Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-27-2023, 06:58 AM

Banner Art by ghostPastry

Last edited by Magnus; 02-10-2023 at 08:59 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-27-2023, 07:02 AM

All your questions answered right here *chuckles* Asking questions is the gateway to solutions after all.

This thread is speciffically for asking questions related to the Valentines Day 2023 Event. I would appreciate it very much if you all would use the hangout for any other kinds of discussions For any other questions or concerns, please check in at the Menewsha Help Desk.

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-27-2023, 07:17 AM

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

Optimally, we will run it Saturday to Sunday, ending on the 9th day, or, Noon PT of February 19, PT.

• How do I participate in the event?

Staff members have worked hard to prepare Event Threads for you all to participate in, including contests and games! All of which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Users Threads alike have also been included in this Event! You will find all of the game Links provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will earn some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you could get some by playing the game of chance every 30 minutes *chuckles* But it is a game of chance; you might win big, or you might lose it all. Do be careful with your bets!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 10 pairs of cards to play every 30 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing it all by guessing wrong next round...your choice!
    • You can buy additional plays with your event currency... Quite an investment!

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Unfortunately, with everyone just coming back and getting settled into their old jobs, the Staff has not had enough time to design, pixel, and upload a whole new set of commons for this event.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

While Staff did not have enough time for commons, they did manage to put together some wonderful event rares! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They will be the only thing in the Event Store but at least we will get to dust off the old store and use it again

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will of course be yours. Please do keep in mind that you will not be able to partially pay for one item with both gold and event currency.

For event rare previews, please inspect this informational post.

Valentine's Day 2023 Event Rares by Cora

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued. *chuckles* This will be your only chance to buy them!

• How much will a complete Event Items (rares) set cost?

A complete set of Event Rares will cost 12,000g or 60 Tokens currently
    There will be a total of 4 Event Rares this event.

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events, to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

• I don't have enough time to participate so I can't get the EIs that I want! - that's not fair!

I do understand your discomfort. However... We did our best to distribute the rare items in a fair and and equitable manner. Truly, this was the best available option.

Last edited by Magnus; 02-18-2023 at 11:10 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-27-2023, 07:44 AM

Staff/User Contests, Games & Hangout Threads

• Russian Cupid Roulette! Risk it all and win big...or get shot by Cupid's arrow! -- (Dice Game)
    Hosted by Tesel - JUMP TO THREAD
    I'm not a fan of love or Cupid in general, but I can appreciate his need to shoot a bow, what with my fondness for weaponry. So, let's play a game. If you can evade Cupid's arrows, you can win big!

• Fashion... Period VS. Past! -- (Avatar Contest)
    Hosted by BloodStainedWings & Li Mei - JUMP TO THREAD
    Fashion is Fashion whether it is old or new. But the real question that must be answered is... is new fashion better than old fashion? Can old fashion hold up in today's party environments?? Well that's exactly what we are going to find out...

• ✍︎ Mene NPC Love Letter Studios -- (Art/Writing/Crafting Contest)
    Hosted by ghostPastry - JUMP TO THREAD
    Profess your undying love for any and all of the Menewsha NPCs! If you feel Cain is under appreciated... Now is the time! Jump on the chance to express yourself, in no uncertain terms, exactly what Cain means to you! Or any NPC for that matter! Come one, come all, and deliver the best craftmanship you can muster, the most exquisite wordsmithing you can put to paper with pen, and tell the Menewsha NPCs exactly what they mean to you!

• Name That Movie :: Love Edition! -- (Search Game)
    Hosted by Linnea - JUMP TO THREAD
    Test your movie chops and see if you know any of these looooove movies for some sweet sweet gold. Which you can spend on you OR your love!

• Ru's V-Day Scratch Cards & Games -- (Guessing Game)
    Hosted by user - JUMP TO THREAD
    Test your luck! Step up here and guess the winning numbers! If you have what it takes to find the hearts in the image then press that clicker! Yes yes, you have 4 chances to find all the hearts and only 7 tries to find them! Can you pick out all the hearts in every single Valentine's card? Try your luck now!

• Time Capsule Tales -- (Hangout + Story + EI Challenge)
    Hosted by Magnus - JUMP TO THREAD
    Fown 2022 clean up revealed... A Time Capsule? Who put this here in this busted wall of the Town Hall? It says... Sealed in 2011... Do not open till 2021. Ohhh... Missed it by that much! We may be late but regardless, we should open it and see what is inside!

