Chryssta
Forgotten Member of society

Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 AM

Hi to you that reads this! A little background on these characters before the bios for them:

The vampire was originally made for a friend's RP forum site, to take place in a mansion of similar vampires like himself. He has only been tweaked enough to evolve as all things do over time.

The werewolf was made rather recently for an RP on Gaia that my friend was starting (before she got busy IRL). He hasn't evolved much, his breed changed a bit, a little of his history changed, but not much else.

I prefer that you that joins me will use paragraph style, Literate level posts, but it's not required.

My post will be the start of the RP.

If you wanna post a character description, please put it in this thread.

Please Note: There are two factors for me that will make for slow(ish) replies.
One: I'm on dialup. It's not slow, per se... But compared to broadband and satellite, it crawls.
Two: I tend to make long replies, and when there are two characters that I'm replying for, they get longer. Lots of detail to the posts.

I really can't help either of them go faster. I've tried, the end result is cruddy at best.

This type of RP really should be one on one, but I kinda wanted to see several people interacting with my characters, testing them out and such. Using multiple characters for just two players gets tedious after awhile... Kinda don't want that.

PLEASE NOTE: This is set in a world where many different kinds of vampires exist. It's not just day walkers, shifters, or even the average leech. Many types exist here, including the aforementioned, as well as every other kind ever thought up. The same goes for the Werewolves. It's not just the moon controlled ones that live here, but all forms of wolves. Be they permanant, moon shifters, free shifters, or anything else. Chances are, you'll find them here.

Time setting: Roughly 3250 AD. Think 'end of the world' without everything being all doomsday-ish. Technology isn't much further than now, but mechanics-technology has sky rocketed. Robotics are for the super rich, but the average person still has to work for his meals. Vampires and werewolves run around unchecked, save for the random hunters.

Place: Americana setting, middle of nowhere, some deserted seeming location.

Note: Both of my characters ride bikes that are from the 'now'. I would like to think that the RP is not set in a 'future' time, but in a parallel time that happens to be further along than this time, but with similar vehicles from our time now. In other words, this is set in a world where the odd is the norm, and the average is unheard of.

Make sense?

Last edited by Chryssta; 01-25-2010 at 03:50 AM..

Chryssta

Old 01-25-2010, 03:43 AM

General
Name: Derrick
Vampiric age: 247 years
Total age: 272 years (vamp+human)
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 152lb
Eyes: left eye is golden green and the right eye is silver blue

Looks
Complexion: lightly pale
Hair: Spiked black with crimson tips
Piercings: None yet
Tattoos: Bladed tiger paw on his left back shoulder (What it looks like)
Attire: Black jeans with a black belt and a black shirt covered by a knee length black jacket and black combat boots
Drives: Black and green Kawasaki Ninja with a green bio-hazard symbol on either side of the tank (What it looks like)

Attitude
On life: Let it be and watch as it crumbles away
On Vampires: A darkly romantic bunch, I wonder how I got here
Outward attitude: He basically doesn't give a damn about too much. His general attitude is to just shrug off whatever is happening. If it isn't happening to him, then it's not really worth worrying about.
Inward attitude: Life seemed to have had more meaning when he was human, but now... The only thing he really loves, is being able to turn into a tiger and prowl through the dark.
Orientation: Bi

Quirks: He believes many of the old myths about vampires and what can kill them, such as a wooden or silver stake to the heart. He tends to use some of this when he can for hunting purposes. He knows these won't kill him, should they be tried on him.
While he knows that sunlight isn't deadly, he still tends to shy away from it, preferring the darkness (as a vampire).

Tiger form
Eyes: Same as vampire
Coat Colors: Black base with red stripes
Height On quad: 3ft to shoulder
Length: 5'7" (Tail 3' long)

Quirks of tiger form: He tends to like fresh meat, generally when hunted and killed by his own claws. He prefers staying in the shadows when he can, whether he's out at night or during the day (the sun doesn't bother him in his sub-form).

