Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 AM

Getting quite annoyed with the weirdos, Elaine pushed back her seat. She hadn't eaten much, but the crazy blonde one mentioned something about the possibility of something in the food. That was enough to spoil her appetite. "I'm gonna find out where the others went..." she said, using that as an excuse to get out of the nuthouse. Leaving the cafeteria, she started walking through the halls until she realized that he had no idea where they went. "Oh darn. Maybe I'll just head back to my room then."

The guards were terrifying. Elle couldn't help but wonder exactly how much they were getting paid to keep all these people contained. It had to be a lot to keep their mouths shut. Unless they had some crazy experimentation done on them as well. it frightened her to think that she could have who knows what done to her. She wandered the halls trying to find the ones who had run out earlier.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 AM

Gemini looked up at the blonde. She hadn't thought about the possibility of her captors putting something in the food. Frowning, she pushed her plate away. When she was complimented on her accent, she managed not to blush, but smiled brightly instead. "Thank you. It's Irish." She said. Deciding that she was far too hungry to not eat- how long had it been, anyway?- she picked up an apple that looked okay and bit into it. It tasted fine. "So, does anyone else have a number tattooed on their wrist? I'm trying to figure out what it means." She asked the two men, watching as the woman who was there decided to leave. She mentioned something about finding out where "the others" went. Gemini assumed she was talking about the other captives. "I assume we were all lured here the same way. They promised to help with something, pay us for it. Won't matter much for me, no one will even know I'm gone. I just hate being locked up..." She frowned and set down the core of her apple.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 AM

Nixie was pondering what it meant if Corynn wasn't the one transferring her powers, as she stared at LTB. She didn't get to think too into it before Caleb threw his pout that way, shattering a window. He began blaming it on poor structuring? Is that what he was doing? Did he really not think he had something to do with that!?

It was no coincidence. Before Nixie could point that out, Corynn was making new assumptions. Nixie looked at her in horror. "Pit us, against, each other?" she repeated. No. No no no. Nixie couldn't fight other people. She couldn't fight other people even if her life depended on it. She was absolutely not a fighter. She hated the idea. She hated the idea of any kind of confrontation at all. The thought of a fight to the death? Nixie couldn't handle it.

She turned her back to the others, trying to calm her breathing. Caleb went on to suggest them making a movie, and Corynn suggested they play along. Nixie had closed her eyes, trying to focus, trying to imagine a serene place, somewhere comfortable. Corynn wanted to know what she thought. She nodded, barely looking over her shoulder at the woman.

Nixie wanted to say she thought it was a good idea, that she was game, but she couldn't. She just nodded. If she spoke, her voice would shake too violently and give her away. Give away that she was losing her cool, that she was losing it.

She sat in the grass, facing the invisible wall, she assumed. She tried taking deep breaths, but it wasn't working. She probably sounded like she was hyperventilating. And that's exactly what she was doing. She wasn't far from blacking out now, not if she couldn't calm herself down. She tried a technique her psychiatrist taught her; counting. One..... Two..... Three..... Four..... Five..... One..Two..Three..Four.. Onetwothreeonetwo...

It wasn't working. That only caused Nixie's anxiety to rise to dangerous levels. She clenched her eyes shut and put her forehead on her knees again. One two five sixthreeonetwooneTWOTHREE!!! Her hands, had they not been clenched around her legs would be shaking violently. Her body trembled. The darkness was already beginning to numb her mind.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-10-2014 at 04:16 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM

Byren smiled, so it wasn't just this brother who was admiering him hmm? He chuckled lightly, looking at the female sitting next to this male, then the one who had just entered. For the moment, he was silent. There was really no need for him to put his two cents where they did not belong. He took another bite of his apple, chewing up the sweet yet firm fruit before swallowing. There were many other kinds of foods upon the table, but honestly, he did not trust half of them to eat at the moment. He also was more interested in something else rather than food at the moment. Other than the three who seemed to be here, there were three other places along the table that seemed to be disturbed.

Not only that, but he figured there had to be others around here who had yet to make their presence known. He sighed slightly. One of those people happened to be their host. Who was running this little show of theirs? He was curious to find the answers, but as to where to look or who to ask, it was a bit...hard to know at the moment. For now then, he was content with merely watching and learning, rushing into things rather often met people with a just as rushed ending. He had no intrest in dying, not now at least. He glanced around, his eyes for a moment searching for a clock. His watch seemed to be missing. There was not one, not in the dining hall at least. Was that a fluke...or on purpose? He knew from the sun that it was still relitivly early in the day. As for anything more...he did not know at this time. Were they trying to make them loose a bit of touch with reality? Perhaps they already had?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humans. Such fragil little sacks of meat. Was it possible for him to even classify himself as such anymore? No...he doubted it. He was more than a simple human, just one look could tell you that much. He went by one name, Azelf. His past identity left there in the past long ago. He had many other names as well, demon, devil, spawn of satan. He did not care for those really, and any who dared to call him as such or simply a freak or monster...often met with a tragic accident. A slight smile curled his lips upwards, revealing the sharper canines underneath. They were perfectly white, for he was not without taking care of himself.

He was not going to let his circumstances be an excuse for poor hygeine. No, quite the opposite. Azelf took excellent care of himself. His body was his temple, his body was his weapon. The people below him had not even a clue he was up here at all, sitting among the branches and leaves of a tree. Even with his skin being quite obviously bold, they did not notice him. He kept remarkably still, even the tail that laid behind him in the air did not move a milimeter. He kept his eyes on the small group below. Two females and a male. The male would have been the toughest in a fight. Men often had an advantage over women with their build and sheer muscle.

Though women tended to be faster, more agile then men. It came down to the individual in a fight, and Azelf was exemplary in a fight. He had not spent years of his life training and perfecting himself to lose so easily to anyone. He did not mind the thought of death either, which was the only thing that held some men back in a fight. For him, it just ment that he was that much more of a threat to whoever crossed him. He reached a hand up very slowly, brushing a few strands of hair behind his right ear. It was pointed in nature, closer to that of the mystical elves than a human. He chuckled silently. He was the thing of myths, the thing of legends but also the thing of nightmares and stories people told their children to make them behave. Don't step out of line, or the boogieman would get you right?

He was the guy who made the boogieman run in fear, or even the devil rethink his actions. Azelf was more than a simple human, yes indeed. Night was approaching, night was his strength. He was looking forward to it. It would allow him to get some information on these little playmates of his. He would learn their ins, their outs, and their weaknesses. It was a game of strategy. He would learn their hands, before he showed his own. He smiles a bit more, as he watches them. The one female down there seemed to be far more skittish than the others. She would deffinetly not take well if she saw him. He would have a bit of fun with that later. For now though, he was content with watching in silence waiting.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 03-10-2014 at 10:53 PM..

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM

Thais awoke to her head pounding and her vision swimming. 'What the hell...' The last thing she remembered was staring at some lady who basically forced pills down her throat and then forced her to sign some forms. A feeling in the pit of her stomach, her instinct, told her that this was a bad place, even though it looked awesome on the outside.

