PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 AM

Harlan laughed. "That's pretty much what I expected." His mirth settled into quiet contentment. "I know you're busy, and have a lot of things going on. Because of my schedule being so flexible, it's no trouble at all to meet you when you're available." Which was something Harlan had said when they'd first started their meet ups, but for some reason he felt the need to repeat it. Things were changing, and perhaps he felt the need to remind Jayde that not everything would be dragged outside of their normal routine.

--

Fane's eyebrows lifted in false consternation when Axel mentioned his almost famous parties. "Am I going to have to stop by and check on you after your parties? Who knows what your fans could get up to if they snuck into one of your bashes!" A quirk of Fane's lips into an almost smile were a sure sign that he was teasing.

"But speaking of parties, I did say earlier I'd take you up on that offer to dance. I keep my word, so just tell me if you want to do that now, or some other time." Fane shrugged. "It doesn't matter ... too much, if it's now or later." He did dread the thought of being invited to dance together in public again, but he would do it, if Axel decided that was when he wanted to make Fane keep his word.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2020, 07:23 PM

The faint smile stayed on Jayde's face. He couldn't even say why he felt the need to smile now. "Alright. Then, like usual, I'll text you when I'm free." After another second of staring at the other man, he sighed and drooped his shoulders with a hand dragging through his hair. "I should get going now though. Things are messy and I probably owe Axel an apology. You should enjoy your night at the club just like you intended to as well. I wouldn't want to keep you."

~~

Axel barked out a short laugh. "Only if you want to be my partner for the night!" he exclaimed. Not that Fane would be the first to check up on him after parties, but it was such an absurd notion. It only left people's eyebrows furrowed in disapproval, words grinding past Axel's ears without doing a thing. Didn't they ever think that he partied the way he did because he needed it, not just because it was fun?

However, Fane's next words pulled him dizzyingly back to reality. "Excuse me?" He learned further over the door, one eyebrow arched into the blue fringe of his hair. He glanced around, almost as if he expected some kind of set up. There was no one around though and yet he leaned all the way into the car so he could lower his voice. "You want to dance now?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-18-2020, 04:49 PM

Harlan moved forward to try and give Jayde a quick hug, before he could change his mind about it. He hestitated, and gave the other man every chance to move away, to deny the affectionate gesture. It wasn't like either of them were used to holding each other, or even having actual conversations.

"I'll be looking forward to hearing from you," said Harlan. Whether the hug succeeded or not, he planned to walk away and disappear into the night club again. He did actually feel like dancing, from sheer joy that Jayde was willing to at least give a relationship a chance. He knew that everything was early yet, between them, but he hoped that they might build something amazing together.

--------

"I told you I would dance with you, and I keep my word." Fane twisted his key, shutting off the car. He kept his eyes on Axel, an unwavering gaze that might have been a little unnerving, if only because his attention was entirely focused on the other man. "The main reason I said no before was because I find you attractive, and keeping a professional distance with you seemed like the best thing for our working relationship." Fane sighed. "After what happened earlier, getting more personal doesn't seem like such a bad thing."

Fane chuckled to himself before speaking again. "But, don't expect me to do this all the time! And not in front of an audience either, I at least want to keep my image professional. Besides, I wouldn't want to make your fans jealous."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2020, 05:58 PM

Jayde didn't even consider moving out of the reach of Harlan's arms, though he didn't return the hug. Still, even this much left a thrill of warmth rushing through him, leaving behind a strange sense of belonging. It really had been a while hadn't it? Jayde shook his head, keeping his smile carefully in place, though it didn't reach his eyes. He pulled back from the hug, murmuring his own farewell before he watched Harlan walk away. The shadows seemed to move back into place around Jayde, but that was fine. He'd gotten used to them and it let him steel his nerves, knowing there was still a long night ahead.

~~

Axel swallowed, trying to keep the sudden rush of...something from showing on his face. How could Fane be like this though? So intense and so completely under Axel's skin after just a few meetings that it wasn't fair at all. "You..." He licked his lips as he stepped back from the car, then shook his head with another wild laugh.

"Shit! You really keep surprising me! Seriously, were you this much of a devil in disguise from the start? Guys like you should come with a warning!" His smile turned fond though as he waved Fane toward the walk up to the front door as he fished out his keys. "But hey, who am I to complain? I might even fall in love with a personality gap like that!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 PM

Fane burst out laughing, even as he was locking up his car and sliding out to follow Axel. "You're making me sound like a Britney Spears song!" The thought made Fane uncomfortable in a way. He couldn't ever recall being called a devil, if anything most of the people he had liaisons with spoke of him being too serious, and perhaps a little too intense. Perhaps that was why no one had ever seemed to want to stick around.

