ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-02-2023, 08:16 PM

yesss mushrooms. a good pairing, mushi and mushies. i just got a field guide of mushrooms of the northeast, so i'm definitely going to get oddly specific about how Suru uses the mushrooms for their healing stuff and work with the Mushi. there are a lot of mushi that act like fungi too, so it could be another thing where Suru had a hard time distinguishing between what's a mushi and what's just normal Japanese flora or fauna when he first started studying, and now they just incorporate both into their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Chickens work for me! I could see a scene where Gisela talks to the chickens every morning because well they're not like the master talking in riddles or Suru being all stoic or whatever, lol.
aw i love that! chicken buddies

Quote:
Hm, I don't have a strong preference on the waterfall. It might be fun to go there often but I could go either way on that one.
ok! let's go halfway then, where the waterfall is very difficult to get to the first time you go with lots of dangerous Mushi and plants, but once you've been once, the Mushi previously blocking the way aid you in your way across and make it really easy and quick to get there, does that sound ok?

Quote:
This sounds perfect! Would you like me to scribble something up to show it or would you like to do the honors?
you know i've never been great with the spatial reasoning for maps, so i'd love to see what you can come up with!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-03-2023, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
yesss mushrooms. a good pairing, mushi and mushies. i just got a field guide of mushrooms of the northeast, so i'm definitely going to get oddly specific about how Suru uses the mushrooms for their healing stuff and work with the Mushi. there are a lot of mushi that act like fungi too, so it could be another thing where Suru had a hard time distinguishing between what's a mushi and what's just normal Japanese flora or fauna when he first started studying, and now they just incorporate both into their work.
That'll be really interesting to see! Now I want Gisela to get sick so Suru can make her drink some icky mushroom concoction, lol!

Quote:
ok! let's go halfway then, where the waterfall is very difficult to get to the first time you go with lots of dangerous Mushi and plants, but once you've been once, the Mushi previously blocking the way aid you in your way across and make it really easy and quick to get there, does that sound ok?
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
you know i've never been great with the spatial reasoning for maps, so i'd love to see what you can come up with!
Alright, I'll have to see if I can give it a go sometime in the next couple days.

ALSO.
OMFG.
Your avatar.
It is the most perfect avatar I have ever seen. I love it!!!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-03-2023, 03:52 AM

Quote:
That'll be really interesting to see! Now I want Gisela to get sick so Suru can make her drink some icky mushroom concoction, lol!
yessss love that idea. he'd make her harvest the mushrooms herself too

Quote:
ALSO.
OMFG.
Your avatar.
It is the most perfect avatar I have ever seen. I love it!!!
thank you!! i've been having a lot of fun with background avis lately, mene has so many funky critters

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-03-2023, 03:52 PM

He'd make her harvest the mushrooms while she's sick!? How cruel...

It's really smart the way you used the heart cookie as the mouse icon!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-03-2023, 06:16 PM

sometimes the harvesting is part of the healing

thank you!! you know, i wasn't even seeing it that way, but now it totally looks like one of those old html clickers from Myspace yes i totally did that on purpose

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-03-2023, 08:43 PM

Alright, I made a first attempt at the map. It's messy but I wanted to run it by you before I attempted something slightly prettier in colored pencil. What do you think?

---------- Post added 01-03-2023 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
sometimes the harvesting is part of the healing

thank you!! you know, i wasn't even seeing it that way, but now it totally looks like one of those old html clickers from Myspace yes i totally did that on purpose
LOL I guess you got me there though I still think that's some pretty tough love.

Haha, well you had me fooled!

---------- Post added 01-03-2023 at 03:48 PM ----------

I just realized I forgot the well. Oops. I'd put it in on the house side of the pond near that first bridge I think...

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-03-2023, 08:57 PM

Oh I like that so much! Man, now I want to live there. I love how central you made the water, and the bridges seem like really nice places for contemplation. Suru's little cultivated mushroom farm I think would be between the chickens and the fruit trees, since that's the closest to the fairy ring and forest where they grow naturally the most densely. I love those little rock paths too! It all just looks so serene.

