Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 04:31 AM

lol no that's fine "great minds" as they say.

I messed up making this one the first time. I forgot to write down the items as I was making it. So I had to undo it and start again. Royal pain in the butt! lol. I don't envy you having to double check all these items.

I'll edit the avatar into the submission later when I find out why I suddenly can't save things onto my computer. >:(

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

items used:

Sash of Chaos
Raven Ankle Wings
Fencenet Stockings - Black
Silver Isis Anklet
Smoky Transparent Tights
Chaotic Opera Gloves
Temptress Bodice - Black
Aphrodite's Dark Dress Of Chaos
Naias Diadem - Charcoal
Wadjet Make eye -silver
Aphrodite Clips Of Chaos
Chaotic Lattice Heels
Heart Wig - Chaos
Plastic Bangle - White
Moonlit bracers
Moon Wristlet
Gemstone Earrings - Chaos Amethyst
Heartwig - Chaos
Frostbite Necklace - White
Phantasm Half-Mask - Chaos

Last edited by Nephila; 02-14-2023 at 04:43 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 04:46 AM

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
items used:
Welcome Tee
Bee Slippers
Raven Anklewings
Bee Headphones
Poor Bertie Bear
Regret Gloves
Proper Harness Black
Bee Stockings
Bee Striped Scarf
Lolita Skirt – Black

Extra Story: This is an updated version of the avatar that I had original cosplayed when I went to meet CK and Omi down at the Georgia convention!

Here's a very old picture of me -

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 05:47 AM ----------

I think that's everything but the group challenge now!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 04:52 AM

That's so cute! It's like you Cosplayed yourself.

It must have been so cool to meet Mene people. No one is really close to me to do that.

My computer is doing this thing where it's not downloading images properly and it keeps the temporary internet file rather than save it as the PNG it's meant to be. So All my entrees are going to have an extra layer of work to them that will annoy the heck out of me until I figure out what's up with it.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-14-2023, 04:56 AM

and here's one for this first contest, going back to my old school color blocking ways. that was tough! not as many plain ole teal items, but i was determined! if anyone can think of anything that might work after the fact i might have missed because i am out of practice (and tired and need to go to bed!!) please let me know because it's gonna drive me cray

My Valentine Colors Entry:

My accent color is teal.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 04:57 AM

I live in NY so it was quite a drive for us (me and my RL best friend at the time drove down). A few people in the years since have told me they were also there, but we never ran into anyone but CK and Omi. It was oodles of fun ^-^

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 05:16 AM

Aww Linnea. The teal reminds me of Hummy. Nicely done.

I wish she was here.

I wish I had a friend back in the day to do that kind of thing with.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 05:29 AM

Hummy was around not too incredibly long ago, when we all first started popping in again.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 05:44 AM

Ya we chatted a bit and she gave me her E-mails in trade text.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 06:09 AM

Oh! Its good that you can keep in touch with her then ^_^

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 08:46 AM

I love the Avis in here! I've never been a great maker of Avatars but I might have to give some of these challenges a go!

Cora I love that you cosplayed yourself doing a cosplay :P I I wish I had ever thought to do a cosplay of my avatar on mene IRL XD Like... It would have been right up there with one halloween when I dressed up as spaceman spiff from Calvin & Hobbes comics! Very few people got it haha!

Where I live I would be SHOCKED if I found another Mene user. I went to college with Estrella from back in the day. She ran the Champaign Supernova charity with her mule Broseph. It was because of her I got into Mene actually! I've never heard of anyone else in my region of Central Oregon being on the site XD

Nephila, If the moment strikes you you talk to her next, please tell hummy Carn says hello!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 08:53 AM

I remember Estrella!

I love doing Cosplays that nobody understands, it makes me giggle. Unless I feel like they SHOULD know who it is and literally nobody does. Then I just get annoyed . I remember I died my hair bubblegum pink and made my very own Weird Sisters shirt to wear to a Harry Potter movie premier and the people I was going with had no idea who I was. Not even when I told them who I was. I was like "how can you say you read the books, and are fans, and not know who Tonks is, seesh"

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 09:04 AM

No kidding! Most often people don't recollect when I mention her. It's crazy. She's got like 3 kids now and everything.

