Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-14-2023, 01:51 AM

Hey! I kinda remember you! How's it going?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 02:00 AM

So much better lately, seeing all those familiar, and shamefully somewhat familiar faces, returning! I'm glad more people have returned for this event. This Christmas event was fun but now that we've got more people involved it's even better!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-14-2023, 02:13 AM

Definitely great to see life coming back to the site!
A bit overwhelming for me after how quiet it's been, but still a very good thing.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 02-14-2023, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Hey, Kirin, I'm also here to chat away within your thread; I hope that's ok! Especially since I see Crow and Kaderin in here as well; I do recall you two from back in the day. Nice to see you both again! (It's ok if you don't remember me )
-Tips black heart halo in your direction as a greeting- I've been active for years and also inactive for years. Nostalgia is quite a strong drug, though.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post

What kind of jobs have you been applying for?[COLOR="lightseagreen"]
Customer Service in Retail and Foods... but I've stopped applying for food positions because I hate them and have been Applying to retail ones.

No sense in working at something you hate. Plus I'm not as fast as I used to be when it comes to fast food. It's to stressful for me.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
If you love yourself, you have one up on me! I'm learning to... tolerate.... myself... kind of like a super annoying roommate that you're just stuck with. I don't despise myself, but I don't love myself either.
I love myself somedays... somedays I only tolerate myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Discounts can be so useful.
Am gonna have to make a decision about mine in a few months because the store is actually moving locations, which means everyone will have to re-apply. And idk, the employee discount is really good (30% off everything including clearance prices) and the extra money is nice, but also only having a single day off each week is really wearing me down.
I work Monday through Friday. Though I will admit it's probably good I don't work in a craft store.

Quote:
Hey, Kirin, I'm also here to chat away within your thread; I hope that's ok! Especially since I see Crow and Kaderin in here as well; I do recall you two from back in the day. Nice to see you both again! (It's ok if you don't remember me )
Welcome Pweep.

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Customer Service in Retail and Foods... but I've stopped applying for food positions because I hate them and have been Applying to retail ones.

No sense in working at something you hate. Plus I'm not as fast as I used to be when it comes to fast food. It's to stressful for me.
I work at Wendy's and overall I like it.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-14-2023, 04:30 AM

Quote:

I work Monday through Friday. Though I will admit it's probably good I don't work in a craft store.
I work Monday through Saturday. Monday at Joann and Tuesday through Saturday (full time) at the library. It's tricky because with inflation and increasing rent, the minimal income from Joann could be critical, but then if I had 2 days off per week maybe I'd have more time and energy to make stuff and could supplement my income by selling things (mainly plushies, occasionally shawls and scalemail fingerless gloves). Idk.

Yeah the craft store is a dangerous place to work. But I've gotten really good at self control. Mainly because I have way too much unused yarn in my stash and have gotten to the point of giving it away. So I'm not allowed to buy more unless it's for a custom order, specific project, or until I've finished other projects.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I work Monday through Saturday. Monday at Joann and Tuesday through Saturday (full time) at the library. It's tricky because with inflation and increasing rent, the minimal income from Joann could be critical, but then if I had 2 days off per week maybe I'd have more time and energy to make stuff and could supplement my income by selling things (mainly plushies, occasionally shawls and scalemail fingerless gloves). Idk.

Yeah the craft store is a dangerous place to work. But I've gotten really good at self control. Mainly because I have way too much unused yarn in my stash and have gotten to the point of giving it away. So I'm not allowed to buy more unless it's for a custom order, specific project, or until I've finished other projects.
I tried working six days. That wasn't good for my mental or my physical health.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-14-2023, 03:19 PM

Yeah, it's definitely not fun. I've been doing it for many years and, while my physical health is fine, my mental health is just a mess. Though it is slightly better now that my main job doesn't make me miserable.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 10:16 PM

I've never worked in fast food, but I did work at Walmart, so I understand customer relations. I worked in the pharmacy though, so it was a little different than just checking the price on something and changing it to make a customer happen. We couldn't change the price of the medicine Now I work in food, but not in a restaurant. I'm a packing operator at an aquaponics facility - a factory, more or less, but organic based.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-15-2023, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely not fun. I've been doing it for many years and, while my physical health is fine, my mental health is just a mess. Though it is slightly better now that my main job doesn't make me miserable.
That's good.

Quote:
I've never worked in fast food, but I did work at Walmart, so I understand customer relations. I worked in the pharmacy though, so it was a little different than just checking the price on something and changing it to make a customer happen. We couldn't change the price of the medicine Now I work in food, but not in a restaurant. I'm a packing operator at an aquaponics facility - a factory, more or less, but organic based.
Sounds interesting.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-15-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Hey all. I am glad I came back to see an event. Life has been kicking my butt recently but I won't let it keep me down. Come and chat if you choose.
Same here, Kirin. I forgot about Menewsha until I checked my email and discord.

I will do my best to be more active.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-15-2023, 10:36 PM

Welcome back, Dottie! Happy to have you here!

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-15-2023, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Welcome back, Dottie! Happy to have you here!
I am glad to be here. I know one thing, Menewsha still brings me joy.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-15-2023, 11:21 PM

hey kirin! working on a new outfit?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 02-16-2023, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie Mae Evans View Post

Glad to see that you made it for this event!

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 02-16-2023, 02:31 AM

Happy late V-day
I've never been more happier to fight with Chance

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-16-2023, 03:06 AM

Quote:

Glad to see you back. If you need help getting the event items let me know.

---------- Post added 02-15-2023 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:

I had a friend on the book of faces let me know it was back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
hey kirin! working on a new outfit?
Sure am. Though right now I don't know what to do for a belt and then I have to come up with a good background.

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 02-16-2023, 03:47 PM

Hello everyone! I'm excited to participate in an event on Mene again! It's been sooo long!

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-17-2023, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
Glad to see that you made it for this event!
Me too. I need to post enough before the event is over. I need the two new EIs.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-17-2023, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
Hello everyone! I'm excited to participate in an event on Mene again! It's been sooo long!
Welcome to my thread.

Quote:
Me too. I need to post enough before the event is over. I need the two new EIs.
There are four now. If you want I have enough hearts I can grab them for you.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-17-2023, 04:41 AM

Hi Kirin Rosenbaum! ^_^ long time no see

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-17-2023, 05:53 AM

Hey Sal. How you been?

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 02-17-2023, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I'm sipping kombucha while chatting on Mene right now and it's giving me a buzz XD

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-18-2023, 03:53 AM

'pokes head in' hello..how goes.