Thais took a moment to look around her room. She could fit ten of the rooms at the asylum in this one. Looking around, Thais found a door that led to a bathroom that she'd definitely have to explore later. For now, she decided she would do some reconnaissance and see just what the hell was going on here. However, from her very brief glance of the outside, she could tell that getting lost here would be easy and she totally did not remember what that Smith dude told her about the floors. Rummaging around in the nightstands, she managed to find a guide of the place and suddenly her stomach grumbled.
'How long has it been since I've eaten?' she wondered. Luckily, the guide also told her when and where dinner was served and, she looked on the nightstand at the clock, fortunately for her, it was now. Stuffing the guide into her pocket, she made her way to the dining room.

The halls sort of freaked Thais out. Guards were stationed all throughout them and they never moved or made a sound, even though she kicked one in the shin.
"Huh, you guys are kinda like those British dudes with the fuzzy hats? Tell me... if I grabbed you somewhere really inappropriate, would you move or make a sound then?" She smiled mischievously and reached down to grab the guard by the privates when a door nearby opened up and the lady from earlier walked out and gave her a bored smile.

"Ah, Thais, was it? I see you're awake. How do you feel?" Before Thais could answer, however, the doctor lady spoke again. "It's time for dinner now and you're a little late, you should get going. The dining room is just down the hall and to the right. You can't miss it." Thais nodded, thanked her and started back towards the dining room. The doctor lady, she sucked at remembering names, freaked her out too.

Finally she made it to the dining room. The doors were already ajar and she peeked inside. A few people could be seen but what mostly caught her eye was all of the food piled on the table. Her mouth watered and she squealed. Running inside, she ignored everyone else and grabbed one of everything and started stuffing her face. At the asylum all she ever ate was some disgusting soup and the occasional bread. This was a feast compared to that. She sat down, away from the other people, and enjoyed her first, real meal.

Last edited by SesshysMiko; 03-11-2014 at 10:48 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM

Rua shrugged a bit when the girl near him decided to leave, that was fine by him, he just gave her a passing glance as she moved on. Giving the other girl a slight nod when she told him exactly what her accent was, then his attention was on the other male again. Just watching him for a few moments, until another girl came in. Rua's eyes followed her and he grimaced slightly at the way she went at the food. He glanced at the empty chair next to him and raised a brow slightly, as if sharing a look with someone that wasn't there, then that look moved to Byren, as if to include him in the silent conversation.

"I certainly hope the food isn't laced with anything for her sake." His head tilted slightly towards the girl currently gorging herself. "If it is, at this rate, she'd over dose." Rua grimaced slightly, it wasn't really something he wanted to watch, though maybe if nothing bad happened to this girl, that meant the food was okay? Rua glanced towards that empty chair next to him and shrugged as if in response to something only he heard.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 AM

Gemini frowned slightly as her question about the number tattoo went unanswered, but before she could say anything about it another girl rushed in. and proceeded to eat...one of everything. Gemini raised an eyebrow, and shook her head, chuckling slightly at the blonde's comment. "Well, I suppose that's our test, then. If she keels over, then we know the food's laced. And if she's fine, then we can eat." She said with a shrug. "Hey, so, isn't anyone going to introduce themselves? I'll start. My name is Gemini Starr. I would say it's nice to meet you all, but under the circumstances it's not all that pleasant." She said, only slightly sarcastic.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-12-2014, 11:00 AM

At the mention of fighting, Nixie protested and then turned away from the pair. Corynn looked at her brother who just cracked his knuckles with malicious smile. Commentary was unnecessary, his attitude was clear, but she scoffed. Until time to fight for life came, either against other experiment objects or the ones that kept them here, they should try to remain as civil as possible. And while they continued to discuss possibilities, it seemed the other woman slipped further and further from them. Not physically, but the anxiety got thicker and thicker in air, it pressed in Corynn's mind nearly tangible.

It even blocked out most of other presences in her mind and young woman again knelt down next to Nixie. "Hey... It's gonna be okay, somehow. We will get out of here, eventually. I don't think they will make us fight each other and if they do.. I will stand by you, okay?" her hand again tentatively brushed over Nixie's shoulder and there was nearly immediate silence in her mind, while other's was filled with thoughts of strangers.

"I am so stupid... I and Caleb ... used to crap, but she... Sheltered, nice family? Scared her even more, were some of the shattered fragments that perhaps reached Nixie. At this point, she realized that her powers had left her once more and her eyes went wide, thought stream paused for a moment, trying to process the new data.

And Caleb? He simply felt out of place as much as a man could. "Hey, chin up, Nine, no reason to put hands in air just yet," he tried to speak in most comforting tone he could muster which was still kind of rough and grouchy, especially since he felt awkward. He was good with fighting, he was good with figuring things out quickly, but try to have him act supportive and it always came out a way woman would get more upset or angry. Only one that put up with it was his sister and well, she was his sister for a reason. If anyone thought she was a sweet and helpless, they would end up regretting their decision to mess with her sorely.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-12-2014, 03:59 PM

Nixie couldn't hear a thing other than her own rough breathing that echoed through her mind, sounding like someone else's breathing. Was that her? She counted, and counted again. She couldn't even count the numbers correctly. She was vaguely aware that people near her were speaking, but she couldn't be bothered with that now, lest she be taken over by the darkness.

Suddenly, the voices were back. Flooding her mind, confusing her own thoughts and the counting even more. Nixie was unable to hold the darkness off any longer. Her internal battle had been lost, once again. In that moment, the one where her heart suddenly calms and her breathing nearly stops, and then all goes dark and silent... it didn't.

Instead, her mind registered something else all together. Someone was touching her. In her state of feeling completely helpless, with anxiety clouding her mind, her new power kicked in like a defense mechanism.

Energy built up all the while Nixie's anxiety and paranoia rose, and as she turned instinctively to remove the hand upon her shoulder as if it were some kind of poisonous spider, the energy burst from her like a small explosion. It would appear to anyone, that Nixie had turned and aimed the energy at Corynn on purpose, though that was not the case.

Corynn would certainly be sent back at least ten feet or so. Nixie would sit there for a moment, nothing registering for a long time as she stared at Corynn. She would be calm now, having aimed the energy built up from the anxiety and paranoia elsewhere, removing it from her body. Those voices were still there though, and those would be what snapped Nixie out of it.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Perhaps taking the LBT jet over was a bad idea. Why? Well, he couldn't recall a damn thing after the plane ride. He honestly didn't remember how he got off the plane. Blurred memories tried to surface, but every time he thought he could recognize a face or "object," it would just distorted into nothing. Focusing, he was determined to recall something. Anything! Oh god, why hadn't he brought his agent to aid him in this mess. Wait, his agent! She wasn't allowed to come. They actually removed her from the plane. But he wouldn't let that happen. They had to coax him into such a thing. But how. Hmmm, they would have needed something more enticing than a sexy woman in a mini skirt. Booze and boobs were probably the only two things. Since the latter was taken from him, it had to be the liquor. To butter him up, the hosts offered him drinks. Drinks. Shit. Had he blacked out again? What was it now? His twenty-seventh legit blackout induced by liquor? God, he was becoming an alcoholic. Good thing he was getting an intervention, right? Wait... they called him in for his narcissistic personality. Hopefully, they would "cure" both while he was here. One could dream, right? After all, you can't die from being an ass. You can die from blood poisoning.

