we reach the next port unless you can prove your worth on this ship. If I see any reason that you should not be on the ship any more, reguardless of where we are, you will no longer be on the ship. If we are at a port, you will be left there with nothing except the things you have on you now. If we are at sea... Well... I hope you can swim." He said the last part very offhandedly. He didn't care either way. He paused again. "There's something... Different about you... I don't know what, but my gut says there's something special about you... Is there? And what's your name?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 PM

Tanya sat there on the wooden floorboards. They were really clean and smooth which meant that they really did take their time when cleaning the ship. I wouldn't mind helping clean if they needed it...cleaning is always fun. she thought to herself. Yes, she was nervous to meet the captain but she was going to make sure to compose herself and be respectful towards him. He was the one with authority here, not her. If she upset him it was her life he would get rid of...so it was best to do as he said. Hearing the door open, Tanya looked up to see a male figure and quickly stood up when he was in front of her. Listening to him, Tanya only nodded at what he was saying about her and bowed her head when he was done speaking, then looked at him. "Yes Captain...that's true. My name is Tanya Shakovska and well I suppose there is something special about me. "I have the ability of Telekinesis...which is why the guards were after me. They wanted to kill me since they believed I was a witch and I couldn't allow that to happen so I ran in here to escape. I did plan on leaving once they were gone, but then I heard that you had returned so I remained in here. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but I promise to work hard in whatever you have me do!" she explained and nodded. Very well then, what he said is fair. If I'm worthless get rid of me...I'm surprised he won't kill me though, but I'm glad. I'll work hard to earn his trust...I'll work hard to stay here and stay alive. I don't want to be alone anymore. I may not have friends here other than Arashi, but at least I won't be alone anymore. she thought to herself.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 AM

"I see. Guards are really annoying. And honestly, they have less respect for people than most pirates... " Skye looked down, thinking. I suppose i should see how good she is at controlling her telekenisis... If she can't handle it, I suppose i could teach her. After all... He looked up at her. "I, too, am different, which is probably why I was able to sense that you were able to do something. It's mostly in the way you hold yourself. You see... in a way, I have a form of telekenisis as well. Only, it's with water only, and i can change the density, appearance, and temperature of water. I would like to find out how well you are able to control your ability. I have a feeling that you need lessons on it, which, if you earn it, depending on your need, i will be able to teach you. However, If I feel you desperately need it, I will teach you immediately, and in return, you will need to do some things for me." he glanced at Arashi, knowing the cat was thinking it was just another way to allow the captain to become even lazier. Arashi winked at Skye and skye hardened his gaze at the cat before softening it slightly and looking at Tasha. "I will be referred to as Sir or captain while on this ship, off the ship, if you stay with us long enough, I am to be called Skye. Understood?"

Arashi had started purring and weaved himself around and through Tanya's legs, making figure eights as he rubbed against her. Sky looked at him, the corner of his mouth twitching slightly, as though he was fighting back a smile. " seems like you have an admirer." He looked back up at Tanya. "My crew isn't going to be too happy that you're here. They're a very superstitious lot that thinks bringing a woman on a ship is bad luck. They thought that about Arashi as well until he rid their rooms of mice and started appealing to their soft sides. I mean, look at him. There's not many men that can deny his charm. Anyways, So the crew doesn't get too mad about me allowing a stowaway, If they ask, you had been hired while we were in the last town to do the cooking and sewing. Other jobs may be asked of you by the other men, but unless Arashi tells you that you really should do it, or i ask you to do something, you are not required to do anything. I will need to have you move to the galley undetected, though so the crew Doesn't throw a fit about you being here and randomly appearing from this room without them having any notice." He crossed to the door and pulled a bit of water up from the sea and under the door undetected by the crew. " I will have to blanket you in some water and bend the light inside of it to hide you and make you appear invisible. You will follow me to the galley and then you will be able to start your duties as the cook and start on a late dinner. There are some steaks in the fridge area there that are seasoned and ready to be cooked. Be sure that you serve some sort of citrus with the meal, as we don't want anyone getting Scurvy. I will be aware of where you are once the water touches you. And, because Arashi might hurt me in my sleep if i don't make the water comfortable on your skin, It will not feel cold after a moment of touching you. Are you ready to move? " He asked, the water floating between him and Tasha in a ball.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 AM

