Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-28-2022, 02:54 PM

Did y'all pick up any fun games during the current Steam winter sale?

A friend gifted me Potionomics for Christmas, but I've not touched it yet.

I picked up Rogue Legacy 2, Strange Horticulture, and Peglin (so far). Rogue Legacy 2 is fun, but it's the kind of game that you 100% need a controller to play because it has weird button combinations that are hard to pull off with mouse and keyboard. :(

Strange Horticulture is very chill. I've not put much time into it, but you own a plant shop wherein you have to use your plant encyclopedia to identify plants that you have in your shop to sell to patrons. The patrons can also give you tips on where to find new plants to bring to your shop! Hoping to get into it more at some point.

Peglin is a cute little pixel roguelike game where you play as a goblin, and you have to fight monsters by playing what is basically Peggle. You can get different balls that have different effects during combat. I've seen streams of people playing Peglin and it looks to be a game that was right up my alley!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 01:31 AM

oh those sound so fun! i love Peggle, maybe i'll have to check Peglin out.

i already have an Xbox GamePass and PlayStation Now subscription and a Wii i don't use so i think i'm going to skip the Steam sale

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-30-2022, 10:28 AM

I just picked up the second episode of Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick precipice of Darkness, Episode 2, because it's hardly EVER on sale. So at least I got SOMETHING this sale.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-03-2023, 08:16 PM

@ghost: You're so valid. GamePass and Playstation Now are good deals. :)

@Onsen: for some reason I own only the third episode of that game series but not the 1st or 2nd? figure that one out.

I picked up some additional games right near the end: DUSK, ULTRAKILL, AMID EVIL, and Cuphead and its DLC. :)