"My poor liver," he stammered out while sitting up in bed. Darkness leaving his eyes, Arvin pulled his neck back to gawk at the plain room he was in. So much for being treated like a superstar. He was getting the normal Joe treatment and he did not approve. Slipping from the bed to the ground, he skidded across the floor until he found the mirror.

"Oh thank god. I'm still sexy," he said while whirling about in the drab garments. Grey wasn't his best color. Black would have been more fitting, but at least it wasn't white. White would just make him look, due to the green hue his hair gave off. Eh, he would have to fetch new cloths. And if there were none, he would sew something up! He had learned basic sewing back on a tour bus.

A grumble came from his stomach. "Oh shit. I should eat. I wouldn't want the rage-monster to emerge because I missed breakfast." Looking at the sky, he snorted. "Make that lunch or diner. God, how long have I been out. It was... Fr... Thursday night when I left." He would ask about the day later. Right now, he needed to quell his roaring stomach before it turned him into a nasty man. If he didn't eat, he would get angry. The joys of having a crazy metabolism!

Not giving a hoot one way or the other about the surplus of guards or even what really happened (and can we talk about how he completely overlooked his new tattoo?), he followed his nose to the delectable scent of food. Entering the room, his yellow-green eyes didn't waiver off the marvelous shapes of the food sprawled out for them. Completely ignoring everyone, he cut in line and loaded up a plate full of food. Arvin hadn't even made it to the table before he started to dig in. Now, he wasn't messy. In fact, he almost looked as if he were eating like he were royalty.

Just inches from a chair, he allowed his eyes to roll up and take in the audience that was before him. Cheeks puffed out due to being full, he swallowed hard until it all went down. Taking a swig from his glass, he rinsed his palette. Oh boy, he could feel their attention now. There was only one green-haired beau in the world. He was famous, too. These people would be morons if they didn't recognize him right off the bat. Christ, he was on SNL, Access Hollywood, E!, and so many other shows. If they didn't recognize him from TV, they surely saw him on a magazine or in a calendar.

Pushing his shades down from the top of his head so they veiled his eyes, Arvin offered the crew a grin. "Sup, bitches." Slipping into the chair he was beside, he went back to eating. From behind the dark black shades (he wasn't sure why those weren't taken away, but he prayed they would let him keep them), he judged the people around him. No one looked of importance to him. If anything, they all looked average. Sighing inwardly, Arvin thought, "Prepare for the wave of 'oh my gods' and 'so sexy' comments. Grin surfacing, he embraced the adoration that he assumed would flood his ears.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 PM

After the first few delicious bites, Thais calmed down some. This gave her time to study the other people who also inhabited the dining room. There were only a few people besides her in the room until a green-haired guy walked in and sat down. He also made a beeline for the food. She grinned a little at that. Thais hated when people interrupted her while she was eating, so she decided to turn her attention back towards the other people.

Thais did not make friends. She did not want to make friends. But it could work in her favor if she acted friendly towards them. So, she stood up and stretched, hearing a few satisfying pops. Slowly she walked over to them and put on her best fake smile.
"Hi, my name is Thais. I guess we're all stuck in here together, huh?" She noticed something on their arms, numbers of some sort. Looking down at her own arm, she had a number as well. "Cool, I've always wanted a tattoo. But of course in the asylum they never let us do anything fun." She pouted a little bit, trying to act cute. Cute was not in her nature, which made this very hard and very aggravating.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Well, that she hadn't expected. As Corynn was taken by surprise and she didn't quite have her brother's trained agility, the sheer force threw her back from kneeling situation and girl landed on her side, due to attempt to spin around some in the flight. She lay still for a moment and then called out, as Caleb pounced at Nixie, driven by instinct to hurt anyone that endangered his sister. There were no thoughts in his mind, just the need to protect Corynn, to repay in same coin, it was as if he didn't register he was going to assault a woman. Scared woman not in control of something new in her.

While she didn't manage to stop him in time, white-hot rage got cooled slightly and the punch that would solidly hit Nixie flew by it with a whistling sound and slammed into earth, making earth and grass fly everywhere. In fact, when he would pull back, there would be nice, deep hole in ground, as if miniature meteorite had hit. Next moment, he was up and over by Corynn's side and helping her up. Now, his mind was flooded with something akin to guilt. He didn't hit women usually. Didn't even attempt to. Hitting women were off-limit even for him, even if they were the queen-bitches. "This is why I need to get control of my rage..." was one of the most prominent thoughts.

Corynn slowly approached Nixie now. "Well," she chuckled slightly, pushing hair out of face and rubbing her hip, "that clears up question about having energy blasts or no. Sorry I touched you suddenly like that." She glanced at Caleb who looked away, jaw clenched. "And what did you do here?" Young woman inspected hole in ground and shook her head. "I don't think you normally could do this..." He still wasn't answering and, by experience, Corynn knew he wouldn't be talking for rest of the day now.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM

Glancing sidelong at the new approaching male, Byren raised an eyebrow slightly. He was deffinetly crude and arrogant, no ignoring that. A sigh passed through his lips, as he turned his attention away from the male without even acknowledging him. He took another bite of his apple, before finishing with it. He sat the core down upon the plate that was positioned in front of the spot he sat at. He picked up a glass, as well as a piture of water that was seated not to far away. He filled the glass about half way, before lifting it to his lips. The water was still cold, that was good. He watched the other people within the room, who seemed to be speaking with eachother a bit.

The first male he had spoken to, had gone back to observing the seat next to him. The one who seemed to be occupied by the other's 'brother'. He looks at the female who spoke up then, asking if they were going to introduce themselves. He smiled a bit, she certainly was straight to the point indeed. He was not sure how much he wanted to let them in on his identity just yet. There really was no need to hide at least a name, there was certainly no way at present they could learn anything from it. A second female spoke, introducing herself. Then spoke of their tattoos. He remembered his, though he would not read to much into that for now. There was no point in it.

Numbers such as these were simply a way to brand them. It did not take a super genious to figure that out. "Nishhoku.." he began, taking another sip of water, "Byren Nisshoku." There, it was done and out in the open. Now they knew who he was, so what they took from it, was their own. He did not really care either way. He lightly moved the cup within his hand, swirling the contents within around in a circle. It was merely water, but his mind was not really on the water at all, he was thinking of other matters entierly. He wondered now what this place was. He would have to do a bit of exploring himself in awhile, and that was fine.

