ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-20-2014, 03:22 PM

The peace of the forest, though normally relaxing, brought no sense of calm to the Centaur as he walked through the forest, searching for his sister's attacker. Letting out a sigh, Mios took a moment to shake his head before a familiar voice piped up in front of him. Straightening his stance, the Centaur toward over the smaller blonde woman. Looking down at her, he simply blinked for a few moments before placing a hand on her head. No smile graced his lips at the greeting, the sorrow in his eyes clear as day. "Nia has been badly wounded," he said, his hand slowly sliding from its spot on the woman.

Gaze drifting out into the forest, he remained silent for a little while before adding, "I am going to attempt to locate her attacker." It was then his gaze fell back onto the shorter woman. A look seemed to flash through his eyes as he gripped the woman's arm tightly in his hand, pulling her with him as he began walking through the woods. "I saw not who attacked her, but perhaps you could assist me with that."

Filled with new determination, Mios began pulling Rayne in the direction in which he had carried his sister only hours earlier. He knew of the woman's ability, as did all of their people, they helped her cultivate it after all. With her help, Mios may get an idea as to whom had harmed his sister so badly and what steps to take next. Granted, traveling with another would be interesting as he had only packed enough supplies for himself, but it wasn't like he was helpless and he could really use her help.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 AM

Curiosity was edging it's way into his eyes as Hemset stared at the woman. With a quick glance around he was sure no one was paying him any attention-and why would they? He was completely average looking in every way, at least that was the look he had been going for.

With a deep breath Hemset closed his eyes and pretended to take a sip of his water as he cast a very simple spell on his own sight. He wanted to know what this woman was capable of and this spell would grant him the ability to see exactly what magic surrounded her.

Bringing his drink back down he opened his eyes to look at her again a gasp caught in his throat and make him choke. After a brief coughing fit that brought tears to his eyes he wiped them away and looked again. He had seen correctly and yet he still didn't believe it.

It was like seeing two people at once, layered with one another. One the woman that everyone else saw and the other was a child that could not be mistaken for any other. The sunshine princess of Rashmaal, as happy and carefree as can be.

Hemset froze, his trembling hand fumbled to grip onto his staff as he stared, unable to even blink for fear of losing sight of her. Where were her captors? How did she end up here, so far from home? She didn't look terribly kidnapped, he concluded after quickly scanning the crowd. Just that old woman seemed to be with her and there wasn't anything special about her at all so she couldn't be the culprit, but then who?

Whoever they were, it was very possible that they would be looking for her and clearly they had a powerful magical ability to be able to alter the princess like that. Hemset needed to act now if he wanted to help avoid a war. He had to get her back home.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Eririn smiled sweetly and patted the drunken male's head before skipping off to do her task. She wasn't really sure where she was going to find someone to guide them through the forest, especially so early in the morning. Shaking her head, she skipped along the empty streets, looking for some half drunk man who knew the forests around them. Of course Eririn herself was all too familiar with the forests, but no one, so was labelled a faulty navigator. She was close to giving up, but then she spotted a man not too far away. Quickly making her way over, she called out to him "Excuse me!" she waved to grab the mans attention, "My partner and I need a bit of guidance through the forest, would you kindly help us?" She was worried for Lonen's health, as the last time she had checked, one of her mates actually ended up dying from drinking too much of that stuff. A stupid mate indeed, nature took him out fairly quickly.

Surprisingly enough, the man seemed more than willing to help her. He smiled gently, "Sure sweetheart, I was headed to the next town anyway, where is your partner?" Eririn was a bit shy, Lonen was nowhere to be seen, and with the man being so good-looking, she couldn't help but be drawn in. After a few minutes, she shyly explained the situation to the taller man; how her mate had drank way too much for little money, and how he got kicked out for flirting with the owners wife in his stupor (she certainly got a laugh from him for that).

"If you need payment I'll pay, just name the price." She said, following the man inside the house as he packed his things, "I'm sorry if he's irritable, he usually doesn't ask like asking for help, and he might not take it today...." She looked nervously to the side, they were walking back over to the stables where Lonen lay, albeit very slowly.

"That's alright, I got to see a cute face like yours, a good way to start the day." Eririn flushed a bit as she opened the doors to the stable once again. Finding her mate on his back with a saddle by his side on the floor, she sighed. "Lonie-honey what am I going to do with you?" She walked over to him in his stupor, and held his head as she lifted him up to a more upright sitting position. "Baby, this guy is going to lead us through the forest, isn't that great?" The man in question waved nervously, eyeing the drunken male warily.

Velleni
Send a message via Yahoo to Velleni

Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM

It was a long night for Lex. It seemed his Princess had decided to go on another of her late night disappearances. He paced his room across the hall tirelessly, waiting for her footsteps in the hall. He'd noticed she'd gone after he'd gotten up to check on her. Lex had a feeling that she might leave again. She hadn't done so in a while. Time ticked by as he sat there counting each minute, hoping that she'd return soon.

"Gods for-fend. I am going to go mad if she doesn't return-- though I suppose that really won't matter much as I am sure I'll be dead before long. If she's not home within the hour I'll have to go looking for her. I really don't want to have to go looking for her. Who even decided she needed a knight? The woman can handle herself just fine. And it's not like I can stop her from doing as she pleases. She's the Princess for the God's sakes!"

Heaving yet another sigh Lex continued his trek around his room. Thankfully Helena was home not long after that, and with much time to spare Lex's sanity.

When his Princess returned Lex was waiting to greet her. After safely seeing her into her room the knight turned and made his way to the stables to ready the horses. Upon first getting this station Lex was quite put out by Helena's random and intermittent disappearances. After a bit of sleuthing Lex decided to let the matter drop. He'd had her followed once or twice and after learning what she was up to he really didn't want to know anymore. Lex shook his head. There was another matter at hand. Getting ready to ride out to Rashmaal. It seemed his Princess had gone far once more as her horse was already tacked and seemed a bit winded. Lex shook his head again as he pulled the animal from it's stall before walking it a little to cool it down. They'd have another bit of a ride as soon as she returned. Helena seemed in a bit of a turmoil so there was really no telling what kind of pace would be set on their ride. It would do no good for the beast to lame up. After seeing to it that the Princess' horse was set he turned to his own, quickly putting on it's gear and mounting. Lex reached down with a murmur of thanks to the stable hand who'd held the other horse, and took it's reigns leading it from the stable to wait for the princess outside.