• Valentine's Post Office: Candy Grams! -- (Send a Special Someone a Valentine!)
    Hosted by Channah - JUMP TO THREAD
    Listen my loves... Normally I really have to watch out for you hooligans stepping out of line! But this time of year? It's all about love isn't it? Do you have someone you love? It doesn't have to be romantic Honey! Your best friend or someone that means the world to you; all that matters is that you send them something to let them know you appreciate them. This here shop is your one stop candy gram delivery service! No hooligans were harmed in the making of this thread.

Last edited by Magnus; 02-11-2023 at 10:04 PM..

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-27-2023, 08:08 AM

Event Item Previews

TBA

Last edited by Magnus; 02-10-2023 at 08:39 AM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-12-2023, 03:01 PM

Hey, Magnus, I'm not a big card player, so I have a question about the chance option (which I'm happy to see return!) But, unfortunately, I forgot something.

Are aces high or low, or both?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 02-12-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Hey, Magnus, I'm not a big card player, so I have a question about the chance option (which I'm happy to see return!) But, unfortunately, I forgot something.

Aces are a 1.

Don't be fooled by them !

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-12-2023, 07:43 PM

Ace's face haunts me at night

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-12-2023, 09:57 PM

HIM is correct, Aces are a 1, thanks HIM!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2023, 10:08 PM

Aces and Kings are the only cards i trust in this game

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-12-2023, 10:10 PM

Thank you both!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-13-2023, 01:44 AM

Hi all <3 I have a quick question - is your "mule" account allowed to play in the event games as well? (I have a "mule" that actually used to be my sibling's account)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 02:24 AM

That usually is up to the thread owners themselves. Most of them are ok with it, but some prefer if you don't. I'd ask in the thread itself.

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-13-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post

It seems I have been late to the punch and other helpful menewshans have answered this for you... I apologize, it seems I missed placing this in the FAQ above! *chuckles* In case you have further need of the rules...
Chance Game Info:
  • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
  • Up to 10 pairs of cards to play every 30 minutes, if you guess correctly.
  • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing it all by guessing wrong next round...your choice!
  • You can buy additional plays with your event currency... Quite an investment!

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Ace's face haunts me at night
*Chuckles ominously*

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Hi all <3 I have a quick question - is your "mule" account allowed to play in the event games as well? (I have a "mule" that actually used to be my sibling's account)
I would like to second what Cora has said. For the most part, Mules are welcome to take part in chance and other activities unless strictly forbidden by the rules of the threads you are looking to play in. For instance, because the Challenge in the Hangout thread offers such a weighty reward, only one account per user is welcome!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-13-2023, 03:48 PM

Wait, why did no one tell me there was an event?! Ahhhh!

Lol. Well, now that I'm aware, hopefully I have time to join in between work and...more work.
Ah, I probably posted this in the wrong place. Sorry, you can delete if you want.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 08:22 PM

What day will the event item(s) be in the event shop?

I'm really surprised we're getting any for this user ran/ staff event.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 02-13-2023, 09:58 PM

First new items for I don't know how long, I'm sitting on pins and needles of curiosity. However, for me the shop is empty. I do hope that's not an error of sorts/

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
What day will the event item(s) be in the event shop?

I'm really surprised we're getting any for this user ran/ staff event.
I believe the intention is to drop the first one tonight, but you know how things go it could also be tomorrow. I would be pretty confident in saying today or tomorrow though

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2023, 11:50 PM

i'm so excited to see what you made!!!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
First new items for I don't know how long, I'm sitting on pins and needles of curiosity. However, for me the shop is empty. I do hope that's not an error of sorts/
Not an error no, it has not been released yet. For this event, being my first one back I stayed kinda small on the items, nothing overly fancy but I think you guys will like them. At least I hope so

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i'm so excited to see what you made!!!
I'm so eager to let you guys see them. I'm a bundle of nerves like you wouldn't believe. I haven't Pixeled anything in about 5 years. But I do think they turned out pretty well

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-14-2023, 12:19 AM

I would like to inform you that the first Valentine's Day 2023 Event Item is now for sale in the Special Event Store!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-14-2023, 12:23 AM

Aww it's super cute!!! Thank you so much!

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-14-2023, 12:32 AM

Hoho! Do not thank me, Thank Cora! A fine talent!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 12:34 AM

Yes, thank you Cora, it's amazing! But uhh ... Magnus?

It's a hairpin. So, unless Peeblo glued it to your head ... ?

Just kidding! You still look handsome!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 12:35 AM

Oh it looks very cute on you Magnus