Right now, he did not trust anyone else enough to allow them the pleasure of joining him or inside his mind. Perhaps one of them might proove themselves in time, but for now he was more content with just being on his own. He sat back a bit more in his chair, allowing his back to press against the back of it more. He relaxed slightly, which might have seemed odd to some in this kind of situation. For him however, he did not mind or care. Spazzing out about this would lead to messy, sloppy mistakes. That would end up to possibly someone getting themselves killed, it would not be him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

They were attempting to help eachother, working with the girl who seemed to continue to only freak out. He sighed lightly, this was going to get them nowhere. He felt a light breeze flow past, and with it he smelt the scents coming from the home back behind him. He smiled slightly, seemed some of the other 'guests' were waking up, and seeming to come together in the dining hall. His tail gae another slight twich, not enough to stir the leaves around him. The rest of his body remained still from his hiding spot. His fingers wrapped around the branch below him, he could have easily popped away, out of this spot amd to the house.

What would he do once he got there though? He was not to keen on letting a crowd know of him at once, his appearance would be a little...less than perfect. He would not have a plesant experience, since past confrentation with ohers would be evidence of that. His whole life had been one bad experience one after another in such a manner. He smiled ligtly, he would need to make quite the entrance, if he was going to overcome the shock and surprise it was most likely going to stir up. For now he would remain silent and watch, until these little players decided to go back to the house.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 03-12-2014 at 09:38 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-12-2014, 09:47 PM

She blinked owlishly at Corynn there in the grass. It wasn't until she called out, that Nixie registered angry thoughts in her head, furious thoughts. They weren't her thoughts though, or Corynn's. At that same moment she turned in time to see Caleb lunging at her. It all happened so fast, that by the time she opened light grey eyes that she'd squeezed shut as that fist raised, Caleb was already gone.

Nixie realized she'd also been holding her breath. Her heart thudded in her chest. It was a different fear that had gripped her then, than she'd felt before. She'd never been attacked like that. Would that be what it would be like when they were pitted against each other? Nixie hoped she wouldn't be pitted against Caleb. Though, she couldn't imagine being pitted against anyone.

She'd already pushed herself up by the time Corynn had returned. Her hands were a little shaky from the sudden shake-up of being attacked. Corynn was actually the one apologizing. It was mortifying. How could Nixie have done such a thing. After already looking like a weirdo, she was sure, she had to go and hurt Corynn.

Corynn was all too easy going about it. "I'm really sorry," Nixie said. "I didn't mean to- I mean, I didn't realize it was you. I just, I was panicking. I have really bad panic attacks. I really didn't know- I'm so sorry." Nixie swallowed hard and looked down at her feet. Her bangs fell over her right eye and she peered around them at Corynn. "You aren't hurt are you?"

She half mumbled that question, afraid that Corynn might say yes. And Nixie thought she made bad impressions before. This was an all time low. She glanced at Caleb. He hated her, there was no doubt about that. Nixie thought she picked up a thought from him, about controlling his anger. Maybe that was her own thought though. But who could blame him? Nixie had attacked his sister.

In moments, the thoughts would be gone though. Returned to Corynn. She looked to the ground beside them where Corynn had mentioned something about it being 'new'. Her breath hitched. That, was almost her face. Awesome. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She couldn't say it enough. "I have to go," before I hurt someone else, or get myself into trouble... She glanced at Caleb.

Nixie stared at the ground. She couldn't look at either of them now. Not after that. Tears welled up in her eyes. At a place like this, in a situation like this, making enemies already. She turned and hurried away towards the building, crossing the lawn and onto the patio.

She pushed through the double back doors and ran right into Smith. What the- The guy was built like a rock. She didn't know he was part machine. She wanted to curse at him, tell him to screw off, let them go, a thousand things. But she recalled what Corynn had suggested about playing along. "You're supposed to be in the dining room," he said flatly.

"I- needed some fresh air," she responded. "And is that how the third floor window was broken?" he asked, not believing her. He didn't know about the other's powers yet, they had only just learned themselves. Smith personally knew about hers though. Would they get in trouble? Well, it wasn't like she wasn't already hated. "Yes," she said. "I did it. It was, just an accident. I can't control, what's happening...," she tried to explain, half lying.

Smith didn't look amused, and Nixie wasn't sure if he was buying it. He reached out and grabbed onto her arm. Not painfully so, but not in a way that she could get away either. "I think it's time you revisited the doctor for your problem, Nixie," he said.

((Ahh sorry, I have to cut off here and run out for a bit. It feels unfinished and I didn't get to proofread, but oh well! It was long enough, lol.))

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 AM

"No, I am not hurt, don't worry about it. I am the one that is at fault anyway. You can't control it yet, I think," Corynn smiled at her, although it didn't seem like Nixie would see or register it. Poor girl. She knew Caleb would have liked to apologize, but such words rarely ever left his lips. Both of Moores were very bad at admitting they were wrong or had done something bad. They had had to apologize so many times as children and teenagers, for things that weren't their fault, now the words were a lot more bitter than they should. And Caleb had so many problems with his rage beside this...

Of course, she had been stunned and scared, too, but to make Nixie feel worse than she did would be just plain wrong. And then, the woman just took off. Siblings looked at each other, faces rather crestfallen and then, as if on silent agreement, dashed after her. They didn't get far, though, stopping right beyond doors, witnesses to last sentences exchanged between Nixie and Smith. Corynn stared in slight horror and her eyes went to her brother. "Unhand her. Now." Well, angry at himself for raging or not, it didn't mean he couldn't roll right into next fit. But there was still some control in his eyes, hopefully it would stay there.

Smith looked at the pair, eyes narrowed and his hand, of course, didn't release Nixie's. "I do not follow your orders, Mr. Moore and this woman is unwell. She needs doctor's help. I am taking her to one right now, besides, you all should be in dinner hall," he explained stiffly, aware how Caleb's hands were curling up in fists and what a heavy punch they could throw. "I said: let her go," he repeated through gritted teeth and lunged at Smith, but he was prepared and moved sideways and nearly immediately, medical staff appeared and Corynn could see - or thought she could - gleam of syringe in one of their hands. Their thoughts confirmed their intentions.

"Caleb, no!" she cried out, flinging herself on his back from behind in attempt to restrain him before he attacked Smith another time. "Leave him alone! He won't fight... He won't," Corynn said as the man froze - his initial reaction had been to throw her off, but as she was his sister, he just couldn't. "I will take your word for it this time, Miss Moore, but next time he shows signs of aggression I will have him sedated and taken to doctors for his issue," Smith warned and began dragging Nixie off.