Derrick's history: He was bitten by a guy that he'd known for about four months but hadn't known the guy was a vampire. Two weeks after he was turned, a hunter of "everything not human" killed Derrick's sire when Derrick ran from the mansion in a terrified panic. Derrick doesn't remember what scared him, but he remembers fleeing, finding the hunter by accident, having led Dorjan to him, watching his sire killed, and then running back to the mansion. He didn't know he'd led the hunter to his clan until half of them were dead and the other half were fleeing.
When he was taking his revenge on the human, he hunted him down in tiger form, then killed him as a vampire. From problems in his shifter past, what with all the other vampires from his sire's clan blaming Derrick for his sire's death, he's developed some serious trust issues. Finding out the guy who turned him had lied about vampiric powers of immortality and 'dark gifts', only deepened his issues. His only gifts are shifting and enhanced fighting abilities (with immortality of course).

Post Color: Dark red

~X~

Name: Jonathon (Johnny)
Species: Free Shifting Werewolf
Description/personality/info:
Eyes: Azure blue
Hair: Brown shoulder-length ponytail
Height: Roughly 5'-8"
Orientation: Bi
Attitude: Distrustful mostly. He remains hopeful that the future will hold his happiness. He's on the lookout for the perfect mate, though he has a hard time trusting anyone until they prove themselves before him.
History: His family was infiltrated by an outsider, by someone that turned the pack against itself. The family destroyed itself through mistrust, lies, and pain.

That was when he was still a teenager though. He spent five years on the run, running from wolves and vampires alike, running from those that hunted him, and running from his own fears of his past happening again.

He is a rogue wolf looking for a home.

Quirks: Even though he can shift anytime he wants, he usually chooses to stay human, choosing to shift to hunt when there's not human food available, or to fight when it can't be avoided. He travels around on a bike he had bought and restored before his family went nuts: an all black Ducati. Picture it in all black with no logos

Weapons: Green Plasma sword with a titanium hilt and a couple sets of throwing knives. The sword has drawbacks, as it's not a perfect design. It was made by a friend when Johnny was a teenager. The 'blade' is pure plasma radiation and as such, it burns the arm of it's wielder. Also as such, Johnny won't let anyone touch it besides himself. The radiation from the blade also causes his wolven fur to glow greenish yellow when he shifts after using the sword. Anyone around him will be affected by the radiation as well.

Post Color: Navy Blue

Last edited by Chryssta; 02-08-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Bio Tweaks

Chryssta

Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 AM

RP has been started! You can find it here: Clickies!

Last edited by Chryssta; 01-25-2010 at 03:54 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 AM

The only problem I have right now. Is trying to figure out which vampire character of mine I'd wanna toss in the rp.

Chryssta

Old 01-25-2010, 04:48 AM

Did I explain everything so it makes sense, Kry? I was trying not to confuse people, but I wasn't sure if I typed it up clearly or not.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 AM

So are there still humans around or no?

Chryssta

Old 01-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Yes. Humans are around. They live life the way they always have, mostly oblivious to the night life. There are several humans who are hunters of vamps and wolves. Like bounty hunters.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Ok :) I'll be a human then.

Name: Kyla Gryffter
Species: Human

Appearance
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dirty blond and placed in a messy ponytail.
Height: 5' 5"
Clothes: Worn denim blue jeans and a white T-shirt, tan leather jacket with matching tan cowboy boots, and a white and brown cowboy hat.

Other Info
Bio: Born to a hardworking family, Kyla already knew of the hardships of the world at a young age. Although they weren't poor, she already had to help out in the family business at the tender age of 8. They lived as farmers, planting a variety of crops in the meager fields they had. Life had been alright until a drought struck the area and her family was forced to shut down their farm and move to the nearest city. There they switched to running a mechanics shop and repaired broken machines from old tractors to new-fangled robots, rarities even in the city. Kyla, however, joined a construction company when she turned 19 and has been surveying potential construction sights since then.
Personality: Practical, hardworking, and independent. Nothing seems to bother the woman much as she has handled many stressful situations in her short life. Even fending off rogue werewolf or vampire attacks doesn't make her flinch.
Orientation: Straight

Post Color: Sienna

Last edited by MintyRey; 02-08-2010 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Sienna from now on...

