PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-26-2022, 01:05 AM

I'll pretty this up in time, but I wanted to get the thread made so it'll remind me to get to work!

It's where we'll discuss TAKE ME HOME, an idea from zigbigadorlube's request thread.
Quote:
A slice of life roleplay. Two young women, friends since childhood, follow separate paths in life as their futures unfold before them but always remain true to each other. When Girl 1's husband kicks her out on the street, she calls Girl 2. Without hesitation Girl 2 drives hours to pick up Girl 1 and bring her back home but when they arrive, her husband makes her chose between him, and Girl 1. The choice is easy and the two girls set out on a road trip, a journey to find themselves a new home, a fresh start, and maybe even a second chance at love.
I will play Girl 1.
zigbigadorlube will play as Girl 2.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-26-2022, 09:34 PM

Yay! Thanks for starting the thread! I still need to work on my character profile. I did start on some ideas though!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2023, 05:06 PM

Heya PWEEP:! I haven't heard from you in a while. Everything okay?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-03-2023, 09:08 PM

Yes, I'm grand! So sorry about taking forever on this. I got er...really wasted over the weekend ^^; But I'm feeling much better and I'm able to actually think again! I've got most of my profile done already; just needs some tweaking once I learn your character's name and bits like that.

Edit;
I'm also likely getting too invested in the backstory of my character, but this is how my thought process works. I need a good base to form a personality from. So, I'll likely show the base of it here before the little edits to get what needs to be worked on or finished.

Edit 2;
Okay, here's most of it. I guess I should include a slight trigger warning? It does include very vague use of alcohol and at the very end, physical violence. Never does it get graphic, though. Just not sure, given it's a 'slice of life' RP and those things in the past can define a person.

SPOILERX

Lately I go by ... Cora, or Cor to my best friend; my birth name is Corinne Taylor Hanson. It is pronounced ‘kor-een’.

I can’t lie about my age ... Well, my mother does, but I don’t: I’m 27.

Looks aren’t everything ... But they do mean a lot, to me. I was always told to dress professional and modest, and to never leave the house as an adult without makeup on or my hair done. I’ve got waist length straight strawberry blond hair, though it’s rarely let down. When I’m at work my hair is up in a tight bun at the back of my head, or maybe decorated with a few braids throughout with a skirt or slacks and a button up blouse. On weekends in public I’ll grace a ponytail, or a loose braid, and wear a pullover shirt with looser fitting slacks. My husband always has complimented my eyes; he says they are the color of fresh cut lawn grass. He was is such a romantic.

According to the Feds...
My parents were high school sweethearts named Renee and David. A soon as my mother realized she was pregnant at 17 my grandparents pressured him into marrying her. It was what was expected; my folks come from a long running line of WASP’s - men worked, women tended to the family. That’s just how life was. So, Renee was taken home from the private school she attended to give birth to my elder brother, while David dropped out to start working at a metal sheet factory. My brother, Charles, was about two when Mother became pregnant with me, and we did have a lovely beginning. My parents seemed happy, my grandparents adored us, but as I grew a little older I realized something wasn’t right. I was allowed to visit friends, and my brother could too - yet no one was ever allowed to stay the night. I could have sleepovers at someone else’s house, but no matter how much we begged our parents would never let our friends stay over. Eventually we stopped asking because we accepted: that’s just how life was.

As Charlie and I got into our early teens, our parents pushed our academics above anything else. If we got less than a 90% on any assignment, we’d be punished. Father was the one to push us; Mother didn’t seem as interested in what we did. Once when Charlie got a low grade for a semester, Father wouldn’t let him play football even though the coach said he could. I remember sitting outside in the hall as Father argued with the coach for a few minutes, and when they both emerged not a word was said. Father just looked down at Charlie for a moment, and the coach didn’t even meet my brother’s eyes. I saw the disappointment on his face, though. Charlie never let his grade go down again. I tried to ask Mother why Father wouldn’t let him play, but she simply shrugged her shoulders while drinking yet another martini.

Everything changed the following year.

Charlie just started high school; we were both doing very well with our studies and the extra-curricular activities our parents approved of. He played sports, and I played music. Mother convinced Father a few years previously to let me learn the violin, and piano. Charlie had been at a friend’s house after school; they were heading to practice when another driver ran a red light and crashed into them. My brother’s friend and his mom survived ... But Charlie did not.

Mother lost it, and so did Father. I was barely 12 at the time, but I knew nothing would be the same again. ZIG’S OC really stepped up after his funeral; we’d always been friends in school but started hanging out much more often. She meant everything to me at the time. I knew I’d never find such a strong person again in my life. From helping me overcome my shyness, to teaching me how to be more courageous and brave, she absolutely guided me through the grief and awkward stages of being a teenager. I had never thought before his death that we’d become so close. Then, in our final year of school, I started dating a classmate named Adrian.. ZIG’S OC didn’t seem particularly fond of him, but was always there to give me advice nonetheless - even after I admitted that him and I were going to college together, and not the one she was going to. We promised to always remain friends, and we always did. Still, as life goes, we did drift apart.

Once my parents found out that Adrian and I planned to move in together rather than in separate dorms, they insisted on having ‘the talk’ with him. To my surprise, they gave us permission but only if we got married first. We’d only been dating for a couple years but still: that’s the way it was. My parents did not want us to go through what they did. It was a humongous glorious ceremony; I’d say at least a hundred people were there. Oddly enough, there was only two people I wanted to see. My husband, of course, and my best friend. I needed her there as a weird half-goodbye, type of thing. Forever we’d be close, but I wanted her smile to let me know it was okay to go off and start a family, to acknowledge it was painful that we’d see even less of each other. We went from talking every day to once or twice a week ... then less than that. That’s the way Life is, though. That’s what my mother insisted. Time to be a wife, soon a mother; no longer a ‘wild child’ (as if I ever was) but I knew better than to question my parents Life.