Corynn's eyes began filling with tears as she mouthed "I am so sorry" to the other woman, her hand now clenched on Caleb's shoulder who was staring intensely at Smith with gaze that should kill and there was this uncomfortable, squeezing feeling somewhere in red head's guts and around his throat. After short moment, it was just the two of them, standing there and feeling worse than they would have if they had been stranded on abandoned island. There was a bitter taste of betrayal in their mouths and Corynn honestly had no idea how she could look in Nixie's eyes again. If they'd ever see her.... With this horrible thought, they slowly began moving towards their rooms, not interested in returning to dinner hall as neither of them were hungry.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 AM

Gemini looked up as the green-haired individual walked into the room. She seemed to be the only one who recognized him- and only because she had worked at a supermarket checkout and had plenty of time to read the tabloids. "Hey, it's that green-haired guy from the trash rags. They must airbrush those photos, you're not as good looking in person." She remarked off-handedly. She hater arrogant people, and couldn't wait to see his reaction to her comment. Turning her attention to the others, she heard the other girl introduce herself, then stared at the male who had said only his name. Byren Nisshoku, huh? You realize you just pulled a James Bond, right?" She joked dryly. He seemed the introspective type, so he probably wouldn't react to that much. Ah, the tragedies of having Irish wit and no one who understood it. "Well, it looks like the food's not poisoned or anything..." She said to no one in particular, and proceeded to dig in- all the while taking a quick check of the emotions in the room.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-13-2014, 12:09 PM

Rua's eyes rolled when the other male entered, and then again from something else. "Clearly the number on our arms is an ID number. A brand." He shook that head slightly, and ran a hand through his hair, watching the others a bit. "My name is Rua." He watched Gemini closely for a moment, and then let his gaze sweep over the table to look at the food. No, he still didn't trust it. "It'd be stupid if our captors went to all the trouble of kidnapping us just to poison us. That's not what I meant when I said the food might be laced with something, they already drugged us once to put numbers on us and who knows what else they did while we were under. They could put any kind of mind altering drugs in the food. Things that would make us more docile, more willing to do whatever it is they want. Or just stuff to keep us calm, anything that might make us more complacent and obedient really. If the enemy puts food in front of your face so easily, you don't eat it."

Rua stood, he stretched a bit and looked around the room as if unsure of where he wanted to go now that he was up on his feet.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 PM

Oh goody, whiny brats who mocked the famous. Ah yes, those were Arvin's favorite kind of people. Always so cheery and understanding. Not. If there was one kind of person he loathed above all, it was her kind of person. People like Gemini always assumed celebrities had easy lives. No one really understood the pain or pressure it took to get to such a status. It was easy being normal. It was hard to be famous. Constantly under the watch of the public. Always in the news whenever you did one thing out of line. Constantly having to smile and look pretty. It was a tiring job. Sure, there were always haters, but it got old having to deal with the death threats. Not to mention, the plethora of proposals and dates.

The old Arvin would have cheerfully exclaimed something witty. The NPD Arvin? Well, he was stark in remarks and could come across very superior. He really knew how to rub someone the wrong way with his abrasive tongue. If he wanted to, he could rip this woman a new one. Hell, he could toss his fame, fortune, and life of 'luxury' in her lap. Oh he could ask her what her fame to claim was. He doubted it would be anything based on her looks alone.

A snort came after a smug expression. Chuckling lightly, Arvin pushed the shades from his eyes to stare across at the woman who dared insult him. "Look who's talking. Even with all my money, the doctors wouldn't be able to fix that face of yours." Sending Gemini a death glare, he tore his attention from her and shifted it to Rua. With what this guy was saying, things were far graver here than originally expected. Were they really kidnapped? Were they really drugged? And were these people of the LTB really trying to sedate them to submission?

Nose wrinkling at the idea of drugged food, Arvin smirked. "Don't you think if they wanted us as their slaves, they would have done so in our sleep? Or put it in the water?" Arvin was still finding it hard to believe someone would drug food. What if it was accidentally consumed by a guard? And the amount of drugs would need to be used sparingly on the food. Too much and you could OD. Too little and it'll do nothing.

"Poisoning the food would be too much of a risk anyway. What if we overindulged. What if we didn't eat at all. Our metabolisms and body differences are too drastic. Drugging the food doesn't seem very logical. Seems like a possible lethal activity and, as you pointed out, if they wanted us dead, we would already be dead." Mulling over everything, Arvin decided it would be best that he comply. Sure, it didn't sound fun and he hated the idea of being submissive to someone but he didn't want to be hurt or punished. Often those who rebelled ended up dead. It was time to play nice with the authorities and dream of getting rewards to good behavior.

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-13-2014 at 05:24 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 PM

Nixie's eyes widened in horror. See the doctor? Wasn't it the doctor who drugged her in the first place? Branded her? Did who knows what else that lead to this freakish stuff happening to her body? But she was supposed to be 'playing along'. No. No no no. She couldn't just let herself be dragged off to "The Doctor".

Before she could resist or protest, a voice came from behind her. Nixie turned her head in surprise. Caleb? And Corynn, too. Didn't they hate her? They must, why wouldn't they? There was an exchange of words between Smith and Caleb, and then Caleb lunged.

Smith debated pulling Nixie in front of him. Not because he needed the protection, was a coward, or couldn't take the hit, but because it would teach Caleb and his sister a lesson. Instead, he simply moved himself, with Nixie, out of the way. He motioned for the guards to come forward and sedate Caleb, but Corynn stopped him before the guards needed to.

Smith gave them a warning, and was dragging Nixie along again. She wished the siblings could have freed her now. Her heart raced. What did visiting the doctor hold for her now? She glanced over her shoulder at Caleb and Corynn who was mouthing that she was sorry and had tears in her eyes.