Lex sat atop his horse, watching his charge, his face a study of blank neutrality as he watched her stride toward the place where he and her retinue waited with her mount. Lex watched her carefully looking for any signs of physical distress as she mounted up. Once firmly seated she turned to him. "Are we ready to ride?"

Lex nodded once, "Yes." And with that they were under way.

Lex raised an eyebrow as Helena looked back over the unit of men following her, briefly wondering at her thoughts, before dismissing them and resuming his focus on their ride.

Last edited by Velleni; 06-24-2014 at 03:11 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 PM

The female played with one of the many feathers in her hair, her eyes looked everywhere but at the golden haired male for the moment. She noted the moss and grass on the ground. Her face turned slightly pink at him touching the top of her head, it quickly faded away as she stepped out from under his touch.

"Nia..." she said in surprise, her eyes looking up into the emerald green ones above her, biting her lip as she quickly looked away. She could feel her hot tears welling up in her eyes. She did not want him to see her like this, after all he and his twin were the ones that found her when she was younger.

She considered Nia like a sister and Mios, well she wasn't sure exactly sure what she considered him for now. "No..." she said to him as he started to drag her off towards something that he only knew. She tried to break free of his grip, sadness written on her face as she looked back towards the direction that she assumed Mios had come from.

"Mios!! Before I do anything I have to go see Nia." she said to him with watery eyes, she was on the verge of tears. She clearly knew more then he did about the situation but it was also clear she was not going to say anything about it. "I know this is hard on you and that you will do anything for her. But your acting like Nia and.....and you need to calm down an think about this....." she said to him in a soft voice, she had been fighting her tears but they streamed down her face anyways. She turned her head away from him, breaking free from his grasp finally as she started to move as quickly as she could towards the healers, though she was easily lost but she wasn't going to admit that at the moment.

solidfalcon

Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 AM

He must have searched the entire forest that night, checking every bush, tree and even under small rocks that clearly could not hide the adult princess. But no matter where he looked, no matter how loudly he'd whisper her name--in vain attempts not to alert anyone else of her presence--Kirnathous could not find her. It was even possible he had put more distance between them by frantically searching the forest like a headless, panicked chicken. He had no idea what direction she went. He knew she was after some Akiyama person, but that was about the extent of his knowledge. She was looking for a person and he had no idea where or who that person was. He had no idea where anything was anymore. He has run himself to exhaustion in his desperate search. And eventually, fatigue caught up with the poor unfortunate soul who doomed himself by turning the princess into a grown up. And he literally just crashed onto the forest floor, having passed out mid-walk, just hours before sunrise.

And he probably would have slept the entire morning and half the afternoon away had the sound of a snapped twig not cause him to immediately stir from his not so comfortable slumber. He had landed on his shoulder when he fell, and his glasses were set crookedly on his face. When he sat up, his hair was filled with twigs and leaves; dark circles under his eyes. He looked like a mess. A startled, crazy mess who stared out at the forest. He heard the sound of leaves crunching, someone was coming and they were close, but not so close that he'd be spotted right away. Or one would hopefully believe. But Kirn? He knew better. He recognized the sound of that sort of movement, it was all too familiar to him. Four steps. It was a Centaur. And if he could hear them, chances are they would spot him if he wasn't careful. And they could easily mistake him for something evil and immediately fill him full of arrows and that was not something he wanted to deal with.

So he quietly laid back down on his side, his shoulder stiff and sore from having slept on it awkwardly, and he waited for the centaur to pass. But, as he listened... He heard a voice. The voice of a woman. She sounded upset, her voice suggested she might have even been crying. His eyes narrowed slightly at this. Had a centaur gone rogue? Were they now tormenting innocent people passing through the forest? Would he have to put his foot down?... Of course he would. He would not tolerate this injustice. He would save the damsel in distress and chase the centaur off with a good scolding and a fair warning. There was no way he'd actually kill a centaur, that would cause him to lose friendship points with his favorite goddess. Unless the centaur was just flat out evil, then he'd have to kill it and by then he was sure the goddess would understand.

His body tensed up as the sounds of the centaur and the woman got closer and, once they were close enough, he got to his feet quickly, charging out from his hiding place in a blur of blue and skidding to a halt in front of Mios and Rayne; blocking their way. The long tail end of his coat and his hair flicked about in a cool fashion as he came to a halt, one hand on the hilt of his sword, the other held in midair as if he hoped to block the path. His expression was fierce and focused as his gaze locked onto Mios. He was sure he looked awesome, but in truth... He probably looked like an angry hungover swordsman who spent the night on a bed of twigs and leaves. His glasses were still quite a crooked mess on his face.

"Unhand the maiden, centaur!" He snapped out. "And return to your village! Otherwise I will have to fight you and neither of us want that!"

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 06-28-2014, 03:07 PM

The bi-colored eyed Valkyrie stood across from her sparring partner, both worked up a sweat. It really was hot in the armor Annamarie Night was in, so she unlatched every piece of her equipment. To reveal a skin tight leather body suit with a hood, though she wasn't wearing it. "Very...good.. young knight!" Annamarie said while panting. This young fellow was doing great during his sparring. "Again!" She yelled out across the courtyard as she sprinted towards the other knight. She took a spin and raised her blade. When the blades made contact, the clang of metal rung through out the entire courtyard. After he spin both her and the knight exchange blows and parry's. "You're getting better every day!" Annamarie praised.

Annamarie spun around the knight to get behind and did a upward slash which was barely blocked, then she unleashed a barrage of swings. Each one blocked or dodged. "You... have to... be prepared...for ... everything!" She said inbetween each strike. Once the sparring was over, Annamarie was practically drenched in sweat just like the other knight before her. "You did well, I'll see you tomorrow." She told the young knight before the walked their separate ways.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-01-2014, 02:21 AM

It was a relief when Eririn finally showed up to help him. Of all times for him to decide to go on a drinking binge he had to pick now. He sighed and looked at his mate. “No…clue. Remind drink next me time.” His words were just gibberish as he tried to tell her not the let him drink like that next time. Lonan gave up on trying to speak since he was clearly too impaired to do so properly. He just gave her a nod as she pointed to the man she found to help them.

