SAVE

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-13-2023, 01:41 AM

ONE MOREEEEEEE

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-13-2023, 04:41 AM

awww this brings me back! my first real mene home was sprinkles, not jimmies! we were sprinkleteers!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 10:24 AM

Welcome back Woodie! Its good to see you

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 08:10 PM

I agree with the bah humbug to Vday. But I'll take a Mene Event for it anyway.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-13-2023, 11:40 PM

So like, I don't like the commercial aspect of V-day. But I love hearts, if you saw my appartment you'd understand 3 things immediately about me, I love Otome, Fairies, and Hearts. They are everywhere. So I love Valentines day not for the love aspect, or the commercial aspect, but as a celebration of hearts

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 12:11 AM

that's such a sweet thing to celebrate! your house sounds lovely. we didn't really decorate for Valentine's this year, but usually we have hearts and little sweet things everywhere, we like to tap into our inner children when we do the decorations, so it's not very romantic, but it's really cute.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 12:32 AM

woodlandnymph! So good to see you again! I'm glad you're here to celebrate with us :D

I don't celebrate the day, in my real life. I've been single for uhh ... well, a long time, and I'm fine with it! I do like to do Galentine's Day, though, when my girlfriends and I just hang out, have a few drinks, and no boys allowed! We also always watch the Galentine's Day episode from Parks & Recreation.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
that's such a sweet thing to celebrate! your house sounds lovely. we didn't really decorate for Valentine's this year, but usually we have hearts and little sweet things everywhere, we like to tap into our inner children when we do the decorations, so it's not very romantic, but it's really cute.
This sounds like an utterly adorable way to decorate!

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
woodlandnymph! So good to see you again! I'm glad you're here to celebrate with us :D

I don't celebrate the day, in my real life. I've been single for uhh ... well, a long time, and I'm fine with it! I do like to do Galentine's Day, though, when my girlfriends and I just hang out, have a few drinks, and no boys allowed! We also always watch the Galentine's Day episode from Parks & Recreation.

That sounds like a really good idea as well. I've been single for quite a long time myself. My last relationship was.....well lets just say it wasn't a good experience for me and kinda scared me off trying again

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-14-2023, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Welcome back Woodie! Its good to see you
Hiiii!!! Welcome indeed hello blast from the pasts. I love it. How're you?

Hello to all Sprinkles.

See, I love Valentines and such cause I always thought it was more about love in general vs purely romantic love. I totally bought my mum treats and flowers.

---------- Post added 02-13-2023 at 07:52 PM ----------

Hi Pweep~~~

Linny LOVE <3

Neph and Ghost <3 <3

Yah man, go forth and Galentines it up!!! Get your bbfs some silly treats or a stuffed animal. Just show appreciation for the ones in your life

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 12:59 AM

I agree that Valentine's Day isn't about being in love - I mean, it can, if that's what you'd like, but it's just about love in general, to me!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-14-2023, 01:05 AM

Heck yeah! I show my hubby every day that I love him. Valentines is just a nice little day to spoil.

My friends and I made up a holiday right around now (February 2nd!) we call Stank Hole Day. lol. It's a day we buy new socks for everyone (silly ones) and have a party with a stank hole cake( which should be chocolate and a bundt cake). This year I didn't go crazy on socks....but in years past oh man.

I also LOVE Parks and Rec n Galentine's!!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-14-2023, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
So like, I don't like the commercial aspect of V-day. But I love hearts, if you saw my appartment you'd understand 3 things immediately about me, I love Otome, Fairies, and Hearts. They are everywhere. So I love Valentines day not for the love aspect, or the commercial aspect, but as a celebration of hearts
Cora: do you have like anatomically correct hearts around your apartment too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Heck yeah! I show my hubby every day that I love him. Valentines is just a nice little day to spoil.

My friends and I made up a holiday right around now (February 2nd!) we call Stank Hole Day. lol. It's a day we buy new socks for everyone (silly ones) and have a party with a stank hole cake( which should be chocolate and a bundt cake). This year I didn't go crazy on socks....but in years past oh man.