Tanya smiled as she listened to him explain his ability. "You can? That's very interesting Captain." she started and went silent again as he continued to speak to her. When he was done, she bowed her head and smiled. "Yes Captain. My ability is stable I believe...though sometimes I do find it hard to concentrate on one thing at a time." she explained, wondering if that made any sense. "Understood, I will call you captain on the ship...and Skye off the ship." she promised and nodded seriously. Feeling Arashi rub up against her legs, she smiled and reached down to pet him softly. "I'm happy to know I have an admirer. I understand Captain. I will do my best to remain hidden from your crew, and if anyone asks I promise to tell them I was hired just like you said. If they give me orders I will not do them unless you or Arashi say it's okay to do them. I will do whatever you tell me to do Captain." he noted and nodded. "Some sort of Citrus?" she repeated and thought for a bit. "I can sprinkle lemon juice on them and orange zest as well." she said to herself and smiled. "Yes Captain, I'm ready to move." she answered.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM

Skye nodded and moved the water over her, and bent it's density to bend the light around her as he put the temperature up to a degree warmer than her body temperature. He said, "Once you're in the galley, you are allowed to be seen, just not until after that." He said, going to open the door as he dropped the film of water covering the doorknob on the outside. He walked ahead of Tanya, knowing exactly where she was because of his water. He walked how he always did, in a nonchalant purposeful way, because he didn't want anyone noticing that he was up to something. He knew he was the captain, But he also valued his crew's opinion of him. If they didn't trust him, or thought him to be weak, they wouldn't listen, but if they feared him, they wouldn't offer any incentive on where they would be going next, and Skye occasionally had a few times when he didn't care where he was going next, so he needed them to give their input every once in a while.

Once in the galley, with arashi there ahead of them, Skye pulled the water off of Tanya and said, "There are 14 other people on this ship, not including you or myself. Arashi is allowed scraps if he wants them. 4 men like their steaks medium rare, 6 medium, 2 of them like it medium well, and 2 of them like it only slightly pink. I like mine medium, and you may cook yours however you wish. I Don't really advise you to eat with the men as they are rather ill mannered when eating on the ship. The men will usually have juice or water with their meals, unless they are the few that have bought their own alcohol for their dinner, in which case they will turn down anything except a glass of water. I suggest putting the juice on the table and just setting out the glasses. there's some juice already made in the fridge, and some vegetable would be good with the steaks. I try my best to have my men eat a balanced meal to keep them all healthy. I believe you will find everything you need to cook dinner in the cupboards, The stove is that large griddle area over there, and the oven is below it. If we are docked, or the ship isn't moving through the water, we will not have enough power to cook. In that case, we will typically be at port so it doesn't matter because everyone will be able to get off and go buy something. Now, If you will excuse me, I need to go figure out your sleeping situation. " He seemed slightly troubled by this information, probably because he had never has a woman stay on the ship for more than a night when they were docked. "If you need help making sure the steaks are done enough, Arashi will guide you. " He turned and left the galley, yelled a couple orders at the men, and made his way around the ship, alerting one person that they have a new cook, and that no one is to give her a hard time, and if they think of her as bad luck to remember what they thought of Arashi. They were to not bother her either while she cooked dinner. He found a room a bit bigger than the one she had hidden in before, checked to be sure that it wasn't being used for anything. In fact, it already had one of the new mattresses and one of the captain's bed frames in it. He needed to track down some clean sheets and a blanket. He left the room noting that he would need to bring some of the fabric in there so she could make her own clothes. He had noticed she didn't have anything with her when he met her.

Arashi had already jumped up onto the counter by the time Tanya and Skye had gotten to the galley, and by the time Skye left, he had curled up in a bowl, watching Tanya. "You should pull out the steak and put them into piles so you know which ones get put on when so you can have them all finish at the same time." he suggested. " There are some potatoes that would go well with the steak, and there's plenty of sour cream if you want to just bake them. Tin foil is in the cupboard above the counter on the far side from the sink. if you need it." Hehad rested his head on the edge of the bowl so he could watch her.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 PM

Tanya obediently followed him to the galley and did her best not to move around too much. Once they reached the Galley, Tanya was silent the entire time as she did her best to absorb all the information he was giving her while nodding at what he said. "Okay Captain understood." she said and bowed her head slightly and watched him leave. Sighing she went over the list he had given her and grabbed the steaks. "Okay so let's do groups at a time. Four men like Medium rare so let's do those four first." she told herself and smiled as she grabbed the plates and stacked them up.Listening to Arashi, she blinked and nodded as she did what he said. "That's a very food Idea, thank-you Arashi." she thanked. Tanya was nervous yes, but she did her best not to stress and placed the four steaks on the griddle before grabbing lemons and an orange, then grabbed four potatoes and the tin foil. Washing the potatoes, she carefully wrapped each one in tin foil and placed them in the oven. Checking on the steaks, she gently sprinkled lemon juice over them on both sides followed by the orange zest on both sides and quickly left to grab the sour cream before returning to what she was doing.

