Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 02-23-2023, 07:20 AM

Man, i struggled with a title. Oh well.

So we'll start with the beginning of the year.

Jan 1-10 i did not do much, but was still in slight disbelief about mene being back after so. Dang. LONG. I had fallen out of touch with talking to people, last year i found mene was close to dead with no one being able to contact inso, and was directed to Voltra. Voltra quickly became a decent replacement for mene while it was down, so I was able to come out of my shell and talk to people a bit more freely, so once menewsha came back, (hooray!) i felt comfortable enough to talk to people.

January 10th i lost one of my two jobs, and then was told that by the end of the year, i might be losing my other job, depending on what my sibling decides to do with their life. They want to move to seattle so they can have top and bottom surgery. They don't have the patience to wait a few years to save up money for the surgery where they live now, and it's not covered by their insurance. They are my night time job. If they move, their benefits and programs end, so therefore, my job ends.

We had saved enough money at that point that we were still able to pay our bills, and with the night job, i make enough money to pay for all of my bills save for buying groceries. my mom helps out a lot.

January like.... 22nd. I go to pick up food, notice the car overheating, immediately go to walmart and get coolant. no biggie. I figured, oh i guess i just ran out. oh well. So i put it in, and it fixes the issue. I keep an eye on it for a few days, seemed okay.

Feb 2nd, my 3 year wedding anniversary. We get up early because we have AP's to disney, so we planned on going to epcot and drinking around the world, and then going to dinner at a hotpot place. We leave qauarter after 8. It's an hour drive to disney. We're about 15 minutes away when the car started to lose power. I pull off to the side of i-4 and turn off the car. that's when i noticed it was smoking. I wait about 10 minutes thinking maybe it will cool down and we can drive it to pepboys. nope.

I call my mom, ask her what to do, she says have it towed to pepboys. I call pepboys, tell them what happened, they say to call the road ranger service and see if there's space on the shoulder of the interstate for a towtruck to safely get the car. I do that, road ranger comes, puts water in the coolant system, and asked me to try turning on the car. It does not turn over. He says it's safe there for a truck to come get us and that we're actually on a section of the interstate with what they call a wide shoulder because it's about 3 feet wider than the normal shoulder, so there's plenty of room.

We call pepboys back, they set up a tow for us, we wait. By now it's almost 10. So i get a text with a link to see the status of the tow truck. It says it's going to be a 2 hour wait. so we roll down the windows, and wait. Fortunately, it was a nice morning, and not the middle of summer. So 2 hours rolls by, we don't see the tow truck, so i call the number for the company. They say it's going to be about another hour to an hour and a half. I say okay and we wait a bit longer. Hour and about 20 minutes rolls by and the tow truck driver calls me and lets me know he's on his way, but it's going to be about another hour because of where he is taking the car he was picking up. Nothing to be done about it, i say okay, no worries, we're not going anywhere. And then we wait. He texted me to let me know when he was about 20-30 minutes out.

He finally arrives. The tow company has a sign on the truck that says no riders, but he said he can take us if we pay 35 dollars. no problem, we're not spending all of out money we saved up that day anyways, and there's no way a lyft or uber would pick us up where we were. So we got in his truck as he loaded up our car, and then away we went, 8 minutes away to pepboys. We get there, go inside, and talk to the desk people. They said it would probably be a bit before the mechanic could look at it because he was the only mechanic there (on his day off). We say okay, and explain about our anniversary plans (we had tshirts my MIL made us that say it's our 3rd anniversary. it was obvious what our plans were.) We wait some more, i call my mom and try to figure out a plan to a) get to disney and our dinner reservation, and b) get home. We go next door to enterprise to rent a car, but because enterprise requires a utility bill in my name, we can't rent one. That was frustrating. We go back to pepboys and are met half way by the front desk guy, who tells us bad news. our engine blew and we needed a new one, but it would probably be a day or so before we can get a new one installed, but for the price we might as well buy a newer car.