Taking the woman’s hand he moved slowly to stand. His cheeks had grown rather red due to the alcohol and embarrassment. After he stood there a moment he was able to collect himself a bit. “Sorry, to bother…sir.” His words were slurred, but they at least made sense this time. The male attempted to brush himself off, but quickly lost his balance. To keep from falling he grabbed Eririn and weaved his way to the nearby support beam. He was really in no condition to be travelling, but they needed to get out of here.

Lonan slowly made his way, weaving and stumbling to his horse’s stall. The man knew that Eririn didn’t like horses so even in his condition he would have to get Aisland prepared for travel. Once he finally reached his stallion it seemed to take him hours to get the saddle and harness on him. At this point the man had a splitting headache and was at the point of barely being able to function properly. Eririn was going to scold him thoroughly this time once he was sober.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 AM

Mios slowed his pace at the wailing of the much smaller woman. It was when the tears started falling from her eyes that his grip loosened just enough for the woman to slip free and start running towards the village of his people. Taking after her, it only really took a few steps before the centaur had cut off her path. "Would Nia want this?" He asked, lowering himself closer to Rayne's level.

Having a feeling that the woman would not listen to reason, he gently grabbed her by both of her shoulders, bending his front legs so that he didn't quite tower over the woman. "L-Rin," he said softly, his green eyes locking on her blue ones, brows furrowing slightly. "Would Nia want us to go back and seek pity on her?" He asked, voice stern, eyes serious. They both knew that the male's sister would want to be apart of the hunt for her attacker. Nia was the type to act first, ask questions later so if someone went at her with a weapon, she would want to double, nay, triple the damage they had done.

Before Rayne had a chance to reply, it seemed that the two had a visitor. Mios stumbled backwards a bit, releasing the woman before even being instructed before slowly blinking at the disheveled male before him. A teasing gleam instantly entered the Centaur's eyes, but the second it was there it was gone. Slowly standing at his full height, Artemios looked down on the male. "She is as much of a centaur as I," he said, chest puffed as he crossed his arms over his chest plate. "It would be wise for you to rethink your plan of attack whilst appearing in such a state," he added, watching the man from down his nose. "You shall not fare well against a Centaur or even lesser beast in your condition."

Looking back towards Rayne, Mios then placed a hand behind her back before urging her back towards the direction he had been trying to lead her before. "Come, I fear that direction is no longer safe to venture," he said before glancing back at the male for a moment.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 PM

She rode the horses long and hard with no stopping. Though who needed to rest, she lashed out at and ushered them to return home. Helena was in no mood for weak men. These people were to be her knights! If she could hold her piss for 8-hours straight, then by god so could they! If they could not, then they were not for her. She needed capable, reliable men. Men like Lex, who seemed to be the only knight left to aid her for all had been sent back.

"I find it funny, that only you can match my desires. Why do I even need a posse of knights when only one can carry out commands to a tee?"

Her horse frothed at the mouth, typical after a long, hard right. It's veins were raised and its nostrils flared. The poor beast was exhausted and on the verge of collapse. Thankfully, Helena noted this and significantly slowed their pace. "Eight hours?" She was wagering the time it would take for them to arrive. It was really no easy task to get to this port of Rashmaal, especially the southern end of Yuua.

To get to Rashmaal, one had to travel through the great forests or through the Banished Lands. Now, being of royalty, the Banished Lands were out of question. And to take the mountains to the north? Ha! That was suicide. Dragons and rogues lived there, as did snow and sheer drops. The forest was the only way around. What sucked about it was that it wasn't a straight path. Often travelers had to weave around the long way, taking the southern loop below the Heart of the Forest. It was more or less sacred ground and the dividing line between Yuua forest and Rashmaal forest. Now on the Rashmaal side of things, they would have about a eight-hour ride ahead of them. Yuua seemed to have more forest, but it wasn't the case. Yuua's portion just dipped really far south, almost to Taq'Nol. It was a pain and it sucked how out of the way one had to travel, but it just had to be so.

Before they ventured into the Rashmaal territory, Helena found herself taking a quick 'pee break.' She assumed Lex would do the same for they wouldn't get to go again until later. Much later.

Back on her horse, she rode in silence. Her eyes focused on the road ahead and her ears alert for the sound of forest stalkers. Only twice did she raise her weapon, both times false alarms on innocent rabbits.

Finally, about 6-hours in, she spoke.

"Ugh, my ass hurts. When we get to Rashmaal, I want a butt massage." Looking over at Lex, she winked. It was a non-loving wink though, for she could and would never look at Lex with bedroom eyes. Oh god no. He knew far too much about her. Like that one time she got super ill and he had to tote her around the house and she threw up on him shortly after farting. Yes, she was quite certain not to love that man. He saw all her flaws, all of them! There was even this one time that he had to hold up her large dress so that she could pee. Usually her ladies in waiting would do that, but Helena had none. She hated women more than she hated men.

The rest of the ride consisted of her talking about food. "I wonder if they will have fried dough there. I would love some sugar to spice up my life. Ugh, and the idea of wine. Wine and grapes. Cheese. Fresh fish. Why, I could just sing about these delish dishes!"

She paused to think.

"Lex, do you wanna stuff your face? C'mon let's go get fat. I wanna see you gorge and horde. Grab all the plates and stuff awayyyy! We needa dine together and enjoy our time. I wish you would pour me wine! Do you wanna stuff your face? It doesn't have to be the desserts!"

Bursting into laughter, the woman let loose a wild snort before flailing backwards. Resting limply on her horse, she grinned giddily over at Lex.

"Do you wanna stuff your face? Or drink up all the city's wine? I think your company will just have to do. I've started talking to the flies on the wall! (How's it hanging, Stan!) It gets a little lonely, all these filled bowls just beginning to satifyyy."