It wasn't their fault. Nothing that happened here was their fault. Nixie put on a brave face, and gave Corynn the the 'okay' sign with her free hand. Better Nixie than Corynn or Caleb. that's why she'd lied in the first place. They had potential. Nixie was just, plain old, can't make friends, no self esteem, waste of space, Nixie. The disappeared around the corner, and that was the last Nixie was seen.

~~~*~~~*~~~

((ATTN: EVERYONE: This post includes all players. ))

When Smith returned to the first floor, Dr. Heyman accompanied him, along with a handful of guards. They entered the dining room. Dr. Heyman smiled a fake and friendly smile to reassure everyone that the visit was to be of no harm to anyone. "Hello!" she exclaimed. "Is everyone ready for the tour?" Some stood, and some stared. Of course.

"I must remind you all that this required." At those words, the guards stepped forward into the dining room before circling around it. Almost like dogs herding cattle. They would poke at those still sitting with their guns, forcing them up and into a group to begin the tour. Four guards had been sent to retrieve Elaine, Caleb and Corynn, and they arrived just then, just in time.

"This, as you all know is the dining room. Meals will be served here promptly at 6:00 a.m., 12 noon, and 6:00 p.m.. The kitchen is open, too, at any time and the fridge and pantries are fully stocked." She exited the dining room, the guards herding the others along. If anyone would try and speak, Dr. Heyman would cut them off to say, "Please hold all questions and comments until the end of the tour," before continuing on.

They continued until stopping in front of the living room. It was quite large. "This is your living area. As you can see the television is more like a theater screen, for easy watching for everyone." The couch was a giant 'U' shape that would easily fit everyone, with an ottoman in the center. But there were still a few other areas, one beside a fireplace with a love seat and two chairs beside it, another by a bookshelf with another love seat and two chairs.

"You'll see a fireplace there, as well as a foosball table, and a pool table," she was pointing the things out. "There's a vending machine that holds drinks. It doesn't require money, just press the button. Beside it is what we call the breakfast bar. On the counter behind the bar is an espresso machine, and a smoothie blender. There on the bar each morning will be a basket of fruit, as well as bagels."

In front of the granite bar were four bar stools. "They're there in case you wake early, or miss breakfast for whatever reason." She turned to face them all now, looking incredibly proud of herself and LTB. They continued on until coming to another stop. There was a door, almost hidden it seemed, beside the staircase. "That is the library," she said, before continuing to stop in front of the stairs.

The library would be much larger than anyone would have imagined. Once inside, the entire wall that faced the back lawn would be beautiful large windows. The library was three stories tall, with stairs in various places to reach different sections of each level. There were couches and tables and even two fireplaces in the far corners. It looked almost like something out of a Disney movie. Though this was no fairy tale.

Dr. Heyman gestured to the other end of the hall. "Down there are the community showers. They're quite large, and offer more privacy than you might expect. It's also where the spas are located." They would find the spa half of the area with wooden floors. It would be peaceful and seemingly serene. There would be a steam room, as well as a very large hot tub, that waterfalled into another small pool-like tub. The lighting in there would be low and relaxing. Various palmed plants and vibrant flowers were placed accordingly in the room.

The showers half of the area had granite tiled floors. The counters, with neverending mirrors were also granite. In front of each sink was a plush rug. The lighting was bright, and warm. Giving the bathroom, while large and community, a very homey feeling. Towels were stacked everywhere for easy access. Inside the showers were shampoos, conditioners, body washes, razors, etc. Inside the cabinets were other various things to keep one well groomed, something required of all experiments guests.

Heyman and Smith began ascending the stairs. As they reached the second level, Heyman continued on up the stairs. "You all know the second level are your bedrooms," she said, dismissing it on the way to level three. The bedrooms were in fact quite large. They were all painted in dark shades of maroons and purples, with black or cherry wood furnitures. ((You can all describe your own rooms to your hearts desires, as long as they're dark colors and dark furnitures. No bathrooms, and nothing extravagant. All closets will have the same clothes, black pants and shorts and grey tops/jackets.))

The carpets were a deep red with golds and floral print. Nothing too busy and hideous, and not too attention grabbing. The doors were unreasonably tall, as were the ceilings on this level, but Heyman didn't stop to talk about it. She didn't feel the need. Upon reaching the third floor, Heyman stopped to allow everyone to catch up, though no one would be too far behind with the guards herding.

"The third level is where you'll do most of your training and exercising." The top floor was open, creating a huge gym. Any piece of equipment you could imagine was there. A third of the room appeared to be dedicated to kick boxing style training, with a ring included and various punching bags hanging around. There was also a kitchen-like area with a grocery store-like cooler. Inside were various sports drinks, water, etc. On the counter was another one of those smoothie machines, and various racks filled with protein bars, apples, etc.

Heyman walked straight through the gym towards a trio of french doors. She pushed through one set. "This balcony out here is where the pool is located." The pool was a training pool, though there were also lounge chairs around it, including a few tables with umbrellas over them. The balcony was so large, and the pool was so close to the edge of the building, that it would be hard to keep out of the sun there.

Off to the right was another set of stone stairs that led to the roof. There was nothing up there but a balcony of sorts, with a few outdoor couches and one wicker swing. Heyman didn't point that area out, and it wasn't very visible from where they all stood, but it was there.

Heyman lead them all back down to first floor, where Smith took over. "Follow me," he said. They headed in the direction of the community bathrooms, before taking a left turn down a long hall. The hall was bare, aside from the lighting, and was excruciatingly long. When they reached the end, a pair of metal doors slid open. Inside was a small room, a communications room of sorts. It was dark, and there was a single long window, an indestructible window, that showed them all a very very large dome room. It would look like nothing they'd ever seen.

"This," Smith said, "is the simulation room. This is where most of your combat training will occur." He chose to leave out the part about the simulations basically being real, and that any damage they received inside would be real. "That concludes your tour. Any questions?" he asked the group.

((I will link to this exact post at the top of the play where the ID numbers are located, for easy access. If anyone has any special requests for things or items, just let me know, and I can add those, too!

I am assuming Azelf already knows the layout of this place, along with one or two of the others? If I'm not mistaken. If I've left anyone out, let me know and I'll edit to have them rounded up. ^^))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-13-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 PM

As he had already determined, Arvin complied with every order and command. The guards didn't need to herd him as he was already standing and in line behind Heyman. Head tipping to the side, he gave her a simple smile. When she explained the purpose of the dining room, a question arose. Opening his mouth, he was met with the words of holding one's tongue until the end. For now, he would tuck his question away in the back of his mind. He wanted to inquire about the hours of service. As in, just how long was food served for. Only right at noon? Or did it happen for an hour? He also had to inquire about the ingredients, but today's meal was amazing! He was dying to know the chef's secret.

Obediently following the tour, Arvin was impressed with the living area. The lack of liquor, however, was a major turn off. He would have to ask about that later. Were they even allowed to drink? Oh and what movies were they able to watch? Anything just on TV? Or was there a hidden bookcase of movies to pick from?

You know, for being such a "bad place," Arvin didn't really see the darkness to it. Sure, he was kidnapped (or so the others claimed) but the crew seemed really nice. And the place was exquisite. The dark, rich colors were very nice. He loved the woodwork and the splashes of gold here and there. When he eventually got to leave, he would add gold to his interior decorating theme.

