star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 AM

"I like wandering far more then sticking with the clan. I only stayed because at the time a few..err..years?" he frowned thinking chewing a piece of meat as he thought.. "Maybe more they needed the help. I'm a semi good healer, mostly by instinct, I was only learning the trade so that I had a better grip on that side of my magic.." people had kept saying it was dangerous not to train his magic up. he supposed they where right.. but it hadn't made him happy. "Mostly i prefer wandering.. even in the winter weather." He took a sip of some of the cooled down boiled water from the cup he'd pulled from his bag, having handed the other the second one. "We could always travel past the mountain top..though we'll have to swing by a out post or something and trade for some rope so we can tie off with each other in case one of us fall off the ledge or something climbing." he felt more..relaxed at the prospect of just.. traveling. and the other, while grumpy, wasn't a bad companion.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Cain shook his head, still baffled with the other man. All this talk of magic and inhumanity bothered him, but he did his best not to show it on his face. He didn't want to be bothered by it. Open mind? It was a thing he liked to think fondly of, but often struggled with in the long run. He always ended up playing the part of the skeptic until he couldn't anymore...like now. "Well isn't that dandy," he sighed with another shake of his head before glaring sharply at Nick. "I have plenty of rope enough for two people, you know. Just how unprepared do you think I am? Anyway, I'm only traveling with you as far as the mountain because you keep following me. Even if we seem to feel familiar from time to time, it's moot anyway." He bit on his tongue, realizing what he just said and ducked his head to focus on the cup Nick handed him. Familiar? Now why would he go and say that?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Nick stilled, a stillness so complete if one didn't see his chest move with his breathing, they would believe he'd become a statue. "There are other things to trade for at an outpost then just rope.." he said quietly in a soft and suddenly emotionless voice. Distancing himself emotionally from the other. "I did not mean to imply you would not be prepared, if i offended you I apologize." then he went silent, finished his meal, and grabbing a pouch from his bag moved tot he stream to clean the wooden platter he'd used as a plate. the small pouch had a sandy like soap that would clean the plate, once done he dried it with a ragged piece of cloth, that he then laid on a smalls tone near the fire to dry but not close. repacked the items he'd used leaving the other the cup he'd handed him as well as the wooden platter and headed outside to settle against a tree and keep watch for the night. just in case. maybe he had been wrong fallowing that..URGE that said not to leave the other's side. perhaps when they reached the top of the mountain he should go his own way?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 12:41 AM

For a couple seconds, Cain just eyed Nick. They'd been arguing like this ever since they met, but only now did it feel as if he stepped on toes. Nick also displayed the same stubbornness as he did so it felt strange to get treated with so much silence. Sighing, he muttered a single-word response. "...Sorry." He didn't offer an explanation for it and it didn't look like Nick wanted one. He just cleaned up after his meal and Cain watched it with passive interest, his back leaned against the cave wall. His own meal supplies quickly put away, since he preferred to use the least amount of material as possible, he too settled down for sleep. The sun long since dipped below the horizon of trees and only a faint light glowed near the ground, lost beneath the dense foliage. As he closed his eyes, he found himself wondering if he spoke to hastily. Nick got on his nerves just assuming they would stay together, but until they reached that mountain's summit, he couldn't say for certain just how the journey might end. Together or not, he wouldn't know until they got there.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Nick stayed up all evening and kept watch. giving the other a chance to sleep as he was used to pushing himself for days. though he'd probably rest the next night. come the day he woke the other, or well the food he cooked for their breakfast, a sort of oatmeal with some of the dried fruit he'd had in his pack, cooked in a small metal bowel near the stove would be scenting the air. there where two bowels near the fire. one for him one for the other. "I made breakfast." he murmured softly. and then lapsed back into silence again. considering what they could or could not, heck, should not do once they reached the top of the mountain. he wasn't sure.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 09:26 PM

