SanguineAllure

Old 06-09-2015, 05:38 PM

The day, as everyday, started bright an early for Darque. The sun was still a few hours away as she was elbow deep in manure and dirt as she struggled to get her tomato plants to continue growing up the wire cage and not droop onto the ground. The tomatoes were a light green color, some spots slowly turning red. It was only a couple of more days until they were ready to harvest. Once the final plant was readjusted to follow the wire cage and none of the plants were drooping, Darque stood up and dusted her hands off before grabbing her rust old watering can. The watering hole wasn't too far away from the crops, thankfully.

The cool water ran over her hands and arms, cleansing the dirt and manure away without a trace. She picked up the watering can and filled it, carefully lifting it as she stood as to not spill a single drop. It was a small, rusty watering can but it was reliable and her most prized possession. It was because of this unassuming watering can that she was able to bring life to her farm land. It was bustling with crops and trees bearing nearly every kind of fruit and vegetable she could plant during the summer.

Darque carefully and lovingly watered each and every plant on her farm, which took quite a long time and several trips to the watering hole before she was able to stand up, stretch and look around at her handy work. Most of the plants were tomatoes and corn since she favored crops that gave her multiple bundles of produce rather than just being able to harvest them once and be done with it. Not only did she get more money from them, but it felt more satisfying to be able to harvest the crops repeatedly.

Now that the smaller crops were taken care of, it was time to go see how her trees were doing. If she was correct, then her apples and peaches should be ready to harvest today. She grabbed her watering can and another bag of manure and began heading over to the tree patch on the corner of her farm that rested near the animal farm. It was one of her most favorite spots on the farm because as she worked she was able to see the animals. She loved watching her neighbors take care of their precious animals, especially the chickens. She had always wanted to work with animals, but would never give up on her crop farm to do so. Plus, even though she loved animals, working with crops was her passion. Darque stood up on her tippie toes as she inspected the first out of many apple trees.

Euphonium Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-10-2015, 02:50 AM

Emily ran through the farm, searching for the owner. She was desperate ever since her last farmer had left his farm to live in the city, and didn't know where else to go. She had heard of this farm, and how it was a newer plant farm, which spoke perfectly to her. She had heard that the own Darque owned a barn without many animals, and Emily's specialty was just that. "Darque! Darque! Are you on your farm, I was hoping to help you with your farm!" She called out, searching for the woman she so desperately seeked out. She had been trained by the harvest goddess herself, and was one family away from being a harvest sprite. She only went to those who cared about their farms, and were smiled upon by the goddess. "Darque! If you are here please let me know if I can't find you!" She called again, looking along the far end of the farm. "I'm here to help if you will-" She stopped yelling when she saw the owner of the farm inspecting her apple trees.

"Oh yay! I found you!" She exclaimed, running to the woman she had been searching the morning for. "I heard that you had a small barn, and no animals to fill it. I came to offer my help in taking care of them, I'll pet them, feed them, milk the cows, and sheer the sheep." She said, her smile moving to her eyes. "The last farmer I helped left his farm to work in the city, and I don't know if I can take care of it by myself. I was only really trained to help others, not to make my own living." She explained, making sure not to scare off the farmer. "If you would have me, I'd be more than happy to help whenever you would need me to."

SanguineAllure

Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 AM

The ginger haired woman looked up from her inspetion of the apple trees as she heard her name being called repeatedly by a female. Before Darque could respond, the girl had stumbled upon her. "Hello" She said with a smile as she hopped down from her ladder to greet the woman. She listened to the woman offer her help and thought it over for a few moments. "Well.. As you already said, there's no animals in there just yet. Do you know where I can get a couple of cows? If so, I would love the help!" She said excitedly. Having help on the farm would be great! Not only did she run the enitre crop farm by herself, but if she loaded up the barn with animals shed have to do all of that work as well. But now with this woman offering her help, Darque could finally invest in some farm animals tht she'd been putting off for quite some time. "It would be so nice to have some cows, chicken, maybe even some sheep running around here.'' She said, looking around the farm as she spoke. "I could even plant some grass over there in the corner for fodder."