Feeling the butt of a gun press into his spleen, Arvin looked up with sorrowful eyes. "Sorry, I was thinking about how a golden statue might look in this room." Catching back up with Heyman, he lightly scratched his head as a gesture of apology for not keeping up.

Now before the bath area, Arvin smiled. He loved the idea of having spas to spoil himself in. Of course, Arvin wasn't afraid of showing off his nude body, so he had no qualms with the design. For all he cared, it could have been completely open. He wasn't the kind to get embarrassed. He might, however, show off. Although, from the looks of some of these people, they hardly looked over twenty-one. He would do his best not to completely expose his perfect body to them. Wouldn't want to scar the kiddies.

Falling in love with the gym, Arvin stepped out of line and was already touching and eyeballing all the machines. Henceforth, the gym would be his favorite place in this castle-like institution. Before he came to LTB, he hit up the gym daily, never spending less than an hour there.

Eyes scanning the area, they drew wide with shock. "No pool?!" he sadly whimpered. Thankfully, the next stop rectified his broken heart. "Ohhh, fancy." It was probably a good thing a guard stood behind him or else Arvin might have taken a dip. Being pushed toward the next destination, Arvin gave his puppy dog eyes before pouting after Heyman.

At the last time, the green-haired man nodded in approval. Okay so he might just go to the simulation room more than the gym. The idea of this room drew him in so much. He had no idea what it entailed and he wasn't about to ask. It would ruin the fun of discovering the puzzle.

With the floor now open for questions, Arvin scooted closer to Heyman and Smith. "Three questions and a comment. One, how long is food served for -- just at those specific hours or is available until gone? Two, no alcohol? Three, I see we don't have a 'hobby room' for arts and music. Are those hobbies not allowed? And the comment. Lunch was amazing. Give my thanks to the chef."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 03-13-2014, 05:20 PM

Byren chuckled slightly as the Bond comment was made, but said nothing about it. The male now known as Rua spoke up next before the other male decided to open his mouth. Byren sighed a bit, yes, he was deffinetly a bit crude. They were arguing about the food and poisoning, when the other people entered. They spoke of a tour, and that it was mandatory. At least that was better than sitting around here all day. Byren stood without a word, slipping his chair in. He followed near the back of this little group, as they walked along. One room after another, they moved along and saw the layout of this place. It was like a five star hotel mixed with an insanity ward in his mind. It was clear that they were being shown a showy surface for a reason, to hide the malace underneath.

He did not need to be forced or prodded, there was no reason, or point, in resisting at the moment. This would give him an excuse to get a quick look around the place anyways, so he knew the layout. He had a feeling there was more to this than the surface as he had thought before, but he was not about to raise his voice at the moment, for a matter that might have proven to only get him in trouble. So, he stayed silent as they were shown around. There were many rooms, many things to do, but they all had a rather....empty feel to them. Something was deffinetly wrong, a huge hole in their little perfect and happy surface...as to what...right now that was not the time to focus upon it.

When the journey ended, he noticed the crude man was the first to speak up. A slight smile tugged at his lip, he really was not surprised. He took the time to give a slight glance around where they now stood. A simulation room hmm...This place was deffinetly nothing good. He could clearly see on the doctor's face, that he was hiding something more about the current room they were standing in. They would find out in time he was sure, but as for what would happen when they did, that could clearly not be anything good. He sighed a bit, reaching up to run a hand through his hair. He glanced at the others. Besides cude boy up there, he was interested in knowing what they were all even remotely thinking at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azelf remained still, as the female ran away, then the other two after her. Once they were gone, he released his hold upon the tree, jumping easily down to the ground below. His skill made the rather high jump seem more like one was jumpping off of standing upon a chair. Simple enough, his tail now swaying in a slightly more feline like manner behind him. If he was correct, those who were being held up in the dining hall would be shown around. The other two seemed to be heading off on there own to the rooms, but this was only based on their scents. He slipped his arms up to cross over his chest. He was slightly curious about what would happen to the now vanishing scent of the first girl.

Seemed she had gotten herself into a little bit of a bind. He chuckled lightly then sighed a bit. If he did not return to his own room soon, he would surely be listening to a lecture of his own. His appearance made him one of the more...restricted parties of this little institute. Although he did wish to play with the new arrivals, he would have to wait to see what the doctor said... There was more to it than he could let on at this point, but that was indeed fine. He took one last deep breath of the air around him, before there was a sharp 'poof' sound in the air. All that remained in the spot he had been standing moments before, was curling whisps of black smoke.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Moores had been halfway to their rooms when guards caught them, rounding the two like they were cattle straying away from herd. They exchanged glances, but followed back to dining hall. They didn't stand with the rest of group, Caleb opting to lean against wall in nonchalant manner, arms crossed, - guards had no reason to push them together before the tour moved on and they let him stay there. Corynn, of course, remained by his side.

When they were led out of dining hall, they were in middle of group now, Caleb standing out like a sore thumb due to his height. He towered over both men and women present here, except for another male that was his height, while his expression was dark and nearly threatening. Siblings took in sights around them as well as the other experiments and Caleb could swear he knew that green haired one from movies or something... Despite how grand the mansion was, nothing really excited them, although young woman fell instantly in love with library and had to be rounded up once more. Meanwhile, he showed appreciation for gym equipment immediately, too, inspecting it with knowledgeable eye, until Corynn tugged on his shirt to get him back in the group.

Under different circumstances, they both would have loved all of it. This was a lavish place with all the luxuries they had always dreamed to have, but the price for it all was their freedom. And maybe life as well. Event with Nixie was still fresh in their minds. In truth, she was having hard time thinking... There were so many thoughts around her, in her mind, and they seemed to multiply tenfold as they came to the tour's end that girl grew pale and Caleb placed hand on her back, afraid she might faint. She gave him meek, reassuring smile. She couldn't talk to him about what she had heard quite yet, not so that the doctors wouldn't turn their unwanted attention onto her.

Questions that green one stated all seemed sensible, but, honestly, how could he care about these things right now? Didn't he know about the crap that was going on. Caleb pushed through group on front lines (with Corynn following closely, although she still looked pale), staring down at the tour givers with dark glare. "Didn't hear you talking about our 'doctor appointments.'" There was bitter sarcasm of sorts in his voice at end. "You took one of us already tonight, will she return or are you going to 'doctor' her to death or insanity?" he drawled.

It didn't seem that anyone noticed that figure joining them in library. She simply slipped in the group, no one really paying attention to her, as if she had been part of the herd all this time. She didn't say anything, didn't wander away from group again... She just was there, so easy to miss like a ghost, although her green-gray eyes didn't slip over a single important detail without taking note of it.

Beside all those possible burn scars on her exposed arms, there was really nothing noticeable about her and most likely, all of them would see her at some point, but forget moments later, as there were so many more unique looking individuals around, not even talking about new environment. Only Corynn... Well, she looked twice at the girl, but then seemed to stop paying attention to her as well.

This girl didn't ask anything now, she remained silent, expression a little thoughtful, but whatever was going on in that head of hers remained a mystery.

Last edited by sadrain; 03-13-2014 at 06:17 PM..

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM

After getting completely and utterly lost, a guard was able to bring Elaine back to the dining hall. It wasn't a pleasant experience, sine he wouldn't say a word to her. Golly, all these people just won't talk to her! Talk about a madhouse. Frustrated, she followed the guard, feeling like a black cloud was hanging over her. Why is everyone here nuts? she thought.

