zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 06:32 PM

I know right? Crazy to think about how long Mene has been around! I think I joined back in 2009? It's literally been over 10 years for me!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-16-2022, 07:28 PM

Oh I totally missed the link you posted

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 07:36 PM

Ahh, sorry about that! Glad you caught it though.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
Kent: YESSS! I'd like to host a sort of like maybe a christmas/winter holiday scavenger hunt game with IRL stuff. I don't have the full details down yet in my mind, but i'm tossing around the idea of giving clues to what i'm looking for, or just making a list (which is a less time consuming option, but a little less fun lol). And of course, username would need to be included in the picture. I'm thinking of like a list of like... 15-20 things, and the answers would need to be posted as links to like imgur or something so it would be easy enough to keep track of things.

The_Crow: I'm not the best artist, but i could probably whip something up for you that's both a stocking for Yumeh and Afro Donkey. Maybe even Yanyan. or one for all 3? IDK we can brainstorm more if you want, but I'm up for drawing you something for the event. Christmas stockings should be easy enough to draw, anyways.
Yess. I love seeing scavenger hunts!! I love the idea of using vague clues like "a gift for Santa" or "holiday décor" or "something that is hung over a fireplace" or something. XD But it would probably be easier for people if you list out items too. Maybe you could make the vague clues extra points? Idk. XD

I could also maybe draw a stocking if you end up not having time for it!

That almost makes me want to make a stocking art contest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Oh wow I missed a lot today lol this is exciting!!

bloodstainedwings: would you be upset if I also ran a special version of my avi contest? We could do different themes and such <3 then we could also enter the other contest :3

I’m still planning on my scratch cards too for anyone reading this lol the prizes will probably be gold or commons tho but still fun yeah?
I like your scratch card/pick a number idea!

Btw, The_Crow: bloodstainedwings: Alorrena: if you want to remove your signature for your event threads, edit your posts, go advanced, and then uncheck the box that says "show your signature" in Additional Options.

I'm hoping to make a game thread where participants will quote a snowfall/snowflake gif I randomly post in the thread and roll a die to see if they've won art, an item, gold, or nothing.

*Tests dice code...*
The 6-sided dice lands on 6

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-18-2022, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I know right? Crazy to think about how long Mene has been around! I think I joined back in 2009? It's literally been over 10 years for me!
Pretty sure that's the year I joined as well. o_o

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-18-2022, 03:39 AM

Kent: Vague hints were definitely something i was thinking about! And of course, i think exact answers would be important too. I love scavenger hunt games. They're so much fun. Also, thanks for the tip about the signatures! I knew how to do it, i just haven't done it yet since i'm still in the setting up stages.

R u b y

Old 12-18-2022, 09:54 PM

Kent: thanks! ItÂ’ll be nice to use them again~

Would it be okay if I make 2 separate threads for my contest and my game or should I combine them into one?

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-18-2022 at 11:15 PM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-18-2022, 10:30 PM

I think that’s okay. X3

R u b y

Old 12-18-2022, 10:31 PM

Awesome :3 It'd be easier to find that way I think depending one which activity people want to do~

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-19-2022, 04:45 AM

Man what a work week for me. I'm super regretting signing up for extra hours tomorrow. That said, i'm super excited for the event to start.

R u b y

Old 12-19-2022, 05:04 AM

Oof best of luck Rena! holiday hours are stressful

---------- Post added 12-19-2022 at 01:59 AM ----------

How long will our event last?

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-19-2022, 04:58 PM

R u b y: it's aimed to end jan 2nd. so roughly two weeks once it starts on the 23rd. Also thanks, fortunately my job isn't super stressful, unless you ask my voice.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-19-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

if you want to remove your signature for your event threads, edit your posts, go advanced, and then uncheck the box that says "show your signature" in Additional Options.

thank you! i will go do that now.

R u b y

Old 12-19-2022, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
R u b y: it's aimed to end jan 2nd. so roughly two weeks once it starts on the 23rd. Also thanks, fortunately my job isn't super stressful, unless you ask my voice.
Awesome thanks! I was trying to figure out how many scratch cards I needed lol I have 7, maybe I'll just post a new one every other day (since I don't have much to give in the way of prizes other than gold anyway)

What's your job? if you don't mind me asking of course. I forgot if you said before

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-20-2022, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Awesome thanks! I was trying to figure out how many scratch cards I needed lol I have 7, maybe I'll just post a new one every other day (since I don't have much to give in the way of prizes other than gold anyway)

What's your job? if you don't mind me asking of course. I forgot if you said before
I work for Schwan's home delivery customer service through a third party call center company. It's easy enough and usually pretty low stress unless someone decides to not let me do my job. happened once and i fixated on it for a few weeks. now I'm over it since i know i am good at my job and he was just a jerk. i'm so glad to be off the next two days, then work only 2 days before i'm off for 5 days. Schwan's is closed for xmas eve and day so we're off, but only get paid for xmas day, which is partly why i decided to volunteer for extra hours on a super busy day. Wish i knew why we were so busy friday though.... Today there's a sort of sale going on that's advertised in emails text and on the website and app. so there's at least a logical reason for the business.

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 01:36 AM

Oh nice :D my grandma uses that service~
Yeah there are definitely some nasty people out there, not your fault at all

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-20-2022, 01:48 AM

Yeah, it's not a bad service, but it can definitely get pricey. like... really fast. I've ordered a couple things, and generally it's pretty good, but i had the prime rib shepherd's pie and i hated it. And i'm not a picky person when it comes to food. i'll eat most things.

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 01:52 AM

Yeah it's a really nice option. She doesn't leave her apartment and doesn't cook anymore so it's nice to be able to have food delivered. And she doesn't eat much so she doesn't need to order a ton of food. My mom also goes over there and will cook in bulk/freeze the rest so she has other stuff too.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-20-2022, 02:23 AM

That's good. I know a lot of older people and disabled people really take advantage of the service. The food is generally really good too, which is nice.

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 02:26 AM

yeah that helps for sure :3 It's nice to have options like that.
Do you have any Christmas plans?

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-20-2022, 03:21 AM

Not really. We usually go to my husband's grandparent's for christmas day. I was hoping to visit my family this year, but because i don't have a working laptop to use for work when i travel, we're not going this year. I want to go for my birthday though. I need to make a couple ornaments for an ornament exchange we're going to do, but other than that, i don't really have plans. I just need to figure out how to make said ornaments lol All i have is fabric and it's not all super cute patterns. We will see what i come up with though.

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:45 AM

Aww I'm sorry you won't be able to see your family yet ;3; How far away if your birthday?

Ooh ornaments are fun! Are you making fabric shapes? I love making stuff like that xD

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 03:47 AM

Alright I have my rudimentary threads posted, I'll make them much prettier in a bit xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-20-2022, 07:47 AM

I'd love to do a little art & avi prompt game, similar to Inktober, but with both art and avis! How many days long is the event going to be?

R u b y

Old 12-20-2022, 07:59 AM

That would be cute! I think 2 weeks? the 23rd to the 2nd