That placement of the well sounds about right for where we are right now, I second that

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2023, 02:51 PM

Oops somehow I missed your reply in here! I'm glad you like it! I'll have to make a nicer looking version of this then.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2023, 02:03 AM

Sorry for the long wait! I did finally reply! I haven't had time to work on the map but it's on my to do list.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-17-2023, 05:27 AM

no worries! take whatever time you need, there's no rush.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2023, 04:26 PM

Thanks! I tend to put too much pressure on myself.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-18-2023, 05:08 PM

i feel that u_u but there's no need, i'm definitely fine with a slower pace, sometimes i need a break from writing too

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2023, 06:54 PM

I'm trying to get myself into a good routine the past few weeks but still struggling a bit with getting all my stuff in order so sometimes I tend to get overwhelmed with everything I have to do. Even fun stuff ends up as "to dos" on my list with accompanying guilt for not doing them.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-18-2023, 11:12 PM

i feel that so much i've been having such a hard time motivating to draw or play video games or read tarot, even just little things feel like they're not worth the effort of reining in my focus enough to get started then add food and working out and chores and my cat wanting to sit on top of me for hours... it definitely gets overwhelming with ADHD, it's just hard to break things down into smaller steps, because even the smallest first step becomes huge in my mind and then i start making lists... oh god, the lists

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2023, 02:56 PM

I feel like I'm so go go go all the time trying to get stuff done that I don't really find time to sit down and have "fun". And then even when I do it feels like a task that I'm trying to complete. Like finish this book so I can cross it off on my list. Or complete these quests in my game so I can have accomplished something. But yeah, I'm struggling trying to balance drinking enough water and trying to eat nutritious food and getting in movement...It's a lot. I've mostly accomplished taking my meds on time in the morning so at least there's that!

But yes, OMG the lists. THE LISTS! I put things in my planner and subsequently ignore them and push them to the next day and the next day... This week I've been trying to prepare for an interview I have coming up soon by breaking it into little steps, do this, then do that, and giving myself deadlines but nothing compares to that last minute deadline kick in the pants so I'm having trouble doing things in advance.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2023, 07:39 PM

Just dropping by to say that I haven't forgotten about our thread! I was hoping to post a reply this weekend but ended up really busy trying to play catch up when I got home from my work trip. I'll reply as soon as I can!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-30-2023, 08:07 PM

no rush! i'm pretty busy prepping for my Orlando trip, and i'll be out of town from Feb 4-8 so i probably won't be able to respond either until i get back and decompress a little.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2023, 08:21 PM

Whaa?! That's crazy, we'll just be missing each other. I'm also headed to Orlando the 10-12. What a coincidence! Are you going to a park?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-30-2023, 08:39 PM

oh wow, no way! yeah, we're going to Universal, Islands of Adventure, and all the Disney parks and Disney Springs. :D what about you?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2023, 08:40 PM

Wow that’s quite the trip!!! We’re going to do 2 days at Universal. Crazy the timing of it!

---------- Post added 01-30-2023 at 06:09 PM ----------

Yaya, I did manage to find a moment of inspiration to post. I should be finishing up my work but it was a nice break. I tried my hand at acting a bit as the master. I don't have any scene in mind so feel free to do what you will with it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2023, 04:00 PM

Heya Ghosty, how are you doing?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2023, 04:44 PM

hi! i'm pretty busy right now with the event and my poor partner who caught a cold on our trip, so i haven't had time to put together a reply yet, but i'm planning on replying asap when the event ends. thank you for being patient! how are you, did you just get back from your trip?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2023, 04:46 PM

No worries, just wanted to see how you are! How was Orlando?! I totally feel for your partner. I got sick before we left and was miserable our whole trip (still am).

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2023, 05:17 PM

oh no!!! i'm so sorry :( oh i would have lost my shit if i got sick before our trip. sending you chicken soup and copious blankets.

we had a great time, we wanna go back already we managed to escape a lot of cold weather while we were gone! so we left winter, arrived in late spring, and came back to early spring. it might get cold again, but for now we're enjoying the high 50s/low 60s.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2023, 06:34 PM

Yeah I was pretty bummed. I only managed to rally myself for 4 hours in Universal both days and only got to see the Harry Potter stuff really. I didn't even take many pictures because I was just tired. It super sucked. I'm glad you had a great time though! What was your favorite part?