Tanya glanced at Arashi and smiled nervously. "Am I doing a good job so far Arashi?" she asked and checked on the potatoes. They weren't ready and she knew it, she knew it would take a while for them to be done. "Vegetables..." she reminded herself and washed some carrots and broccoli before cutting them up and steaming them. "I don't think it's fair that you get scraps Arashi. I'll share my food with you if you'd like." she suggested softly.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 04-26-2013 at 06:32 PM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 PM

Skye had busied himself finding the bedclothes for Tanya, and as he returned to the room he had decided to give to her, he spotted the youngest of his crew and told him to go and see if Tanya needed any help with dinner or with anything else. He was also to become Tanya's help in the kitchen if she needed. The young man nodded and darted off towards the galley as Skye ducked into tanya's room and started to make the bed. He had also grabbed some pillows for the bed as well while he was getting the blankets and sheets.

Arashi smiled, "It's okay. The captain gives me food that I'm supposed to eat, and he lets me have all the fish I could eat. I'm really fine with not having anything, to be honest. It is nice, though, every once in a while." Arashi watched her intently. "I don't think you're doing to bad. You're not making everything taste like cardboard, which is good." His ear twitched at a sound. " Sounds like Rivar is coming down here. He's one of the nicest guys on the ship." A moment later, a young man, no older than 18 knocked on the doorway to the galley. "Excuse me, Miss. I'm Rivar. I came because the captain wished me to ask if you needed any help. He told me that i am to listen to you and help you in any way i can, including washing dishes after dinner." He didn't make eye contact after coming in, mostly because when he saw Tanya he noticed how attractive she was. Rivar had deep blue eyes and matching straight hair with black tips which fell around his shoulders. Arashi looked at Tanya after Rivar stopped speaking, and said softly, "I told you so."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-28-2013, 04:25 AM

"Well being out at sea it's understandable that you'd eat a lot of fish. I personally don't like fish, but I hear it's really healthy for you." replies Tanya before laughing at what Arashi said then. Checking the stakes, she noticed they were done and served them in individual plates before placing some steamed carrots and broccoli on the side, then checked the potatoes. When the potatoes were done she carefully unwrapped them and placed them on the pates. "There, three men can finally eat." she said to herself and went to work making the other steaks as she wrapped and placed the remaining potatoes in the oven to finish faster. "Rivar?" she repeated and blinked when a young man appeared. "Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Rivar, what an interesting name." she commented and smiled as she sprinkled lemon on the steaks and the orange zest. "Rivar, no need to be shy really." she started and looked at Arashi. "Yes you did, you are a very smart cat Arashi." she complimented and smiled.

"Rivar if could help me set the table that would be great. I need the juice out on the table and glasses at the table as well." she said softly since she wasn't used to giving orders. Looking at the steaks she smiled to herself and worked thoroughly. Tanya wasn't one that liked to rush and knew that the men were probably at the table waiting to be served, that thought scared her but she didn't rush for fear of messing up. While she waited on the steaks and potatoes, she placed the steamed vegetables on the individual plates and loved the aroma that filled the room. Checking the steaks, she began to set them on the plates and grinned before taking out the potatoes and unwrapping them carefully. "Okay, let's go serve the men." she commented as she placed the potatoes with sour cream onto the plates. "Okay Arashi, River, let's go." she said softly.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 PM

when compimented, Rivar blushed a little and said softly, "Thank you." and upon Tanya's instructions, Rivar nodded and helped bring the plates out to the table. He took the four medium rare and one of the mediums, carefully balancing them on his arms. He led the way to the dining room where a long table stood, and around it, 15 empty chairs. The men typically made sure that they were busy right up until the time dinner was ready. He put the plates down around the table, putting the steaks in a row, being sure not to confuse the medium for any of the medium rares. He didn't say much, mostly because he didn't know what to say. He returned to the galley for more of the plates after finishing with the ones he had started with. Arashi had followed, but stayed by the door, holding it open for the two going back and forth so they wouldn't have to deal with it too much. Rivar made sure that he did most of the work, and when they were done with the steaks, he hurried back into the galley to get the juice and the silverware, and then hurried back to the dining room table to set them up. once finished, he turned to Tanya and asked, "Shall I go let the Captain know that dinner is ready so he can tell everyone else? He's able to tell everyone at once without going around the whole ship."