Cain stayed leaning against the wall long into the night, his eyes closed as he thought about the day. He half expected Nick to return to the cavern and start a conversation after his own apology, but the man never did. So there Cain stayed, not willing to go out and talk further. It was night and they needed to travel even harder uphill tomorrow. Finally, he slid to the floor and slept. The morning found him curled against the wall, a woven wool blanket over his feet and his pack used as a pillow. "Smells like food...." he mumbled into the thick fabric, waking in parts to the activity of the cave. Early morning light created patches on the ground and he blinked, only becoming aware of Nick and his words after a minute. "What did you make?" Cain huffed, turning slightly so he could see, but still not getting up.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-16-2017, 01:21 AM

"Oatmeal with some dried fruit from the travel rations." Nick said calmly as he dished out two bowels from the pot, and moved to hand the toher one of them then retreated to thetoher side of the small fire to eat his own. if you added just the right amount of water you didn't even need milk to make it palatable. so it was pretty good. he'd also redressed in lighter clothes though he had leg bracers for climbing on his legs. they'd keep sharp rocks from biting into his lower legs. he also had them on his lower arms as well. a small precaution.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-20-2017, 02:31 AM

Cain raised an eyebrow, as always never ceasing to wonder at Nick's overprepared-ness that bordered on insanity or premonition. Or both, he considered. After a second, he rolled into a sitting position, using his fur blanket as a lap cover. "Sounds good, I suppose." Taking the bowl and eating in silence, he regarded Nick. He looked ready for the day waiting for them and just as determined about it as before. However, he sat on the other side of the fire without pestering Cain. As much as that pleased him, it also made the younger man worry. Did some tension still linger from last night. Sighing, Cain set his bowl aside after only eating half of it. "Are you going to be quiet all morning until I appease you with some kind of friendliness? Is that what you want from me?"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-20-2017, 10:03 PM

Nick lifted his head and blinked at the other for a minute. "What?" he asked uncertiantly before he shook his head. "I'm fine. I was jsut trying to decide how best to attack the mountian." he'd had to go up and over it to reach this area after all but goign up the way he had wouldn't work with the other, well unless he wasn't really human. he took another bite of his oatmeal.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Cain eyed Nick for seconds, trying to ascertain the truth of his words. Did he just brush Cain off, or did feel the same tension between them that Cain did. If he alone felt uncomfortable after last night, then Cain didn't understand just what that might mean. Nick wasn't even his friend. He shouldn't care if he hurt the man's feelings, and yet, he probably did. After another second, Cain sighed. "The mountain is one thing. This is another. We'll climb that when we reach it, so just tell me honestly. Are we okay?" Biting back his own honest feelings, he tried to tell himself that it was only because traveling and climbing worked easier without unspoken words between them. Even if they parted ways later, they needed to be solid now.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 06:06 PM

Nick blinked as he studied the other. "I didn't think it'd matter if we were okay or not. we barely know each other." and he still wasn't to sure why he felt the need to fallow the other. "but yes, we're okay, i know your probably just not used to someone traveling with you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2017, 02:18 AM

Pursing his lips, Cain sighed after a second. "Fine. I'll say we're okay since you do. I just don't find climbing mountains with unspoken words between partners to work very well," he hummed without placing any real significance on the word 'partners.' They weren't anything special, but they traveled together so that did make them something. Setting side everything from breakfast, he focused on folding up his blanket and arranging his pack for travel. "We should start moving soon though, so pack the rest of your things. I'll be waiting outside by the tree line." With that, he hefted his pack onto one shoulder and slipped away, not sure what else to say to Nick right now.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM

Nick nibbled his bottom lip then shook his head as he quickly packed everything up, and washed the bowels in the stream before packing them away with a cloth between them to keep them from damaging each other. once his own pack was finished on being packed he shrugged it onto his back and reached back to shift the bed roll, which was on the bottom of the pack and tied into place with some twin so that it rested more comfortably on his back. 'oh this should be fun.' when he reached the other he shot him a confused look. "What do you mean unspoken. we spoke quite a lot last night." and the other kept making it clear he didn't wish for Nick to be at his side. he was just tolerating him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-10-2017, 01:49 PM