I also LOVE Parks and Rec n Galentine's!!
as a patron of stank hole day, i second this aaaand i also do galentine's! i am perpetually single during valentine's day but i would definitely do it anyways. fo sho.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 01:21 AM

Oh my goodness, that's such a hilarious holiday, I love the idea of it We might have to adopt something like that for our Galentine's Day, besides drinking wine and sharing bad date stories. Usually I host and am the DD, because I haven't had a date in ages

So glad to know you also like Parks & Rec! Now I have to ask: who's your favorite character, and why?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-14-2023, 01:36 AM

stank hole can be for everyone. you just also have to remember to throw out your stankiest pair of socks to make room for your new pair. also, along with the stankhole cake, other food with holes works too.

*high fives for also not having a date in ages*... *ponders if that's really a thing to be high fiving*...

soooo ron swanson for so many reasons. he's no nonsense and knows what he loves and hates. he's very wise too. he and i share a similar dislike for being around people and a love for bacon. i also love his secret passion for puzzles and scavenger hunt type things... and his giggle. YOUR TURN!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Hiiii!!! Welcome indeed hello blast from the pasts. I love it. How're you?

Hello to all Sprinkles.

See, I love Valentines and such cause I always thought it was more about love in general vs purely romantic love. I totally bought my mum treats and flowers.
I'm good now, there was a couple really sketchy years in there but we made it through

Oh that's also an interesting view on V-day too. But I can agree to this! I always buy my mom, my sister, and my sisters kids treats too!

Quote:
This might be the best thing I have heard of in like a long time. I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
Cora: do you have like anatomically correct hearts around your apartment too?
My best friend bought me a couple as a joke, and she gets me a chocolate one for my birthday every year . So yes, I actually do!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-14-2023, 01:40 AM

oh nice! that's a friend with my kinda sense of humor

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 01:41 AM

Shes a doll and I absolutely adore her. She's got a dark sense of humor that only the best people get

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-14-2023, 01:43 AM

and what kinda things do you get her on her birthday?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 01:44 AM

I'm wearing a pair of socks with my left heel totally exposed because it ripped at work and I'm too lazy to take it off yet. So yes, I need new socks anyway.

I love Ron! There's so many moments with scenes of his that make me crack up. When he pulls out his 'tooth', all the Tammy 1 episodes (considering she's his actual wife in real life, it's just monumentally more hilarious). But if I had to pick one single character?

April. The growth of her character, but staying very close to her initial personality type was awesome to watch. She grew as a person but never left who she was to begin with, at least in my opinion. And well, given my Valentine's craft was dedicated to Lise, I just have a thing for those dark hearts and 'weird' individuals

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-14-2023, 01:49 AM

Yah , toss out your stankiest pair of old socks and buy a new pair of adorable stank free socks! I miss doing big ol Stank Hole Parties with Linny and our friends. *Shakes fist at the pandemic*

Poo poo to the cruddy years Cora. I'm glad they're behind yah!!

I am a toss up for Parks and Rec. I think Andy is adorable Burt Macklin, FBI.... Leslie and Ron's friendship is amazing too

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2023, 02:55 AM

Woody! You got a thread! Yeah baby!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-14-2023, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
and what kinda things do you get her on her birthday?
The most Lurid and bright pink princess stuff

---------- Post added 02-14-2023 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Poo poo to the cruddy years Cora. I'm glad they're behind yah!!
I think they were rough years for everyone honestly, due to the pandemic but having Cancer scares in the middle of a pandemic is particularly rough. But now, those years can just go in the "lets not think about that pile" Everyone is getting healthy, people can see each other again. Is good times

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-14-2023, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I am a toss up for Parks and Rec. I think Andy is adorable Burt Macklin, FBI.... Leslie and Ron's friendship is amazing too
Oh, I absolutely agree! Even if he insists they're 'workplace proximity associates' or something like that. My favorite moments are ... (hidden in case anyone hasn't seen the show and would like to)

Spoilers for Parks & Rec!X

When Ron stands up for Leslie at her wedding by punching Jamm in the face, and of course when Leslie is jumping up and down behind Ron and Diane when they have their quickie wedding. All time moment, though? In the last season, when they're locked in the old Parks department offices together and forced to reconcile their friendship.