Skye had just finished cleaning Tanya's room a bit, as it had been unused for a very long time. He had already gotten the extra fabric after making the bed upon which it now sat on. He looked around before leaving. He'd have to be sure to find a better lamp than the one that was already in the room, which had a habit of flickering every few minutes.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Tanya was impressed at how great Rivar was at balancing things, much better than her. Carefully, she helped as much as she could but noticed he was doing most of the work really. When the table was set, she analyzed it and made sure nothing was missing before turning to Rivar and nodding. "Yes, I think the men should come and eat now so please do let the captain know that dinner is now served." she answered and smiled. Tanya had decided it would be best if she ate in the galley, but if the captain preferred her to eat elsewhere, that would be fine too. As long as I don't get in the way, I don't really care where I eat. she thought to herself. Looking at the food, she hoped that the men liked it. She had never cooked for anyone else before...especially not for this many people, only for herself. It was frightening yes, as if she was being tested on her cooking skills...but part of her knew it was all going to be okay. These men were hungry and she doubted they'd noticed anything wrong, yes her food would be enjoyed without any word spoken...she'd be ignored hopefully.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:06 PM

Rivar nodded and went to find the Captain. Arashi rubbed against Tanya's leg. "You might want to go to the galley before the men get here. They'll run you over trying to get to their plates." He said. He had watched them putting the plates on the table, noting which one had which steak. "I'll stay here when they get here and tell them where they would probably want to sit with the steak that they want." He rubbed against her again softly and went over to the end of the Table where they would all see him.

As soon as Rivar got to the captain he said, "Dinner's ready, I don't think Tanya is eating in the dinning room. I didn't see her put a plate down for herself. It smells really good though." He spoke to Skye as if they were old friends, and not really on crew member-captain terms. Rivar and Skye had grown up together, both leaving home to make the ocean their new home. Skye had been 16 when he and Rivar had left. Rivar, being 13 at the time, Had more followed Skye than anything. Rivar bowed slightly before saying, "I'm going to go wash up before I eat." He then turned and left Skye's side as Skye pulled up a bit of water from the sea and separated it into 13 small orbs and sent them out to his crew. He made them cold and had them hit each of the crew members in the face to get their attention and then proceeded to make the water vibrate at a pace that it emitted noise. He moved the ball into different shapes to make the sounds he desired to tell them that dinner was ready. He then went to his own cabin and washed up a little before heading to the Galley. He was the last to arrive, and everyone else was already seated and eating messily, talking with their mouths full and being all around disgusting. He picked up his plate and went to the galley to see Tanya.

"If you would like, You may join me in my quarters for dinner. After dinner, I shall show you your room. If you do not wish to join me, you may find me after dinner and after you start on the dishes." He looked at her for a moment before turning to go to his quarters, not waiting to see if she was going to follow. He had a feeling that she was going to be a bit of trouble for him emotionally, But he didn't wish to think about that just yet.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 PM

Admiring the table with the food, Tanya smiled as she imagined the men eating their food quite happily and possibly desperately if they were really that hungry. Feeling Arashi rub against her leg, Tanya looked down and nodded, "You're right...that sounds quite dangerous." she started and pet Arashi gently. "I'll go eat in the galley now, if you'll excuse me." she said softly and disappeared into the Galley where she prepared a plate of her own and smiled.

It wasn't long before she heard a mass of footsteps and noises outside, meaning the men were eating now. By the sounds of it, they seemed to be very happy...and very hungry as well. If she had to be honest with herself, she must have sat there on the floor listening to them eat, and talk. "What on earth are they saying?" she asked herself and listened but didn't understand a thing they were saying. This realization made her laugh lightly. Looking down at her plate of food, she was about to eat when the door suddenly opened.