"If you don't get it, then it's pointless at this point," Cain snapped. He watched Nick gather his things with an impatient eye. Living off the land as much as he did, Cain carried less in his bag, only seeing the need for the most necessary items and what could be gathered, made, and left within each night. It was a far cry from the homey, but still simple life he used to live. "Anyway, we have a long way to walk so let's start." Humming slightly under his breath, he waited for Nick to join him before starting to walk. Going even higher uphill, he could see the mountain seemingly not far in the distance like it stood right over them. He knew it would talk far more than a little walk to reach the point they needed to climb, but it still felt so close that he could taste the mountain pine in his mouth. It set a small smile on his face and more energy in his step.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Nick flicked his eyes at the other then kept pace with him. he carried the things he did because sometimes there wasn't time TO make and or gather items. that and everything in his bag he could use as a weapon. not that he'd tell the other that. didn't' need him becoming paranoid. as they traveled further and closer to the mountain he shifted his bag so it settled more evenly upon his back. barely noticing it beyond the fact it was bulky and made movement's having to be thought about.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 02:37 AM

The silence continued, not broken by Cain or by Nick. They seemed comfortable like this and even Cain's worry about their unease with each other seemed to vanish as they walked. Looking up at the sun, he smiled, feeling more at peace with himself than he had in a long time. "Do you know why I travel all the time?" he asked after some time. Eyes still on the sky, he wasn't sure he really asked Nick or if he just spoke the words to speak them. It wasn't really Nick he wanted to tell, but the entire world. Even if he almost never brought up this topic himself. Today...today just felt strange as they walked.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 09:49 AM

Nick considered the question. "Because your searching for something?" he inquired calmly. well for a guess it tended to be a good one. here was hoping it was a good one again. if not well, it never hurt to guess.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Cain shook his head, repressing the need to sigh. Of course Nick would answer with such an obvious and simple statement. As if Cain did things for normal reasons. Letting out a breath, he watched the treeline, unable to meet the other man's eyes, or at least not ready to yet. "No. I was never the sort to quest for things. I was born on a remote island. We saw only a little trade from the neighboring lands, but mostly lived in our own little haven, never venturing far. It was...is," he corrected himself. "My mother's dream to see the world. She wanted to adventure when she was young, but then she married and had me..." He shook his head, still not sure why he felt he need to share details like this. Maybe he just needed to fill the empty air between them. "After she became ill, such a dream became impossible. So in her place, I've lived her dream."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM

nick considered that then nodded. "That is a worthy thing to do." he said. Voice laced with respect. because who wouldn't respect a son doing somethign for his mother that she was unable to do? "I don't remember my parents. and what I do remember is best forgotten."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-05-2017, 09:07 PM

Cain frowned slightly, considering if he should ask about Nick's parents. It might be overstepping the line, especially since they weren't friends, but a part of him just couldn't help but want to know. "I'm sorry about that. What sort of people were they? Your parents, that is," he asked after a second of hesitation. It made him feel guilty to share such a nice relationship with him mother, although even for him, his family wasn't perfect. "I don't know my dad at all, but I know that's why I care so deeply for my mother. I can't imagine any family existing in a different way...."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-06-2017, 01:10 AM

Nick's face clouded for a moment then he shook his head a bit as if shaking off water. "Not nice people. or at least my..father wasn't. my mother had died in child birth.. the memories are foggy but I do remember that." there was also thigns he wasn't saying that he knew he'd never say. not to a stranger anyways. "But that was a long time ago. a very long time ago. and I'm stronger now then I was then." not that he looked it with the slim build he had and delicate features. he kind of looked breakable.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 06:45 PM

Cain sighed, continuing to watch Nick for half a minute. He heard the words that Nick said and yet he doubted them in some way. Maybe because no one was that tough, not when you really get down to it. "You know, being strong and being okay aren't the same thing," he finally said, sighing again. Turning, he continuing to watch the path they walked even if their conversation didn't feel done. He could tell Nick didn't want to talk about it even though Cain shared his own story. "But it seems that father's are just those kinds of people. They aren't worth much in the end."