Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 08-17-2017, 06:44 PM

"Okay," Vanessa said, nodding. Settling her bag properly on her shoulders, she went over and picked up the egg. It was heavier than she expected it to be, and she took a moment to figure out how to carry it comfortably. It would be so much easier to just put it into an incubator, but she didn't want to send any of her team back home, not when she was in an unfamiliar part of an unfamiliar region. Once she had the egg settled, she turned to Amaya.

"Come on," she said, "may as well head towards town."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 PM

"Sounds like a plan. Just let me know when you want to switch," Amaya replied while silently hoping they wouldn't have to deal with the waterfalls again.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 PM

"I will," Vanessa said. With that, she turned and finally headed for the exit of the cave, egg in her arms. She sighed once she got out into the sunlight. "Ahh, that's nice."

Last edited by Mageling; 08-17-2017 at 11:43 PM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-17-2017, 11:40 PM

(I thought her name was Vanessa)

"Oh thank goodness...we don't have to go back over the waterfalls" Amaya exclaimed as they exited the cave, the sunlight hitting her skin. She was also glad to feel the warmth of the sun on her body once again.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 PM

(It is, sometimes I get names mixed up across different threads. it's fixed now.)

Vanessa laughed a bit.

"Nope, not this time," she said. "Only if we wanted to go back to Kanto from here. Hopefully we'll be able to find a map of Johto soon, though, so I have an idea of what the region is like."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 AM

(Fair enough. I've had that happen to me before)

"Alright good," she replied as she made her way to be at her partner's side. "The falls were definitely a challenge, but not something I want to do if we don't have to. Glaceon can only do so much after all," she replied, silently hoping that the Professor had an extra map lying around. It would be nice to not be wandering around blind. "You know...I heard a rumor about Johto, something about Beauty Contests or something along those lines"

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 08-18-2017 at 12:39 AM..

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-18-2017, 12:12 AM

(Amaya doesn't have a Vaporeon? it was a Glaceon, i thought?)

Vanessa thought about that.

"No, I don't think so, I think that's Hoenn," she said, shaking her head. "I mean, I could be wrong, we'll have to ask once we get to town."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 AM

(I fixed it. Guess we're both having errors tonight lol)

"It's possible" Amaya said with a light laugh. "And I think we should definitely ask about that, as well as what this egg is. No egg is normally this big..."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-18-2017, 11:40 PM

"Seriously," Vanessa agreed, looking at the egg now that they were out in the light. "I've never seen anything like it. I don't recognize the pattern, we don't really have anything this color in Kanto."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-18-2017, 11:54 PM

"Same here. I've never seen an egg that big or with a pattern like that. We may just have to wait until we get into town or it hatches," Amaya replied. "Though I wonder what those Rocket grunts wanted with this egg..."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 12:20 AM

"Whatever they wanted, it can't be good," Vanessa said. "We can ask around when we get to town, see if anyone knows about any Rocket activity."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-19-2017, 12:38 AM

"I think that's after we go to the PokeCenter, see about getting our partners healed up," she replied. "After that, definitely." She added, knowing that they would need answers to a lot of things about the region.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 12:53 AM

Vanessa nodded.

"Sounds like a plan to me," she said. She grinned. "Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to a hot shower once we get to the pokemon center. Maybe even a cot for the night."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 AM

"Yes, hot shower. A very long, hot shower. It would be amazing after those waterfalls," Amaya said wistfully. "Then hopefully a cot for the night. Though I think we should add food somewhere in-between shower and sleep."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 10:31 PM

"I'm sure we can find something to eat," Vanessa said. "If absolutely nothing else, the pokemon center should have vending machines, and I have some travel rations in my bag."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 PM

"Won't be the healthiest of options, but I'm sure I can live," she replied with a light laugh. "But at least we have a plan of attack. Now all we have to do is find a town. New Bark Town, I think its called"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 11:28 PM

Vanessa nodded.

"Yeah, New Bark Town," she said. "I read a little about it before I decided to cross the Falls. It's the first town most foreign trainers hit when they come west from Kanto, unless they decide to sail around the coasts from Vermilion to Olivine. It's small, but I've heard it's nice."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-20-2017, 12:13 AM

"But sailing is boring" Amaya said with a smirk. "Besides, we need to go and see the professor anyways for that, see exactly what it is. Though I do have a question. What happens when it hatches? Do we co-own the pokemon, whoever it hatches with, or something else?" she asked, honestly curious.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 PM

"Hell if I know," Vanessa replied with a bit of a shrug. "I think we should wait until it hatches and then decide from there. I mean, we don't even know what it is."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-20-2017, 11:50 PM

"Fair point," Amaya replied. "As long as they're not in the hands of those Rockets," she added with a scowl.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-21-2017, 12:53 AM

Vanessa snorted.

"No Rocket is going to get through me," she said. "I'll make sure of it."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 AM

"I know that my Umbreon wouldn't mind taking out a few more members," Amaya replied honestly, before seeing what looked like the top of a building.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-22-2017, 12:36 AM

"I bet," Vanessa said, nodding. She grinned when she saw the first rooftops of town. "Well, that walk wasn't too bad. Even Route 8 is worse than that, and that just connects Saffron to Lavender."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-22-2017, 01:49 AM

"You're right, that wasn't bad at all. Kanto's paths are definitely longer," she admitted. "So...what first?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 AM

Vanessa weighed their options.

"See if we can find the professor, first," she finally said. "Have this egg looked at. I don't want to bring it into the pokemon center with us, at least not before we know what it is, just in case there are any trainers there who get too curious about it."