"I didn't think I was acting so differently than I did before either," said Fane as he reached the door. Was he really that incongruous in how he interacted with people?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2020, 11:57 PM

Fane was most definitely not someone out of a Brittney Spears song so he had to hold back yet another too-real laugh. Fane would drive him crazy with humor like this. "Perhaps you're not acting all the different, but somehow you still surprise me. I expected..." Axel expected someone he wouldn't want to get along with. He liked Fane though. Even opened his door wide to let the man into his home, figuratively and literally, when he would normally shut all people out after an episode like he had earlier.

After flipping on a few lights, Axel headed straight for the kitchen where he pulled a bottle of vodka out of the freezer and poured himself a shot. After all, he still had the vomit taste in his mouth and water just wouldn't quite cut it. "Anyway, make yourself at home. You want a drink?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-24-2020, 12:27 PM

The house was cleaner then Fane had expected, what with the talk of all the wild parties Axel had mentioned earlier. A maid service probably took care of all the mess on a regular basis though. Fane found himseld chuckling a bit when Axel mentioned that the manager surprised him, not words Fane would have expected to hear from the rock star.

He followed Axel into the kitchen, and watched him pull a bottle of something from the freezer. "Ah, just a small glass. I'll need to have full use of my sense when I drive home later." Fane wondered what kind of dancing they would do, what kind of music Axel would choose. The rock star was sure to have an amazing sound system somewhere in the house.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2020, 11:42 PM

Grinning, Axel poured Fane a glass of the vodka and then another shot for himself. "Cheers!" After he downed his second shot, he lounged back on the counter, his eyes roving over Fane. It was strange. The guy wasn't bad looking, but he was nothing to catch Axel's eye. Not that he was exactly discerning when it came to his partners or whomever he felt like chasing. It was just...people like Fane weren't the type to get under his skin. He was still raw and itchy inside from what happened earlier, but it was pushed down now at the thought of what he could gain.

"So...you really just want to dance with me?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-27-2020, 01:36 AM

Fane echoed Axel's movement, lifting the glass up with a smile before downing it.He made a small face, because straight vodka was not his preferred drink. The blond set the glass down beside the ones Axel had taken, and he took the opportunity to look at the other man.Attractive was hardly the best word to describe Axel, altought it would certainly do.

"Can dancing really be trivialized?" Smiling still, Fane found himself laughing a bit. "I do really want to dance with you, and I also want to get to know you better.So I guess it's not just about the dancing..."
Fear and niggling doubt lingered at the back of his mind. Fane could see himself getting entangled with Axel all too easily, and didn't want to think about how such a development might affect how he worked with the band.

The band as a whole had hired him, and he supposed if something ever did develop with the rock star, he would just have to let the band decide whether they still wanted him as a manager. But ... Fane knew he was worrying too much over something that would probably never happen. Axel had so many people hovering around him, he could have anyone at all! It seemed like the last person he would choose was his new manager.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-02-2020, 07:27 PM

Axel didn't even try to hide his smirk. It seemed like Fane really did just have pure things in his mind even if Axel's constantly swirled with dark and impure thoughts. Pushing away from the counter, he stepped into Fane's space, leaving only a scant inch between their chests. It left his breath coming out warm and a little heavy so near the other man, the alcohol creating enough of a haze to make it easy.

"I see. Well, if you really want to get to know me, then you'll have to work real hard," he drawled as he lifted one hand to draw it down the other man's chest. He left it, resting just below the sternum. "A dance won't be enough. But..." Another quick flash of a smirk. "It's a good start."

With that, he switched his grip to Fane's hand and pulled him toward the living room and large space that would serve their current plans well.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-04-2020, 05:26 PM

As Axel approached, Fane tried to take a step back, only to be stopped by the counter at his back. He shivered upon feeling the rock star's touch, but still remained quite calm. Fane knew he would never let things go too far, he trusted himself enough for that. Especially since he kept in mind that Axel was probably still in a vulnerable place after what had happened in the alley.

So he smiled, accepting of what was happening without moving to further it. "Well, I'm looking forward to hearing what music you have in your home. " Fane let himself be guided to the living room with trepidation. He had no idea what to expect from his upcoming close encounter with Axel.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-09-2020, 06:32 PM

Axel's lips quirked into a half-smile, though he kept his back turned to Fane so the other man couldn't see it. As a musician, he listened to quite an eclectic selection of music. Though, compared to others in the music scene, he was perhaps less obsessed with music. Not that he hadn't steeped every inch of his life in song and lyric years ago, but lately, his free time went to stroking his own ego. He hadn't had time to show off his personal tastes. Now, he couldn't help but want to impress Fane a little with his music.