She was amazed by the tour, and the different things that this building had. She liked the pool table, and the spa area. The pool area looked pretty awesome too. There was only one thing that bugged her. Combat Training. After listening to the others ask their questions, Elaine added her own. "Why do we need combat training?" she asked.

She looked down at her arm, with her ID and her skin issues. It made her wonder. "And since you dragged us out here with the promise of helping our issues, do you plan on fixing those problems too? Like my psoriasis?" That was the least they could do. They were promised help. And cash.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-13-2014, 08:04 PM

Rua opened his mouth to respond, but before he could, armed guards were coming in and the doctor was talking about a tour. He shrugged, and started moving on without being prompted by the guards. He took it all in quietly, though occasionally he glanced to the empty space next to him and would either nod or wrinkle his nose in disdain. When the tour was concluded, Rua just somewhat scowled, but he was silent. Just waiting for them to dismiss him so he could go do something else. Then someone said something about a girl being taken away and Rua looked around. They were indeed missing a person. His body tensed a bit, and he frowned, but he remained silent. He didn't have anything say and he was sure any questions he asked would be skillfully evaded.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM

Before the tour began, Nixie was led to the "basement". That wouldn't be part of the tour for the others, no. They would learn that place soon enough, by experience. And for now, it was off limits.

Nixie was led to a metal door at the other side of the staircase. Opposite the library door. The metal door would only open with a code, a fingerprint, and eye scan, so Nixie noticed. Once inside, the door closed behind them. There was no way out for Nixie now, not on her own, so Smith released her.

She followed. What else would she do? Fight? Then she'd be drugged again. She wanted to see this place down here, and know what it held. She might rethink those thoughts later. The long corridor they walked down was mostly dark. It was lined with more guards. Nixie wondered how so many people just didn't care what was going on down here. Perhaps they were just that well paid. Maybe they were brainwashed. Maybe they were robots.

Smith led Nixie to a room. The door was also metal, but slid open immediately. In a chair there sat Dr. Greenwich. An image flashed in Nixie's mind of him leaning over her. There was a bright light... The image was gone. A memory? Nixie stood there in the doorway while Smith filled him in on what had happened. She gathered that this man was called Doctor Greenwich. Then Smith was dismissed to begin the tour with Dr. Heyman.

Greenwich motioned for Nixie to sit down, and she very reluctantly did so. Dr. Greenwich surprisingly looked normal. Like a regular man. Almost kind of attractive. He had short brown hair, and glasses. The unsettling part of him, was his long white doctors coat. Was he even really a doctor?

Naturally, Nixie's heart rate quickened. Her breathing did, too. He smiled, it was also unpleasant. "Calm down Nixie," he said, knowing why she'd initially agreed to come here, and not wanting her to black out before he could conclude their meeting. "I'm not going to hurt you here," he reassured her, not lying. He would hurt her, and the others. He'd just try hard not to in his personal office.

He moved around his desk and offered his hand to Nixie, gesturing to two chairs against a wall that faced each other. She kept her own hands together, wringing them nervously. She stood though, and followed him to the chairs, somewhat reassured by his words that she wasn't going to be hurt. She sat across from him. "Tea?" he asked, offering a cup as he poured it via a small platter on the coffee table between them. Nixie shook her head no.

What was she doing here? Why had she been brought down here? What did this doctor want? They stared at each other for a moment. "Have you made any friends yet, Nixie?" he asked in a friendly manner. She frowned. What did that have to do with anything? She looked down at her hands. Somehow, she couldn't find her voice, even if she'd wanted to talk to Greenwich. She was too nervous, and scared.

Dr. Greenwich rambled on about the weather, and the living accommodations, to see if Nixie would open up. But she didn't. He sighed. "Okay then Nixie," he said, leaning forward. "I suppose you want to get right to it then?" She looked up at him finally. Right to what?

He stared into her eyes. Somehow his light colored eyes darkened, his pupil swallowing up the iris entirely, and Nixie looked away. Had he done that to anyone else, the hypnotization would have worked. But of course, Nixie who doesn't look anyone in the eye in a high stress situation, broke the eye contact. "Look at me," he said. But Nixie wouldn't. He stood and moved around the coffee table to sit on it in front of Nixie.

"Look," he demanded. But Nixie stared down at her own trembling hands, bangs in her face. She'd always thought of her bangs as a sort of barrier between her and the world. If only it would really act like that now. Dr. Greenwich grabbed a hold of her jaw and forced her to look at him. He made eye contact, and quickly burned through into her soul. He didn't waste any time losing her this time around.

He released her face, and clasped his hands together in his lap, watching her. With his mind, he calmed her. Her anxiety and stress went away, as did the trembling. She stared into Greenwich's eyes, unblinking, unmoving. When he was sure he had her, he closed his eyes, not needing the eye contact to keep her tranced any longer. She'd be that way until he said so.

When he was ready, he placed a hand on each side of her face, closing his eyes again. He began then to search her mind, her very soul. While seemingly being nothing much, it would be a very degrading feeling when he was done. He was able now to see anything he wanted, to reach into the deepest depths of her feelings and see memories even Nixie couldn't remember. If he had all the time in the world, and it wouldn't cause death, he could watch Nixie's life from the very beginning, through her eyes.

For now, he was after something else. His mind pushed through hers, bypassing recent feelings and memories until he found exactly what he was looking for. When he had the information, he began maneuvering out, but something caught his attention. It was her memory of earlier in the yard. Dr. Greenwich would be pushing it, to stay in her mind any longer, but he wanted to see this.

He watched everything that had happened, through her eyes. So it would seem that the others were starting to show signs of their powers, too. Then they all would be. Pain now, in Nixie's mind. He could feel it. He'd been there too long. He pulled out as quickly as he possibly could, snapping the real world into view as his eyes opened.

Even still hypnotized, Nixie had begun to frown. One of those painful frowns one got when they were hurt or being hurt. Well, she was alive. He was only still trying to perfect his own power of digging into people like this, and well, he'd learned the hard way that he couldn't stay for long. It was only six or seven failures, so far. He'd get there.

Dr. Greenwich moved back to his desk, jotting down some notes. He'd found exactly what powers Nixie had. And, in that memory of hers, little tidbits of Caleb and Corynn's, too. It was only a matter of time before he got his hands on the others, literally, to detect their powers, too.

He snapped his fingers, and Nixie blinked, frowned, and grimaced. She dropped her head into her hands, her head was pounding. She couldn't even think straight for a moment. Finally, after squeezing her eyes shut and thinking hard, Nixie recalled what had happened. Unfortunately for her though, while Dr. Greenwhich had searched through her mind, he'd taken some of it with him. Bits and pieces of memories were missing, though she wouldn't notice yet.

He returned with a glass of water and two pills, offering them both to her. She instinctively moved away from him, looking down at her lap again. She felt, violated, and angry. What kind of person just went into a person's mind and soul like that. It felt as if Nixie had been completely revealed to him. Not in a naked sense, but the feeling was the same.

Besides, she didn't want those pills, she didn't trust him at all. Her head throbbed. "It's just Advil," he said, half annoyed. Nixie looked at them, taking them quickly before she changed her mind. Her head was splitting, and she couldn't handle it. When she finished the water, she looked at him questioningly, before looking away again. She hated him. She'd known she hated all the people here, but now she really really hated Dr. Greenwich, with a new level of hate. "You can sit there and pout all you want, or you can make conversation. You can't leave until an escort arrives."

That was just fine. Nixie crossed her arms and refused to look at or talk to Dr. Greenwich. Tears filled her eyes, but she refused to let them fall in front of him. "Fine then," he said, returning to his desk to continue doing paperwork.