We go back inside and try to see if there's somewhere else we could rent a car. Not really. So the front desk lady says she has a private contractor that rents cars and i could call him and ask about it. I call. We COULD, but since my mom would be paying for it, we opted to have pep boys just get us a lyft to epcot. So we go outside, talk to head mechanic guy. He said yeahh, it's a goner. Head gasket blew and you might as well just get a new car for how much it would cost to replace. Also said some other things to my husband but i didn't really pay attention. he said something along the lines of when you see it over heating you need to take care of it immediately. I said i know, but it didn't even tell me it was overheating. and then he talked more to my husband, who told him about when i put coolant in it, and that there was probably a leak in the cooling system. He goes away.

We wait a few minutes longer, our lyft picks us up and takes us to epcot. We have a great driver who was really cool, and we have a fun time at epcot. We both got a new pair of ears (mine are the white tiana themed ones, and his were the 50th main attraction haunted mansion ones), and we also split a mystery grab bag for some more pins. We then have a few drinks. Started with an alcoholic drink at joy of tea in china, went to have a quick "lunch" in america at regal eagle and had a tennessee lemonade with it, then we went to mitsukoshi in japan, picked up new chopsticks and some candy and some seaweed snacks as well as a bottle of furikake. Then i realized my phone needed charging, so on our way back to china where we know is a working outlet, we stopped and got boozy snow cones which were amazing. After we finished our snowcones, we figured out transportation to our dinner reservation, and headed out of the park. We did stop by Choza de margarita and got another drink (the fiesta- has 3 flavors!), as well as stopping into first aid so i could get some tylenol. for some reason my arms hurt and it was annoyying me enough. So then we left, our lyft driver was nice, but quiet, and when we got to Volcano hotpot and kbbq, we had another drink each- i had lychee soju, and he had a japanese beer and some of my soju. We also had the best server ever. He was super nice, super fun, and had adorable mannerisms. Reminded me of a character in true beauty on webtoon. we Tipped him well. (like, 20% and then like 18 dollars in cash.) Then my mother in law came and picked us up. It ended really well.

A few days after, i started really looking at places to apply at, didn';t apply at any yet, looked into seeing about buying a new car and how to junk my old one. I got really anxious and depressed at that point because we can't afford a new car right now- my credit is too low and my income is not high enough. My mom decided at that point that i need to be able to at least run to the grocery store or gas station and bought me an ebike, which is pretty nice, even though they sent the basket separately, which was odd to me. She's also bought me a lot of accessories for it, like a lock (came a day or two after we got the bike), reflective spoke cover things, holographic stickers to put on my helmet, an additional rear bike light (super bright) a light up sash, and a bike alarm. she also bought me a water bottle holder, and some pepper spray. I'm sure there's something else she bought that i'm forgetting, too. (she makes a lot more money than me, so she's willing to help. Plus her love language is gift giving.)
To help with my depression, Tyi bought me Hogwarts Legacy. I love it. it's a great game.

My mom has been talking to me about her trip in april to come see us and planning for that. So she calls me almost every day, and if she doesn't call, she'll shoot me a message.

Most of my days are the same at this point. Get up, apply at a few places, make dinner, play hogwarts or inscryption with my friend (who owns the game lol), go to bed. I'm hoping to find a job that's flexible enough for me so that i can take the 10 days off to spend with my mom.

Hopefully i'll remember to come back to this thread if anything else happens, but i'm forgetful, so we will see.

Username Pronunciation: Al-oh-reh-nuh
Ping me please!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 02-24-2023, 10:34 AM

Today was uneventful, just played games and job searched and talked with my girlfriend. I also went to 7-11 tonight and ended up falling off my bike because i lost balance because i was trying to balance a pizza on my handlebars. I'm okay though, just a little sore on my leg and my back hurts a little. My pride is hurt more than i am though, because the new guy at 7-11 was outside when i fell and came over and helped me up. He was nice though.