--- Two Hours Later --

Finally, they were there. Finally, they were in Rashmaal and heading to the castle. On her feet, Helena held her butt to Lex's face. "I still want that butt-rub, bub." With a conceited snort, she turned his nose up but was quickly caught off guard by the sound of grieving and fear.

Brow quirking, a look of intense interest came onto her face. "Have these people finally come to realize that I am far more beautiful than their baby princess?" Helena's grin widened. "Clearly. Those poor saps."

Just as she was able to open her yap again, she heard someone burst into a hot mess of tears and snot. It was repulsive and Helena growled at the woman.

"What is your problem, Rashmaalian." She hissed and coiled back much like an angry cobra.

"Me lady of Yuua, our princess has left. We grieve for she is lost."

"Lost?" Her nose twisted and wrinkled. "Lost." Her head snapped to Lex. "Lost!" There was a bit of amusement to that last statement. "Whelp, I suppose I ought to find that dreadful, happy-go-lucky brother of mine. I just want to shove it in his face. His beloved is lost and he's without a bride."

Head up and chin parallel to the steps, she ascended to the castle gates. "Open up, peons." Her lack of hesitation and the strength of her bark startled the men on duty. "NOW!" she demanded.

Gates opening, she stepped in and tucked her hair back in line. "Rashmaalians are idiots. To think Aiden would want to marry one of this kingdom is beyond me. Daft and meek, so filthy!"

It was odd that no one escorted her. It was even more odd that Helena didn't waver or go about bringing on her own havoc and hell on these already broken people. Perhaps it was Lex? Definitely. He would certainly interfere if she tried to misbehave.

Stepping into the room where Aiden, his knight, and the royals of Rashmaal stood, Helena draped herself against a statue.

"So I heard you're a lousy future-husband." Her voice caused all to jump to attention. "No need to get your panties in a knot. It's just little Helena coming to see how her brother fairs. Though, with this news to my ears, I can only imagine your agony and pain. To lose someone so young and innocent to...." She trailed off. "How did you lose her?" Helena stared at Aiden. "Well?"

-- The Next Morning --

"LEX!" Helena stormed out of her room and toppled into her knight. "You know what you forgot to do last night?" Sneering, she whirled around and pointed at her butt. "Do you see this! DO YOU SEE IT!" Snorting, she whirled around and grabbed the man by his nose. "My ass has flattened! You need to shape it up and get it back into its rounded glory!"

She would bother with Aiden later. Maybe. Oh, nope. Now. He was standing in the hallway. Along with another guy. Oh, he was quite handsome. Pulling her rear from Lex's hands, Helena curtsied at the name man. Not the king who was behind Aiden, but the handsome beau. She was rather rude and she didn't care.

"Helena of Yuua." Her hand stretched out to receive a kiss. Once it was received, she pulled it back and put them on her hips. "So what are you folks all up to?"

Hannibal, quirking a brow at this odd yet beautiful woman, offered her the kiss she prompted. Now having his lips to himself, he cleared his throat to address the princess. "I have been hired by the King of Rashmaal to find your brother's child-br- the princess." He couched, as if to cover for his little slip-up. "They were going to go over her details again and then I was going to behind my hunt. Though," Hannibal's gaze shifted to Aiden, "Your brother believes me incompetent and will hunt for her on his own."

"Am I allowed to place a bet on the wi-" an elbow went into her ribs. Wincing, she turned up to see Lex standing beside her. Clearly watching her tongue, for she didn't have a kind word to say. "Well then I wish you both the best of luck. Maybe you both succeed in bringing her home." She grit her teeth as she lied.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Rayne knew that no one could really out run a centaur, so it was not a surprise when Mios had moved in front of her and blocked her path. She stopped in her tracks, fist clenched as she clenched her eyes closed tightly, her face turned towards the ground. She couldn't stop the tears as they streamed down her cheeks, she couldn't even help the feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. "But....Nia......." she said softly before she hugged herself.

She knew that the male was right, she looked up at him, taken by surprise by how close he was to her face, looking deep into his green eyes before quickly looking away from his gaze. After all she did not want him to see what so many others had seen with in her eyes, she didn't want to seek pity on Nia but merely to see for herself that she was fine. Though she knew he was right.

She was going to reply to her dear friend, though she still did not have a clue on what she was going to say to him, after all she still wanted to see the female centaur. She looked at what appeared to be another human, just a look of shock upon her face. After all here he appeared to be drunk and slept upon the floor of the forest but his assumption was just off the mark.

She could only stand there and stare with a slight dumbfounded look upon her soft and very feminine features. She watched as Artemois tried to intimidate the glasses wearing male. Her mind went back to their conversation to moments ago, her eyes widening a bit. Her blue eyes moving from side to side as if she were searching for something. That was when she felt her self being propelled back towards the direction that he was originally taking her too.

It didn't take long for something to click with in her mind, she had knew she recognized him before, that the feeling of familiarity was rarely wrong and she now knew why she felt that he was familiar. "Mios, please he means no harm and there is no way that he could have been the one to hurt Nia." she said to the blonde male as she moved out of his reach to stand between him and the dark haired male.

After all she did not know if he believed the disheveled male was the one that had hurt Nia and that was why he was trying to protect her from what she may or may not see. Though she could not let him harm one of her only friends outside the village, after all who else will come to her home to eat with her. "He is my friend....."

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 AM

Eririn's head moved from left to right, his reply going through one ear and out the other. Lonen would always be out and about drinking, there was nothing she could do about it even if she tied him to a chair. His puppy eyes could break down even the best of her walls. It wasn't as if her mate was speaking any understandable language however, so it didn't really matter if she understood what he had said or not. "Okay...." She replied quietly, her crimson eyes following the sluggish male.

As Lonen went to get up, she stood by him with her hands up and ready to support him. She was almost dragged to the ground in surprise as he suddenly grabbed her to keep his balance. Eririn merely followed the man like a puppy as Lonen slowly weaved his way to Aisland. She didn't have any grudge against his horse but she disliked all animals, big or small and was touched when her mate slowly got his horse ready without asking for a bit of help from her or the guide. So considerate without knowing.... She thought dreamily. Their guide seemed to have lost his patience, and proceeded to help Lonen with preparing the horse, though that only shortened the task by a few minutes.

