ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:33 PM

Thank you to everyone who professed their love through crafts and drafts this event! It really was so sweet to see what you all came up with, I'm always amazed by the creativity of my fellow Menewshans. Now, let’s get to the heart of the matter.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:34 PM

Before we get into the prizes, here’s a rundown of our contest stats: (thanks to x. for the idea!)

• Total number of entries: 8

• Total number drafted: 4

• Total number crafted: 4

• Participants who submitted the most entries total: PWEEP, R u b y & x.
with a total of 2 entries each

• Total number of distinct NPCs who received a valentine: 7
• NPC who received the most valentines: Yumeh
• Entry featuring the highest number of NPCs:
x.’s drawing for the grey-eyed twins,
and Kent’s letter from Vicky to the Mayor.

• Total number of participants in the contest: 5

• Total number of posters in the thread: 13
• Number of posts not by the ghost host: 79

• Final page count: 5

We were not the longest thread this event. Damn you, Cupid Roulette!! 17 pages… we never stood a chance

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-10-2023 at 12:03 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:36 PM

And now, for the prizes! These will be awarded by our very own Magnus, so keep an eye on your inbox/trades.

The following participants crafted and drafted their hearts out, giving us an entry for both categories:
PWEEP: R u b y: x.:

You will receive the Valentine Card EI from 2018, I hope you make some avis with it that are as beautiful as your entries

The first poster in the thread passed on their prize to our second poster….
R a n d e h: !

You win 250g

Our final poster beat out their competition by one minute! Now that’s good timing.
salvete:

You win 500g

Our top poster came out on top with a total of 24 posts Impressive!
R u b y:

You win 1000g

Now onto the juicy stuff… keep scrolling for our contest winners…

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-10-2023 at 12:06 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:37 PM

DRAFTED

Drafted Honorable Mention:
R u b y:

What a sweet silly little poem for a sweet silly little cat! This ode to Yumeh really put a smile on the staff’s face.

You will receive the Valentine Cruise Ticket Standard EI from 2013… I hope you’re heading someplace warm!

Drafted 2nd Place:
x.:

Two very under appreciated characters finally receive their due representation in this entry from x. The lineart is so flowy and liquid, and the eyes really pop. It only makes sense that these two would place second.

You will receive the Wildhearts EI from 2013… quick, the grey twins blew you a kiss, try and catch it!

Drafted 1st Place
PWEEP:

This was just such a fun entry, it makes me wanna shake my moneymaker! I love seeing such underground NPCs receive the love they deserve, and this entry really made a Mango fan out of me! The rhyme scheme really kept the rhythm moving, and the word choice was just so colorful. Great job!

You will receive the Baka Sempai CI from 2014… b-baka, i-it’s n-not l-like i-i l-liked y-your e-entry…..

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-10-2023 at 12:06 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:38 PM

CRAFTED

Crafted Honorable Mention:
PWEEP:

This entry had literal blood, sweat, and tears poured into it, and Lise thinks that’s pretty badass. Unfortunately, after receiving this gorgeous amulet crafted out of such innovative supplies, Lise disappeared into the woods, last seen wearing a dark cloak, clutching a cauldron, with the amulet gleaming on her chest…. hmm… better keep an eye on that

You will receive the special NPC item Mr Mayor's Crafting Adventure… but is it really the craft made by the mayor, or a mimic alchemized by Lise under the full blood moon?

Crafted 2nd Place:

We have a three-way tie!
R u b y: Alorrena: PWEEP:

All three of you put in the hard work and dedication to earn yourselves second place! The staff was torn between the three of you, and ultimately decided that all of you deserve the prize!

Alorrena, your quilt looked like it took so much time and care, I could really see how much effort it was, and I was very impressed that it was your first project of that size! The colors definitely matched AfroDonkey well, and I know that I would be thrilled to receive such a cozy valentine.

Each of you will receive the Wedding Arch EI from 2014… now, don’t rush off and elope!

Crafted 1st Place:
R u b y:

It’s like pixel art come to life! This cross-stitch pattern had so much love and care put into each square, and I was amazed it was done in the short time frame of the event. The colors were so well-matched to the actual existing Yumeh items on the site, and just really captured the spirit of this contest. Yumeh and I can feel the love!

You will receive the Cozy Afternoon CI from February 2016… better get a lint roller!