Looking up from where she sat, she noticed it was the captain and immediately stood up. "Captain." she said in greeting and was silent while listening to him speak. Join him for dinner....sounds nice. she thought to herself. "Yes Captain, I understand." she answered as he began to walk away. Tanya stood there...hesitating for a moment before starting to follow after the captain. Occasionally she would steal a glance at the men eating and was disgusted at what she saw but figured it was because they were very hungry.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM

Skye Walked to his room and unlocked the door, and held it open for her. He had turned on the light as he opened the door so it wasn't dark inside. He closed the door after her. " There's really only two other men on this ship that show any manners. The rest behave as if they never had a mother." He sounded slightly irritated about the men, but didn't look it. He offered Tanya a chair at the small table that was in the back of the room. The room was elegant, to say the least. His bed was tucked away in a small alcove, and it was hung with scarlet drapes and the comforter was maroon and gold. He had set his plate down on the table across from Tanya and sat down after hanging his coat on his coat rack. He cut his steak up with out saying anything, and took a bite before looking at her. He didn't say anything as he chewed, but he looked happy about the food. He also looked like he had a bunch of questions, which he did, but he was going to wait to ask them until he knew her a bit more. he finished chewing and asked after another moment, "Where did you learn to cook? This is really good." it wasn't what he was going to ask first, but it's what came out of his mouth.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Tanya followed close behind and thanked him for holding the door open for her. Walking inside the room, her eyes adjusted to the light in his room and analyzed it's design. It was a lovely room, one fit for a captain indeed. Listening to him she laughed lightly. "Well they might just be very hungry, but you know them far better than I do so I believe your word Captain." she commented softly and thanked him before sitting down on the chair at the table across from him. It was nice to know that someone actually wanted to eat with her. She was so used to eating alone, that this was all very new to her. Cutting up a small piece of her steak she chewed silently and swallowed when he asked her a question. "Thank-you Captain, I'm glad you like it." she started. "I learned through my mother and then I began to teach myself how to cook...when she was gone. I tended to experiment and write things down on paper to study and learn from my mistakes." she explained. "It was hard...and I'm still learning. I want to make new things and keep making them until I can perfect them." she added softly before taking another bite of her steak and chewing quietly.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 PM

He took another bite as she spoke, and nodded, listening attentively. "I see. Well, I can help with that, if you'd like. I'm pretty good at cooking, but i don't usually cook because i think that my crew needs to work on being more decent humans than the pigs they are. But they are awful, except for Rivar. He's not too bad. What happened to your mother?" he asked, curious. He started mashing his potato in with the sour cream before scooping some of the sourcream and mashed baked potato on his fork and picking up a piece of his steak.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 PM

Tanya shook her head and swallowed her food before speaking, "Oh no Captain it's fine. I wouldn't want to bother you any more than I probably already am." she answered and nodded. "Rivar is a nice guy, very polite but very shy it seems." she noted and dipped her steamed vegetables into her potato with sour cream before eating them happily. When Sky asked about her mother, Tanya smiled sadly. "My mother is dead Captain. My mother was very sick you see, and I knew I'd lose her soon. After she died, I lived on my own since." she explained and chuckled. "It used to be just me and her...now it's just me." she added quietly before taking another bite of her food.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM

"It's not a bother at all. And yes. He can be shy sometimes. " He listened to her talk about her mother, when she took a bite, He finished his, and said, "I see. I know how hard that can be. My mother died before i left for the sea, and then the captain before me took me and Rivar is as Rivar's parents died from the same thing as my mother. He taught me and Rivar all we know about the sea and living on it. He died from old age, and his will stated I was to become captain after him, and Rivar was to be my equal. Rivar got the money, I got to be captain. It was fair enough. I think the old man saw that I was a bit more fit to run a ship with my ability to manipulate water, and knew that i would be able to demand the respect needed from a crew, allowing me to ensure that Rivar was respected as equally as I am." He paused to take a bite. He pushed the food over to his cheek and looked down, holding his hand with his fork infront of his mouth so Tanya was not able to see the food in his mouth. "Soon after the Old man dies, I met Arashi, and Rivar and I decided to keep him on the ship. Arashi was special, which is easy to tell by looking at his eyes. He's one of the only cats i've ever met with the ability to speak. I met two others, which, i believe were Arashi's mother and grandfather. His grandfather was close to the end of his life, and his mother seemed uninterested in having Arashi around when i spoke with her. She didn't care if he stayed or went, so he decided to go with me. He was probably just barely weaned from her at the time too. I've never asked him if he would want to go back. I don't think he would, though, because he doesn't seem the type to reminisce about the past too much." He stopped talking and finished chewing quickly before saying, "You are easy to talk to, you know? I wasn't exactly intending for you to hear about all of that... Uh, When did you learn about your ability?"