"Lonen it's time to go!" Eririn said softly. Without asking, she gently lifted her mate up onto the horse, just enough so he could swing his other leg onto the other side. "Whup!- There you go honey!" she cooed. Taking the reins, she slowly tugged the horse along, "I'll get you outside dear, you think you can ride the horse outside by yourself?" The guide had went and opened the stable doors wider to let them through, and Eririn slowly but surely led Aisland outside into the very early morning air.

solidfalcon

Old 07-21-2014, 02:55 AM

Kirnathous heroic pose deflated slightly as he listened to Mios and even more-so as the centaur attempted to urge the woman away. Here he was, attempting to save this woman's life from the hands of a rogue centaur and she apparently didn't need any help from him at all. In fact she was supposedly a centaur as well. A... Weird... Not-horse centaur. Half centaur maybe? What did those even look like? Was she adopted, perhaps? Regardless, he felt rather stupid now. She was clearly not struggling from the horseman and he, himself, didn't appear at all rogue or crazy or rabid. They looked rather comfortable in each others presence, even. He readjusted the glasses on his face as he stared at the two across from him, his cheeks faint with embarrassed blush.

"Well then it appears I have made an error in judgment," He admitted with apology to Mios before clearing his throat as he attempted to rid himself of that embarrassing feeling that tingled in his stomach. A second screw up only hours after the first; what else could go wrong? He began patting his clothes down, dusting off the dirt and leaves. "I heard the sounds of an upset woman and assumed the worst. I had no idea you were actually her friend, good sir. My apologies."

He began plucking the leaves and twigs from his hair, wondering exactly how many branches and bushes he fell and ran through last night in vain attempts to find the missing princess. He was on the final leaf when he heard Rayne call him a friend and he froze, looking over toward the woman as he stared at her, appearing very confused.

The last time he checked, he had no friends. He was just some weirdo guy in blue who slept on a magical tree in the middle of the forest and occasionally did things for said tree. He never really took the time to make friends. Ever. And so this came as a surprise to him. And to his knowledge, he had no idea who this woman even was. Or at least... He didn't really recognize her. How could he? With all the memories he's stolen over the years it was impossible for him to know for certain who he actually knew. But she seemed to recognize this form of him, so their meeting must have been rather recent.

"Uh. Yes! I. Remember you!" He said as he quickly combed his fingers through his messy hair to flatten it out. "You're. That one! Woman! From that. One time, yes! Hello again, friend!" He had no idea what her name was. And with how his mind was a vortex of too many memories that were not his own, he couldn't immediately recall he had met the woman three times before this. But would he ever admit to not knowing her?... Nope. He was far too prideful, and embarrassed of his memory, for that.

Last edited by solidfalcon; 07-21-2014 at 02:58 AM..

Artifex
less than three

Old 07-24-2014, 12:41 PM

~I could cause a panic~ Hemset thought to himself, ~Cast illusion fire, pretend to steal something, get their attention away from her so I can pull her aside.~ Though as he watched the less he was inclined to think that anyone was holding her there against her will but that only seemed to puzzle him further.

With a sigh the little mage packed away his things in a small bag and then made his way towards the little girl-woman-whatever she was. "Excuse me" Hemset addressed her, and then he realized that he wasn't too sure just how to do that? He couldn't say princess, highness, or any of the proper things because that would give too much away and anyone could be listening, "miss" he added lamely, "Might I speak with you a moment?" he offered her his hand so that he could lead away from the crowd.

It was a little awkward, to think that a five year old child wasn't exactly shorter than him. Hemset was rather used to looking up to people but for some reason, with her, it irritated him greatly. ~It's just the magic~ he told himself, ~She isn't really this tall, and it's not like you can just be flat out rude to a princess. Hold that tongue Hemset, hooollld iiiiiitt~ "Now." his tone was suddenly less cheery polite and more forceful as though commanding an order. ~So much for staying polite~

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 07-29-2014, 01:38 AM

A hooded figure lingered as trouble sparked up around Lonan and Eririn. It was the chaos that drew him to the scene, and the interesting spark of violence that held his attention as things spiraled downhill. A drunk mercenary and ... what, his servant? Ara'mis tilted his head and listened as whispers began to spread. Ah. Two mercenaries, perhaps. They don't belong here any more than I do.

The male smiled a bit and leaned against the outside of the stables where Eririn was helping her mate onto his horse. As Aisland and Lonan came into view, Ara'mis' green eyes locked on the drunk man. So, so drunk. Lonan was drunk enough to share his drunkenness and still be wasted. Ara'mis couldn't help but chuckle as the male swayed in his seat. He was pretty poor off....

Ara'mis looked to Eririn, eying her pink hair and strange appearance. The male observed her for a while before smiling. An odd pair. Perhaps a pair that would continue to cause trouble throughout their travels. Trouble meant there would be people wanting favors. Ara'mis kept his hood up to hide his features as the two mercenaries passed the door of the barn, and then called out to them. Or, rather, he called out to Eririn, as she was most likely to respond.

Ara'mis didn't care if they were following a guide. The guide could wait.

"Does he usually cause so much trouble?" Ara'mis stayed where he leaned against the barn's door, curious as to whether Eririn would hear him or not. "It isn't healthy to run around and muck up one's reputation." The male stepped forward, lowering his hood as he approached Eririn and Lonan. Ara'mis' perceptive gaze flickered over them as he neared, pinpointing any potential sources of danger. He'd missed what caused so much commotion earlier, but there were remains of a fight. Perhaps the male had caused a drunken brawl? The female didn't appear to be much of a threat, though Ara'mis kept a closer eye on her - she had an odd look in her eyes. Something about her was off.

"I hear you're mercenaries. Is the rumor true?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM

"More out of fear for who I pegged you to be. It was brash of me to be so bold, especially after putting much space between me and the past I'm trying to escape." His eyes were still lost to the ground and jumped up only once to rest in the sky avoid. "My purpose in life has ended. I lived for one thing and I failed it. I'm nothing more than a mockery now and I've no purpose or goal to dive toward."