We promised to finish our educations before trying for children; I earned degrees in teaching music to children, while Adrian passed the BAR exam to become a lawyer at his father’s firm. He made plenty of money so I only worked part time as a substitute teacher while tending to the house as well. We did try for a child several times but nothing has come of it yet. We’ve both been tested; we are able to conceive but I’m not sure why our first hasn’t come yet. Both of our parents have continually asked why but there is no answer yet. He’s taken up my mother’s habit; I have little interest in it and I argue with him about it. Last week he raised his hand to me ... So I called the only other person I could trust.

I doubt we’ll really get to know each other but ...

Last edited by PWEEP; 01-04-2023 at 01:34 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-04-2023, 09:52 PM

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! I didn't end up starting on my character because I wasn't sure if we would still be on for this. I'll try to get something made up in the next few days. It helps to have your background as well so I can tie that in.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-05-2023, 09:32 PM

Yeah, sorry I took so long. I'll definitely be better from now on! Take your time! As I said, if there's anything you want to switch or discuss I'm all up for that. It's just the backstory I had mentioned before for my character.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2023, 05:44 PM

I just wanted to pop in to say that I haven't forgotten about this and apologies for the delay! My time management skills haven't been the latest lately.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-11-2023, 11:45 PM

Me neither, but no worries! Like I said, take your time. ^^ I'm eager to see what you've come up with, and how I can use it to add to my character as well. <3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2023, 11:09 PM

Ok, so I FINALLY made my character and the roleplay thread (which I pinged you to).

One thing about your profile, some of the descriptions you used were from a different character who was in a witness protection program so I worded them for that. You might want to reword the "personality", "background", and other sections. Also, if you post the profile in the thread you'll want to either put it in the quote code tags or quote the one above so they're not duplicate (which is against Menewsha's rules).

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-17-2023, 09:01 PM

Oh, shoot, I forgot about that! Thank you for letting me know. I was using it as a base, so I'm more than willing to adjust those things anyway. I'll finish up my profile and get it posted there either tonight or tomorrow evening. Thanks for getting the main thread started :D I love your character's backstory, especially tying in their elder brothers were also friends. I haven't looked for a reference photo for my character yet, so that'll be fun trying to find someone that fits my vision. I might have to adjust some minor details since I'm incredibly picky about picking a model that truly fits what I want for my character.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2023, 04:27 PM

You don't have to do a photo if you don't want to! I just find it helpful for myself because I'm a very visual person.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-19-2023, 01:13 AM

I'm very nearly done! I know I said it'd be last night or tonight, but I just want to make sure I have everything correct in my mind and check for typos/continuity errors/etc. I did do quite a bit of editing, but I'll still use the quote tags when I do post it. Thank you for being so patient!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2023, 09:23 PM

No worries! I can’t wait to see it when you are done!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-20-2023, 02:31 AM

Ok, there we go! I think I got it right. If I forgot to edit something, let me know. (:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2023, 02:12 PM

Aw, she's so cute! That's funny about the cilantro thing, I have that problem myself. Did you want to kick things off with the first post or would you like me to?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-20-2023, 08:07 PM

I had to include the pickle thing too; I couldn't help myself! As for cilantro, I actually do like it! It's just something I could think of that is also a little funny. I'd be happy to start things off! I already have an outline of that starting scene we mentioned before, with Corinne waiting for Alexis. Ohh, this is gonna be so fun~

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2023, 08:08 PM

Haha, yes, I saw the pickles! I also don't like pickles in real life, lol!

Yay, I can't wait to kick this off!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-20-2023, 09:02 PM

Working on it right now! I forgot that she's married, somehow. I mean, I didn't, but I forgot that she needs a maiden name and a married surname. Oops, haha. I realized that after I got started on the post, so I made a tiny edit to the profile that reflects Adrian's last name just so I don't forget that I need to remember that little detail! ><

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-22-2023, 03:18 PM

Yay! We're officially open! It's funny to imagine her all dressed up and going to a pub.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-22-2023, 08:46 PM

It's even funnier imagining Alexis all dirtied up and smelling funky then walking into a bar without a care in the world because she just wants to be there for her friend. Now that I'm home from doing laundry, I'll work on a reply!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2023, 05:08 PM

Ahaha, that's definitely what I was thinking when I started the scene about her mucking out the barn. She's been fun to write for so far!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-23-2023, 11:09 PM

It's only been a few posts but I love their dynamic! I'm excited for Cora's progression into a more independent woman and less of a ... Well, I don't want to say child, but just stronger as a person. I'm going to assume that Cor has been to the ranch before, maybe once or twice? For a brief time, and definitely before she got married to Adrian, so it's been awhile.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2023, 11:26 PM

Yeah, I'd say Cora would have been to the ranch a few times to hang out. How much would you say that Cora told her over text? I'm going to try to work on a reply now though I may get pulled away to make dinner before I finish.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-23-2023, 11:46 PM

Hmm, good question. Probably just that she's been arguing with Adrian for awhile, and he told her to get out. Not that he texted her, asking where she is, or exactly what the fighting is about. Definitely not that he's been drinking a lot since they started fighting. Likely just very vague language indicating she doesn't want to talk to her parents about it - obviously, and doesn't know if she should "give him space", let him give her space, and is just generally confused about what she should do with this predicament.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2023, 08:02 PM

Got it, thanks for explaining! That'll be helpful when they talk more about it later.