Chryssta

Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Yay! Now if Kry can figure out which vampire to use... *looks hopeful* And if anyone else would be so kind as to join in too? Lots of vampires and werewolves and food would be fun!

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-25-2010, 10:10 PM

Name:
Virsat Andarias Tidar
Nickname:
Andy, or Virdar
Looks 20 but is really close to 150 years old.
Appearance:
[Click]
Mark:
[Click] The mark is as plain as the nose on his face, and just as visible. Resting directly under his right eye.
Race:
Vampire
Bio:
Virsat lived with an older vampire for a long time. He was treated almost like a slave..but it was the only home he knew. His parents died when he was very young and a man who called himself only Tidar took him in, for lack of a better word, raised him and eventually made him into a Vampire. Tidar's death remains a mystery to Virsat, but he had felt it when the Vampire died..he had felt the pain, had heard the scream in his own ears, as if he had been there. Though Virsat had not been there. Tidar died miles away when he was out hunting one night. Virsat took Tidar's name as his own, so as to never forget the man that...raised..him, though a tremendous weight felt as if it had lifted from Virsat's shoulders with Tidar's death and he felt what the word freedom truly meant.
Personality:
He is a kind person that doesn't really like to hurt other people. He has a gentle nature, but can fight a little.
Abilities:
Good at cooking, cleaning, and basic 'housewife' type things. He has the ability to move extremly fast, it almost seems as if he vanished and reappeared somewhere else. He has heightened senses and can jump really high but not quite high enough to land on the roof of a two story building.
Weaknesses:
Sunlight (although sunlight will not kill him, it makes him tired and weakens his senses and strength some), and pure silver.
Post Color:
Dark Orchid

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 AM

Aww! He's cute! Kinda sounds like he could be related to Kenji and Merisa...

I can't wait till my boys get the run around.

So we has a hunter and a house wife? This could prove to be fun. ^_^

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 AM

Being a housewife is fun. ^_^ You get pretty aprons and everything. lol

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-26-2010, 01:22 AM

And being a hunter is fun. :D You get meat. But my charrie's not a hunter though she does have the skills of one :)

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 AM

Poor Johnny... And he's been traveling all night too...

Oh, Kry-kun, Kawasaki Ninja motorcycles have a whine to them, but they aren't really loud. Like big mosquitoes.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-26-2010, 02:04 AM

They're loud enough.

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 AM

I suppose if you're a vamp, they'd be louder too... I'll take a wild stab in the dark and assume that Derrick is either deaf after all these years of riding it, or he plugs his ears somehow.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 AM

Or, he could just be used to it. -shrugs- finds it comforting somehow in a weird way.

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 AM

Gah, I completely forgot Derrick didn't drink blood... He turns tiger and eats his kills, usually an animal of some kind, like a deer or cow. I imagine he'd let a blood sucker drain his kill, if the other vamp could deal with a ravaged kill. ^_^

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 AM

Heh. It's okay. Virsat doesn't like killing humans.

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 AM

Neither does Derrick. Brings back bad memories best forgotten.

Like I said, i like giving my poor characters bad histories... ^_^

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
((Derrick wants to kill your NPCs. May he? He is rather hungry, after all.))
Be my guest :D And sorry for the short notice but I gotta get off now :sweat: You can control the rogues if you want. Goodnight guys :)

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 AM

Well, least the woman is knocked out...

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Really really sorry about my odd computer schedule :sweat: Not much I can do about it at this point...

Chryssta

Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Why are you worrying about it? Your characters seem to be able to attain sleep or brooding silence like no one I've ever seen before! Sides, it's not like I'm on all the time either, nor is Kry. It happen and it seems to be working pretty well with the RPs.

I'm sure you'd noticed that we wait for you when we need your chara's input. And you and me have moments where Kry isn't on.

So really, don't worry so much about it. Its all cool.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 PM

Thanks :D By the way, are you guys planning on staying in the barn until sunset or leaving for the mansion while it's still dark out? I just finished typing up a long/longer than usual post and I wanna edit any discrepancies before I submit it.