As she was now beside him, Akiyama landed his eyes on her form and found himself a bit taken aback by what he saw. He wasn't expecting something like this, like her. Without being rude, he merely jerked his eyes off her form and found himself staring at the grass again. Right now, it seemed to be his only friend. The only real constant in his life.

"I fear not what the forest holds, miss. I fear what the civilized world will do to me." He sighed again, only this time he readjusted himself so he could stare plainly at Fiara. "You see, what I did cannot be forgiven and I am now a man cast out of his home and land. I'm not allowed to return to neither Rashmaal nor Yuua. I'm left to merely wander and hope that, while aimlessly wandering, I find the body of the one who I betrayed." Grimace on his face, he sighed. "Had I not been so selfish, I might have been able to save her and stop this madness. Unfortunately, I was too wrapped up in myself that I didn't notice the harm that came to her." Akiyama's heart rest on his heart and his breathing rasped as he tried to fight off the tears.

"So young, so naive, and I let harm befall her. I cannot live with himself for I was her knight and I failed her."

A glint of hope sparked in his blue orbs. "Perhaps you would kill me, beautiful stranger, and put me out of my misery? I am not sure I can stomach the grief that could come should I find her lifeless body."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 PM

Aiden stood in the hall, taking a breath. So far, things were not going the way he would have liked it. A man had shown up, and now it was becoming a challenge of who would find the princess. He was not interested in a fight, the main thing was that she was brought home safe and sound in the end. Then she appeared, his sister. He frowned, finding her appearance less than plesant in reality. She seemed to have the worst timing, and wasted no time in going after the man that stood there with them. He glanced at her, she really did have little strength when it came to a handsome man.

He held his tongue for now, he was not looking for a fight. Then Hannibal was speaking, placing words in his mouth. "I do not find anyone incompetent, the more people looking, the better chance of finding her...unless you would prefer to waste even more time?" he said, not backing down himself. He had a feeling his words would earn him a glare or such from his sister, but his words did have logic and truth to them. They would have an easier time finding her if they worked together. He only cared for the princess to be safe and sound, all these accusations and jokes at his and the situation's expense were beginning to get on his nerves.

He should have been used to them at this point, people thinking he was no better than the rest of his family. He was disgusted with the thought, but words would do little more at this point than cause more trouble indeed. He kept calm, glancing at the king for a moment. "It is better if we quit wasting time bickering about who is doing what, and begin actually doing something to find your daughter safe" if they had quarrels about that, then they were honestly fools. They all wanted the same thing in the end, well in various forms.

Except for his sister perhaps, his eyes moved to her. Even now he was getting an ill feeling from her, it had gotten stronger lately. She was up to something, and it could never be anything good with her. Ever since they were little she had always had a way of twisting people, of manipulating and using them. He had little trust in her at the moment, and it saddened him. He wanted to believe in her, to trust her. She was his sister after all, but so far their relationship had been anything but fully plesant.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Eririn's head turned too quick, and her hair smacked her face at full force. With an angry grumble she moved the ponytail that had stuck itself onto her face and eyed the one who had spoken. A hooded figure--- probably male, had called out to them. She eyed him suspiciously, though even with her heightened senses her hawk vision couldn't see under the darkness of the man's hood. Their guide had gone on ahead, and she almost felt bad. I didn't even get any contact info from him, what a waste of a pretty face....

Eririn's eyes twinkled, almost as if she were trying to warn the man of her true nature. She decided to answer his question, "My dear is only like this for money, but that happens all the time." She rolled her eyes as Lonen swayed in his seat, and carefully balanced him, her eyes gentle for a split second, before hardening as she turned back to face the stranger.

Her arms folded across her chest and she scoffed at the next statement, "Oh my!~ Reputation? This drunk? He's only been out for the big gold, poor man spends it all in one go too. I'm the person who makes the actual money." Shaking her head, she continued, "His reputation isn't of a concern to him as you can see." Her hands patted down her dress, but she secretly snagged the shrunken knife from the inside of her dress. So we may be mercenaries, I shall entertain you with that, but who are you? If I may ask? Lips curling up into a devilish grin, her wrist flicked back, and the knife grew in size, looking as if it had appeared out of thin air. Eririn didn't doubt this man's eye, however. The aura the stranger gave off was the same as Lonen when he was on a serious job-- dark, calculating, and powerful. "Are you here as a friend or a foe good sir, as it would be a shame if you ended up the latter. I quite like your humor, and I have yet to see your eyes." The eyes on her hair bows seemed to blink, though that is left up to the imagination, "I'm sure it would be quite beautiful." Her voice seemed to twinkle like soft bells, alluring in a more sinister way.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 08-15-2014, 06:03 AM

Icy blue eyes took in the male’s features, the emotions that washed over him as he spoke. Keeping a respectful distance between them she continued to watch him, thoughtfully listening. Her sharp eyes did not miss the look within his eyes when he finally took a good look at her. The cloak she wore shrouded her face, but the black markings on her face were easily visible with their close proximity and so where her cat ears that poked up inside the hood. His reaction was much like most others, but that didn’t change the fact that it irked her. Even so she said nothing, keeping calm.

So far there wasn’t much Fiaria could relate to other than putting distance between one’s self and the past. She stared back at him, still listening. Finally he spoke of things she could somewhat relate to and understand easily. Akiyama’s words were pessimistic, his voice filled with sadness and regret. The woman’s expression softened. Tentatively she reached out her hand to brush away a tear the man wasn’t able to hold back. “All may not be lost. She may still be out there alive somewhere.”

Before she could say more to even attempt to cheer him up even if it was just a little he went on to say something foolish. A coward…why should I have hoped he would be something different. He’s no different than other humans. They are all coward in one way or another. The look within her icy blue eyes that once held a hint of compassion towards the man became cold. A low growl reverberated in her throat as she pulled her hand away from him.

“Coward,” she hissed at him. “You lost one person and you’re ready to give up everything. So ready you’re willing to take the coward’s way out. You are no knight, no warrior.” Fiaria’s features became more feral as she inched her way backwards, putting more space between them. “Doing such would truly be betraying that person further.”

