SomebodyYouDontKnow
Mitchys Gurl

Old 02-27-2010, 01:04 AM

I recently drew this picture of wonderful little miss Miku Hatsune. I'm well aweare the marker in the pig tails is screwy but sides that can any one give me some feed back, good or bad? =3

Pwetty, no?

akhmonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2010, 02:42 AM

i don't mean to be rude but one of the eyes does look a bit funky but otherwise beautiful i love miku!

RyaLee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to RyaLee

Old 02-27-2010, 03:33 AM

her eyes are a little off center and her legs are noodley. It's also hard to see the sleeves since they're the same colour as the rest of it so it looks like her hands are coming out of her crotch XD just darken the skirt and middle part of the shirt a little [they'd be in shadow anyway]

The detailing is pretty just get some broader tipped markers for colouring big spaces

Kiriran

Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 AM

The eyes need a little work. But otherwise it's really good. The marker marks(lol) don't look to bad.

Kirrii Araasan

Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Work on the face shape a little; it looks a bit asymmetrical. And maybe do something to make the sleeves easier to see. At first glance, I thought her arms were inside her dress and coming out of her skirt. The legs need a little work too.
But the coloring, aside from the marker issue you're already aware of, is really nice. Very good work overall^^

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 02-28-2010, 08:08 AM

I actually appreciate that you kept the stroke of the markers in one direction.
What brand of markers did you use?

. o. Also, why is she green all over? Like her skin
I like it. The pose and all is very adorable. The details are pretty good too =]

Sharpen up a bit on anatomy - her legs seem noodly and her fingers seem to just be sharp straight lines - which of course isn't the case with fingers, even cartoon ones ^ ^
Work on cleaner line work, and keep the line work inside of the face thinner. It's kind of thick for the should-be-soft details like the nose, eyes, mouth and eyelid marks.

Oh, you can add a bolder thicker line on any part of her that touches the outside - so bolden the outer line work. It will make it look neater and make her pop out more as well - although this works especially well when you have a background of some sort.
For future reference too, if she were in some dynamic pose, where she would have her arm or something stretched out towards us, you also usually thicken the linework for that limb to make it pop out even closer to us, if you get what I mean.

Keep it up, and keep improving ! ^ ^