That can definitely be entertaining when it's a personal inside joke. As for Tonks... I can't say for sure but... I think I would have gotten it! XD I ate those books up as soon as they were published when I was a teen. Book one I devoured at 11. I read book 4 in a week. My parents were not happy. I kept disappearing throughout the day to go read XD Also though, like, kudos for cosplaying to movie premiers! I was always far too in my shell to try and do stuff like that.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
No kidding! Most often people don't recollect when I mention her. It's crazy. She's got like 3 kids now and everything.

That can definitely be entertaining when it's a personal inside joke. As for Tonks... I can't say for sure but... I think I would have gotten it! XD I ate those books up as soon as they were published when I was a teen. Book one I devoured at 11. I read book 4 in a week. My parents were not happy. I kept disappearing throughout the day to go read XD Also though, like, kudos for cosplaying to movie premiers! I was always far too in my shell to try and do stuff like that.
I've been around Menewsha a long long time, and have been a staff member for most of it. I actually remember vast majority of people which is crazy cause in real life I am shit with names. Its good to know Estrella is doing well!

Dude....I probably should not mention it took me 1 day of no sleep to read the entire 4th book. I.....didn't put it down

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 09:25 AM

Hahaha! I am terrible with names! Mene for some reason is easier so I feel ya XD But yea! Last time I checked she was doing great :P

WHAAAATT??? You read it in a day?? I am so floored right now XD That is truly impressive!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-14-2023, 09:27 AM

Just double checking that it's just purple in general, and then a single shade of red, right? Wanted to confirm the avi I have on is okay

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 09:37 AM

I think so? Li Mei said Purple, a single shade of red that's best to stick to the same shade throughout (else the second submissive shade of red will be considered the accent color), and a "rad accent color!"

I can't say for certain as I'm not the thread runner but I personally think your colors are working quite well with the rules as written!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 09:42 AM

My avi submission had two different shades of purple and it was accepted, so I think you're good!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-14-2023, 09:50 AM

Wonderful. And it says avi base skins are okay, so hopefully the gray skin is allowed. Now I need to find a way to actually upload it

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 PM

Past VS. Present!
My Culture/Tradition is based on Chinese culture.

Sorry for the short description I'm feeling very brain-dead right now...

My Traditional Uniform:

But I can still show you how I party!
My V-Day Dance Party outfit:

How I did it:
Removed:
The Empress's Arch (Wood Arch)
Tea House (Tea Tray)
Yin-Yang (Floor Symbol)

Added:
Slick Shades
The VJ (White DJ Table)
The VJ (Pink Cyber Headwings)

And an additional image of the two outfits together side by side because I forgot the images that go into the form are pasted separately and had saved them together, so might as well toss it on here.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 02:07 PM

Oh! I love what you ended up doing with it!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 02:11 PM

Thank you! <33

It was certainly a challenge with only three equipped poses removed and added allowed. ^^

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 10:56 PM ----------

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Theme: Demonic Bookkeeper

Items used:
hairstyle 26
eye 3
regular eyebrow

krampus horns - black
obsidian gargoyle wings
obsidian gargoyle tail
red flight commander's cap
gold commander pendant
gold reading glasses
demeter earrings - gold
lordship smoking jacket - red
leonardo pants - black
crow black boots
auctioneer's ledger
mountain of gold

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-14-2023, 04:15 PM

Looking great Nisty! :D

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 05:03 PM

oh Antsy those entries are so good!! i love how you transformed the one from your culture; that dragon is ready to BOOGIE~~!!

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
My Traditional Uniform:

But I can still show you how I party!

My V-Day Dance Party outfit:
[/COLOR]
i just saw this, Cora, what a creative entry!! i love the use of that long skirt and the short kilt.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 05:11 PM

Thanks

I'm quite happy with how the Tatsu worked out too, I don't think I've ever actually used it in any of my outfits despite all these years. I particularly like how in the After look it looks like it's co-DJing alongside the person.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-14-2023, 05:15 PM

Omg Cora I love those!