Who was she scold the man for his actions when she had done far worse than him? Still the Katayan couldn’t control her anger over the fact he actually asked her to kill him. Years ago she would have done as he asked without a second thought, but things were different now. She only killed humans if it was the only option to protect herself or someone else.

“I doubt you know anything about the pain of lose or the grief that one feels when they find the lifeless body of someone they care for, that they love,” she scoffed. “Even if you did you clearly aren’t strong enough to deal with it. Or try to do something about it. I hate people who talk and think the way you are right now almost as much as I hate the humans whom attack and kill those who are different out of fear.” Sadness, pain and rage were the emotions that filled her voice which was barely less than a roar at this point.

Icy blue orbs glared at Akiyama. The woman knew her words were harsh, but what he asked pissed her off. She just sat there watching him, waiting to see his reaction. It would tell her what she really needed to know at this point. If he truly was a coward or if he was more than that, depending on which he was would determine whether or not she would leave this human to wander the forest alone.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 09-17-2014, 12:52 AM

Mios rolled his eyes at the male's reaction. "Perhaps it would be wise for you to properly assess the situation before jumping to conclusions," he said as he moved his arm from guiding the other woman. His eyes then fell to the smaller woman as he added, "And it would be best for you to speak up sooner in such occasions, ok?" He then sighed, crossing his arms tightly across his chest as he turned to look at the two as the held their odd human greetings and realization of familiarity.

He watched only for a few moments before he asked, "Male, what is your name?" He intended to get him to aid in their search as well, or at least as much as he would be able to. With Rayne being able to see the future and this mystery man too, well, it added more eyes to the search for the people that had attacked the twins earlier.

---------- Post added 09-16-2014 at 08:58 PM ----------

As the villagers began to settle, Kiyomi pat the horse on the nose before one of the stable boys approached and cautiously took the larger animal away. She kept her eyes on the creature though, wishing that it would return. It was while she was watching the horse walking away that a voice spoke up from behind her. When she turned around, she met the gaze of an older boy, well, older than her actual self, younger than how she was now. "Yes?" She asked sweetly, a smile on her face, her head tilted slightly to the side.

She looked at his hand for a moment and that moment seemed to not sit well with the boy. "Ok," she then said with a smile as she took his hand. As they walked away, her large eyes fell to the boy again. His sour attitude didn't really effect her in the least; with how young she was, she had yet to truly face the cruelties of the world. The only evil she knew was what Aki had slayed in his stories. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?" She then asked.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 09-25-2014, 02:55 PM

Hannibal's attention drifted to Aiden for a moment. The young prince had a point. It was high time they stop acting like children and begin their mission -- finding the princess.

"Valid point, Prince of Yuua. With that note, I shall take my leave and begin work immediately." Bowing out, he moved from the gathering and began his way down the stairs and back to his wondrous horse. He disliked the idea of not sleeping, but there was no point in wasting time. If she were out there and alive, she would be facing the night with far less gear and protection than he. And Hannibal? Well, he just wouldn't be able to sleep if he knew how she fared (namely against the odds).

Mounting his horse, he brushed the creature toward the exit. It was time to take to the woods and seek out the lost woman. He wouldn't stay close to the castle for he assumed men already searched the forest, nay that they still searched the forest. Hannibal would open his range, push further and harder. He knew the forests well, knowing all the monsters that lived deep within. Perhaps he would seek out a witch and see if she could shed some light on the situation. Witches loved gossip and nothing screamed gossip more than a little, lost princess.

The darkness of the night blanketed him and kept his eyes strained with each passing glare. No matter how hard he looked, Hannibal was having one hell of a time seeing more than two feet in front of him. With a grimace on his face, he did all he could do -- haul up in a tree and wait until the morning's light to begin the search for her.

Morning came quickly, probably too quickly for Hannibal only took about four-hours of sleep to him. Four was better than nothing though, so it would have to do. With a snort, he moved from his tree and placed a ginger hand on the warm horse that slept beside him.

"Well, my friend, let us search the mountains for her. Tiny feet can carry you so far. Why if she is anything like I was, she might be halfway to Yuua by now. Running on fear and confusion? Heh, I envision she's long outside the sweep of kingdom's forests."

I don't know who's bored/not interacting/free, but someone is welcome to run into Hannibal as he's searching.

---------- Post added 09-25-2014 at 11:14 AM ----------

"Not just one person," Akiyama's voice found its spark to accost the woman back. "I had one duty in life, one simple role. To protect her. To be there for her. To keep her safe and to watch her grow old as she looked over her kingdom. Instead," his blue orbs moved off the anthro-creature. "I let my own desires cloud my work. What knight puts his needs before that of the princess? She should have been my only love and I left her to her lonesome bed to wander the night."

As those last few words came from his mouth, his eyes widened. Life rushed back to him and a new expression, one of annoyance came on his face.

"Don't assume you know me just because you found me in a weakened state. I know full-well what it's like to carry the burden of death on my shoulders. I might kill because my kingdom demands it, but I would never kill without justification or reason. Only the darkest of men fight blindly and without empathy for life."

Now standing tall, Akiyama shifted so that he could rather his things. He needed to get the hell out of here before this woman talked his ear off. Or worse, he talked her ear off.

"Thank you for not fulfilling my pathetic request," he brushed the nature off his clothing. "But I'm afraid I can't just chat idly while my princess trembles in the woods."

Eyes now on the sky, the birds, and the trees, he breathed in deep. "I once had a connection with Her, Mother Nature. I pray that despite my choice in life, she still finds me worthy of her guidance."

He stepped forward, testing the weight of his body against the mossy ground. All seemed well. He hadn't hurt himself, or he had lost his strength. He was weakened due to the lack of food, but he would push forward without a meal to look for her.

Kiyomi was last seen at the seaport castle. Her little legs would carry her far, far and fast. If she left when he slipped out that night, that would have given her ample time to cover a wide range of ground. Should he double back?

No, that was foolish. The kingdom was out for blood, his blood. He needed to think smart, think hard. Where would she go?