Plugging his iPod into the sound system, he flipped through the typical rock songs, the bits of hip-hop and classical, to settle on something with a heavy, club-type beat and rock vocals layers overtop to create something sexy but powerful, slow, but not the least bit boring.

"How's this for a dance song?" he said, finally turning so that Fane could see his smirk.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-09-2020, 08:56 PM

Fane waited patiently, his eyes taking in the sound system, the large living room space which was a perfect place to dance. It was almost like a personal dance club, one only an exclusive set of people ever saw.

When the strains of music began, his foot started tapping. Fane smiledh, answering Axel's smirk with something a little more joyful. He said nothing; the young man moved forward instead and slid close to Axel, making the distance between them disappear as he placed a hand on the other man's hip. His free hand moved to capture one of Axel's hands so that they stood in an approximation of a ball room dancing pose.

Now that the decision had been made to dance, Fane saw no reason to hesitate or hold anything back. He had every intention of taking the lead, moving them into a dance to match the music. "

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-19-2020, 04:25 PM

Although Axel wanted to laugh at the pose Fane captured them in, he didn't. There was something about being this close after all that happened that left his breath catching in his throat. He couldn't ruin the moment with crude jokes. "I think I shouldn't be surprised but I am," he murmured after the first few steps of the dance. He didn't know the steps, but Fane led so he let the other man. "Who dances like this a music selection like this one though? You truly are a strange man, Fane." Sliding his hand down the other man's back, he considered going lower, but left his hand, almost as if waiting for a better moment.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-20-2020, 01:02 AM

Fane smirked, and seemed to transform as the music's tempo did. Though it wasn't his normal selection, and Axel knew nothing of ballroom dancing, he still did his best to bring in the sexy allure of latin dances into the other man's living room. He didn't mention that he liked the warmth of the dark haired man's hand upon his back, but instead shifted just a little bit closer. "I thought you wanted to dance? We have so much room here, I would think it's a nice change from the kind of dancing you do at the clubs." The clubs were always so crowded, and people only made room for someone with showy dance moves. That knowledge had prompted him to learn just such things when he'd been in high school, but later he'd grown bored of that and moved on to learning more traditional styles of dance. That, along with his mechanical hobby, kept him pretty occupied outside of work.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-23-2020, 06:38 PM

Yet again, Axel felt a laugh bubbling up in him. He held it back though, not wanting to give Fane the satisfaction. Axel wasn't supposed to like dancing like this. He was supposed to dance like the drunk rockstar that he was in clubs. Fane was ridiculous to think he could occupy a different role. And yet, it felt so comfortable like this. Tipping his head back, he let that thought sink in. "You know...most people prefer the me in clubs. I prefer the me that parties and goes to clubs. Why are you so different? It makes me wonder what you want from me." It couldn't be a wild and crazy night like Axel first expected, but he didn't think that Fane had fallen for him either so what was the gain?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-23-2020, 10:31 PM

Even though the music still blasted loud, Faney slowed the dance to something with a less feverish pace. His arms and hands lingered upon the rock star as he pondered the question quite seriously. "In part, it's what I can do for you, I suppose. I mean, it would be nice to become a friends." Fane found himself looking down into Axel's eyes with a smile. "Is that so surprising? That I don't want to jump you ... at least, not without getting to know you first? I don't know what you've heard, but I don't do casual one night stands." He was always trying relationships, and they just never seemed to work out, and it was so surprising for him to be talking about such things with this client he'd only just met.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-31-2020, 11:32 PM

Axel snorted loud enough to hear over the music, his eyes flashing for a brief second. Those insecurities of his crept back up into his throat though, making it hard to breathe. Making it hard to do anything but lash out. "And who told you that I needed friends?!" He snatched his hands away, sucking air in through his teeth. "If you want to sleep with me, just say it. Otherwise, don't!" Laughing, he spun off to find a cigarette, lighting it so he could cool his nerves. It didn't help much, but it felt familiar in his hands in a way this tightness across his skin didn't. He'd probably gotten too close to Fane, and yet, he still gave him a curious look, not quite pushing him away. "No one's wanted to be my friend since high school. I don't know if I'm interested."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-03-2020, 11:07 PM

Fane watched with raised eyebrows as Axel slipped away. Then he shrugged, and moved to settle down on one the living room couch, his arms spread across the back in a very relaxed posture. "Just because I offer friendship, doesn't mean I expect it to be accepter." He sighed, then leaned forward to rest his arms across his knees. "And let me make myself clear. I would only sleep with you if we were in a relationship, if we were dating. Since that seems rather unlikely, the answer is obviously no." Fane wondered if his words would set off another bout of whatever had happened in the alley, and hoped they didn't. It wasn't a rejection, it was a setting out of conditions which had to be met in order for something to happen.