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-10-2023 at 12:07 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:38 PM

Thank you all for participating and posting! I hope to see you all soon for the next event

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 11:39 PM

THREAD OPEN

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-10-2023, 12:26 AM

Oh, no, I know what that cauldron is for. Lise is going to try eating me again! I'm older and wiser now! You can't tell me it's a hot tub anymore!

I had such a fun time with this event! Thank you, hosts all, for giving us an opportunity to get together in a colloquial fashion once again! Looking forward to the next one

And I'm eager to try a new outfit with new items I've never had before. Sorry, Dexter, big sis might have to go

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-10-2023, 12:56 AM

i love this implication that you've avoided Lise eating you at least once before what do they say? love bites.

i'm excited to see what you make!! Dexter and Dee Dee will live on in infamy.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM

I did! She tried! By escaping, I think that's why she gifted me the Bertie Bear! So, to appreciate that, I made her an amulet.

Really, she did, see?!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-10-2023, 02:16 AM

Pweep's got the receipts!! i'd better watch out, i've heard nothing goes better with human soup than a ghost pastry

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-10-2023, 02:33 AM

Congratulations, everyone!!! I didn't even realize that I would win a prize lol

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 03-10-2023, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
CRAFTED

Crafted Honorable Mention:
PWEEP:

This entry had literal blood, sweat, and tears poured into it, and Lise thinks that’s pretty badass. Unfortunately, after receiving this gorgeous amulet crafted out of such innovative supplies, Lise disappeared into the woods, last seen wearing a dark cloak, clutching a cauldron, with the amulet gleaming on her chest…. hmm… better keep an eye on that

You will receive the special NPC item Mr Mayor's Crafting Adventure… but is it really the craft made by the mayor, or a mimic alchemized by Lise under the full blood moon?

Crafted 2nd Place:

We have a three-way tie!
R u b y: Alorrena: PWEEP:

All three of you put in the hard work and dedication to earn yourselves second place! The staff was torn between the three of you, and ultimately decided that all of you deserve the prize!

Alorrena, your quilt looked like it took so much time and care, I could really see how much effort it was, and I was very impressed that it was your first project of that size! The colors definitely matched AfroDonkey well, and I know that I would be thrilled to receive such a cozy valentine.

Each of you will receive the Wedding Arch EI from 2014… now, don’t rush off and elope!

Crafted 1st Place:
R u b y:

It’s like pixel art come to life! This cross-stitch pattern had so much love and care put into each square, and I was amazed it was done in the short time frame of the event. The colors were so well-matched to the actual existing Yumeh items on the site, and just really captured the spirit of this contest. Yumeh and I can feel the love!

You will receive the Cozy Afternoon CI from February 2016… better get a lint roller!
Aww thank you so much Ghost and staff! I appreciate your kind words immensely

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 03-10-2023, 09:52 AM

Hoho! Thank you everyone for your participation! And thank you ghostPastry for your help running an official Menewsha Event Thread! I appreciate your patience everyone. The results ended up getting delayed by staff but ghostPastry was unwavering in their dedication to bringing the event and everything you see here in the shortest time possible

Prizes have been awarded to everyone! (I do hope I got the correct prizes to everyone)

Ahh... PWEEP:... Watch out for Lise hmm? *chuckels*

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-10-2023, 07:20 PM

Ruby totally deserved 1st place for that perfect rendition of Yumeh. > w<

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 03-10-2023, 10:58 PM

Thank you! I could go on and on about that quilt, honestly. I had no true pattern, and i got lucky with the amount of fabric i needed because i bought the fabric before knowing how much i'd need XD It was also my first time making a quilt, and i had little to no guidance other than youtube videos Half the time i had no clue on how it was going to turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Ruby totally deserved 1st place for that perfect rendition of Yumeh. > w<
She really did! It made me think it was a premade design, but she made it all herself! I am in awe of her talent!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-10-2023, 11:35 PM

Oh I'll mind my P's and Q's, don't you worry about that Magnus

Thank you again, staff and hosts! Much appreciate all the work that went into creating the threads, maintaining them, and giving out prizes afterwards. I'll be playing around with a new outfit tonight, I'm sure

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-13-2023, 12:51 PM

I didn't even know there was a first poster prize HAHA! Thank you Ghosty!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-14-2023, 06:22 PM

Congrats to everyone.

Thaks for hosting.