Then it hit him. All his stories. All his epic tails. What were the odds that she sought down her favorite of stories. Her favorite location. Her dream-like, magical image of what it must have looked like.

"I pray you're not at the Maw of Mithdore." It was a far-off place that Akiyama liked to talk about. Kiyomi always loved hearing the stories about Akiyama's heroic fighting. She especially loved how he slew a dragon to save the wild horses of the Southern Tribe. She loved her horses above all else. Would she push her luck and run to the farthest land south before the ocean?

Artifex
less than three

Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Hemset lead the girl away from prying eyes, his own blue orbs scanning the area carefully before turning to face her again, "What are you doing here?" he demanded, not realizing until too late just how sharp his words were. He tried to soften them a little, "I know exactly who you are and... and you shouldn't be here... majesty" he added lamely. By the goddess he was bad at this, when had he ever had the chance to address royalty? He was certain that there was a proper way to speak and act but he did not know it, at least not well. Was he supposed to bow? Well, too late for that now.

Hemset glanced around again, this whole thing was making him anxious. Why would she come here of all places? To this town, his quiet little world and make this his problem. He couldn't very well ignore her now that she was here after all. "Okay, look-listen, please. It isn't safe for you here, We should... go...." where could they go though? The only really safe place would be... back up the mountain. But that meant letting her into the monastery and the very thought of letting someone-anyone in there, twisted his stomach to knots. All the same, there would be hell to pay if anything happened to her-especially if it was in his little corner of the world.

"I do not know why you are here princess, but we have to get you home. Maybe I can find a solution to your... situation here. My home is on top of the mountain, it will be safe there. Please come with me," and he managed to say it in a relatively kind voice, how exhausting.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 PM

The dirty blonde haired female bowed her head, flinching slightly at the centaur's words. She knew that he was right in her speaking up sooner, but it was hard to do so when thoughts and images swirled in her mind. She was never able to focus on one thing, or on anything for to long, her mind always focusing on the time line of the world.

Rayne took a slow deep breathe, putting a hand over her eyes as she tried to find clarity, and just maybe not appear to be as wise as they knew her to be. A few moments passed by before she opened her eyes looking far older then what she appeared. "He is actually my...." there was a pause in her sentence as she tried to find the word on what to call Mios, soon she settled on one. brother. she finally said to the blue clad male as she gave him a kind, warm smile, going back over to Mios as she leaned up and kissed his cheek after she hugged him. It was to reassure him as much as her self that all was well.

She could not help but to let out a laugh that came as a bit harsh as if she was forcing it. "You have forgotten me so soon. I would not think that the eyes of the Goddess was forgotten so easily." she said to him, laughter and amusement on her face as she clasped her hands behind her back. She rocked on her heels slightly before turning away from the men, a jingling sound can be heard as she moved, something on her person clinked together.

"Well my dears if we are to get any where then we should chat and walk. Correct?" she said to them as she turned on her heels, almost skiping slightly as she headed in the direction that Mios had been leading her in. She did not bother to look back at them to see if they were following as it was clearly that she either expected them to do so or she did not care if they stayed where they were.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 11-10-2014, 04:30 AM

Icy blue eyes never left the man as he talked back to her. It was clear that her words had stirred something within him. There was the hint of a grin playing on the woman’s lips. His reaction had been a good one. For a brief moment the man reminded her of Alemi, someone who had been dear to her in the past.

“I assume nothing. I just needed to know more about your true nature.” Fiaria stood as well. She knew exactly how dark humans could be, but this one, he held hope.

“You are welcome stranger. And that you mustn’t.” Her eyes left him, glancing about the nearby forest. This chance encounter had made her forget that she too had been running away from something. Something she would possibly have to one day face and like him she would be alone when that time came.

After a few moments her gaze returned to Akiyama. “I believe that she just might.” Fiaria gave him a gentle smile. Her expression had softened from what it had been moments ago. Taking a step towards him she removed her hood so he could get a better look at her. The cat ears atop her head twitched lightly. “I apologize for my harsh words and I will make no excuse for them. I only spoke what I felt towards your foolish request of me.”

Taking a breath she looked him in the eyes. “Human, I will make you an offer if you truly wish to find your princess. I know this forest as it is my home. I will help you search for her until you find her. If needed I will fight beside you or keep those pursuing you off your trail. Of course I will expect some kind of payment in return which can be discussed once she is found. The choice is yours. You can either accept my help or you can continue to wander this forest alone in search of your princess. Just remember if you chose to not accept my offer it doesn’t mean I won’t accept an offer to hunt for you later.”

The woman was serious, she meant every word. It was now up to Akiyama if he would accept her help. If he didn’t then that was his lose. Letting him think she stayed silent. At his mentioning of a far off place in the southern lands a spark of hatred or possibly fear flashed briefly in her eyes. She also hoped the girl wasn’t in such a place. The southern lands were a place she didn’t wish to travel if at all possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He swayed in his seat and Eririn was kind enough to help him regain balance. Even with how drunk he was his gaze darkened at the stranger who approached them. Of course due to his current state Lonan’s partner answered the man’s questions, even if he didn’t like the answers she gave him. He wasn’t always a drunk. He only got drunk when he was bored or they needed some quick extra gold. Unfortunately for him he was in no state to argue with her.

As his partner continued to talk with the stranger he pulled over his satchel, digging around inside it for something. It would have helped if it wasn’t quite so dark and he could see straighter. Damn he really needed to stop taking drinking bets.

He was probably rummaging around in the satchel for a good five to ten minutes before he found what he was looking for. It was a small silver flask. One would guess that there was probably more booze in it, but that wasn’t the case. Inside was actually a special mixture that he learned from Dimitri to treat hangovers and drunkenness. The man fumbled with flask as he attempted to open it. Finally he got the blasted thing open then took a large swig of it. The stuff tasted nasty, similar to what one would imagine the taste of charred wood would be. He grimanced and quickly closed the container.

Placing the flask back into the satchel. As the concoction started to work its magic is sat there listening to the others. For now he would continue to play his part as the drunkard mercenary. Not that he had much choice. The liquid he drank would take at least thirty minutes or so to work.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 11-10-2014 at 05:54 AM..