"I say it's unlikely for two reasons... One, we will be working together professionaly and it could complicate things tremendously in a way friendship wouldn't, and two, " said Fane with a chuckle, "Two, you have your pick of anyone you want, I can't imagine you settling for someone like me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-06-2020, 04:15 PM

Axel made an exaggerated show of rolling his eyes. Nevermind the tension in his shoulders, the extra-long drag he took of his cigarette. "Well, it's true that you're definitely not my type. Dating you would be-" Horrible, emotionally exhausting, probably amazing. He couldn't say any of that though. Axel didn't date. It required him to show too many vulnerabilities he wasn't ready to admit. Friendship though? He might be able to manage it.

"I still doubt we can be anything like friends, but if you want to give it a try, I guess I have no objections. Go ahead. Like me if you want. Lot of good it will do you." His eyes darted down to the floor before he stalked to an armchair and threw himself over it with his feet up on the table. The tightness in his skin only got worse but he was used to hiding this. He was used to acting in control. "Just don't' expect me to start acting all BFF all of a sudden."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-09-2020, 12:38 AM

Dating him would be, what? Too stiffling, too horrible to contemplate? Fane was sure he'd heard it all, and yet it was on the tip of his tongue to ask Axel to finish the sentence. The manager moistened his lips, and glanced at Axel now sprawled comfortably across from him. The blond man looked away nervously, feeling a little out of his depth suddenly. He kept remembering the alleyway, and recalling that reminded him that Axel wasn't the man he made himself appear.

So when his gaze returned to the blue eyed man, it was a searching one."I think you actually want to be friends, but you're too afraid to admit it. It would mean letting your mask fall, right? So I guess we'll have to work on building up some trust before you could really call me a friend."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2020, 11:19 PM

Axel sucked in a sharp breath but recovered before he could let his shock show any further than that. Still, he couldn't help but stare at Fane. "You...?" He bit his lip and turned away with a forced-sounding laugh. "Don't get ahead of yourself there. Who said I was afraid of anything? It's not a matter of trust!" he snorted. But it was and even he knew it. How could Fane see so well through him? Not even his bandmates knew him this well. It was strange.

"But I guess you can say whatever you want," Axel added with a wave of his hand. "It won't make a difference to me. If we're going to stay up until midnight chatting though, I'm going to need another drink. I thought the plan was just to dance."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-15-2020, 12:24 AM

Fane watched Axel's reaction with butterflies fluttering around in his stomach. He could have been completely and utterly wrong about what had happened earlier, and his conclusions. The way the other man stared at him only seemed to confirm it all, despite what Axel said to dismiss it. The rock star must have had such a difficult time of it ...

"I suppose we could try dancing again, your way this time." So saying, Fane left the comfort of the sofa and stood still for a moment before falling into rhythm with the music, letting it flow through him and dictate his every move. Honestly, he felt a little silly dancing on his own to music he wasn't used to, but he had said he would dance with Axel and it didn't seem like what they'd done before lived up to that. It had been such a short lived dance, after all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-17-2020, 12:41 AM

Axel felt like he might get whip-lash from talking to Fane a whole day. After his bitter words, he expected the other man to up and leave. The options he gave were leave or dance, though perhaps he hadn't worded it as black or white as that. Regardless, Fane picked the option he didn't expect.

After staring for a second, he rolled off of the couch and stalked over the dancing man. "So you know how to dance after all. I thought you were just stringing me along this whole time like a dog on a leash," he crooned, that infuriating grin back on his face. Even as he fell into the rhythm of the song though, he couldn't quite relax. So, he did the only thing he could think of. He pulled Fane against his chest and whispered into his ear.

"Or are you the one acting like a dog now?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-17-2020, 01:31 AM

Fane's mouth opened to protest the other man's words, but snapped shut when Axel approached. They were dancing so wonderfully close together, as they had been earlier during the small spate of ballroom dancing. And then he was being pulled against the other man; the whispered words sent a shiver down Fane's spine. A soft, barely audible, sound escaped him before he could bite it back. It wasn't like earlier at all. The atmosphere was far more charged.

Fane took a breath and tried his best to collect himself, even as his body moulded itself against the other man, sinking into Axel's hold. He found himself moving his hands to pull the rock star even closer. "It's neither. We're just two people trying to find out footing with each other." And what wonderful footing it was, with the song's loud beat pounding through his blood and the dancing making his face rosy, or perhaps that was because of Axel himself ...

The manager knew he needed to pull away and call an end to the night before things got out of hand. It was the sensible thing to do. Still, Fane couldn't help but want to linger just a little longer, savouring something he was sure would never happen again. That night had been an exceptional one, so full of emotions.